Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2008 5:48 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
ONE WORD: DISAPPOINTED! A LOT! VERY FRUSTRATED TO THE POINT OF THROWING MY COMPUTER! MAD SO WRITE IN CAPS!

WTF is the problem of Rito???? WHY? WHY? WHY? WAS THE MARRIAGE TO LALA NOT DONE! SAIRENJI IS THE CAUSE SO WHY THE FUCK DID NOT THE FATHER KILL HER? WHERE THE HELL IS SCHOOLDAYS! The whole got ruined BECAUSE RITO COULD NOT DECIDE ON HIS FEELINGS??? BULL FUCKING SHIT ENDING! IF YOU ASK ME. MAN I AM SO PISSED!

RITO IS WEAK
RITO IS STUPID
RITO IS MORONIC
RITO SEES NOT TRUTH BUT BLIND STUPID LOVE
RITO CANNOT EVEN DO THE CHALLENGE WITHOUT LIKE 10 OF HIS FRIENDS
RITO GOT IN A DREAM THAT HE WAS TOO STUPID TO REALIZE UNTIL LIKE DAWN...WHICH TO ME IS LIKE 5 OR 6 HOURS.HMMMMMM....REALLY STUPID RITO!
RITO CAN BE #1 IN THE UNIVERSE BUT NOOOOOOOO!

OBVIOUSLY THE SLIME EATING CLOTHES AND ALL THAT IS...WE ALL KNOW FOR WHAT.

.............GOING TO CALL DOWN SOMEWHERE IN THE MEANTIME MEMORIES IN PICTURE FORMAT! LAST HOMAGE TO THIS!

COOL PICTURE OF GID'S UFO.

EVERYONE STUCK IN HELICOPTER....NOW THAT WAS LOL!

YAMI SAVING LITERALLY RITO'S ASS!

WE ALL KNOW YOU ARE USELESS AND THE NAZIS WOULD KILL YOU AND ALSO WE KNOW LALA IS POWERLESS AGAINST GID TOO BAD YOU ARE ALSO POWERLESS RITO BAKA!

THIS MUST BE REAL BUT I AM TOO STUPID TO REALIZE IT IS A DREAM UNTIL SOMEONE HELPS ME AGAIN!

LALA IS BEAUTIFUL IN THE WEDDING GOWN!!!!! ^_^ WHY THE HELL DID YOU SCREW UP RITO BAKA!BAKA!BAKA! NEVER FORGIVE ASSHOLE LIKE YOU!

OBVIOUSLY THE WHOLE MEMORY CRAP NEVER WORKED....I WONDER WHY....HMM.

TO EVERYONE.....RUNE IS BACK!

I'LL ADD MORE COMMENTS AFTER SUBS. Why to I have the feeling they did this all for a possible season 2????

Look, I get more with the subs BUT still does not explain why does he not marry both? At this rate something will only change once they graduate. RITO BAKA SERIOUSLY! The whole thing is DON'T GET SERIOUS AND ENJOY LIFE TO THE MAX. With shows like this no wonder there is a birth decline.....EVERYONE IS CONFUSED by whether to marry or have many girls and a happy life. NO MORE COMMENTS.
angel999Sep 27, 2008 4:34 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 26, 2008 5:35 PM

Nov 2007
Personally, I love how they ended the series. It brought a feel of epicness and used the same memory erase part from the manga ^^;

The original comics aren't finished, and with this ending, a second season can still come out (hopefully with more manga adaptions in it).

Overall it was a fun series, with decent animation, and a nice soundtrack. It's quite underrated by most people in my opnion. Just because it doesn't give accuracy to the manga, doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. This is XEBEC, so the series is bound to be worst than the original works.

8/10
Sep 26, 2008 10:28 PM

May 2008
I actually loved this ending. I usually don't get emotional being a guy and all that, but I got a little choked up at the end with the whole Sairenji and Lala yelling at Yuki to wake up etc.

I think this left a good opening for season 2, and a good ending to the anime adaptation if they so choose it to be that way.
Sep 26, 2008 11:15 PM

Aug 2008
I was pretty pleased with it also, i assumed a memory thing like in the manga, I thought it fit. At least Rito actually did something for once he ran... maybe a 100 yard sprint. :O The rest he was in a car or helicopter...
Sep 27, 2008 12:58 AM

Jun 2007
After watching this it definitely felt like they left it open ended for a second season like the people above said. The ending wasn't bad but also wasn't good, it was decent. I'm happy all the characters got some screen time in this ep too. Although Ritos sis was barely in it, she showed up at the end and that was it :(.
Sep 27, 2008 12:59 AM

Jan 2008
I also like the ending pretty much!
It made me gonna cry at the end for some reason.. I don't know why. :)
Sep 27, 2008 2:12 AM

Sep 2007
Yes! I predicted they used the failed memory-erasing for the Anime's end even before it began. After all the crap that happened the last few episodes I started to doubt it though but they really did. At least one thing went right in the end... okay, now a season 2 please but don't screw it up this time, the Manga has enough material to choose from. >.<

Haruna > Lala

...just to ruin the thread creator's day even more. :p
Sep 27, 2008 2:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ending was meh.

Half of the all the episodes were crap, the other half was okay. There were only 2 or 3 episodes I really enjoyed. What I also liked were the OP and the Haruna ED. Overall music was pretty lame too so that makes this an average anime for me. 5/10

I kinda want to subtract another point for the bad Chihiro subs. '... in sickness or in health.', gotta be kidding me. Oh well, can't blame that on the anime heh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 27, 2008 5:41 AM

May 2008
RITO IS HUMAN :P
and Rito is still Kid

I enjoyed this episode, maybe not because it was good but it was better than last 10 episodes. Anyway good part choosen to end this show, and if they make season 2 i hope they will show there woman version of Rito xd
Sep 27, 2008 7:51 AM

Feb 2008
lol im not sure how to really feel about that ending. i would say it was pretty half assed. in the end the would have just done without the whole would be invasion. had everyone forgotten, it might have made more of an impact.

it might have been even better had it only been 12 eps. Lala is the better woman than sairen. she was actually willing to give him up. rito just wants to own a harem with him as the king, he just so happens to be weak. If the engagement had taken place, it might have made all the crap that has happened mean something. i hate anime that make full circle without any progress with the central conflict.
Sep 27, 2008 7:54 AM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
lol im not sure how to really feel about that ending. i would say it was pretty half assed. in the end the would have just done without the whole would be invasion. had everyone forgotten, it might have made more of an impact.

it might have been even better had it only been 12 eps.

I think it would AWESOME if Lala and Rito would marry and how things would be on earth after that....Sairenji being a mistress to Saito or falling in love with Zastin....stuff like that would THIS GREAT! But....euh...BIG NO I GUESS.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Sep 27, 2008 7:58 AM

Feb 2008
Lala is truly rito's. this being that she made every effort to make him like her and she succeded. her advantage being the one that lives with him.

Sairenji had also an advantage of having been the one Rito's liked all along, but she was weak, and never pursued him. in the ned she fell out of favor with him.

there in the end Rito seem to gravitate towards lala, but that only means the sutuation forced it that way. in other more peaceful times, he gravitated towards Sairen, but that was before he confessed to Lala.

the only problem now, is that Rito is too weak to make a decision, that dream of his proved that. No one wants to hurt anyone, but someone always gets hurt in that situation, but that isnt the issue there.
Sep 27, 2008 8:03 AM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
Lala is truly rito's. this being that she made every effort to make him like her and she succeded. her advantage being the one that lives with him.

Sairenji had also an advantage of having been the one Rito's liked all along, but she was weak, and never pursued him. in the ned she fell out of favor with him.

there in the end Rito seem to gravitate towards lala, but that only means the sutuation forced it that way. in other more peaceful times, he gravitated towards Sairen, but that was before he confessed to Lala.

the only problem now, is that Rito is too weak to make a decision, that dream of his proved that. No one wants to hurt anyone, but someone always gets hurt in that situation, but that isnt the issue there.

Hurt? Perhaps but there are ways of explaining things. Proper words can have their proper effects. Should Sairenji truly less love Rito then logic says that she should accept Lala to marry Rito but THAT WAS NOT SHOWN!

What you ARE SAYING MAKES SENSE but it was not shown THAT WAY. The reason???
SECOND SEASON.....plain and simple. I would think.
Sep 27, 2008 10:02 AM

Jul 2008
I loved this show, really, I hope they'll make a second season...
Sep 27, 2008 10:15 AM

Jul 2007
lame ending, should marry them both :)

8/10

2nd season would be cool, I enjoyed this Anime
Sep 27, 2008 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
I would've wanted Yuki to end up with Lala, but oh well. Overall, I thought it was a pretty good ending. I figured bye bye memory kun wouldn't work, but thank god it actually didn't.

If you watched just the first and last two eps, you'd think this was a pretty good show, like an ecchier version of Seto no Hanayome. Too bad they had 20+ mostly boring episodes in between.
Sep 27, 2008 10:30 AM

Jun 2008
we dont know who he ends up with
so i'll give it a 3 out of 5 -.-
will there be a second season i hope there is

"...and so the lion fell in love with the lamb"
Sep 27, 2008 1:08 PM

Aug 2008
kisami said:

it might have been even better had it only been 12 eps. Lala is the better woman than sairen. she was actually willing to give him up. rito just wants to own a harem with him as the king, he just so happens to be weak. If the engagement had taken place, it might have made all the crap that has happened mean something. i hate anime that make full circle without any progress with the central conflict.

I mostly agree, pretty good job summarizing my thoughts. I didn't like this last ep., I got my high hopes back after the previous two episodes, and to that, it was a letdown. Lala realizing rito's feelings and making a hard decision for his happiness (cos he sure sucks at making any decision) was a bit too sudden for me, so no crying on my part.We could say that the ending was somewhat epic, but only with caps off. It sure could of been a lot worse, but I really expected a win either for lala or haruna. It feels like ichigo 100.

About the series in general, for the first like dozen eps I thought this will be my all-time favorite comedy show, and I was thrilled to find out who will rito end up with. Then came the neverendingline of fillers, one more awful than the previous one. As said, the last 2-3 episodes really kept the hope alive, but in the end: meh!
The show had some fun parts, and a bunch of positive aspects like the graphics and the music (especially the op and ed2), so i think i'll give it a 7/10 (started as 9-10/10).
Sep 27, 2008 1:55 PM

Jun 2007
Sucky pointless ending but... everyone predicted it would be like that anyway.
6/10 =.=; I'm being generous.

Sep 27, 2008 1:57 PM

Mar 2008
Kinda classic ending. Obviously, Lala's latest invention failed too^^

She refused the manga because it's a harem anime. The hero can't choose one girl in the end. And i'm pretty sure they are planning to do a second season. (I want to see Rito changed into a girl ^^)
Sep 27, 2008 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:
kisami said:

I mostly agree, pretty good job summarizing my thoughts. I didn't like this last ep., I got my high hopes back after the previous two episodes, and to that, it was a letdown. Lala realizing rito's feelings and making a hard decision for his happiness (cos he sure sucks at making any decision) was a bit too sudden for me, so no crying on my part.We could say that the ending was somewhat epic, but only with caps off. It sure could of been a lot worse, but I really expected a win either for lala or haruna. It feels like ichigo 100.

About the series in general, for the first like dozen eps I thought this will be my all-time favorite comedy show, and I was thrilled to find out who will rito end up with. Then came the neverendingline of fillers, one more awful than the previous one. As said, the last 2-3 episodes really kept the hope alive, but in the end: meh!
The show had some fun parts, and a bunch of positive aspects like the graphics and the music (especially the op and ed2), so i think i'll give it a 7/10 (started as 9-10/10).

Should wait for the DVD you might put your ratings higher. I am willing to put 1 or 2 more points from 4/10 to 6/10 or higher....yup it's that good and of course uncensored.
Sep 27, 2008 2:50 PM

Jan 2008
Ending made me want to shoot someone because i think he SHOULD HAVE had a definite choice by the end of this, but sadly he didn't.
Sep 27, 2008 3:17 PM
Apr 2008
sonicspin said:
Personally, I love how they ended the series. It brought a feel of epicness and used the same memory erase part from the manga ^^;

The original comics aren't finished, and with this ending, a second season can still come out (hopefully with more manga adaptions in it).

Overall it was a fun series, with decent animation, and a nice soundtrack. It's quite underrated by most people in my opnion. Just because it doesn't give accuracy to the manga, doesn't mean it can't be entertaining. This is XEBEC, so the series is bound to be worst than the original works.

8/10
yes, like ss said, the last part of the series is based of the manga but i forget which chapter...
Sep 27, 2008 5:41 PM
Apr 2008
i sense season 2 lol
Sep 27, 2008 6:04 PM

Jul 2008
Disappointed with the ending!!! I was hoping Rito would finally chose Lala or Haruna. Rito needs to man up.
They left room for a season 2 which might happen once the manga progresses a little more.
Sep 28, 2008 8:25 AM

Feb 2008
well if they do make a second season, they need to make it none sense. none of those crap 12 episodes that were just too irrelevant for the story progression. secondly, they need to give rito some balls..or atleast a half a one. thirdly, Seirenji needs to be aggressive, give Lala a run for her money...and damn does she have alot haha.
Sep 28, 2008 10:00 AM

Jul 2008
The ending was excepted but the whole anime you could predict what would happen next. So .... for what it was, I would say that it was a good anime!
Sep 28, 2008 12:33 PM

Sep 2008
ma ma dont worry about complicated stuff, ithink that was a good ending plus i get a little emotional out there

even so i do wanted him to decide on one of them or to stay whit both, but thanks to this seson 2 can be aired whit no problems

mo ichido, i was kinda like whit my mouth open when lala tried to erase minna-san memories , but for her to fail in the end was lol

doesn`t anyone in the classroom thinks different to have the #1 universe man in their classroom
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Sep 28, 2008 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
Pretty obvious it was going to be an open ending.
Episode was quite boring .. but I enjoyed the series ---> 7/10
If there's a second season, I'll probably watch it.
Haruna ftw.
Sep 28, 2008 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
Was fun, I enjoyed the series.

I'm sure there will be second season since DVD sales of the first disc of the series are so high in Japan.
Sep 28, 2008 3:17 PM

Jul 2008
zozero said:
Was fun, I enjoyed the series.

I'm sure there will be second season since DVD sales of the first disc of the series are so high in Japan.

Oh yeah DVD also has amazing buffering like other in art and that is the first difference...other than that details of ecchi stuff is +++++ and YOU HAVE TO SEE IT! I saw up until 5 and one of the scenes HAD SUBSTANCE LIKE CUM leaking down O_O (during scene of tentacles).
Sep 28, 2008 9:46 PM

May 2008
Wow, no one saw that ending coming... (sarcasm)

well, a filler ending to a filler series. appropriate, eh? i hope if theres a next season, they go more from the book. still, decent ending, and they made up for all their filler plot twists by bringing it back to the beginning :P
Sep 28, 2008 9:58 PM

Jul 2008
half a season of fillers just to watch rito continue his streak of being an indecisive bastard, terribad ending imo
Sep 28, 2008 10:40 PM

Jul 2008
the ending was taken from one of the manga chapters I was at least hoping for something different than what I have already seen/read.
Sep 29, 2008 5:04 AM

Aug 2007
Rito is like the worst male main if u ask me no jks
Sep 29, 2008 2:48 PM
May 2008
I loved the ending! That was great :D

I'm kind of expecting a second season since they didn't really follow the manga. It was an amazing show overall. Glad Yami-chan was there |D
Sep 29, 2008 2:59 PM
Jan 2008
lol, someone's pissed ^^
But i agree, this episode sucks, and the fillers ruined the show. 6/10 overall.
Sep 29, 2008 3:01 PM

May 2008
nice ending... unfortunately, it is obviously that Rito is choosing Haruna... hope the second season can turns this back even in manga we can see the sign of RitoXLala...
Oct 1, 2008 2:12 AM

Jul 2008
so finally ended, not that special of course but i think it still satified me. i had some fun with this serie though, there were some fillers and extremely random episodes, but overall it was ok.

Oct 1, 2008 9:11 AM

Jun 2008
Well that was expected. I'm not too satisfied with the show but it was still somewhat good. So it still retains it's 7 i gave it. It doesn't need anymore, just because the fact of the 12 filler episodes that had no story progression whatsoever makes it only get a 7 and no higher.

chieftain20Oct 20, 2008 9:23 AM
Signature Here.
Oct 3, 2008 12:39 PM
Aug 2007
That was terrible, pretty much like the rest of the series. 7/10. Score is rather generous due to the fact that I really enjoyed some of the earlier episodes.
Oct 4, 2008 2:53 AM

Jun 2007
This was indeed MEH
6/10 :/
Oct 4, 2008 10:41 AM

Nov 2007
glad they kept the ending sort of like the manga at least. decent end overall but could of been better. too much bad filler episodes though, still some of the manga I'd like to of seen instead.
Oct 4, 2008 7:05 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Ending was meh.

Half of the all the episodes were crap, the other half was okay. There were only 2 or 3 episodes I really enjoyed. What I also liked were the OP and the Haruna ED. Overall music was pretty lame too so that makes this an average anime for me. 5/10

I kinda want to subtract another point for the bad Chihiro subs. '... in sickness or in health.', gotta be kidding me. Oh well, can't blame that on the anime heh.

wait, an ok would be a 5, but due to the fact that alot of the episodes didn't even reach the ok factor the score will go down to a 3.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2008 7:32 PM

May 2008
It's hard for me, because I did enjoy the first 6 episodes... a LOT actually, I would've given that part a 10/10 easily. Then the lame fillers that could have never filled anything ruined the rest, those fillers get a 3. How was the anime on average? Its really hard to say... If I were to judge it based on quality anime, I would give it a 4 or 5. But the enjoyment really is an important factor to me, so I ended up giving it a 7.
theeggman85Oct 11, 2008 9:14 PM
Oct 11, 2008 6:41 PM

Jul 2008
The fillers DID ruin it... At first there was a storyline but then all this ecchi appeared.... I mean clothes eating fish?!

Oct 11, 2008 9:14 PM

May 2008
lightychan said:
The fillers DID ruin it... At first there was a storyline but then all this ecchi appeared.... I mean clothes eating fish?!

yeah tehy totally did ruin it, i think my post was a bit misleading, so i edited it
Nov 2, 2008 5:06 PM

Apr 2008
Gave it an 8/10

I love the style of comedy and everything. What I'm disappointed is the harem ending.
Anyway, I love Yami-chan and Yui ^^ I'll add them to my favorites.l

Nov 9, 2008 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
Finally finished this cursed show, WS FTW. It had some fun moments but ultimately poor direction and awful fillers almost destroyed it. The second season will probably never come and I'm not sure I want it to. We'll never get a decision from Rito anyway, sort of like how School Rumble will never have a real ending. Bad, bad manga authors.

I'm still giving it 7/10, since it was lighthearted enough and didn't take itself seriously. Also, Tomatsu Haruka (Lala & Nagi) is easily worth 1 point.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» im so drunk

RuiMurasaki - May 2, 2023

18 by ToastWithNutella »»
Mar 16, 10:29 PM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Jun 13, 2008

77 by Weiwei_Wu »»
Feb 12, 11:48 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - May 3, 2008

72 by Dywei »»
Jan 30, 9:02 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

datsunvic - Apr 24, 2008

97 by Dywei »»
Jan 23, 12:17 AM

Poll: » To-LOVE-Ru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Darkreaper70 - Apr 17, 2008

81 by Dywei »»
Jan 11, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.