Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 11, 2008 7:06 AM

Aug 2007
not bad, not really bad i must say!!

5/5
Nov 18, 2008 9:12 PM

Jun 2007
Well, that was better than I expected, although my expectations weren't exactly what you would call 'high'. So in that regard, that's not so much a compliment, rather a simple acknowledgement. It was okay.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 21, 2008 6:22 PM

Jun 2008
That movie was awesome! I'm glad I watched it. I wonder where in the series this would have taken place.
Dec 9, 2008 3:25 PM
Dec 2008
AWESOME, its been a long time since I had seen a movie this great...they shouldn't have had ikkaku use bankai and byakuya use senkei senponzakura kageyoshi...but still AWESOME
Dec 14, 2008 6:24 AM

Nov 2008
It was a HUGE disappointment for me. The fights were mediocre at best, they tried to show off all the characters and failed miserably, plus the enemies sucked. The two arrancars don't even have a personality and their special skills are shooting energy blasts. Then they turn into dragons (I dare you to find a more overused and boring creature), summon random hollows and get pwned fairly easily. The first half of the movie wasn't even that bad and it really got me pumped, but the final confrontation ruined it all.
Oh well, at least the soundtrack was great.
Dec 30, 2008 9:05 AM

Aug 2008
Excellent Movie about Bleach!!!!!
Jan 3, 2009 9:00 PM

Apr 2007
Meh the movie was pretty boring, but at least there was plenty of squad 11 and Hitsugaya which I am always happy to see :D

score; 6/10
Mar 19, 2009 5:48 PM

Dec 2007
well. Soul society leading group should die with their sucking laws!
May 18, 2009 11:12 AM

May 2009
I liked the movie
It had good fighting scenes ect...

but it is impossible to fit the movie in the manga cronolagy
Jun 1, 2009 7:50 AM

Jun 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed the movie - the beginning was the best in my opinion.
I loved the soundtrack, and I thought the ending battle was pretty cool (The display of power by the 1st Division Captain/Commander was pretty awesome.)
My only two complaints was that Hinamori got little to no screentime in Hitsugaya's flashback, (though to be fair, she really had nothing to do with the storyline). The two Arrancar were utterly random and didn't really enhance the story. Other than that, this was a great movie.
I like to make people cry.
Jun 19, 2009 8:11 PM

Apr 2008
I was very impressed with the movie. I was actually bawling during the flashback with ichigo + his family (2nd time). : ( and I was really feeling the mood during the last flashback for hitsu+kusaka.
soul society pisses me off though. 1st captain yamamoto annoys me like hell. >__> and central 46 people are soooo unreasonable with their laws honestly : /
Im happy they left out inoue/chad/ishida LOL at least they werent in the way like last movie.
9/10 from me : D
Jun 21, 2009 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
Much better than Memories of Nobody. And it's about damned time that we gave Hitsugaya-taisho more air-time!
This movie was great, all around. Great fight sequences, not too much random running around for no apparent reason, and of course, Soul Society's usual knack for screwing up years and years ago was once again brought to light.
WAY TO FREAKIN' GO!!!
Jul 25, 2009 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
I really really enjoyed this might give it a 9 or a 10.

Jul 30, 2009 5:14 PM

Oct 2007
Not bad :D it was awesome when everyone fought together. I enjoyed the action.

I just thought it wasn't realistic how Ikkaku didn't hesitate releasing his bankai...
The animation looked kinda off sometimes, their faces looked so poorly made.
Sep 10, 2009 11:06 PM

Mar 2008
I loved this movie, I got to see alot of Shikais and Bankais ^_^!

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 13, 2009 12:04 PM

Mar 2009
Fucking Epic!! That was the most fan-service I've ever seen. I mean, were they like, lets make a movie for the fans of every character? The last battle was just amazing, Kenpachi's rampage on the Castle was so Win!! There was too much badassness to even comment on!! Of course, my only bitch....Not enough Urahara!!! Urahara Out!!
Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 16, 2009 12:52 AM

Jan 2009
I liked the movie the ending seemed a bit abrupt though, although the little bit after the credits cracked me up. I think Toshiro's Lt is one of my fave characters in the show. Somehow Toshiro puts up with her *laughs*
Oct 6, 2009 10:50 AM

Feb 2009
I didn't like this movie that much... the story was really lame and unoriginal and the villains were blunt... the really great parts of this movie was the last 15 minutes or so, which were rather intense, the chaarge of Kenpachi and the background of Ichigo which moved me a little. Overall, I liked the first one much more, specially the story and the ending. Its still a good movie for action and shounen fans, specially Bleachers, I give this one (gets a boost for the last 15 minutes) a 7/10
VeethornOct 6, 2009 10:54 AM
Dec 5, 2009 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
Pretty good movie. The ending was great with some of the best fight sequences. I liked Hitsugaya's story, I just hate that Ichigo had to make it all about him and how he dealt with the same problem. While, it was touching, he took attention away from Hitsugaya's plight and basically said, "Here's my sloppy seconds, I let you deliver the final blow, on your friend." I know he's the protagonist, but damn...I'd expect that in a movie where the plot revolves more closely around Ichigo. I just thought it was odd, and it would have made the movie better for it to be Hitsugaya's fight, even though they wanted to make everything lovey dovey friendship. overall good. Yay yoruichi/soi fon shunpo! Kenpachi was funny. Oh and all of a sudden Ikkaku's willing to show his bankai, for less than a pinky promise...lol
JoquishaJoestarDec 5, 2009 11:32 PM
Jan 7, 2010 10:38 PM

Dec 2009
GREAT MOVIE
Jan 25, 2010 1:05 PM

Sep 2009
Just watched the dubbed version. Intense!
2 Hyorinmarus = awesome.
Mar 28, 2010 4:35 AM

Oct 2008
The plot was awesome, the action was awesome.

Bleach episodes should be more like this.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 21, 2010 2:35 PM

May 2010
It was a really good movie at the end though it took me a while to get into it, I really liked it when all the squads joined together and all fought against the evil did (Kukasa i think) I thought that the plot was hard to follow though, and that it was easier to follow in the first movie, I would would give it a 4.5/5. BTW the Zaraki part was so funny when he lifted the castle :D
Jul 22, 2010 6:27 AM

Jul 2010
I think this Movie is the best Bleach Movie.
I love Hitsugaya Toushirou and Ikkaku's Bankai is very cool :O.
Love it <3
Aug 14, 2010 12:08 PM

Jun 2010
awesome!
just watch it
....just what happen to the royal family???? O.o
Aug 22, 2010 6:44 PM

Jan 2010
Great movie, every minute was awesome, I love the final battle scene.
Feb 22, 2011 2:37 PM
Mar 2010
That was seriously amazing! Nice pacing and plot. Also it was nice to see that the plot sections were as good as the fights. They definatly improved on the last one, by not dropping in characters for five minuites, as they introduced all of the characters at the start.

The end fight was really well done with everyone showing off their powers. And a movie around Hitsugaya will always be cool xD

10/10
Mar 21, 2011 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
I wouldn't say it was awesome, but definately less boring than mostShonen anime based films. The fights were good, but I am not a huge Hitsugaya fan, so he did nothing for me.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Apr 2, 2011 1:17 AM

Jan 2008
It wasn't bad. =]

The only thing that annoyed me was Ikkaku using his bankai. Ikkaku is stubborn and only uses his bankai when either nobody is around or only Yumichika is around.
Apr 24, 2011 6:07 PM

Nov 2007
Ugh,i hate Soul Society...those bastards really deserve all the shit they get.
So yeah,this movie was much better than the first one...MUUUUCH better...but i think that Kusaka dude deserved to get his revenge.Just try to imagine yourself in his shoes.
And because of that i can´t say i loved the movie...or something...
Jul 5, 2011 7:12 PM

Apr 2011
xD Kenpachi as crazy as always and I wonder how did they clean that giant castle lol.

I still can't understand how there were 2 Hyourinmaru.
Apologies, I just can't avoid to rant.
Nov 26, 2011 12:30 AM

Jul 2010
Overall was pretty disappointed. Seemed very drug out. And freaking Shunsui losing to that guy.... What a joke.
Mar 16, 2012 6:28 AM

Feb 2012
it was fine,in my opinion the first one was better.
Sep 6, 2012 6:53 PM

May 2011
Bleach Movies never disappoint :), and once again, make me appreciate the entire universe and characters even more, if that`s even possible lol. This time they focused heavily on action and less SoL which is ok since the first one had a lot of that.

Aside from all the amazing animation, sound and battles, I really liked the development between Ichigo and Toushiro, he's like the little brother Ichigo never had (physically at least ^^).

9/10!

- Oh yeah, seeing the way those trashes at Central 46 created the tragedy of Toushiro and Kusaka made me appreciate SS Aizen`s actions even more. Those bastards had it coming.
Oct 27, 2012 12:03 PM
Jul 2012
Great filter movie.
9/10
Aug 12, 2013 4:04 PM

Jul 2010
poor kusaka. i really appreciate aizen killin' those 46.
about movie..music & animation was good. story was touching. just didnt like the end.

hohlohohololoho
Nov 7, 2013 10:08 AM

May 2012
In my opinion this movie was worse than the first movie but still had one great story line! Either way lets see what the third movie has to offer!
Apr 18, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
Awesome movie :D
9/10
Apr 18, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2013
I love how it's a movie all about Toshiro, since he's my favorite character. Overall I really enjoyed the movie. It was awesome and interesting.
Apr 29, 2014 10:42 AM

Sep 2013
Wow, the central 46 were jerks making Toshiro kill his best friend. this movie also had a bit darker theme than Bleach has which was nice. The animation was nice too, i only wish the TV show was this smooth.
May 19, 2014 10:11 AM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
Haven't watched this movie yet nor have I gotten very far in the TV Series, I'm curious as to which episode I should watch up to in the TV Series before I should watch this movie and fully understand the plot of the movie?
- Justin T. Poindexter
May 19, 2014 10:10 PM

May 2011
Justp94 said:
Haven't watched this movie yet nor have I gotten very far in the TV Series, I'm curious as to which episode I should watch up to in the TV Series before I should watch this movie and fully understand the plot of the movie?

I see you're at episode 21, so I'd recommend making it up to at least episode 64/65. That's the ending of the huge arc you're about to enter (Soul Society).
May 21, 2014 11:28 PM
Master Otaku

Mar 2009
-Shuda- said:
Justp94 said:

I see you're at episode 21, so I'd recommend making it up to at least episode 64/65. That's the ending of the huge arc you're about to enter (Soul Society).

Thanks, much appreciated.
- Justin T. Poindexter
Feb 11, 2015 8:03 AM

Dec 2013
I don't like how the anomaly of existing 2 of the same Zanpakutou and this whole King's Seal matter were not explained. And how was Kusaka revived? I thought only human who become Hollows go to Hueco Mundo.
Well at least it focused on Soul Society so it's much better than Jigokuhen. I loved Byakuya's use of Senkei. Well kind of a too big scale battle for my taste but still a decent movie.
Hitsugaya refuses to go to onsen with Matsumoto - rly?
Jun 8, 2015 2:51 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
It was an alright movie.

Kusaku's death and reincarnation confused me... Can any human be reincarnated in Hueco Mundo? Maybe someone who died with a lingering curse?

Not a lot of character development like the first movie, but definitely more action (somewhat ok) scenes. The studio probably did that to "awe" the viewers.
Nov 18, 2015 1:42 PM

Jul 2013
Really awesome movie.

I really liked the story, although I think it’s sad that two people aren’t allowed to have the same Zanpakuto. It’s odd that two people managed to get the same one when I thought it was something made from their personalities, unless they were just that much alike from being best friends but to be punished for it and have to fight to the death over who gets to have it is just cruel. I don’t really see what difference it honestly makes.

I kind of don’t blame Kusaka for wanting to get revenge on the Soul Society and trying to get his friend/killer to help him.

It’s kinda cool and weird that the Ouin revived him after death, it seemed like he waited a long time to get his revenge though after becoming a Vizard.

I liked how the Ouin combined him with the ice dragon of the Zanpakuto, that looked cool. I thought it was cool that Kenny was the first to attack too.

The fight was really awesome at the end too.

I thought Uryu had gone off with Ichigo to the Soul Society though and left Chad and Orihime, but I must have got it wrong lol. We sadly didn’t get to see Uryu and Chad for long but they were awesome.

Ichigo and Hitsugaya were really epic in this! especially Toshiro!

It was a fun movie with an interesting plot line! also great animation <3

Ichigo; Hitsugaya; Uryu and Chad <3
Jul 25, 2016 4:58 AM

Oct 2015
it was okay because it involved hitsugaya toushirou and how he was to battle his friend to get the sole ownership of the Zanpakutō in their childhood.THEIR match never begun because the soul society interfered and chose tosh instead. Their match now was resumed but now for a different reason the fate of the world. It was okay compared to the first movie and i would have been better if ichigo was never included in the story, because he does not fit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Aug 20, 2016 6:25 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely enjoyed this one. 8/10. XD
Jun 15, 2017 3:55 PM
Feb 2017
I love it :D
Its so good i have enjoyed every second, but there aren't alot of sceen's when Ichigo usses his "Hollow" power. 10/10 for sure.
Jul 4, 2017 3:16 AM
Jul 2011
Probably on of my favorite bleach movies, just watched it again for the first time in a few years :3

Did anyone else notice the subtle advertisement of Lawson on the Lawson truck that drove by 37 minutes into the movie? I had to rewind the video, I was like wait was that a Lawson truck that just drove by?? XD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Bleach the Movie 2: The Diamond Dust Rebellion U.S. DVD Release Date

KidRyan - Jun 21, 2009

7 by KidRyan »»
Sep 1, 2009 2:31 PM

» Bleach falling into dismay - Yachiru missing!

Guess - Sep 9, 2008

21 by Hypeathon »»
Aug 31, 2009 11:56 PM

» All the fakes

atlantiza - Apr 1, 2008

29 by Reveriesian »»
Aug 29, 2008 11:24 AM

» Diamond Dust Preview episode 152

MattyD - Dec 13, 2007

18 by vizard_love »»
Jul 18, 2008 11:03 AM

» When did this come out...?

dex_forget - Aug 9, 2007

10 by Kyoko-1 »»
Dec 2, 2007 2:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.