Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Sep 27, 2012 3:25 AM

Nov 2011
Eh, ending was good I guess but didn't do it for me 100%. They had the whole 3 1/2 year time-skip so I figured it would end with them finally meeting and being together. Turns out though now they'll be not only farther away from each other but probably not see each other longer as well! Nitta said he'd wait for her so it's implied of course in the end they'll be together but it just didn't really cut it for me. I wanted to see that cheesy fairy tail ending for this manga! lol

Overall though it was pretty good.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 3, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
This ending really rustled my jimmies. This one was like Toradora's, except they don't even end up together, and the situation isn't even that clear or convincing about it.

It was a "so yeah we gotta be apart because. BTW waited three years but still won't get together lolk."

And I'm not even sure if they expect me to believe these two spent those three years alone. Makes no sense given their ages and sexual status, but then again it makes no sense they didn't see each other at all even casually, given their feelings.

Can't help but feel it was simply done for the sake of bittersweet, and it simply doesn't strike as realistic because the situation was so engineered to begin with. People DO end up together in the real world all the damn time, regardless of what happens with the relationship in the future.

An actually realistic ending with the intention of bittersweetness would've been them seeing each other casually, and either gradually falling apart but remaining friends or... hell, those three years together and then her having to travel and he deciding to stay.

As it was done it was just rubbing salt on a wound for the sake of it.
EmmanuelVRNov 3, 2012 1:41 AM
Nov 20, 2012 2:39 AM

Aug 2012
The doctor really surprised me...
It was a good end. 9/10
Nov 23, 2012 10:40 PM

Aug 2010
I am quite happy with the ending and how their relationship turned out (as in from the beginning until now that they have love in their relationship).. Though I would have like to see them ending up being together in the far future (marriage or something?) :P

Wonder what is their age gap?
Dec 11, 2012 11:15 AM

Mar 2009
that was a good read~ love it~
Jan 5, 2013 12:28 PM

Sep 2012
At least a kiss would have been great at the ending. Anyway. Good ending and awesome manga.
Jan 8, 2013 12:24 AM

Jan 2011
as much as i hated when it ended, it makes sense. sometimes, duty to what you are obligated to do comes before everything else.

it would have been better if they atleast mentioned if they kept in touch at all, but im guessing no... might be best to assume they will never meet each other and she met someone else already... even though i would hate to have that as the ending.
i feel as if i am ignored most of the time on here. well fuck you too then!
Jan 28, 2013 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
Well, I will never read another H-manga. Not that it wasn't good, but I feel sick to my stomach for some reason.

It was a happy ending for sure. It does not matter whether or not the two gets paired up, they moved on with their lives. TOO MUCH SEX. So much that I don't even want to hear the word.
Mar 3, 2013 6:11 PM

Feb 2011
I'm amazed i haven't comment on this yet.

Well, so when he finally got into work again tree and a half years later, She shows up and says shes gonna study over sea? and asks him to come with her and he declines? God damnit! Why can't they be together? Harumi Chihiro..ばか!
Mar 7, 2013 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
Wait... why did he say no...? three and a half years was more than enough waiting.
May 16, 2013 11:25 AM

Aug 2012
uhm.. i swear this is one of the best ecchi manga that i've ever read.. i really love the plot, though i think the H scenes are too often lol. but honestly, the mangaka really did a good job combining a good story with beautiful art into what i just saw right now.

About the ending, somehow it kinda reminds me of the ending of Byousoku 5cm, both didn't end up together but it's the best decision for them (at least that's what they think).. the difference is that Velvet Kiss is less depressing that byousoku 5cm, which left me devastated for 3 days lol.

oh Nitta.. If i were him, i'd leave the job to follow Kanoko.. i know that career is important, but there's more to life than that. i'd prefer doing something that makes me truly happy and supporting the one that i love, so i won't feel any regret..

overall, it's 8/10, and yes, another epilogue chapter would be awesome!
ChoroshiMay 16, 2013 11:29 AM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
May 27, 2013 5:26 PM

Jan 2013
If there were no h-scenes, the manga would probably be 14 chapters. Max xD

The character development was stellar!
Jun 9, 2013 5:13 AM

Aug 2012
TonyTin said:

The character development was stellar!

completely agree with you!

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jun 23, 2013 1:58 PM
Apr 2012
I love this manga so much. Just reread it and the ending is so complete. In addition, everything from the art to the characters = amazing.

10/10
Aug 16, 2013 1:05 AM

Mar 2011
finally finished it~~
it was an okay ending, i'm happy for kanoko and same for nitta for getting a nice job.
Aug 26, 2013 1:24 PM

Aug 2012
It was a really nice ride ,i enjoyed the manga , but i guess it kinda sucks the we don't have a happier ending , but good enough , at least now they are both working hard and waiting to meet again.
Oct 5, 2013 3:58 AM

Sep 2010
fuck this ending. wasted my time -__-
i hate shitty ending. The main character (male) did not end with the main girl.
wtf
Oct 7, 2013 6:44 PM
Mar 2012
Well I basically read this entire Manga in one sitting. That ending really had me. I really thought they would never see each other again but then 3 years later... blah blah blah. but anyway this chapter was really good i liked it.
Oct 16, 2013 8:46 AM
Oct 2013
Guess didn't hate the ending, but defiantly didn't love it. Saw a bunch of ppl say that the fact she teared up and said "do you want to come with me" implies that she won't be coming back, and so therefore is sad. However, IMO if she had said something like "Don't you want to come with me" that would have implied that she wouldn't be coming back. I feel like the tears she had was due to the fact that she must have already been overwhelmingly sad due not being able to spend 3 and a half years with him, and cannot bear the thought of not spending any more. but like if you look at what really happened from a realistic perspective, NOONE and i mean NOONE is going to stay abroad forever, and not even take holidays back to where the place the were BORN at. Also she did say she is going to teach "management strategy" abroad to help her own business which is centered in JAPAN. Assuming the typical "Footlose" company in any country, teaching abroad is just a way to expand the company, rather than actually moving to that country. Therefore it is simply impossible that she will not ever return back to japan. And hey, if he didn't get "hitched" after 3 and a half years, doubt either of them will really be at true "peace", since they were already able to wait that long of a time.
Dec 5, 2013 2:57 PM
Dec 2013
its 100% worth reading ...

its starts off with this random sex with no plot . then as the episodes pass its makes more and more sense and gives the characters more story depth.

it was a excellent manga..
well to be honest It could had a happier ending .but it makes sense .the main character had problems to maintain a relationship between his work and her..
but still managed to work it out. its very clear that author is saying that..no matter the distance /problems they will end up together .

she waited 3years ..I think she will wait a few more. especially the last page trys to be a very emotional scan .

I'll give it 9.1 out of 10

its going to take a few days to forget this manga addiction
Dec 11, 2013 3:18 AM

Oct 2013
I like this ending but don't love it. :3

At last it is dependent to our imagination whether the both can become happy together.
This is not bad, but I prefer a true happy endings always.
A strong love and the mutual promise to wait for each other connects both.

I think they will meet again and live happily together.
That's all I need. ^^
Dec 11, 2013 4:00 AM

Oct 2013
No, I and Harumi Chihiro propably think so too. T-T
Dec 11, 2013 11:46 AM
May 2013
I remember reading this awhile back. Overall, I enjoy this manga even if the ending was kind of sad. I especially loved the beautiful character designs and art.
Dec 26, 2013 12:00 AM
Sep 2010
I enjoyed the story, character development was great, lots of things going on and I agree that the ending wasn't as good as I had hope for. But hey at least they will each other later. Do you guys have any other recommendations for a manga like this one?
Jan 8, 2014 4:59 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Realistic ending I suppose, but I would have loved for them to get hitched or something. Not a bad little manga.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 10, 2014 3:45 PM

Jan 2013
Haha this must be really late..

But read this in one sitting last night.

Let's just say it wasn't disappointing. Far from it, I liked every part of this series, from the beginning to the end. The aunt got what she deserved, Kanoko grew a pair (and grew up as well) and Nitta well, got his job back and no debt!

Nevertehless he outta control his sex urges. The times of sex Harumi Chihiro drew in this I felt was a little excessive...I get it, humans are sexual creatures, but most of it seemed like filler sex. Though vanilla and very satisfying.

I loved it best when Kanoko had conviction to take back what was rightfully hers, instead of her usual kuu/wishy washy attitude..

That side was moe~ XD

Just me, I wish that the two got married. Or at least Harumi Chihiro could've drawn the final scene of them getting married. It would've been picturesque imho.
I stand with Freedom, no matter the cost, no matter the price.

Jan 13, 2014 7:08 PM
Jun 2013
Hmmm, not sure what i think about the end; very bittersweet.

I know its probably just speculation but can anyone tell me what they think about what actually is happening in the last scene? Does it feel like they're choosing to wait even longer to actually be together or does it feel like goodbye? It kind of feels like they're saying goodbye to me which really bummed me out because i felt like the they both developed a lot in the end. Like money would be an issue if they guy left his job anyways...Sometimes I just don't understand pride.
Mar 6, 2014 10:37 AM

Jan 2014
i like the series, but i only hated the orgy part of it :P

sorry but im not quite satisfied with the ending..some what see yah later means more like a goodbye to me permanently, i want an epilogue, where they get back together, get married or even have kids...

Insidious said:
I'm a sucker for happy endings.

yeah me too :)
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Mar 17, 2014 5:26 PM

Mar 2009
I just finished reading the manga. I still don't know what to think about the ending but there are few things that made me angry, made my heart beat faster and made me feel sorry for Konoko.

I didn't like most if not all the sex scenes in the manga but I pushed myself to keep on reading. Worst came when Konoko was back into the orgy party near the end. It really made me angry for some odd reason.

I have mixed feelings about Konoko as on one side I feel sorry for her and her circumstances, feel the urge to help her and protect her (and not just fuck her every day). On the other hand her having no problem being fucked by any guy made me feel disgusted (how old was She when the orgy parties started?).

I'm not a fan of the way the so called friends treated Kanoko (what's better for a rich boy to fuck than a rich girl instead of some lowly peon).
Surprised Kanoko didn't get pregnant...

Even if it was fiction I didn't like the kind of treatment those poor girls were getting (some of them had questionable agreement to it).

I'm glad I made it till the end. Good read.
Mar 17, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah, I think the same. The way all girls acted was out of the picture, I guess.
Apr 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2013
At first I thought I came across a series w/ just some soppy romance and not much content.. But I proven myself to be wrong, the story was compelling and was brilliantly well-written and had been put together so amazingly (I gave perfect scores to art, Its just captivating). I was definitely satisfied w/ the ending, it was realistic considering their current positions. (but If I were him I would definitely marry her right away and forget his salaryman career since they're financially secured if they got married IMO, but I dunno maybe he loves his work and it's a part of his dreams. The "true love waits" is strong in this one but I would rather choose "life is short, if you ever find true love grasp it and hold to it to the end". lol maybe I'm overreacting now off to find a similar series since I have no idea what to do in my life anymore.)
Life is a song - sing it.
Life is a game - play it.
Life is a challenge - meet it.
Life is a dream - realize it.
Life is a sacrifice - offer it.
Life is love - enjoy it.
Apr 3, 2014 4:09 PM
Apr 2009
Well, this manga was great, one of the best for me, but I'm not satisfied with the ending. I was expecting them to be together. I don't like this kind of open endings.
I was going to give this manga a 9 but after this ending I'm forced to drop it to a 8.
neoalexysApr 3, 2014 4:14 PM
Apr 21, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2014
A tear fell of my eyes after I read the last page.
That was incredibly amazing.

Though, Nitta should've went with Kano lol.

Anyways, I hope this is not the end but a beginning of a new series.

"I'll see you." - Nitta
"See you later!" - Kano
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 3, 2014 7:34 AM
May 2014
I felt the same way Choyos about how ur feel about the ending, I hope that Nitta-san just go with her and asking a job to Kano-san for him to stick with her but, I agree with Kurogashi opinion that Nitta-san doing still such a good ending and suit to his action as always as well.
May 3, 2014 7:35 AM

Oct 2013
I want an epilogue!
May 3, 2014 7:46 AM
May 2014
ya me too... I hope this anime just never end.. This story is at its peak when almost near ending... I felt relation between Kano-san and Nitta-san more closely ..

Hurmm... somethin' doesnt felt right after I done reading this manga..sigh...
felt ..emptiness..
May 11, 2014 2:08 PM

Jul 2010
Overall I was surprised how good it was and I enjoyed it for the most part. Didn't like the ending though, would've been better if he went with her.
Jun 1, 2014 7:21 PM

Apr 2011
Is there are reason why I keep seeing these "We probably won't see each other again" endings? I feel like all the build-up just went to waste.
Jun 20, 2014 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
that ending would've been better if.. well whatever it was okay. I really like the H-scenes in this manga, it's a good fap material

8/10
Recommend me an anime
Jul 11, 2014 7:22 AM

Aug 2013
The ending gave me a bitter taste instead of a sweet one although its a happy end.
Somehow I was hoping for them to at least be together.
In the end Kano-chan got back what's hers etc. and was satisfying enough for me.
As for Nitto you had a really harsh life dude.. I feel yeah.
The climax went a little too quickly compared to the slow start but acceptable overall.
Well.. one thing I love most besides the story is the art..
Especially Kano-chan.. I haven't seen such an angel, super rare gem here. "Really" charming my heart to be honest.
On a side note.. Kano-chan's not pregnant. She's quite the girl. ;)
Jul 16, 2014 8:04 AM

Jan 2014
it was an "okay" happy ending.
although I wish that Shin will continue to live together (married) with Kano and continue to lead her family company.
Jul 25, 2014 12:00 AM

Dec 2013
I gave this 7/10, though it would've been a 5 or a 6 if it weren't for Kanoko's beautiful character design.

It's a bit sad though that they focused more on it being a borderline hentai than improving its plot and story.
Aug 11, 2014 5:34 PM
Dec 2013
This is the hottest manga ive read, best smut, the chick designs are the cutest i have ever seen.

This mangaka is my new fave
Aug 13, 2014 9:38 AM
Aug 2014
Ending was decent but was way to abrupt. Adding two extra chapters to develop their relationship after the climax would have done the series much good, since nitta's sudden change of attitude after like one night seems really out of place. I mean, there was a three year time skip the author could have easily fit it in the story line.

As for the ending, I am under the impression that the trip is only temporary (I mean shes only teaching stuff) which makes most of the ending somewhat superficial? There is also a small loose end with what happened to kano's father, of which could have easily been addressed in the time skip. Definitely would benefit from some sort of epilogue.

I think both of these can be traced back to the pacing. In the beginning it was slow but was able to develop a deep, stimulating story in doing so and i was expecting the same sort of falling action that would really wrap up the story well, but after the climax it sort of rushes through to the ending, which left me feeling "thats all?".
yerpderpingtonAug 13, 2014 9:41 AM
Sep 4, 2014 4:03 AM

May 2014
Happy ending. I think it fits well the manga.

Kano grows up into a lady. Nitta gets back to his normal life. But it was sad they didn't end up together, at least not yet. I'm kinda curious how Yuki and Saeki became in these 3.5 years.

This manga is way better than I originally thought. It's just fantastic!
Oct 8, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
I have heard a lot about this, but staled reading it because of the smut, but decided to give it a try just now.

The story is alright, nothing really special. It's actually rather short and simple if you cut out the sex scenes. It's pretty cool to have a story, at least the author attempted it. As for the characters, Nitta was pretty damn shit until like the final 2-3 chapters, I don't like him at all even at the end. Yuriko is a whore at everything, she wants money, power, and dicks, and she had no problem killing her own sister for that. She's pretty one dimensional until the very end. Yuki had potential, but the author just turned him into Yuriko's puppet. What a shame. For Kanoko, well, I guess she's my favorite among the bunch, but that doesn't really say much, I am not really emotionally attached to her. Oh, and I forgot the journalist/reporter, I liked her more than Kanoko, she is hot, she knows what she is doing, and she doesn't mind giving the head if it's for her job.
P.S. Nitta is shit. I don't understand how could he get all those girls. I bet if he tried, he could also get his co-workers to sleep with him.

For a hentai adult ecchi manga, it's not bad, but it's not that good. I heard it somewhere that the magazine the manga is published in has a quota of 1 sex per chapter, that kind of explains the excessive and at times unnecessary sex scenes.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 27, 2014 5:17 PM

Feb 2014
Well, and here I was thinking this was a good manga... I was about to drop it for 5 or 6 times while reading it.

Definitely not into the style. I mean, just sex is so bullshit... Virgin na Kankei beats it on this matter.

4/10.
Definitely not recommending it to anybody.
DoctaLinker
Nov 17, 2014 6:35 AM

Sep 2013
I seriously don't understand why, I thought this was going to rake shit (if this were an anime I would no doubt have done so), but I guess reading and watching are two entirely different things for me (probably why I don't rate manga). Much better than I initially expected.
Some problems though. You can see the plot unfold from two miles away. The resolution here went far too perfectly, I cannot believe that her stepmother waited like 18 years just to fatally trip here.
I definitely would have liked to see Nitta bring Kano out more often instead of just having sex all the time (AND scenes outside of the sex between them, like when she was sick for like half a page). This, of course, leads me to my biggest gripe which is the ending.

Yes, you can consider it adequate, but I do not believe that this was the absolute best thing the author could have done. You have all of this story written up, why are you just going to throw it mindlessly like you stopped caring? There seems to be a conflict in theme between the entire story and the ending, which just makes it disappointing.
This is what I believe should have happened:
No time skipping bullshit, readers are NOT going to abide to a sudden suspension of disbelief just because the text "3.5 years later" appears. Keep the stuff about Kitta getting rehired. Skip to a few days later, where he gets called again, and obviously have his boss curtly yell at him. Now that the story is back in familiar territory (reminiscent of the first few chapters), present a more mature looking Kano (the grown-up Kano just looks so weird to me, it's not my thing) and explicitly show that she has begun learning management (you know, why has she never asked advice from Kitta? He's a fucking businessman). Instead of being at some shopping district or love hotel, show that she is beyond all the spoiled-brat-sex-addict stuff, and have them go somewhere a bit more simple (the baseball place is a good idea, although there are probably better places). Done, gg. Satisfaction done very simply, and actually in line with the rest of the manga. Writing that made me happy, at least.

Overall, it was a really cute manga, I am pleasantly surprised since I find it difficult to find romance anime to watch.
Nov 18, 2014 1:25 AM

Apr 2013
Enjoyed the manga and the character development was well done for a smut manga. I was alright with the ending and thought it was realistic and tasteful until I came onto MAL and saw how negative and pessimistic everyone was about Kanoko and Nitta waiting for each other and getting back together. Now, I don't know...

And if I were Nitta, my penis would be screaming bloody murder and asking what the hell am I thinking. I don't know if he legit went 3.5 years without dating/banging anyone but to voluntarily continue that instead of being with Kanoko immediately in a foreign country? No words. If they do get together at some point, he'll look like this the first time they bang.

dankzelNov 18, 2014 4:30 PM
Nov 22, 2014 11:57 PM

Jun 2014
cliché ending. lmao
well I expected that it will end that way, but still..
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» How did this get marked as a H manga?

LittleHmongBoi - Apr 14

12 by LittleHmongBoi »»
Apr 15, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 9 Discussion

KuroDubZero - May 24, 2011

18 by parzxval »»
Oct 5, 2023 4:34 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 3 Discussion

-Kazu - Feb 4, 2011

16 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:12 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 2 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

14 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:05 AM

Poll: » Velvet Kiss Chapter 1 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Feb 7, 2011

22 by parzxval »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.