Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hyped for the next episode already.

Achiga spent every moment of the little time they had practicing and training for the semi finals first against Tsuruga and people from Kazekoshi, then against various players from elsewhere.

They later found out that Harue had turned down the offer to go pro, presumably partly for the sake of the girls.

Going to need to rewatch this at some point to take in all the details.
kuuderes_shadowJun 3, 2012 10:43 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 3, 2012 10:40 AM

Aug 2008
Me too, looking forward to Teru's domination.

But oh man, Achiga are so weak.
Jun 3, 2012 10:43 AM

Mar 2008
Its funny how all those services upload ep 8 as eng subbed while its some other lang, whats more they even reupload it to other hosting services lol!
Jun 3, 2012 11:06 AM

Feb 2008
They show more of the practice match than what they did in the manga, yeah Achiga keep getting beaten lol.

Looking forward to see match against Teru.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 3, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2010
Sakiverse's top is:

Above God-tier: Teru (awakened) / Saki (awakened)

God-tier: Koromo (awakened) / Touka (awakened)

Awesome-tier: Mihoko (with eye) / sleeping beauty from Eisui (awakened)
2e16nig.png
Jun 3, 2012 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
I don't like how they hid the conclusion of Kiyosumi's battle...I know Saki will most likely win, but Ritz could still pull a twist and this might be foreshadowing.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jun 3, 2012 11:56 AM

Sep 2009
My prediction: we'll probably see semi-finals in last 4 eps and have to wait for Saki-2 to see how Kiyosumi did in championship and how Achiga vs Kiyosumi final would be.
Jun 3, 2012 12:11 PM

May 2009
Is there the episode where it is not Spanish subbed, but English subbed?
Jun 3, 2012 12:22 PM

Nov 2007
Loved it! HAHA TIME FOR TERU! Also Achiga is not as weak as you people think, as far as normal non magical mahjong hax teams go, they are probably one of the strongest. Its just that Nagano has some really scary competition with Kazehoshi, Tsuruga, and Ryumonbuchi alone. This being the national semi-final should already say that they arent weak, its just that the top 4 teams right now are just SCARY strong.

ITS OVER, ACHIGA IS FINISHED!

Anyways the rape train is starting to move, can it be next sunday yet?
game8910Jun 3, 2012 12:27 PM
Jun 3, 2012 12:25 PM

Sep 2009
>Is there the episode where it is not Spanish subbed, but English subbed?

Rip by SleepSubs. Marked [CR] on TT
Jun 3, 2012 12:35 PM

Oct 2009
My OTP is finally on Air~!
SukoyanKouko. :3

Also, Kei not cosplaying... *sighs*

game8910 said:

Looks like it.

TERUTERUTERUTERUTERU.

Can't wait for Teru using her Teru's.

I'm ready.

Also, The extra scenes're majorly appreciated~!

Mihoko kicks ass:

Still... Mihoko using her eye. Hmm... Hopefully she won't be dependent on her ability like a certain person...

Ksa said:
Sakiverse's top is:

Above God-tier: Teru (awakened) / Saki (awakened)

God-tier: Koromo (awakened) / Touka (awakened)

Awesome-tier: Mihoko (with eye) / sleeping beauty from Eisui (awakened)

I think Cold Touka is more like above God Tier. Also, Jindai should be higher. She's the sole reason why Eisui could make it to finals, and got 3rd seed... = Eisui rank3?

Oh and they show us the quarter finals/Kiyosumi's side's senpous... :D
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jun 3, 2012 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
Does that mean that all these illegal sites are just ripping off crunchyroll?

They were about 40 mins late with the english sub this week, and for that time only had spanish sub/raw available. And now I'm hearing that all the illegal sites only have spanish subs... That's actually funny. Shows how big a fail they all are.

Come on guys... It's available on crunchyroll to everyone outside of Japan... So if you're going to watch the crunchyroll subs anyway you may as well watch it in the right place and support legal stuff rather than criminals right?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 3, 2012 12:39 PM

Oct 2009
Not everyone's got the access... CR's not available in my country at least.
Jun 3, 2012 12:41 PM

Jul 2009
Glad to see all the girls again.

Super Badass Tacos!!! beat them all!!!
bruh
Jun 3, 2012 12:44 PM

Jul 2010
Nice to see all the cameos from the previous Saki in this episode. Plenty of "Wahaha".

Look out next episode, Teru looks to dominate.
Jun 3, 2012 12:57 PM

Oct 2009
For those who's downloading troll (?) Spanish sub, English .ass files' out https://animetosho.org/view/sleepsub-saki-achiga-hen-episode-side-08-eng-ass.533962
Jun 3, 2012 2:01 PM

Feb 2008
You aren't allowed to put a download link.

Achiga is like hard working team. :D

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jun 3, 2012 2:10 PM
Mar 2012
fulminicolibri said:

agreed...;O only crunchyroll i think lol
Jun 3, 2012 2:20 PM

May 2012
wow
looking forward to the match
best achiga can do is to get second place i think...

well, we' ll see
beep
Jun 3, 2012 2:37 PM

May 2009
theanimelover26 said:
fulminicolibri said:

agreed...;O only crunchyroll i think lol

Thank you. :)
Jun 3, 2012 2:52 PM

Jan 2012
The training matches were enjoyable. However looking forward to the real deal. Can't wait for next episode.

Jun 3, 2012 3:00 PM
May 2009
Can't find subs and can't use crunchy roll

nvm found one

can't wait for the next episode, hopefully they will have some intense mahjong going on
AquaHazeJun 3, 2012 3:38 PM
Jun 3, 2012 3:35 PM
Mar 2012
pretty sure Kiyosumi won...even though they made it pretty ambiguous
Jun 3, 2012 3:40 PM

May 2011
Is it me or did anyone else hear Kuroko's voice before the end of it?
Jun 3, 2012 4:28 PM

Sep 2010
Oohoshi_Awai said:

I think Cold Touka is more like above God Tier. Also, Jindai should be higher. She's the sole reason why Eisui could make it to finals, and got 3rd seed... = Eisui rank3?

Actually Iwato Kasumi is pretty good too, when she uses her hax ability.

Damn with that short shot, I wanted to see more about Kiyosumi's side, can't wait for it to be animated, maybe in some years...
Jun 3, 2012 5:03 PM

Jul 2008
Oohoshi_Awai said:

I beg to differ.
I mean we all knows that Cold Touka managed to beat Saki and Koromo but that was because they weren't at full power.
Hajime said herself that she was sometime forced to recognise Touka as Koromo's cousin when she entered cold mode but she's much more scared of Koromo's skills than Touka's.

Koromo is a very average player if she doesn't play at night and is even stronger if there's a full moon.
If Koromo would play Cold Touka in her strongest condition she would beat her, that is pretty much recognised by everyone in Ryuumonbuchi... everyone that both saw what Touka could do in her cold mode and what Koromo could do on a full moon evening.
The reason why Touka was suporting her whole team at the national last year is because all the other Ryuumonbuchi's player, while being good, aren't nationnal level players. As you can see the semi-final are in the middle of the day, the moment where Koromo is basically useless.

Now Saki trashed, destroyed, controlled and beated the crap out of Koromo while she was at full power. Saki shine in extreme condition and she doesn't debilitary show her power for fun but the moment she get serious she's clearly above anything we've seen so far, except Teru.

I loled when the Achiga girl said that Shiraitodai is strong... if they think that Shiraitodai is only "strong" they are in a world of hurt.

7 days before watching 3 puppy taking on the kraken.
Jun 3, 2012 5:50 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Ho, there's a word I haven't seen used in a while - stirs up some interesting imagery in my mind's eye 8^)
Jun 3, 2012 6:06 PM
Apr 2011
Oh shii, it's Teru, GG Achiga.
Jun 3, 2012 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
Cratex said:
Maddo_scientisto said:
Ho, there's a word I haven't seen used in a while - stirs up some interesting imagery in my mind's eye 8^)

Still it couldn't be more exact =D.
Jun 3, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
Teru's BGM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUAU7r9akfs

You know it's true, lol.

Maddo_scientisto said:

Koromo is a very average player if she doesn't play at night and is even stronger if there's a full moon.
If Koromo would play Cold Touka in her strongest condition she would beat her, that is pretty much recognised by everyone in Ryuumonbuchi... everyone that both saw what Touka could do in her cold mode and what Koromo could do on a full moon evening.
The reason why Touka was suporting her whole team at the national last year is because all the other Ryuumonbuchi's player, while being good, aren't nationnal level players. As you can see the semi-final are in the middle of the day, the moment where Koromo is basically useless.

Now Saki trashed, destroyed, controlled and beated the crap out of Koromo while she was at full power. Saki shine in extreme condition and she doesn't debilitary show her power for fun but the moment she get serious she's clearly above anything we've seen so far, except Teru.

I loled when the Achiga girl said that Shiraitodai is strong... if they think that Shiraitodai is only "strong" they are in a world of hurt.

This. Koromo still manages to make Haitei, but of course, not full power when it's not at full moon. But still, apparently she still manages to create Iishanten Hell, just like Fujita Pro stated something about people complaining when fighting Koromo last year.
And she almost become MVP, by getting big hands. And we can all safely assume that the matches reach the night, or there is no full moon - since Yumi noted that Koromo goes for big hands, not Haitei on the Nationals.

It's still no excuse, though.
The score is so steep, and I think Saki didn't wear her sock.
And there is Fujita.
But then again, you can assume that it's because it's just training and no need to get all mahjong hacks....

And Cold Touka's power 'Perfect Flow/Flood Control' - I guess it will be similar to Nelly, but we all shall see... And the Kanji is Kurokami (This is where Kuro got her name btw) - dragon goddess - The Ryuu power from Ryuumonbuchi.

Lol@ Kraken reference.
Oohoshi_AwaiJun 3, 2012 6:49 PM
Jun 3, 2012 6:50 PM

Jul 2008
Oohoshi_Awai said:
Teru's BGM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUAU7r9akfs

You know it's true, lol.

Maddo_scientisto said:

This. Koromo still manages to make Haitei, but of course, not full power when it's not at full moon. But still, apparently she still manages to create Iishanten Hell, just like Fujita Pro stated something about people complaining when fighting Koromo last year.
And she almost become MVP, by getting big hands. And we can all safely assume that the matches reach the night, or there is no full moon - since Yumi noted that Koromo goes for big hands, not Haitei on the Nationals.

And we don't know whether it's still night or not, because of the time in few pages before showing it's still night. I doubt Touka could go on her Cold Toka mode all day.

It's still no excuse, though.
The score is so steep, and I think Saki didn't wear her sock.
And there is Fujita.
But then again, you can assume that it's because it's just training and no need to get all mahjong hacks....

And Cold Touka's power 'Perfect Flow/Flood Control' - I guess it will be similar to Nelly, but we all shall see... And the Kanji is Kurokami (This is where Kuro got her name btw) - dragon goddess - The Ryuu power from Ryuumonbuchi.

Lol@ Kraken reference.

I actually recall the opposite.
I'm pretty much sure the commentators in the premilinaries final said that Koromo's "luck" is incredible but that sadly last year she didn't demonstrated any of it during the national.
Jun 3, 2012 7:19 PM

Jan 2011
aw man can't wait for next week

But at the end i was like

: yay Kuro you got this!!

: sees her matchups

;_; i don't think you got this..
Jun 3, 2012 7:21 PM

Apr 2010
Loved the episode for Tsuruga ans Kazekoshi. If I could, I would make Mihoko my waifu, but she belongs to Hisa, haha. And the it's the Wahaha!Van. Yes. That was win.

Dammit, I wanna to watch the match on Kiyosumi's side!!!

Teru time is coming next week.
game8910 said:
I'm hopping on, bought a ticket and everything. All to see the demon thrash and obliterate the other teams. Who else wants to see Achiga suffer a little? :)
I guess I now I don't have to wait as long to see the conclusion of Achiga's side. Waiting for the anime come out weekly is faster than waiting for the manga.

Rand0mless's PokePet

Kuro the level 76 Umbreon!
Jun 3, 2012 8:22 PM

May 2008
I hope Achiga doesnt win . I realy hate it when a team get so mch better with so little practice . Either way things look interesting , NEXT EPISODE NOW !

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 3, 2012 9:28 PM

May 2010
Nice to see alot of the charactor from the 1st show, poor Achiga Girls Academy they where getting beasted on, but cant wait to see how they lvl up.
Jun 3, 2012 9:28 PM

Jan 2009
The rape is coming and it's going to be glorious.
Man it was hard to see Kuro so happy going to the match hall...
Jun 3, 2012 10:05 PM

Aug 2010
The competition just seems like they are too much for Achiga. That's too bad because I actually like Achiga's girls more so than the original cast from Kiyosumi.
Jun 3, 2012 11:00 PM
Oct 2009
i dont like Achiga girls .
i want that TERU destroy in the next episode
Jun 4, 2012 12:46 AM

Dec 2011
How can anyone NOT like Matsumi Yuu?

Plus about Shiraitodai - yes, we know that Teru is ridiculously strong (which has been hinted at since her very first mention) and every indication suggests that Awai is strong too, but we don't know for sure yet about the other three. While they are very unlikely to be pushovers, they may well be beatable - especially as I don't recall hearing of Shiraitodai ever ending the match early, which one would expect if a team lead by Teru consisted entirely of monsters. Even their prelim finals where it is known that they had to play all the way through to the end, despite being in a notoriously weak prefecture. On the other hand there's probably at least one hidden monster amongst them too.
Jun 4, 2012 12:50 AM

Apr 2008
NO SPOILERS

also yuu es #1

Jun 4, 2012 2:28 AM

Aug 2010
Oh wow...poor girls. Achiga is so ridiculously underpowered that this isn't even funny anymore. If even one of them can win a single hand, that will be a miracle itself. And they are up against Teru right from the start...Hope they start with enough points to not bleed out at the first match.

Dat YumixMomo scene, well adapted. Arai "ONEE-SAMA" Satomi in my Saki? This be glorious! Board the rape train for the next episode I guess 4/5.
Jun 4, 2012 3:33 AM

Oct 2011
awwww Momo and Mihoko
that what makes this episode enjoyable

I don't care about the rest, even Teru or Saki (well I don't care about Teru in the first place so I don't get that hype here)... as long as those two have some screentime

as for tactics - quickly allowing Kaori to join Achiga and put her in front of Nodoka
idiot play style vs analysing game --> and Achiga would tear her to pieces :P
Jun 4, 2012 3:49 AM

May 2011
Finally a good episode which brought back all the feelings i had when i watched saki last time. This is truly a good episode, prolly the best so far, and the next episode will definitely be better with teru's rape train going on.

It's nice to see all the old cast coming along, particularly the wahaha van and also yumixmomo. I was hoping they'd show more of the practice matches and i'm glad that they showed us a glimpse of tacoyuki on the senpuu match. I guess they are trying to keep the saki matches aside so that they could produce a season 2 later on?

We're moving on to the final 4 episodes already i think it's probably going to end after the semi final match, since they would probably want to reserve the final for another season of saki..Which means we get to see teru rape train for at least 2 episodes? That'd be awesome :D

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 4, 2012 4:27 AM

Oct 2011
Next week, Kuro gets abused to death.
Jun 4, 2012 4:41 AM
May 2009
Well I don't think Achiga is as underpowered as most people think, other than Kuro's match they were pretty even with Senriyama
Jun 4, 2012 5:16 AM

Dec 2011
SilveRR said:
Well I don't think Achiga is as underpowered as most people think, other than Kuro's match they were pretty even with Senriyama

Indeed. Senriyama is a team that's very much used to establishing a good lead from their first player, which would then take a bit of pressure off the rest of the team. If they are unable to at least get a big gap over third then they would be under serious risk of getting knocked out. Their players just aren't used to the pressure and stress of fighting for survival.
Jun 4, 2012 5:47 AM

Mar 2012
It becomes increasingly obvious that Achiga will advance to the finals. Losing after that many practices and that emotional scene where they all want to win is just too stupid. Achiga isn't that underpowered, even players from Himematsu would have trouble if they're pitted up against Momo and Mihoko. Achiga is probably one of the most strongest normal teams, with Himematsu being the strongest.

I think so, too. Senriyama's players aren't used to it.

I don't get how Senriyama is ranked second in Japan, They aren't really crazily strong either, Toki is the only one with abilites. Even their last year's Ace, Sera doesn't have any abilities. She's just going straight for high-scoring hands. Other Senriyama's players are all analyzers. I'm not sure about Ryuuka but I don't think she has abilities that has to do with her name; dragons Daisangen. Isn't that Toki's old abilities?

Achiga can survive this. I don't want them to lose in the semifinals after all that build-ups.

Anyways, I think this is the best Achiga episode; but of course next week episode will overshadow this one by leaps and bounds with Teru's overwhelming gameplay. Bring it on! ;D
NakocchiJun 4, 2012 6:17 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 6:16 AM

Dec 2011
I always just pretend that Senriyama are 4th. After all it makes more sense for 1st and 4th to meet in the semis than 1st and 2nd.
*warning: spoiler from original Saki manga beyond what is shown in the anime*

In fact I'd probably put Senriyama about on a par with Tsuruga now that I actually think about it.
Jun 4, 2012 6:29 AM

Mar 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
I always just pretend that Senriyama are 4th. After all it makes more sense for 1st and 4th to meet in the semis than 1st and 2nd.

In fact I'd probably put Senriyama about on a par with Tsuruga now that I actually think about it.

I agree. Besides, Momo and Toki are the only with abilities in their respective team, though it'd more appropriate to say that Senriyama is slightly stronger than the latter since Senriyama's players tend to observe their opponents more. If only Senriyama has Arakawa Kei and the Atago sisters on their team ;_;

Vanguard - Toki
Sergeant - Atago Kinue
Leutenant - Sera
Vice Captain - Atago Hiroe
Captain - Arakawa Kei

What a frightening combinaton of normal exceptional players; putting Toki aside, that is. Now this is what I call a second-ranked team in the country ^-^
NakocchiJun 4, 2012 6:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Jun 4, 2012 7:58 AM
Jun 2010
kuuderes_shadow said:

Didn't they say that they were 2nd in the country, but seeded 4th in the tournament?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 17, 2012

95 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 1:45 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 10, 2012

70 by Serafos »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.