Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 29, 2012 6:54 PM

Jul 2011
Oxy said:
I want to strangle Shin, and then push him of a god damn cliff.

You mean Shu.
Apr 29, 2012 7:12 PM

Dec 2011
Oxy said:
I'm on episode 10 and I can't find any motivation to push on. I want to strangle Shin, and then push him of a god damn cliff.

I basically felt the same at that point while watching it.
But...I think it was good that I watched the episodes on a week-to-week basis.
The story gets better after the halfway point.
Plus, the overall soundtrack kept me motivated to watch this entire series (can often be a bad luring habit).
Apr 29, 2012 8:25 PM

Apr 2011
GalaxyStreakEVO said:
Oxy said:
I'm on episode 10 and I can't find any motivation to push on. I want to strangle Shin, and then push him of a god damn cliff.

Plus, the overall soundtrack kept me motivated to watch this entire series (can often be a bad luring habit).

Yeah I personally didn't like the first 10 episodes because it was so generic that I dropped it for a month but when I got to episode 13 I was like oshit good anime and I marathoned it.
Apr 29, 2012 8:44 PM

Jul 2011
Jpark said:
GalaxyStreakEVO said:
Oxy said:

Yeah I personally didn't like the first 10 episodes because it was so generic that I dropped it for a month but when I got to episode 13 I was like oshit good anime and I marathoned it.

It still suffers the same problems from the first cour, put there are some interesting ideas put there that make it a bit more enjoyable.
However, if you are eager to get back to it, I should advise you not to put much thought about what follows and have low expectatives, since nothing changes the fact that it´s a "more flash than substance" show.

BTW, Jpark, you have the show in your PTW list instead of the Completed one, excuse the silly giggles XD
Karura_JiinsaruApr 29, 2012 8:56 PM
Apr 29, 2012 9:03 PM

Apr 2011
^ I already finished it but I plan to rewatch it :P
Apr 29, 2012 11:30 PM

Dec 2011
^ Rewatch it? That's an interesting thought.
I would consider doing that too, but it's currently not at the top of my list.
Plus having some serious time constraints is often painful.
Apr 29, 2012 11:33 PM

Apr 2012
It's worth watching i guess.
I like the first half of guilty crown but the plot twist destroys it and i really dislike the 2nd half episode 12-22.
Really,it have such potential but they decided to just focus more on the romance and rushed it imho.
Apr 30, 2012 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
This series had potential.
It started out great.
It has great OST, character design, fighting scenes were meh.

But then Shu introduced himself as the common pathetic, unable-to-do-anything-by-himself protagonist. I have no idea how anyone could put up with someone like him.

Just watched episode 1, and he had already said the most pathetic lines which made me drop this series.

Dropped this series at episode 1.
Apr 30, 2012 4:15 AM

Oct 2011
Homolust said:
my opinions > your opinions

That's all there is to this shitty thread.

so true
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

May 1, 2012 10:49 AM

Jul 2011
BakaMatt said:
It started out great.

But then Shu introduced himself as the common pathetic, unable-to-do-anything-by-himself protagonist. I have no idea how anyone could put up with someone like him.

Now being serious, I don´t think that having the wimpy archetype as the protagonist is always a bad idea. Everything lies in the execution and how they manage to make the character sympatethic enough as we wait for his development, of course!!
In Shu´s case, definitely wasn´t the brightest characterization, but the reason I can´t easily call him the worst protagonist of 2011 only puts in evidence that I can come up with at least a couple of examples that are equally bad (or even worse) than him. As a curious thing, he eventually becomes one of the few decent characters, specially near the end of the series...
Karura_JiinsaruMay 1, 2012 10:57 AM
May 1, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2007
My opinion is that it is an average series, not very good but also not the trainwreck everyone made it out to be.

The problem was that the expectations were way too high. The director from Death Note, the script writer from Code Geass, well-known artists producing the music and design, with production values through the roof AND airing on Noitamina over two seasons! It seemed like God's gift to anime fans!

Except that it wasn't quite that, heh.
May 1, 2012 11:50 AM

Jun 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
BakaMatt said:
It started out great.

Now being serious, I don´t think that having the wimpy archetype as the protagonist is always a bad idea. Everything lies in the execution and how they manage to make the character sympatethic enough as we wait for his development, of course!!
In Shu´s case, definitely wasn´t the brightest characterization, but the reason I can´t easily call him the worst protagonist of 2011 only puts in evidence that I can come up with at least a couple of examples that are equally bad (or even worse) than him. As a curious thing, he eventually becomes one of the few decent characters, specially near the end of the series...
lmao love the Mirai Nikki comment the best.
May 2, 2012 2:22 PM
Apr 2012
I highly recommend watching Guilty Crown. Check out my review of GC to clear up the "crappy Code Geass rip-off" image it seems to have. While it certainly mirrors Code Geass in a few ways, that's as far as it goes. I don't see why people claim it to be a rip-off.
May 4, 2012 9:01 PM

Nov 2011
Holy moly so much hate to this anime. Honestly i enjoyed guilty crown alot. Mainly because i like anything that sunrise puts out but also the story itself was pretty good. I did enjoy the main character alot and the romance he had with Inori. I am a huge sucker for romance animes.

The action was good too and the idea that he could use people's "Trueselfs" to fight.

The art was amazing too and the music did help alot as well.

So for the people who said the anime was shit, stop hatin, its not good for your health.

Side rant: Read in a earlier post someone saying Meloncholy of haruhi suzumiya was shit, he deserves a punch in the face.
May 5, 2012 9:36 AM

Sep 2011
I barely had expectations for this show, but it’s just not right to say that it’s all the hype that’s at fault here. Because god forbid that it’s so wrong to ask for something to actually turn out good/decent right?

Guilty Crown has interesting and sometimes even great ideas. It’s just how it’s laid out, paced, and written that tends to be jarring at times that it often gives people that unintended “WTF” reaction. I don’t care if it’s “unoriginal” or "cliched", as long as it’s written well then maybe I’d actually give it some praise. I don't hate GC. I don't think it's terrible nor do I truly dislike it. I simply think that it has a fairly mediocre story despite the great animation and soudntrack. No more, no less.
ronriMay 7, 2012 7:37 PM
May 6, 2012 1:29 AM

Feb 2010
This show is truly a waste of time. (Please read my post to it's entirely, and I will actually explain WHY this is my opinion; not just "THIS SUCKS")

The thing is, the reason there is SUCH a negative backlash is that it LOOKS like it would be amazing.... phenomenal soundtrack, gorgeous visuals, and excellent voice acting...
so you would think with ALL of that you'd get something quality.

NO. no. no.

The storytelling is so god-awful that it negates all of those things. Characters pop in and out without reason, side story-lines begin and are never explained (or just fizzle out), the MAIN characters have such convoluted motives that they cease to make sense at all, and you eventually don't give a DAMN about them anyways.

How can you enjoy a show where you have invested 22eps, watching characters that have SUCH potential, become completely dull and lifeless.

To the original poster; it's your call. Yes there are people who join the bandwagon of hate, but the origin of the hate is justified. Someone who actually says this was a quality show that was "AWESOME!" is either: 1)trying to stand out by being the less vocalized minority, 2)they have a low scale when it comes to quality, 3)they are probably 12yrs old/easily entertained, or they haven't seen enough GOOD shows and can't tell the difference.

tl;dr, pass this up... there are MUCH better shows to fill your time with.
May 6, 2012 2:35 AM
May 2012
MusashiRose said:
This show is truly a waste of time. (Please read my post to it's entirely, and I will actually explain WHY this is my opinion; not just "THIS SUCKS")

The thing is, the reason there is SUCH a negative backlash is that it LOOKS like it would be amazing.... phenomenal soundtrack, gorgeous visuals, and excellent voice acting...
so you would think with ALL of that you'd get something quality.

NO. no. no.

The storytelling is so god-awful that it negates all of those things. Characters pop in and out without reason, side story-lines begin and are never explained (or just fizzle out), the MAIN characters have such convoluted motives that they cease to make sense at all, and you eventually don't give a DAMN about them anyways.

How can you enjoy a show where you have invested 22eps, watching characters that have SUCH potential, become completely dull and lifeless.

To the original poster; it's your call. Yes there are people who join the bandwagon of hate, but the origin of the hate is justified. Someone who actually says this was a quality show that was "AWESOME!" is either: 1)trying to stand out by being the less vocalized minority, 2)they have a low scale when it comes to quality, 3)they are probably 12yrs old/easily entertained, or they haven't seen enough GOOD shows and can't tell the difference.

tl;dr, pass this up... there are MUCH better shows to fill your time with.

True. I would shock IF it's left unexplained/unexpected from most of the episodes unless they could explain few things in the upcoming Lost Christmas game.

I mean It's ashamed that this show didn't explain everything very well till it gets me scratches my head all day. Mood killer much?
JafriZinMay 6, 2012 2:42 AM
May 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
Gigarit said:
Holy moly so much hate to this anime. Honestly i enjoyed guilty crown alot. Mainly because i like anything that sunrise puts out but also the story itself was pretty good.

You can't even get the studio right, you prick. If you're unable to even attain even such basic information, I somehow doubt you are qualified to lecture people in this thread.
And you have a FF13 avatar which pretty much explains a whole lot about your standards....

Syphilis said:
I highly recommend watching Guilty Crown. Check out my review of GC to clear up the "crappy Code Geass rip-off" image it seems to have. While it certainly mirrors Code Geass in a few ways, that's as far as it goes. I don't see why people claim it to be a rip-off.

Attention whoring and showing off an abyssmal amount of watched anime is probably not the right way to promote your review as a serious help for potential new watchers.
NidhoeggrMay 6, 2012 10:53 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 6, 2012 2:23 PM
Sep 2009
If you enjoy watching beautiful animation and art style go watch it. The OST is also well done, other than that don't watch it unless you have time.

One of the main reason there's so many haters is that GC has set the bar too high for itself to live up to its own hype. The first couple episodes are breathtaking with refreshing and beautiful animation, and a distinct art style and direction with a very interesting plot. The anime then completely went downhill following with disappointments among fans (read: haters) once the plot is revealed and how 1 dimensional the character is.

Spoilers ahead

Shu is your typical guy who can't make up his mind and thinks that he's on a emotion roller coaster when he's not, also when he's on the verge of dying, he suddenly made up his mind and is stronger than ever.

Gai is your typical leader; good looking, smart, strong. Whilst the character growth of Gai itself is good on paper (starts out good, then turn bad for a greater cause), it's because it has been done a lot of times (feels cliche, overused and old) and 22 episodes is NOT sufficient to do this (Code Geass has 50 episodes which tries to convince you that Lelouch is a bad guy. Naruto, despite the haters, Itachi is one of the most developed character in any anime and again, it requires time to develop these kind of character growth).

Then you have your typical Shu's "friends" that hate/love Shu because of his new power and hence pointless dramas are created.

I'm not gonna comment on Inori because the only reason she existed in the series itself is for Shu.

The only well developed character in this series Haruka Ouma.

Overall I give the anime 7/10 because of the animation and OST itself and how well done the first couple episodes was.
FritscMay 6, 2012 2:44 PM
May 7, 2012 3:41 PM

Apr 2012
Guilty crown is a slap in the face. None the less its still one of my favorite animes

You should watch it.
May 16, 2012 5:14 AM

Aug 2010
Like I always say: It's experience that matter here. You could probably enjoy Guilty Crown if is one of yours first (let's say 20 max) anime you watch.
Why not? It's cool , have good graphics and music. And a story which LOOK interesting. But really it isn't.
It's just a ripoff of a LOT of other anime. (Copy-pasting Code Geass in particular)
May 22, 2012 9:32 PM

Apr 2011
9GAG said:
Spacebar said:
IT STARTED !!! THE FIGHT BETWEEN HATERS AND FANBOYS !!!

*off caps* enjoy folks

Spacebar said:
^ same goes to you, fanboy. Keep defending it .

Hahahaha its normal man, to find fanboys here, so you don't have to state the obvious . Look at Jpark , he's practically defending every single thing about guilty crown , typical fanboy. Tsk tsk. I love Guilty crown by the way .

Fuck. You actually revealed my cover.
May 24, 2012 11:09 AM
Jan 2011
jpem said:
People who say this is the worst anime ever made must not watch much. The OST alone makes it better than most crap that anime puts out.

yeah, OST alone is worth watching it

my opinion: its worth watching for those few great scenes

i guess some people dont pay attention to the music when they watch something, from my point of view - sad
anime is not just video version of a book or something, its work of art - visually musically etc
it doesnt have to excel in everything to be enjoyable either

7/10 from me
sspitMay 24, 2012 11:14 AM
May 24, 2012 3:45 PM

Jun 2008
I just listened to Krone on the OST.

It's SO EPIC. Probably the most epic music I've heard in a while now. My dad came out of nowhere and was curious what was going on when I literally yelled "IT'S SO EPIC", lol.

Music is definitely top-notch. Release my soul, hill of sorrow, home, genesis, and real are all decent material, along with others for varying tastes. Supercell is great, too.

Story as said repetitively is disappointing, to say the least.
May 26, 2012 9:08 AM

Apr 2012
Syphilis said:

Totally agree. I think people only dislike the anime cause it was overly hyped. As for plot holes most animes have them some more then others.
May 26, 2012 4:48 PM
May 2012
Guilty Crown wasn't the bad. This anime have good character art, music and design especially Inori (✿◠‿◠) . The Story is great but (¬‿¬) .... they spoiled the anime ending too much. This anime could get at least 8+ score it they don't spoil the ending.
May 27, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, I cant wait to read all these hate reviews after finishing this series cus Im personally liking it. I remember not watching this on real time because of the hate. I gave it a shot and its way more interesting than most of the recent anime these days.
[right]

May 29, 2012 4:23 PM

Jun 2008
porkypink said:
Wow, I cant wait to read all these hate reviews after finishing this series cus Im personally liking it. I remember not watching this on real time because of the hate. I gave it a shot and its way more interesting than most of the recent anime these days.
Pretty sure there are a bunch of those already.
May 29, 2012 4:27 PM

Sep 2011
i think guilty crown is like code geass R2, it distracts you with pretty animation and awesome music to the point where you dont notice just how bad the show actually is

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
Seeing as I go by entertainment value. I can say that 7 episodes in it isn't that bad. Unless it pulls off something epic though, won't touch my fav 5 anytime soon though. >_>
Jun 1, 2012 3:10 PM

Sep 2011
Doom_Kiseki said:
Seeing as I go by entertainment value. I can say that 7 episodes in it isn't that bad. Unless it pulls off something epic though, won't touch my fav 5 anytime soon though. >_>
oh episode 12 is epic, epicly bad that is, just count the plotholes in that one ep

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 1, 2012 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Karhu said:
One of the worst series ever made and everyone should feel bad for liking that shit.
Karhu said:
One of the worst series ever made and everyone should feel bad for liking that shit.
Karhu said:
Jun 2, 2012 1:11 PM

Jul 2011
They won´t take you seriously if you don´t state the why XD
Also, enjoyment can get from this anime because of its production values, so it can hardly be considered one of the worsts, more mediocre than terrible, at least. There are shows that are both bad and unenjoyable at the same, from which any kind of public would give them the merit.
Also, Guilty Crown can be considered a good start for newcomers...
Jun 2, 2012 7:16 PM

Sep 2011
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
They won´t take you seriously if you don´t state the why XD
Also, enjoyment can get from this anime because of its production values, so it can hardly be considered one of the worsts, more mediocre than terrible, at least. There are shows that are both bad and unenjoyable at the same, from which any kind of public would give them the merit.
Also, Guilty Crown can be considered a good start for newcomers...

I pretty much agree with a lot of this. I think Guilty Crown is mediocre, but it's not necessarily godawful. Of course most of that is to do with the haphazard writing. That said, at least it's still animated well and has a great soundtrack and character designs.
Jun 9, 2012 4:55 PM
Feb 2011
This anime is totally Lord of the Flies with high tech toys. Yea its got some cliche's in it, but when you use them properly, like GC did, it works! Cliches exist for a reason people. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. The gorgeous animation is what got me to start watching and I will admit that it is what got me through the first 12 episodes, but after that, I loved how the story progressed. Everyone's been saying how its hard to follow, but I think if you just focus on it, you'll see what it's trying to get at. Not the best anime but it makes a great tragedy and has a fantastic view on humanity.
Jun 10, 2012 11:02 AM

May 2012
GC is awesome! Just watch the first couple of episodes your self and then decide, that's what I did and I ended up loving it!
Jun 12, 2012 1:31 AM
May 2012
TheNVS said:
GC is awesome! Just watch the first couple of episodes your self and then decide, that's what I did and I ended up loving it!

This show is so bad, my friend. It just confuses me as hell. What the hell is that all about. I mean the story makes NO sense, the writings are just random & out-of-nowhere & it never solved & explained that well. It's just unexpected (Yes, there is NO winner! Bad guys always wins! do I need to explain more?) #shudders

That's it, I'm done.
JafriZinJun 16, 2012 8:23 PM
Jun 16, 2012 10:45 AM

Oct 2011
It's a decent anime.It's like Bleach,if you just watch for enjoyment then you'll be fine.Just don't go in expecting writing gold,yeah you're in the WRONG neighborhood for that.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Jun 18, 2012 1:13 AM
Apr 2012
Subjectively, I enjoyed the show cause of individual scenes and awesome music and animation
Objectively, as I wonder why ppl hate the show and looking back at it i was like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD DID I JUST ENJOY SUCH A HORRIBLY WRITTEN SHOW! Plot holes were as big as the sun but i think haters should acknowledge that the show is enjoyable if u well ignored like the BILLIONS of plot holes
And fanboys should acknowledge that Guilty Crown was written in a god awful way, it coulda been a phenomenal show but oh well i guess
Rewatchability for this show is well 0
Jun 18, 2012 1:37 AM

Sep 2011
IMNestea said:
Subjectively, I enjoyed the show cause of individual scenes and awesome music and animation
Objectively, as I wonder why ppl hate the show and looking back at it i was like HOLY MOTHER OF GOD DID I JUST ENJOY SUCH A HORRIBLY WRITTEN SHOW! Plot holes were as big as the sun but i think haters should acknowledge that the show is enjoyable if u well ignored like the BILLIONS of plot holes
And fanboys should acknowledge that Guilty Crown was written in a god awful way, it coulda been a phenomenal show but oh well i guess
Rewatchability for this show is well 0

One of the best comments in this thread and I definitely agree.
Jun 19, 2012 11:19 AM
Dec 2011
Anyone with over 500 posts will say that it is bad

I myself loved Guilty Crown. Don't expect an amazing plot (it IS an action anime so it's mostly action) and good character development (it really seems that all the GC haters ONLY watched it expecting character development) and you'll be fine.
Jun 20, 2012 4:47 AM

Jan 2012
No I think its awesome because the story/plot is great since they explain it in detail and a suprised Twist I have to say which is quite well. People don't like GC because they mostly compare with Code geass as it has the kind of similarities but for me I Judge on the anime not comparing

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Jun 20, 2012 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
kurselax said:
so my question for you guys is: is guilty crown really that bad of a show .

Does a duck fart underwater?
The Art of Eight
Jul 8, 2012 12:44 AM

Jul 2012
I haven't even seen this anime yet, but one of the main arguments used here is "The art and OST make up for the bad storytelling."

.. Aren't there plenty of other shows with good writing, great animation and pretty OST's? Just saying.
Jul 8, 2012 12:45 AM

Aug 2008
if you're not a fan of action anime and somewhat meccha it is not for you..

me too didn't like action anime but who cares I'm a gundam fanatic after all
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Jul 8, 2012 4:01 AM

Sep 2011
noyoureinsane said:
.. Aren't there plenty of other shows with good writing, great animation and pretty OST's? Just saying.

Yup, and that's exactly why people are (rightfully) critical of Guilty Crown.
Jul 8, 2012 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
guilty crown was the most entertaining show from Fall2011/Winter2012, thats pretty much it for me. 2/10
Jul 8, 2012 11:11 AM
Nov 2011
Dude, it's not bad at all. Don't get discouraged because I was also on edge about watching the show and I ending up loving it.
Jul 12, 2012 5:00 AM

Jul 2012
kdelacruz said:
Guilty Crown if not compared to other animes holds its own. People seem to be stuck on comparing it to code geass because of the "power of the king" and the mechas. But in all honestly most animes are similar with the main characters having powers bestowed upon them that ordinary people don't have, its just not named "power of the king". I guess no one realized, that geass seemed like a sharigan? Or the fact that the powers in animes is cliche being granted by a mysterious person? Cliche is everywhere in all kinds of anime. Its the way its excuted that matters. As for mechas, alot of of animes seem to have similar mecha designs anyways. It makes me wonder how this would be rated if it came out before Neon or Code Geass.

As for story? Pretty well written if you excuse plot devices and its plot holes. Written very good for entertainment, it just wasn't structured well. I don't see why everyone wants it to be logical and fictional in a nonfictional story. I'll admit the ending sucked, could have been better but they pretty much wrote themselves into a corner there. Although, ask any writer, the ending is the hardest thing you can ever write with most stories not having a masterpiece ending.

Voice actors were really top of the line and they really fit their characters well. One of the best aspects in the anime. If the anime was longer so it could of focused on character developement more because voice actors were really great at their characters.

Soundtrack was excellent and unique and pretty much the highlights of this anime.

TL:DR If your looking for something to enjoy for its soundtracks, character and voice actors, art, and storyline (before last few episodes) then Guilty Crown should be on your list. Don't expecting something like a Code Geass masterpiece. If possible watch this before Code Geass so it doesn't hinder your opinion, even if Code Geass is way better.

I bolded the parts that I'm arguing against, just saying.

- No one really bashes this anime, from what I've seen at least, for being a "Code Geass" rip-off. Like I said I haven't seen it, but from what I've read the majority of the arguments come from it using a bunch of cliches in anime. Which is okay, since cliches are always going to be used. But the arguments aren't saying that the anime is bad because it uses cliches - it's bad because it uses the cliches in a bad way. Again, I'm saying what I'm seeing, and I hardly see people bashing it because of this.

- Plot devices and plot holes automatically mean a story isn't all that well-written. A well-written story would do what it could to stay clear of plot-devices and plot-holes. Maybe "Guilty Crown" tried to stay clear of these, I don't know. But the fact that you pointed out that it had plot-devices and plot-holes automatically contradicts the statement that it's "well-written." Anyone can write a story for entertainment, but again like you said it wasn't structured well. Bad structure = obviously not well written. You're also questioning why everyone wants it to be logical and fictional if it's non-fictional. Well is it okay for the main character to sprout out wings and fly away from all of his troubles because the anime takes place in a fantasy world? Of course not. Just because there are illogical elements in an anime doesn't automatically mean it's free to defy any other logic without proper explanation and background. If the characters actions don't have realism behind them either, then again, it's poorly written.

- Just because most stories don't doesn't mean that it's okay for other stories not to either. There are plenty of anime that pulled off well concluded endings (The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood) and while you're correct in saying a lot of stories don't have any, remember Guilty Crown is an anime original story. It wasn't like the manga wasn't complete or there wasn't enough material. Maybe there were budget shortages or something like that, but still. Its excuses are minimal, and "Other anime have bad endings" definitely isn't one of them.

- You just admitted again that it lacked character development, which is another sign of bad writing. You do realize you're pointing out why it's poorly written in terms of plot and characters all by yourself, right?

- You can find plenty of anime with beautiful soundtracks, full character development and amazing seiyuus, superb art and a well-written and executed story that's also enjoyable. If you praise "Guilty Crown" just for it's soundtracks, artwork, and enjoyment level then you're doing something wrong. Or maybe it's the anime that did all the wrong.

Basically you contradicted yourself in most of your defenses and there's plenty other anime that can offer what you say "Guilty Crown" has and more. & yeah, I probably have no room to talk since I haven't seen it, but I'm just making a point here.
Jul 12, 2012 5:32 AM

Apr 2012
Man, watch the anime, then try to contradict somebody, and you, that contradict yourself. Please, recheck the anime THEN try to give your opinion on such a thread.

You both have like no idea what you're talking about. Saying this yourself does not excuse you for posting it either.

And check the definition of plot hole, using it so freely and then mistaking the definition, well that's a -1 point for you guys. From the time when I watched GC to today, I still can't see the plot holes you guys see. I think hard, really hard, and cannot see ANYTHING that is near the definition of beng a plot hole. Most arguments on these forums pretty much suck, because if you don't point out your evidence, people won't look for them.

Oh, and to the "Code Geass rip-off", I don't think you know what a rip-off means. The only similarity is that the robots have rollerskates, theres a rebellion in both of them and in both, humans have a pair of hands, a pair of legs and speak Japanese. Now to be serious, robots can't be very different in Mecha. Why? Because it's either a suit, four legged or it's controlled with a computer (AKA not suit). I've seen some photos of the CG robots and checked the robots in GC, yes, they copied the rollerskates.

The rebellion is initiated by somebody else than the MC, they have other reasons too, one is "kick the dog" and "Dead Little Sister" and the other one is "kick the dog" and is for his own purposes:

The character development isn't bad either, what are you talking about? Inori, Shu and Gai have the best character development in the show, the others less because most of them are supportive.

The ending was meant to feel realistic:

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.