Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Sep 2014
This is without a doubt best anime ever made.
offtopic: I would really love to see the third warr animated one day (ofc written by Urobuchi-san).
Too bad it will never happen.
Dec 21, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
TheDeceiv3R said:
offtopic: I would really love to see the third warr animated one day (ofc written by Urobuchi-san).
I am not hating on Urobuchi but why not Kinoko Nasu?
Dec 22, 2014 6:12 AM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
TheDeceiv3R said:
I'll answer that for him/her: Who the fuck is Kinoko Nasu?

o.o
Dec 22, 2014 12:46 PM

Aug 2014
StrayBotato said:
HentaiPriest said:

o.o

Is this serious or are you just making like a secondary?
Dec 22, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2009
Insertanamehere said:
StrayBotato said:

o.o

I dont know about him but I keep checking the name again and again for typos.
Dec 22, 2014 4:39 PM

Nov 2013
HentaiPriest said:
Insertanamehere said:

How can I not know Nasu =__=
That really hurt my feelings, guys.

Zero only viewers don't know who the hell is Nasu most of the time. They don't know he is the creator of Type-Moon verse (if they know what Type-Moon is). They don't know F/Z is more than 50% his ideas and work, not to mention his supervision of the other bits proposed by Urobuchi, and probably don't even know he wrote KnK as well, which they, sometimes, have on their favorites and praise to be the pinnacle of modern animation.
Dec 22, 2014 5:49 PM

Sep 2014
Butcher circlejerk is very strong. Heck, I still see people praising him for Aldnoah.Zero (no comment on the show), when he wrote like 2 eps.
Dec 23, 2014 3:17 AM

Nov 2013
KachidokiPriest said:
Butcher circlejerk is very strong. Heck, I still see people praising him for Aldnoah.Zero (no comment on the show), when he wrote like 2 eps.
3 episodes, and he wasn't the one who came up with most of the characters in the show.

Like I said a few months back, people just don't bother looking who did what.
Dec 23, 2014 4:11 AM

Aug 2014
StrayBotato said:
HentaiPriest said:
How can I not know Nasu =__=
That really hurt my feelings, guys.

Zero only viewers don't know who the hell is Nasu most of the time. They don't know he is the creator of Type-Moon verse (if they know what Type-Moon is). They don't know F/Z is more than 50% his ideas and work, not to mention his supervision of the other bits proposed by Urobuchi, and probably don't even know he wrote KnK as well, which they, sometimes, have on their favorites and praise to be the pinnacle of modern animation.

Sorry, sorry, I'm just too used to seeing high levels of stupidity all over the place at this point.
Dec 24, 2014 10:13 PM
Jul 2011
Watched the 2006 Fate/Stay Night adaptation long ago it as well as the anime adaptation of Tsukihime which was basically my gateway drug into the whole Nasuverse back then with the VNs and stuff. Such an interesting setting. Haven't been keeping up with Fate and decided to get back into it so binged watch Fate/Zero to get ready for FSN anime remake.

It's been a great series to watch play out in animated form though it kind of stumbles around a little in the end but that's mainly if you're not familiar with the original source. For a series that spend so much time developing certain aspects of characters (Kirei transformation to who is today and in FSN was fantastic) it was a little disappointing to how the Saber/Lancelot scenario played out in the end.

Glorious Naked Gilgamesh and the whole Anga Mainyu can be a little head scratchy too without some outside reference fill-in, but other than that it was great to see how everything started to set off FSN. I look forward to moving on the FSN remake.
Dec 25, 2014 2:33 PM

Nov 2013
I think you can find more on Lancelot/Saber stuff in F/Z LN.. Unless you've read that already and are now complaining about the anime cutting stuff out.
Dec 26, 2014 3:28 AM
Jul 2011
Yeah you can find out about that in the LN like other stuff, that's always a given (and yes I read it). It was just my opinion that I would have like a little bit more of Lancelot dialoge exchanges with Saber/flashback animated since I liked the character quite a bit since he plays kind of a big part in Saber's despair. Not a big deal, the overall product is still excellent. I've already moved on and have been binged watching the FSN UBW TV series.
Dec 26, 2014 8:27 PM
Nov 2013
Finally finished it. Great anime.
Jan 2, 2015 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
Why did kiretsugu killed his wife and daughter? also, who won the grail war? I don't get it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2015 9:33 AM

Sep 2013
Clefairiess said:
Why did kiretsugu killed his wife and daughter? also, who won the grail war? I don't get it.

1. Kiritsugu didn't kill his wife and daughter.

2. No one won, although some participants survived. No one claimed the Grail and fulfilled his/her wish.
Jan 5, 2015 4:57 AM

Aug 2014
Finished!
I don't have regret that I watch it^.^Amazing anime (Clap,clap)
Jan 5, 2015 5:40 AM

Oct 2013
... welp, I never seriously thought I'd watch an anime that would make me consider bumping FMA off of my #1 spot, but here we are. My God, that was a phenomenal way to end the series. This series was an utter masterpiece in every way. Even disregarding the rest of the series, this episode alone was full of bone chilling and heart wrenching scenes.

This much I can say with certainty, King Arthur... you were the greatest of all kings who ever lived.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 5, 2015 6:49 PM

May 2011
Made the enjoyment of FSN vn even better, especially since it ends with Kiritsugu saving Emiya which sets the mood for FSN. ufotable <3

Now I'm getting the urge to read FSN again after a long time and maybe hollow ataraxia afterwards.
Jan 8, 2015 4:14 AM

Dec 2014
Now that I understood the ending, I've gotta say I'm impressed with this series. i can't wait to start watching UBW.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 8, 2015 4:40 AM

Nov 2013
Clefairiess said:
Now that I understood the ending, I've gotta say I'm impressed with this series. i can't wait to start watching UBW.

You should read the Fate/Stay Night visual novel first, or at least, the first part of the VN, called "Fate". Don't make the same mistake I did, UBW doesn't work as a stand-alone, it's the middle part of Fate/Stay Night.
Jan 8, 2015 5:07 AM

Dec 2014
kokusho36 said:
Clefairiess said:

You should read the Fate/Stay Night visual novel first, or at least, the first part of the VN, called "Fate". Don't make the same mistake I did, UBW doesn't work as a stand-alone, it's the middle part of Fate/Stay Night.

Alright! Thank you so much :D
Jan 10, 2015 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
Ending was fine, overall first season is better.

Jan 12, 2015 10:22 AM

Aug 2014
honestly wasn't that great. I'm pretty unsatisfied with how the fire was portrayed with the big towery thingy. I prefer fate stay night because that seems to build up at the end but this steadily tapered off into nothing (zero lol) which even though I know what happens next, gave a lacking feeling at the end. It also felt like stuff was missing form the novels.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 14, 2015 3:15 AM

Jul 2007
Clefairiess said:

You already got spoiled for majority of it though by watching Zero first.
Jan 14, 2015 10:54 AM

Aug 2014
Not UBW really. Well kirei killing tokimoi was a pretty big reveal in UBW.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jan 26, 2015 2:53 PM

Nov 2012
So Lancelot went mad because Aurthur never punished him?

Feel really bad for Matou and Kiritsugu. They wanted to save people they loved but Matou failed and Kiritsugu recognized the true nature of the Grail.

Overall 9/10. Fate/Zero was amazing, but the feeling of suspense just never really hit me. Each episode was so great that it didn't really feel as if the next episode could be better.
Jan 27, 2015 4:46 PM

Jul 2007
FirstFamiliar said:
So Lancelot went mad because Aurthur never punished him?

Feel really bad for Matou and Kiritsugu. They wanted to save people they loved but Matou failed and Kiritsugu recognized the true nature of the Grail.

Overall 9/10. Fate/Zero was amazing, but the feeling of suspense just never really hit me. Each episode was so great that it didn't really feel as if the next episode could be better.

How the hell did Kariya go to save people?

His main goal was to steal Tokiomi's wife. Sakura was just another tool to get her to be grateful to him.

Kerry also set up himself for failure by being a hypocrite and clinging to set of hypocritical ideals to the point of wanting a shady wish granting ritual to fulfill it. The Grail just showcased him face to face on why his ideals suck. Even if grail was actually working and not tainted his wish would still have that outcome the grail showed
Jan 27, 2015 4:57 PM

Aug 2009
CookingPriest said:

His main goal was to steal Tokiomi's wife. Sakura was just another tool to get her to be grateful to him.

Wow man hoho.Wow.I don't even know what to say.

Kariya turned into a monster just like that.
Jan 27, 2015 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
CookingPriest said:

It's a lot more clear cut in the novel. The anime downplays that and makes him appear somewhat more sympathetic.
Jan 27, 2015 5:24 PM

Aug 2009
fst said:
HentaiPriest said:

It's a lot more clear cut in the novel. The anime downplays that and makes him appear somewhat more sympathetic.
Em no?
Every year his character is turned even more despicable.

Yes he wanted Aoi.But saying that Sakura was just a tool is bullshit.
Jan 27, 2015 5:32 PM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
fst said:

Em no?

well it's not total bullshit
Jan 27, 2015 5:49 PM

Aug 2009
fst said:
HentaiPriest said:
Em no?

So you are saying that Kariya willingly ruined his body and future(he knows that he will die) to live with Aoi by using Sakura...

Em...lol?
Jan 27, 2015 5:55 PM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
fst said:

So you are saying that Kariya willingly ruined his body and future(he knows that he will die) to live with Aoi by using Sakura...

Em...lol?

No.

But in a very dim sense, there is some element of truth in saying that Sakura is a tool.
Jan 27, 2015 6:13 PM

Aug 2009
For after he lost most of his ability to think yes.Even his actions to save her, had to do with Tokiomi, as if he knew he would win the war if he just died.

But saying that Sakura is just a tool, a pretext to steal Aoi is stupid.Pre worm Kariya has the common sense to know that she wont just fall in love with him for killing Tokiomi.Hell even the Messed up Kariya realizes that in the Church,as if he had an epiphany about how stupid this plan was all along. He even knows that she fully supports him.He knows that, from her pov what Kariya is doing is stupid and wrong.From the Tohsaka family the only one that would want Kariya to succeed is Rin due to her age and lack of magus brainwashing.
Jan 27, 2015 6:32 PM

Jul 2007
HentaiPriest said:
fst said:

Em no?

Saving Sakura was all about Aoi being grateful

While being fucked in the brain had its role in this, Kariya's main purpose was to play out a powerfantasy of getting revenge against the man who stole his wife and getting that wife's gratitude by bringing back her daughter.

No one knows how sane Kariya would approach it but that is this kariya's goal.
Jan 27, 2015 6:34 PM

Aug 2009
An Aoi that completely agreed with Tokiomi and told Kariya to fuck off...yeah....
Jan 28, 2015 4:50 AM

Jul 2007
Not to mention that if Zouken saw ANY chances at Aoi liking Kariya he would have done anything to get her into the family. Since none of that happened it only shows how onesided that affection is.

Which only shows how ridiculous and insane his goal was.

He constructed this power fantasy of Tokiomi being this oppressive villain coercing his wife into giving away his daughter to EVIL. And he played it out

Had he even considered or was sane enough to consider that MAYBE tokiomi wanted the best for sakura and genuinely did not know about matous none of that would happen.

Say what you want about Kariya's tragedy but it was not SELFLESS. IT was the very opposite of that. And Zouken saw it and manipulated that.

Alas he took his revenge fantasy over that.
Jan 28, 2015 4:52 AM

Aug 2009
I never said it was selfless.

But you use your headcanon to twist everything to the worst,most childish direction.
Jan 28, 2015 8:18 AM

Mar 2013
HentaiPriest said:
I never said it was selfless.

But you use your headcanon to twist everything to the worst,most childish direction.

buried somewhere in that headcannon is a legitimate point, if you can be arsed to pick it out.

-It's true that he got friendzoned hard.
-It's true that his goal is ridiculous no matter how you look at it
-It's true that he really, really wanted to NTR Tokiomi.
Jan 28, 2015 10:47 AM

Aug 2009
-So hard that he backed the fuck away instead of doing anything.I dont see how it matters.Sakura is friendkohaizoned in bothe Fate and UBW.SAKURA.I didnt see her doing anything.There is a difference in being jealous and having common sens eto NOT do anything.
-So is Tokiomi's reason for sending Sakura to Zouken even if he didnt know shit or even being bothered to look into it.Now how is saving a girl that you treat as a niece ridiculous?
-After he lost his mind.Didnt help that Tokiomi was spouting his crap that one time they met in the war.
Jan 28, 2015 1:53 PM

Nov 2013
Can we all just agree that both Tokiomi AND Kariya were idiots?
Jan 29, 2015 11:25 PM

Apr 2013
THE END
and the stage is set for FSN

Sakura was one creepy child. and here I thought Rin's mother was dead too, though her fate isn't much of an improvement. Waver's epilogue was nice, soothing even, though it didn't give me that feeling as i was on the edge the whole time during that part. I was thinking an arrow would come out of the wall and end his life. good thing that didn't happen!

just one question, really. why was Gilgamesh sitting above Kirei without any clothes at all. you expect me to believe that he had the presence of mind to dig his Master out of the rubble and then sit naked waiting for him to wake up? what purpose would that serve?!

seems like I owe an apology to Kiritsugu as he actually did kill Kirei, but the Grail for some crazy reason granted him a second chance. I think this grail belonged to Judas...
Jan 30, 2015 3:22 AM

Aug 2014
Inb4 this is why you read/watch F/SN first
The grail attempted to corrupt him but failed so he managed to gain a flesh and blood body instead. And no, he did not dig Kirei out, Kirei came back. The Grail brought Kirei back because IIRC the failed corruption from Gil flowed into Kirei and replaced his heart with a set of curses from angry manjuu
Jan 30, 2015 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
that still doesn't explain why he was naked...
Jan 30, 2015 6:28 AM

Aug 2014
R2 said:

He was swallowed by the black stuff. His armour and clothes, etc, were dissolved. He managed to get out. And didn't bother rematerializing it.
Jan 30, 2015 7:12 AM

Apr 2013
Insertanamehere said:
R2 said:

He was swallowed by the black stuff. His armour and clothes, etc, were dissolved. He managed to get out. And didn't bother rematerializing it.

talk about an exhibitionist.
though i now understand what happened. somewhat.
Jan 31, 2015 5:45 PM

Jul 2007
R2 said:
THE END
and the stage is set for FSN

Sakura was one creepy child. and here I thought Rin's mother was dead too, though her fate isn't much of an improvement. Waver's epilogue was nice, soothing even, though it didn't give me that feeling as i was on the edge the whole time during that part. I was thinking an arrow would come out of the wall and end his life. good thing that didn't happen!

just one question, really. why was Gilgamesh sitting above Kirei without any clothes at all. you expect me to believe that he had the presence of mind to dig his Master out of the rubble and then sit naked waiting for him to wake up? what purpose would that serve?!

seems like I owe an apology to Kiritsugu as he actually did kill Kirei, but the Grail for some crazy reason granted him a second chance. I think this grail belonged to Judas...

Insertanamehere said:
Inb4 this is why you read/watch F/SN first
The grail attempted to corrupt him but failed so he managed to gain a flesh and blood body instead. And no, he did not dig Kirei out, Kirei came back. The Grail brought Kirei back because IIRC the failed corruption from Gil flowed into Kirei and replaced his heart with a set of curses from angry manjuu

This is why you watch FSN first.

No, stage is not set for FSN, since this was not intended to be seen before FSN.
Jan 31, 2015 9:39 PM

Sep 2014
The thing is, these people *don't* care. F/Z = prequel, ergo, you watch Fate/Zero first. Fucking elitist priest faggots with their porn games
Feb 1, 2015 7:07 AM

Jul 2007
And then they complain when they don't get what is going on because obviously shitty action series with stupid ending.
Feb 1, 2015 8:29 PM

Sep 2014
Nah man, Urobuchi wrote it, so most of it was good. Nasu forced him to change the ending to fit that stupid shounen series
Pages (27) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - May 12, 2012

589 by frieren2024 »»
Apr 26, 4:02 AM

» What's next?

infinite_Shadows - Apr 10

13 by Ain2Zwei »»
Apr 15, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2012

655 by Joel77 »»
Mar 25, 11:03 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Jun 9, 2012

728 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 18, 2:06 PM

Poll: » Fate/Zero 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

belatkuro - Apr 28, 2012

585 by goodwake »»
Mar 9, 11:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.