Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2012 11:42 AM

Jan 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Pretty interesting first chapter. I'm expecting a Hoshi no Samidare type atmosphere.
Jun 7, 2012 1:56 PM

Nov 2010
Tough to say, really. I'm pretty much a Mizukami Satoshi fanboy (HnS is my favorite manga), so I went in with really high expectations. The story may become interesting depending on how it's explored but there are some things I didn't like at all.

The main characters are too young for a seinen, and their personalities worry me. The main male character is a very weak character who looks like the average shonen male lead in every irritating way. He's already pretty miserable of a character but when you compare him to the awesomeness of yuuhi and his initial deadpan humor, the kid looks like the worst character ever created. The girl feels shallow and stereotypical. It's hard to explain but if you compare her to samidare in the early chapters I think you'll know what I mean. Not a lot of comedy, funniest moments were the dialogues of the kid's father. Their powers are not very interesting or visually cool... The manga didn't feel like a seinen in the slightest, it felt like the average shonen.

But on the other hand if the reincarnation part of the story is well carried out we may witness an interesting style of story telling. And Sengoku Youko also has a very weak beginning that eventually leads to awesome moments, so we'll see.

An author can't always get things right and this one, unfortunately, feels like a bad move on his part but I'll trust him for now, and obviously I won't drop it. I kinda wish the scanlators had scanlated more of his oneshots instead... The 3rd volume just came out and the translation stopped years ago in the middle of the 1st. The oneshot "Reading Time" left a very strong impression on me...
Mar 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Sep 2011
Hmm... not a bad chapter but it wasn't that good either. I still have hopes, Hoshi no Samidare and Sengoku Youko are awesome after all...
Apr 12, 2013 6:20 AM

Feb 2011
interesting start, hope this will be a long story
the time leaps are amusing

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Feb 12, 2015 12:58 PM

Dec 2011
Hmm? Interesting, albeit a tad confusing. Still, it's only the first chapter.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 26, 2017 8:23 PM

Dec 2013
That was a weird first chapter. Pretty decent expectations for this series considering who the author is.
Jul 14, 2020 11:03 PM

Dec 2009
Odd... as they're fighting, she lets him answer his phone.
Her scar is awfully huge on her forehead though, damn. Interesting that he instantly felt she was beautiful on first impression.

Harsh first impression though, calling his name dumb when he introduces himself, haha.
Different method to display forth the facts of the story's foundation in how he can see ghosts, is connected to her with past lives but nonetheless interesting.

So in his dream, with the ghost he can see, he was Fortuna and she was Rune... waking up sobbing, he knows he deeply cared for her. 'Curious to see what their relationship is really like overall.

Ah, so since seeing him she was reminded of "someone" she hated which is why she was harsh when they first spoke.
Wow. Abrupt start to finding him out of seeing East (ghosts) and being aware of him to then confirming she's her sworn "enemy". Awesome.
So that scar is her pride... I wonder what that means. After being knocked back by that ring, falling into the stairs we see another past life of his through Fone, with Rei.

Hmm... so as Fone he believed that the oracles and ceremony was false, along with reincarnation. Suddenly her dad gleefully arrives to announce to Rei that she's been chosen at the sacrifice, while she looks thrilled of the news and he looks shocked.
Then we see Fuuta unconscious, Kouko looking at him from above.

Hmm... interesting. On to the next chapter.
Jul 16, 2020 6:52 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Reincarnation ? well it sounds interesting, good start I guess
Jul 6, 2021 2:59 PM

Jan 2009
so this is about reincarnation and multiple ones too in different eras
Nov 16, 2021 4:03 PM

Dec 2015
I wonder who was calling him. Thought he was going to make a new friend or get a girlfriend but it turns out they have a past and she's trying to kill him. That weapon looks strange I wonder what those glyphs are about. This was an interesting start.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Spirit Circle Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nuvi - Mar 29, 2016

61 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 26, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Spirit Circle Chapter 39 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2015

9 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 26, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Spirit Circle Chapter 33 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2015

8 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 26, 1:14 AM

Poll: » Spirit Circle Chapter 30 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2014

12 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 26, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Spirit Circle Chapter 8 Discussion

VitaX - Jan 13, 2013

13 by KanYeeT »»
Mar 25, 8:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.