Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2012 9:58 AM

Dec 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Teru wiping the floor with everyone.

Toki going all out in a desperate attempt to put a stop to the winning streak.

What were Kiyosumi looking at at the end I wonder.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 17, 2012 10:11 AM

Aug 2008
They are being slaughtered. Nothing can save them.

Kiyosumi were in the Yoyogi station? I usually go for Yakiniku there.
Jun 17, 2012 10:41 AM

Aug 2010
It's all about Toki versus Teru. I like the Achiga girls more than the main girls so it kind of sucks that they get relegated to side character status.
Jun 17, 2012 11:15 AM
Jun 2009
I miss the part of the anime when the main characters were main characters.
Jun 17, 2012 11:33 AM

Nov 2007
Welp, the entire episode was Teru dominating all three of them without them able to stop her.

I want Kirame's backstory nao!!

Jun 17, 2012 11:48 AM

Apr 2010
The anime is almost at the same point as the manga now meaning things will get interesting more interesting from this point onwards.
In the manga Toki mentioned Saki being a relative of Teru while here she mentioned she had the same name is Teru but not in a way that would suggest them being relatives.
I wonder what the makers of the Anime are trying to achieve that way.

Poor Kuro doesn't she doesn't see that light at the end of the tunnel anymore i hope she will overcome it at some point and that she can get a win this match.
It's just sad to look at her for the moment.
Toki is taking her powers to far and i think she is relying on them to much here maybe she would perform better if she didn't rely on it so much.
Jun 17, 2012 12:00 PM

Dec 2011
is how crunchyroll translated it. My Japanese isn't good enough to know how accurate that is though.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jun 17, 2012 12:03 PM

Aug 2010
Aversa said:
The anime is almost at the same point as the manga now meaning things will get interesting more interesting from this point onwards.
In the manga Toki mentioned Saki being a relative of Teru while here she mentioned she had the same name is Teru but not in a way that would suggest them being relatives.
I wonder what the makers of the Anime are trying to achieve that way.

Poor Kuro doesn't she doesn't see that light at the end of the tunnel anymore i hope she will overcome it at some point and that she can get a win this match.
It's just sad to look at her for the moment.
Toki is taking her powers to far and i think she is relying on them to much here maybe she would perform better if she didn't rely on it so much.

It's too late now, Toki isn't a great player without her foresight.
Jun 17, 2012 12:19 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I'm surprised there isn't any blood splattered about.
Jun 17, 2012 12:33 PM

Oct 2011
EvilSniperTom said:

This.
Plus Teru is... uncharacter to be honest so it's boring to watch her (yes she will win, eat everyones souls and hearts so why bother :P

Still Kirame's voice still makes it good XD
Dalek-bakaJun 17, 2012 12:37 PM
Jun 17, 2012 12:36 PM

Nov 2007
This whole episode in a nutshell
Jun 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Jul 2010
Brutal, just brutal.
Jun 17, 2012 1:15 PM

Jan 2009
This chapter was terrible, the main characters barely feels like characters at all.
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Jun 17, 2012 1:25 PM

Dec 2007
It's hilarious how few people in this thread have likely seen the first series.

Achiga-hen's entire purpose is to hype Shiraitodai because they will be the final boss for Kiyosumi. The Achiga girls are just cannon fodder.
Jun 17, 2012 1:28 PM

Oct 2009
EvilSniperTom said:

LOL.

This is the reason why Toki's so popular (both in Japan and Outside). :P

Next episode: The Rape Train Continues.
Join ★☆Shiraitodai Fan Club☆★ for Mahjong World Domination!!
Jun 17, 2012 1:37 PM

Jul 2009
>_< where are rinshan kaihou? Want to see B side *-*

for me it juste the same as episode 15 to 18 of the 1st season where koromo rape every body
bruh
Jun 17, 2012 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
Episode 1-8 were mostly Achiga-focused thenwe get 2 episode with secondary character development and now people whine that Achiga isn't getting enough time?

The Achiga girls aren't interesting, that's why you all didn't think much of all these episode featuring them, personnaly I couldn't wait for them to disapear from my screen.
Their design are bland, their personalities are extremely one sided, their goal is weak... They seriously lack an appeal that most of the other teams have, even the secondhand team are more interesting than them.

A bland team of idiotic moe bishoujo, that's what Achiga is...
Jun 17, 2012 2:06 PM

Jun 2008
kei78 said:
>_< where are rinshan kaihou? Want to see B side *-*

for me it juste the same as episode 15 to 18 of the 1st season where koromo rape every body

That's just the style of this series. Expect amazing things next two eps and maybe just enough time for more fanservice during the latter part of last.
Jun 17, 2012 3:06 PM

May 2011
Damn, Teru is so overwhelming there!

Looks like Toki going to use 'double' technique
Jun 17, 2012 3:29 PM

Oct 2010
wow this is even more over the top than the original saki , but i really like it - also i dont really mind the side characters getting alot of the screentime , i liked a few side chars more than the main chars in saki and its the same in episode A - however , the difference is in the original Saki both the main and the side characters got a lot "spotlights" , while here we barely saw how some of the main chars are playing ( the bowling girl's turn was pathetic short ) , thats kinda stupid imo but overall its still hella entertaining

teru so badass! :3

but Kazekoshi Captain Mihoko Fukuji > all ^_^
Jun 17, 2012 4:28 PM

Jul 2007
Holy fuck, deal a dora. Why are you such a bad mahjong player, Kuro.
Jun 17, 2012 4:45 PM

Jul 2008
Scud said:

Kuro's ability make her attract dora but if she somehow discard a dora then she won't get any single dora for a few games.
This mean:
1- Making a good hand without dora is that much harder
2- If she doesn't get the dora, someone else will get them. Even though it's not looking this way at all, she is actually putting Teru on a leash since Teru has to makes her hands without (or with barely) any doras. If Teru could use dora then there would be no stopping her.
3- Kuro (and lot of ability user) are good occult player but very average digital player. If Kuro doesn't use her ability to the fullest she won't be able to do much against nationnal player.
Jun 17, 2012 4:56 PM
Mar 2011
i like how the last second scenes transitions quite nicely to the ED.

2 more episodes? and theyve only showed player 1 of the 5.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 17, 2012 4:56 PM

May 2012
I marathon'd the original Saki a couple weeks ago. I'd started watching Achiga-hen prior to that and that's why I'm more attached to the Achiga girls and I'm disappointed they're utterly powerless and the focus isn't even on them anymore =/

Well actually I understand the stage is set for Teru.... but what's with all the Achiga hate over here? >_>
Jun 17, 2012 5:00 PM
May 2009
Poor Kuro, seems to be taking this pretty bad, hope she can turn it around
Jun 17, 2012 5:09 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
2- If she doesn't get the dora, someone else will get them. Even though it's not looking this way at all, she is actually putting Teru on a leash since Teru has to makes her hands without (or with barely) any doras. If Teru could use dora then there would be no stopping her.
I was thinking the same thing, but watching Kuro fight back tears, somehow I don't think knowing that will make her feel any better.
Jun 17, 2012 5:44 PM

Aug 2011
Teru is a beast. Totally different league to the rest of them. 100,000 point lead, come on now!

I'm eager to see how Toki's double foresight turns out. This show has great cliffhangers.
Jun 17, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2008
Dako said:
Teru is a beast. Totally different league to the rest of them. 100,000 point lead, come on now!

I'm eager to see how Toki's double foresight turns out. This show has great cliffhangers.

Slight spoiler if you are interested about the score:

Jun 17, 2012 6:34 PM

Oct 2009
Maddo_scientisto said:
Scud said:

Kuro's ability make her attract dora but if she somehow discard a dora then she won't get any single dora for a few games.
This mean:
1- Making a good hand without dora is that much harder
3- Kuro (and lot of ability user) are good occult player but very average digital player.

But Teru manages to make good hands without dora, but then again, comparing to the two would be rather harsh. Yeah, imagine if Kuro dropped the dora... that would be disastrous.
If she did discard it and not going to get doras anytime, she might do decent, just not waiting for around the dora.
But with Teru on the same table, stuffing all the doras is useful... (unless that last hand).
Is Kuro discarding that 9pin because she thinks it's safe? I mean, there's no pin tiles on Teru's pond, right? And discarding it because there's terminal tiles on Teru's pond is just... Unless she thinks Teru is aiming for tanyao... Which is likely considering the dropped terminal tiles.... or so Kuro thinks.

Also, the 3 pin.
Toki foresight Kuro will get ronned.
She knows Teru's hands, and she has one of 3 pin. Kuro got 2 3 pin, so is Teru.
And 3 pin is one of Teru's 4 sided wait, right?
3 pin, 6 pin, 8 pin, 9 pin.
Because of precognition Toki didn't deals 3 pin and choose to drop a... chun...
And since Teru didn't take win if the value is lower, so other wait is fine, except the 9 pin. :O She's aiming for iitsu (2 han), instead just riichi.
And one of 9 pin is dropped before Teru Kan, so her kan made the iishanten into tenpai?
Oh and the comment about the 3 pin - it's rather surprising, cos there's not any in manga.
But then again, Teru could always self draw the 9 pin, granting her a dealer mangan. XD

and at the 3rd points, the ability user that would win over (careless) digital players - there's a lot, especially those with yakuman making power.

Faiyez said:

Well actually I understand the stage is set for Teru.... but what's with all the Achiga hate over here? >_>

Hmm, probably because they're rather... vanilla than the team that has been introduced? Outshined by Senriyama, and probably Shindouji next... And Shiraitodai will get all the hype when their players play.
But probably it's just because most people likes RyuuToki, thus Senriyama>Achiga in terms of character.

Oh and Toki - faints seeing Ryuuka's thighs, wakes up seeing Ryuuka's face (in manga it's her boobs), but probably she saw her boobs but the anime just make us thinks that Toki looks at Ryuuka's face? - and to make sure she's not dreaming, she fondle Ryuuka's breast.

Totally not expecting it, but I'm totally fine with that.

Oh but the manga is better at making us thinking that Teru will make a rinshan kaihou rather than anime. :(
Jun 17, 2012 6:36 PM

Dec 2007
amginex said:

5 more episodes.
Jun 17, 2012 6:53 PM

Jul 2008
Faiyez said:

Maddo_scientisto said:

Their design are bland, their personalities are extremely one sided, their goal is weak... They seriously lack an appeal that most of the other teams have, even the secondhand team are more interesting than them.

A bland team of idiotic moe bishoujo, that's what Achiga is...

About this.
Jun 17, 2012 7:10 PM

Jul 2008
Meddigo said:
amginex said:

5 more episodes.

It'll takes 2 episode to finish the vanguard match which is probably where the anime planned to stop at first.

Ep11:

Ep12:

Jun 17, 2012 7:17 PM

May 2008
Looks like Kuro isnt going to be able to do anything next episode as well. with so little episodes left i feel they would end after the anime after this match which kinda sucks cause i wanna see what the other members will be able to do .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jun 17, 2012 7:56 PM

Jan 2011
My poor Kuro she almost looked like she was ready to die more then once :( not a single hand yet!,btw this is only 12 episode?? i feel as though we'll only see the end of the first match of the semi before this is over.
Jun 17, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2010
Dat fondle, I'm ok with more Ryuuka x Toki!

Was the last scene original? I don't remember it.
I'm waiting for Kuro's Kazoe Yakuman but probably it won't ever happen.
Jun 17, 2012 8:03 PM
May 2009
katsu044 said:
My poor Kuro she almost looked like she was ready to die more then once :( not a single hand yet!,btw this is only 12 episode?? i feel as though we'll only see the end of the first match of the semi before this is over.

It was extended to 15
Jun 17, 2012 8:17 PM

Jul 2008
katsu044 said:

This will be 15 episodes, 3 extra episode were announced.

HacheKa said:

Kuro's Kazoe Yakuman actually have a very great chance of happening imo.
Jun 17, 2012 9:00 PM

Oct 2009
HacheKa said:

Which last scene?

If it's the kiyosumi one, maybe. ... It's supposedly be Kiyosumi's free day,, and...

LOL Nodoka doesn't watch her friend's match. Or at least Kuro's match. XD

Well, you can always keeps your finger crossed and hope for the best...

Next ep: Double Accel Time!
Oohoshi_AwaiJun 17, 2012 9:17 PM
Jun 17, 2012 9:10 PM

May 2010
Nodoka!

the way they tied the dream into the originals series was nice to see felt it gave some depth,

Yet again Kuro is losing *Faceplam* do something Sigh
Jun 17, 2012 9:13 PM

Jul 2008
game8910 said:
This whole episode in a nutshell

This picture is worth being quoted on every single page of this thread... so here I start.
Jun 17, 2012 10:04 PM
Oct 2007
Shouldn't be suprised that Achiga is getting pwned. They couldn't even come close to Kuromo, Captain, Stealth Momo or anyone else, and Teru is stronger then all of them, except maybe her sister. Didn't they anounce there was going to be 3 additional episodes after ep 12?
Jun 17, 2012 10:06 PM

Jan 2009
You know, I'll just quote myself from last week:
NghtmrSrph said:
Teru can't be stopped, the rape will continue.

Nothing much has changed since then. Teru is just too good.
Jun 17, 2012 10:10 PM

Oct 2011
DOUBLE ACCEL!
Either way, Achiga's exiting the stage here... Sad for them.
Kuro's mahjong style: Terribly flawed and easily beatable. Same with her sister.
Jun 17, 2012 10:19 PM

Jun 2008
How To Know You Are Not In A Dream:

Grab a girl's boob.
Jun 17, 2012 10:26 PM

Jul 2008
Redfoxoffire said:
How To Know You Are Not In A Dream:

Grab a girl's boob.

Note that if you are a guy you must be prepared for what is to come next if that's not a dream.
Jun 17, 2012 10:34 PM

Jun 2007
It feels like I am watching Senriyama-hen instead of Achiga-hen.. It's really pain looking at Kuro..
Jun 17, 2012 10:37 PM

Dec 2011
Meddigo said:
It's hilarious how few people in this thread have likely seen the first series.

I don't know about hilarious but it's certainly amusing how every single poster above this one have the first series on their completed list.
Jun 17, 2012 10:38 PM
Apr 2011
Toki's eye balls gonna pop out after seeing 2 turns ahead.
Jun 17, 2012 10:41 PM

Dec 2011
I hope Toki manages okay. Wonder what would happen if she passed out in the middle of the match.
Jun 17, 2012 10:59 PM

Dec 2011
Teru just DESTROYED them. It was actually kind of hard to watch. I hope Toki starts putting up a fight, so this is anything like sporting.

More impressions (& plenty of screenshots) about this episode here: http://randomc.net/2012/06/17/saki-achiga-hen-episode-side-a-10/
Stilts
Writer
http://randomc.net/
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Does anyone know this character from Saki Achiga-hen ?

lunalee1294 - Apr 9

0 by lunalee1294 »»
Apr 9, 12:41 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jul 1, 2012

115 by Destroyer31 »»
May 13, 2023 12:57 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 3, 2012

99 by 0ni_Link »»
Apr 6, 2022 7:59 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

zimno - Jun 24, 2012

137 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2021 2:40 AM

Poll: » Saki: Achiga-hen - Episode of Side-A Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kuuderes_shadow - Jun 10, 2012

70 by Serafos »»
Aug 29, 2021 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.