Forum Settings
Forums

Do you workout, exercise or even playing sports? and why are you doing this?

New
May 17, 2012 11:46 PM

Dec 2011
I do not play any sports because I am not that athletic I just do workout and exercise.I stopped working out last year because I don't have a lot of time but then I decided to start all over again three months ago. I do workout in my house not in the gym because I don't have enough money I usually do workout every other day because muscle needs to rest and my time to watch anime.

I decided to workout because all I do in my life is to watch anime and not going out sometimes with my friends and I was weak and quickly hit by disease

So how about you? do you workout,exercise or even playing sports.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 17, 2012 11:51 PM

Nov 2011
I used to play sports in high school, but when I graduated I literally just stopped all physical exercise for a year. Lately, I've finally been working out again, and been running at the track that's literally right across the street from me. Why am I doing it? I don't want to get fat, stay healthy, and have a decent body so I can carry my victi---- I mean girlfriends with ease.... :D
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 18, 2012 12:30 AM

Apr 2012
I used to play tennis in high school. I only play now if my friends ask me to when we hang out or something, but that's about it :)

May 18, 2012 4:33 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a pretty skinny guy, but like REALLY skinny. But I am tall as well, so I used to play basketball. I played and workedout for 2 years while keeping a planned diet... I didn't gain a pound. Since then I've been pretty much a couch potato, still skinny as well xD
May 18, 2012 4:49 AM

Dec 2011
so i won't feel guilty every time i eat too much
May 18, 2012 5:31 AM

Jun 2010
I used to play soccer, I but then I took an arrow to the knee. So now I just do workout.
May 18, 2012 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
I've been jogging every day, but not working out though I really need to start. I think I gained 25 pounds in the last four years since I stopped swimming O_O. I'm still not fat, but I must resist the cake..
May 18, 2012 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
I get tired walking up small hills. I am so ridiculously out of shape it's hilarious.
But exercising just sounds like too much work.

How I am not fat is a miracle.
May 18, 2012 6:05 AM

Jan 2012
I train thai boxing five times, go to the gym three times and do jogging/power walking/biking almost every day.
Yes, in a average week.

Why, you ask?
I'm simply addicted to it. Get easily depressed or suffer from headaches if I go without exercise for too long.
GuZMay 18, 2012 6:13 AM
May 18, 2012 6:22 AM

Jun 2009
I play badminton representing my region. I do so because I love joy the game bring me.

Funny thing is, even though I excitedly anticipates every training session, I usually find myself thinking "Oh god this is not worth it" every single training session... and the loop repeats
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2012 6:26 AM

Feb 2008
I totally detest any kind of sport. So, nothing on that front.

I started running few weeks ago, so I do that now. When I get a bit more free time (when this semester is done), I will most probably start going to the gym.
May 18, 2012 6:30 AM

Dec 2007
Nope. No exercise, no sports or anything. Exercise in general I dislike but sports I'm fine with. If someone asked me if I wanted to go play tennis, football or any other sport I wouldn't decline.

I eat and eat and don't get fat so no need for exercise.
May 18, 2012 6:51 AM

Nov 2008
i was national team for synchro + rowing up until uni. know i just keep gymming + etc. ill pick up those, tennis, tabletennis, during holz or whenever i can.
sports/exercise is how i manage my anger and bad habits.
May 18, 2012 7:00 AM
May 2009
i used to play alot of sports (baseball and hockey especially) but then i blew my knees out. im the type that would get hurt, put some ice on it for a half hour and go right back out there....that just added up over time and its difficult for me to really do anything like sports anymore.
May 18, 2012 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
When I used to run track, I had a regimen called "a marathon a week." I'd run 26.2 miles a week, divided up however the hell I felt like each week.

I run a lot less now...but I have to say, runner's highs feel pretty good.

Day2Dream said:

I had to check your age when I read this -- and seeing it, I have to say you're quite lucky ^_^

AirStyles said:
I play badminton representing my region. I do so because I love joy the game bring me.

I play badminton for fun during summer (strictly for fun), and have to say it is such an enjoyable sport. I also love citing the fact that the fastest shuttle smashes are faster than the fastest tennis serves to tennis players.
May 18, 2012 7:25 AM

Apr 2012
I used to work out while reading on my laptop (with You are your own gym), but quitted because of uni, but seeing this thread, I just resumed it while watching anime (namely Desert Punk). Feels great.
May 18, 2012 7:44 AM

Mar 2012
There are so many reasons to exercise; fun, health benefits, appearance benefits, friends, sense of community, the challenge, etc. It's just good stuff in pretty much every way.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
May 18, 2012 7:52 AM

Jan 2011
Haven't done any sports in 2 years but I do work out. I do it so that my muscles don't atrophy and I don't get fat, why don't I want to get fat? Because it's unhealthy and ugly.
May 18, 2012 7:57 AM

Nov 2011
I jog almost every day because its fun and healthy XD.. I don't play sports though.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 18, 2012 8:22 AM

Apr 2008
I've played sports since I was around five years old and all throughout high school (soccer and softball) but after I graduated I stopped playing. I have a personal trainer that I go to three days a week and when I don't go to him I have a YMCA membership. I've been trying to lose weight for the past couple of years and so far I have lost 40 pounds. I'm not huge but I'm not skinny either lol but hey I'm trying.
SevenMay 18, 2012 8:37 AM
May 18, 2012 8:24 AM

Dec 2010
I'm working out to get bigger. I want to get bigger for two reasons: look big for myself and look big for my girlfriend.

I love playing sports but...I'm never going to get good at any one sport because I never practise a lot. I just jump between sports and have fun.

:3.

@Abbyrose - I'm pretty sure you're not as big as you say you are. Girl standards can be pretty harsh!

May 18, 2012 8:27 AM

Dec 2008
I never played any sports other than in Physical Education classes back when I was still in school. As for working out, I've been doing that since last year's October at a gym that has opened recently on my street. Why? Because not only exercise is god for you but I'm also skinny and need to get stronger.
May 18, 2012 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
I always play sports after school like basketball, football, etc.
the reasons i do it is clear to be healthy
sport is not bad, I used to spend it with friends when I'm tired of watching anime
it's fun to play, compete together, and training to be a strong :)

there was no point in me watching anime when sick

May 18, 2012 8:44 AM

Aug 2008
I work out at the university gym, but not so much anymore due to both school and work. Once I graduate, I will stop exercising all together (the gym is only for students). Kind of a shame, because I do enjoy a nice workout every now and then.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 18, 2012 8:54 AM

Feb 2010
Taking a ~1hour walk every day with my dog and staying off of public transport unless it's a must or I'm late, tho sometimes can go by bike.
No gym, no sports. I don't find any need for them.
LUL
May 18, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2012
I started jogging in the end of last year, but I plan to start working out soon xD
Why? It's simple, I don't wanna get fat and I wanna take care of my health, since I don't eat much healthy food.
May 18, 2012 9:02 AM
Jul 2011
Lol no. I have quite a high metabolism so I can eat and sleep and never get fat.
I like bubble teaaa~ Bubble tea for meee~
I'll have it for breakfast, I'll have it for tea, a little each day is a good recipee~
May 18, 2012 9:14 AM

Dec 2007
Hakuromatsu said:
Day2Dream said:

I had to check your age when I read this -- and seeing it, I have to say you're quite lucky ^_^

My friends and family keep telling me I should exercise cause I'll get fat after 30. I made a bet with them that it won't happen. xD
May 18, 2012 9:20 AM

Jun 2010
GuZ said:
Get easily depressed or suffer from headaches if I go without exercise for too long.

And here I thought I was the only one.
May 18, 2012 9:21 AM

Dec 2008
These days I don't have much time, but I do workout every other day if I can. I find that if academic work is stressing me out way too much, a run often makes me feel calmer and I come back feeling more focused. Working out and running are of course healthy, but for me its the discipline and calming effect that appeal to me.
May 18, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2012
I was born with a bone condition... so I never did much physical activity or sports. As a result, I'm not particularly overweight, but extremely weak. It's worst in the hips and knees area, so I've never been able to run.

I got into fitness last year and I did very well, I became almost as strong as an average man! Hahaha... well later on I damaged my knee in an accident (not fitness related) and I just became so unmotivated, my diet went completely out of the window. Rehab therapy is almost done for my knee and I hope to motivate myself to get back into things again!
May 18, 2012 9:28 AM

Mar 2012
I run daily and workout every night. I don't lift much anymore since i don't have weights at my house so i focus on body weight workouts and tension cord stuff. The reason why i work out is just for the pride of having a nice body.
LordAkbarMay 18, 2012 9:48 AM
May 18, 2012 9:29 AM

Dec 2010
I'm not sure I understand the answers who say they don't play sports because they don't gain weight otherwise. Sure it's healthy to play sports, but isn't that beside the point when compared to whether you find it fun?

I've played lots of sports (football, hockey, basketball, squash, athletics and lacrosse mostly, but that's supplemented by others) in my lifetime, in answer to the question. Right now, the sports I play at uni are winding down for exams, but I'm going to start playing squash as soon as I finish.

I might even start taking up boxing after uni finishes... we'll see how I feel about it.
May 18, 2012 9:38 AM

Aug 2010
I played basketball and ran track and cross country in high school. Now I don't like playing any sports and while I do like to run I mostly do it because I have to pass physical tests for the army. If it weren't for that I probably wouldn't do it that much.
May 18, 2012 10:46 AM

Aug 2009
I try to exercise at least three times a week, and especially over summer is when I have to watch myself to make sure that I keep up with it. But I've never been athletically gifted. I tried to play softball when I was younger and that pretty much scarred me from ever playing sports. I've just never found it fun. Except in gym when we would play dodgeball or something fun like that.
May 18, 2012 10:49 AM

Feb 2008
My body isn't very strong, so I haven't done any working out or anything in a long time. I was in marching band in high school (though that was a long time ago now), but that was the extent of anything like that.
Anime figure reviews:
May 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Jan 2008
Played football from jr high to my 3rd year of college. I still exercise, and enjoy studying martial arts (boxing and muay thai). Exercising is as much enjoyable as watching anime.The rush of pushing the limits of your body and trying to become more then what you are, having more energy throughout the day, and at the same time, relaxing your mind.

May 18, 2012 11:03 AM

Dec 2010
I only lift light weights infrequently anymore. Bad back, so I can't do much until I strengthen my back and core with planks. Uphill battle.

Oh, and my cardio has always sucked so I don't bother much with it.
May 18, 2012 11:05 AM

May 2012
i didn't do any till the end of last year until i watched "Hajime no Ippo " then iv been obsessed with running .........coz of that anime i got an inch now that only running can scratch :/ good and bad thing i guess lol
May 18, 2012 12:21 PM
Mar 2012
running 2 hours every morning and every evening, playing soccer on monday, tennis on tuesday, basketball on wednesday, workout in a gym on thursday, karate on friday, kung fu on saturday and judo on sunday :P ow and riding 30 mins my bike every school day to cambridge university :)

do I sport too much? :P im national champion in like 4 sports o.o I dont have any showing muscles tho ;p only abs
May 18, 2012 1:10 PM

Apr 2011
Chaoss said:
im national champion in like 4 sports

Well done! Sounds like you worked damn hard for it.

Anyway, I'm going back to the gym. I used to be incredibly fit but I look like a joke right now. I've put on so much weight! I loved cardio and going out the jogs at stupid O'clock in the morning. I used to go to the gym a lot. I might start a tumblr recording my progress. I have 5 months off uni, I can't waste this opportunity.
GloriousHawkMay 18, 2012 1:13 PM
May 18, 2012 1:34 PM
Mar 2012
GloriousHawk said:
Chaoss said:
im national champion in like 4 sports

Well done! Sounds like you worked damn hard for it.

Anyway, I'm going back to the gym. I used to be incredibly fit but I look like a joke right now. I've put on so much weight! I loved cardio and going out the jogs at stupid O'clock in the morning. I used to go to the gym a lot. I might start a tumblr recording my progress. I have 5 months off uni, I can't waste this opportunity.
haha goodluck!

and no I didn't really work for them :P I was having fun and the championships just came :)
May 18, 2012 1:40 PM

Mar 2008
I dont play any sports but I really would like to get into freerunning and parkour some day if i can learn how to do it properly and get it mega top shape. I havent been working out since i havent been feeling well but I used to work out regularly for about a year I managed doing that. I walk around a lot though and occasionally go for a jog.
May 18, 2012 2:09 PM

Jan 2012
Chaoss said:
and no I didn't really work for them :P I was having fun and the championships just came :)

I was about to start yelling about trolls, but then I noticed your gender and it all made sense ;3
May 18, 2012 2:20 PM
Mar 2012
GuZ said:
Chaoss said:

I was about to start yelling about trolls, but then I noticed your gender and it all made sense ;3

what does gender have to do with it O.o
May 18, 2012 2:23 PM

Dec 2009
Yeah, I bike regularly and take long walks.

I always am on and off workout routines. Right now I am on one. I wonder how long I'm going to stay in shape before I drop all physical activity.
May 18, 2012 2:26 PM

Jan 2012
Chaoss said:

It might make me an asshole, but if you were a male, I doubt you'd be able to be the national champion in four sports (some of them being martial arts?) without even making an effort worth mentioning. Unless you're a Saiyan, that is.

The competition is just that much fiercer.
GuZMay 18, 2012 2:33 PM
May 18, 2012 2:33 PM
Mar 2012
GuZ said:
Chaoss said:

It might make me an asshole, but if you were a male, I doubt you'd be able to be the national champion in four sports (some of them being martial arts?) without even making an effort worth mentioning. Unless you're a Saiyan, that is.

The competition is just that much fiercer.

ahh like that. true true :) im btw champion in kung fu, judo, karate and tennis. so yeah basically martial arts :) (mainly because I watched anime when I was like 4 years old and I loved the fighting and I was a little girl and said to mah mom: MOMMY I WANT TO DO THAT TOO! and then I went on all those martial arts ;p got black band in judo, karate, kung fu and in taekwondo but I dont do that anymore :P the last one atleast (I don't mean to look tough or awesome or something. I just wanted to tell ya :P) and btw the competition is also very fierce at females when you have to fight against china or japan :)
May 18, 2012 2:35 PM

Jan 2012
Chaoss said:
ahh like that. true true :) im btw champion in kung fu, judo, karate and tennis. so yeah basically martial arts :) (mainly because I watched anime when I was like 4 years old and I loved the fighting and I was a little girl and said to mah mom: MOMMY I WANT TO DO THAT TOO! and then I went on all those martial arts ;p got black band in judo, karate, kung fu and in taekwondo but I dont do that anymore :P the last one atleast (I don't mean to look tough or awesome or something. I just wanted to tell ya :P) and btw the competition is also very fierce at females when you have to fight against china or japan :)

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've worked harder than you give yourself credit for :)

I love martial arts as well. Only practice Muay Thai (which I absolutely adore) and a little Krav Maga right now but I'm going to try out Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu when I've got the time to spare.
May 18, 2012 2:41 PM
Mar 2012
GuZ said:
Chaoss said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you've worked harder than you give yourself credit for :)

I love martial arts as well. Only practice Muay Thai (which I absolutely adore) and a little Krav Maga right now but I'm going to try out Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu when I've got the time to spare.

omg copycat x.x I was gonna try out brazilian jiu-jitsu in a month or so D: and Im gonna do Muay Thai next week :P cuz im stopping with judo and karate ;p not much left to learn. I might go teach karate or somethin' ;p just to be the boss for once :D
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Will aliens finally appear this century? ( 1 2 )

Absurdo_N - Apr 7

53 by Hikinekomori »»
9 minutes ago

» How do you feel about your digital footprint becoming your digital tombstone?

Shizuna - Yesterday

21 by pludel2 »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Who were your childhood cartoon waifus? (Video Game Waifus included)

Kazu-chan-san - Dec 24, 2022

37 by Hikinekomori »»
23 minutes ago

» To those who peaked their anime watch time during the pandemic, what are you guys doing now?

rlyvtei - Yesterday

8 by deg »»
25 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - May 7

19 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.