Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 9, 2012 1:50 PM

Feb 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was pretty good, a nice example of a metaphor taken literally. Made me think of The Hollow Men by T.S. Eliot.
Apr 27, 2015 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
nice episode. poor horohoro can't even cry
Nov 4, 2015 10:47 AM

May 2012
Great episode, quite sad for horohoro, but well let's see what happens next.
Feb 20, 2016 8:49 AM
Jan 2016
Love the sheer absurdity of this episode's concept, Tetsuro conversing with a skeleton. One of my favorite episodes of the series.
May 27, 2017 4:18 PM
Aug 2014
Maetel wasn't being very hospitable to Tetsurou's guest, but then neither was Tetsurou.

Guess there isn't some overarching government; otherwise being branded a murderer would be quite troublesome.
Nov 27, 2017 8:38 AM

Nov 2017
"it's ok, I don't mind being considered a murderer here."

Also, some strange ass morals going on here.
Jul 17, 2019 2:32 AM

Aug 2015
So Horohoro doesn't have a mechanical body, he's just..a skeleton...okay, why not
the skeleton was pretty clever, if another left hand turn into magical realism

Horohoro follows the universal classic maxim of "if you have women problems, respond with violence to feel better"...though at least he seems to be at a bad end and not satisfied with his outcome. It's certainly not a strong condemnation of violence or this kind of thinking though when Tetsuro describes it as inevitable.

Tetsuro pleads with Horohoro to not kill anyone (after realizing his visit may have been a catalyst for this) but then takes the rap for him after he's killed somebody, which I personally find repugnant. It might be "realistic" for Tetsuro to act this way, but this is 999, not Homicide: Life on the Street.
Jul 22, 2019 10:56 AM

Oct 2016
Honestly, this is my favorite episode so far. Easily a 10. I hope we have more episodes like this.
First of all, I love desert settings, which we do get in this show every now and then, but this was the kind that I love. A desert with a bright, blue, sunny sky. The atmosphere for both day and night was absolutely spot-on. They lead us to believe Horohoro is going to be Tetsuro's enemy, because of the message from the hotel staff at the beginning. This is how other episodes are set up, Tetsuro does something he's not supposed to do and gets chased/kidnapped/etc. But Horohoro actually ends up being a character who for the most part was nice to Tetsuro (until the whole framing thing). They took a dark road with this episode. I thought it was sooo obvious someone was going to stop Horohoro before he killed that girl, but he actually killed her. That was definitely surprising. I also liked the whole design and premise for Horohoro.
Overall, my favorite episode by far. I loved the vibe and atmosphere in this one so much. It made me want to watch a show in this setting. I hope we can get more episodes this good.
EDIT:
Updated signature because Tinypic is shutting down.

PikslapJul 28, 2019 6:31 PM
Aug 24, 2021 4:12 PM

Nov 2016
Horohoro had similarities with Conductor till he took his clothes off. Poor guy, his wife left him for Chad. Why did Maetel not give him a ticket? ;_;

PS: He shouldn't be able to feel sad because he doesn’t have a heart yohohohoho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2021 4:07 PM

Jan 2019
Being betrayed must be an unbearable pain. I can understand the motives Horohoro had for doing what he did, but this was something that destroyed his life, both emotionally and physically...
Apr 13, 2023 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
Horohoro just couldn't move on unless his one time girlfriend was expelled from the world, but it will likely be some time before he can move on, if ever.

Tetsurou couldn't stop him, and he's willing to live with that.

Apr 29, 2023 8:28 PM

Feb 2016
My favorite episode so far but what a tragic story 

More topics from this board

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 42 Discussion

Feorg - Jul 7, 2012

12 by MoblinGoblin »»
May 3, 6:38 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 11 Discussion

sayami - Jun 3, 2011

16 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 15, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 32 Discussion

Feorg - Jun 16, 2012

7 by Brolaub »»
Apr 15, 12:54 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 9 Discussion

sayami - Jun 2, 2011

10 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 14, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Galaxy Express 999 Episode 8 Discussion

sayami - Jun 2, 2011

14 by MoblinGoblin »»
Apr 14, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.