Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sankarea
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 9, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Furuya's necrophilial dreams may be coming true. Rea's dad is just an awful person and a bonafide hentai who wouldn't even make love to his sexy wife. Wanko is naked and "ecchi" in this episode, she's a fun character. Even if she's a zombie, Rea is still a hottie!
Nov 9, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 2015
i felt bad for Rea because when she falls i thought the cat guy will catch him, and yeah she died and that fucking cat guy is so happy that she became a zombie i meant Rea just want a normal life but being zombie is not normal anymore.
Feb 4, 2018 11:04 AM

Dec 2017
holy shit. you can see the guts my dude.

i like avocados on toast 
Dec 9, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2015
How is castration what Rea's father thinks of first for Furuya? If he knows about the naked pictures, he can easily turn Rea's father into the police, penis or not. Also, if Rea's trapped inside and never allowed to leave again, there's no risk of him being able to do anything to her.

Say he does break in. He could still go down on her muffin, unless her dad turns a blind eye to that as not really sex (which I really doubt he does).

I know this was a minor detail of the episode, but it really highlights how stupid Rea's father is.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 19, 2019 1:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, what an episode this was!

I wasn’t too shocked of course since it’s about time such a thing occurred, but even then I must admit the presentation of it was quite gore-y in a good slightly startling way. Rei’s father must be traumatised by this, can’t wait to see how all this will hit him in the coming episodes and I really hope it snaps him back to reality! Butler saw it all unfold though, I wonder what’s going to happen next from here onwards. Interesting to see the (step-?) mother let her go though, it’s good to see she doesn’t just blindly hate on Rei because of her anger towards her husband. Babu, meanwhile, was the MVP this episode xD. Rei’s father was rendered useless by its presence after all, lol. He/She seemed to be well aware of her zombie feature as well, guess they’re one of a kind now after all. Lol, poor Onee-san this episode though. That panty shot and the nude bath of last episode, looks like the Studio is really trying to sell her to the audience here. Little moment between Imouto and Grandpa was really hilarious too.

Really loving this show so far! Rea’s zombification is really doubtable, no doubt, but I’ll just consider the drug to have already settled in and functioning by the time she died. Next episode preview promises some more intriguing developments, looking forward to seeing that!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 13, 2019 4:42 PM
Oct 2018
HER DAD IS ONE HELL OF A SCUMBAG
HER MOM IS HOT
HER WISH HAS CAME TRUE
SWEG!
Jul 13, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2016
Still thinking how they gonna explain it to her father.

and I think Furuya's grandma is probably a zombie as
well since he eats those leafs they probably have nutrition for zombies just how Babuu ate it.
Apr 11, 2020 4:29 PM

Nov 2016
Man, initially I came in expecting a light watch, but this rather intense and the drama is not too heavy handed.

Crazy dad lost his most precious "possession". Wonder if he will fall into a state of perma depression or if he's going for revenge. Would be surely a shock for him to see the undead Rea.

And lol at Chihiro for having less frame than Ranko.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 24, 2020 2:23 AM

Jun 2020
Such a good episode!! I love the art direction of this anime. Dying in a bed of hydrangeas ♡ How beautiful & sad & EPIC & I felt so bad for Rea - no child deserves to be treated like how her dad abused her & it’s so unsettling watching the scenes with her sick dad knowing it ain’t far from reality.

And I have a feeling it’ll go to shit after this episode, I hope not o/

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 18, 2021 3:42 AM

Mar 2019
I was not expecting this scene to be so graphic, but I'm not complaining. It actually gave me chills, like in the ending of episode 1. The eye color change is also amazing but scary at the same time. Now I wonder what's going to happen from now on but I do have a guess.

Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 10, 2021 5:14 AM

Aug 2017
Oh shit it worked, on both of them too. Also what is Rea's dad's end goal, a puppet for a daughter? Seems like he only wants her for show since he clearly doesn't care about her well being, well at least not without the narcissistic view that he has of himself

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Mar 18, 2022 12:58 AM

Jan 2021
okay first of all I still hate her dad with a burning passion..

second i know she would get revived but damn, it hurts to watch her die...

her dad and butler is still there.. so they might take her but damn since she's zombie now, I hope she would fight back
Jul 29, 2022 4:43 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Babu does not appear to be suffering too much as a zombie cat as Furuya had expected, and that's all that matters.

So the way that Rea becomes zombified, guts and entrails hanging about and all, is from an accidental fall which ripped her entire abdomen open. The zombie potion then she took beforehand as a suicide attempt then activates as she dies, and there you have it: zombie Rea. This is probably the best way to do about it. It's better than her being a zombie from the start, better than Furuya turning her into one directly (which would kind of make him an asshole character), becoming one immediately after taking the potion, or what I was expecting to happen during this episode, that Furuya makes more of the potion and then feeds it to her corpse to revive her as undead. But instead he just stands there stunned at the sight before him, all his weird zombie fetishes cast to the side for a moment, thank goodness.

I was afraid that several episodes were going to be dedicated to some escape plan of sorts to get Rea out from her prison of a mansion. But no, thankfully she escapes quite easily again, has a confrontation with her weird-ass father, falls off a cliff and dies and returns to life as an undead being. I admire the pacing.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Mar 31, 2023 11:29 PM

Dec 2020
Her death made me cringe. Something about things falling and going splat. YEUCK
Very gruesome though but we all knew she wasn't going to die. Except if babu is different I wonder if she is different now too
Jun 21, 2023 1:37 PM

Dec 2022
Another great episode
Aug 3, 2023 8:03 PM
Oct 2017
The anime is going strong so far, there was a sudden death, we saw her guts spill so we are clear, and sure, that this girl, is absolutely and completely dead. I was afraid the anime would chicken out and maybe just maybe make her pass out, but if it is as shocking as we saw today, it has a bigger impact on the audience. I have to say I find the fan service more in poor taste than usual due to the girl sexual abuse and hidden self image issues caused by her father. Its like we are doing the same thing than the father and gawking at her, so yes, I get it is something you do in anime due to the target demographic and everything, but still leaves a poor taste in my mouth.

Interesting plot choices, like making the father watch her death and reborn, he probably will disown her considering she is now a monster in his eyes. And the words, "please take responsibility" are important considering that Chihiro has to take care of her and make sure people dont reject her or realize she is a zombie. There is a lot more that you can interpret beyond what happens on screen, and I feel that while the relationship wont be completely healthy, it will still be an opportunity for both of them to grow as people.

Again, I dont want to put my expectations too high with the rest of the anime, but I want to say that so far I have been pleasantly surprised, the atmosphere and imagery are really nice, so it seems the people who made the anime really did their best to get the most out of the source material.
PhixiatelyAug 3, 2023 8:08 PM
Aug 3, 2023 8:07 PM
Oct 2017
You know, last year I got my gallbladder removed, since then I haven't been able to eat most things, and when I thing a lot of things, I feel spasms, I feel cramps, I feel a void, and I feel knots, and its all a mess, I am afraid one day, I will get truly sick because I can't keep up with the proper diet.

I'm a dead girl without guts.
Oct 11, 2023 2:32 PM

Dec 2022
Gnarly. Just in case the fall alone didn't kill her, Rea had to get her stomach sliced open by a sharp rock. Suppose her imminent zombification came in handy there.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 16, 12:09 PM

Aug 2019
MF just left Ranko stuck in that tunnel

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2012

303 by DrAkiMakura »»
Feb 9, 2:34 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2012

149 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:16 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jun 7, 2012

160 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:33 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - May 31, 2012

134 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » Sankarea Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

141 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 11, 2023 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.