Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
May 17, 2014 6:31 PM

Mar 2014
Psychocitybaby said:
This happens in almost every series, and not just horror/mystery animes. They wait until the last three episodes to get things really going, and then there's a mad rush to put everything together. This series was entertaining, but it went overboard and, in the end, made no sense. Besides the irrational deaths and the over-killing (almost everyone was literally stabbed in the back), there were two many coincidences and situations that had to be over explained so that we'd "get it". Someone has a twin, no a cousin, no a cousin with the same name that had to be change, no it was a sister, no it was a cousin that was raised like a brother. A missing chair in the faculty room? Really? Come on...

On a positive note, I liked the very end when Kouichi asks Mei if it's over and then it cuts to the other classmates taping up an enhanced copy on disc for future class 3 students.

It ain't over.

I give Another a 7/10.

completely agree with everything you said,
and I gave it a 7 as well lol
May 19, 2014 5:33 AM

Jun 2011
I just finished watching Another and I gotta admit that it's pretty average anime series.
What I hated about it the most was:
1.They never actually explain Mei's doll eye and why it can see Death. I mean WTF? How could some random dolll's eye is able to see death.
2.The curse is not eradicated entirely. You get the feeling that the same chain of events is going to repeat itself over and over again and I find it unnerving.
3.Many characters act illogically when the mansion is buring. Mansion's owners turn insane and all the students want to kill each other. I couldn't bring myself to believe that shit. The show's author is saying: hey look what a powerful curse, it could turn everyone insane.
4.Main character's aunt being his teacher and the dead person. The teacher and his aunt does not even look alike and who killed her. Was it Kouichi himself?
5.Underdeveloped cast. The only person I gave shit about was the nurse and she died pretty early in the series. I didn't find the rest of the cast appealing except Mei.
6.Gore-Fest. The amount of gore in this show didn't match the atmosphere and the show was not written well enough for extensive amounts of gore to be incorporated well.

Overall, I found this show's writing horrible and In my opinion it's plot has some serious issues. It would have made more sense if the librarian was the one responsible for the curse since he was working at that school since the curse originally started. Regardless of all the horrible things I meantioned above the show had it's charm and it was definitely gripping.

So it gets 6/10 from me

I expected something like Shiki, but I was strongly disappointed, it's not even close.
May 24, 2014 4:18 PM

May 2014
ArdenFolgore said:
I just finished watching Another and I gotta admit that it's pretty average anime series.
What I hated about it the most was:
1.They never actually explain Mei's doll eye and why it can see Death. I mean WTF? How could some random dolll's eye is able to see death.
2.The curse is not eradicated entirely. You get the feeling that the same chain of events is going to repeat itself over and over again and I find it unnerving.
3.Many characters act illogically when the mansion is buring. Mansion's owners turn insane and all the students want to kill each other. I couldn't bring myself to believe that shit. The show's author is saying: hey look what a powerful curse, it could turn everyone insane.
4.Main character's aunt being his teacher and the dead person. The teacher and his aunt does not even look alike and who killed her. Was it Kouichi himself?
5.Underdeveloped cast. The only person I gave shit about was the nurse and she died pretty early in the series. I didn't find the rest of the cast appealing except Mei.
6.Gore-Fest. The amount of gore in this show didn't match the atmosphere and the show was not written well enough for extensive amounts of gore to be incorporated well.

Overall, I found this show's writing horrible and In my opinion it's plot has some serious issues. It would have made more sense if the librarian was the one responsible for the curse since he was working at that school since the curse originally started. Regardless of all the horrible things I meantioned above the show had it's charm and it was definitely gripping.

So it gets 6/10 from me

I expected something like Shiki, but I was strongly disappointed, it's not even close.

I watched this anime around 9 months ago, back in August, when I was in the holidays to start year 8. This anime is my favourite horror lol.
May 24, 2014 4:20 PM

May 2014
Guys, I read the manga - it's completely different to the anime.
1. Akazawa never dies
2. Akazawa and Koichi never met previously in their lives
3. There was no mansion-killing scene!
4. When Koichi and his friends were searching for the clue to the end of the calamity, in the manga there was the guy with glasses instead of Misaki in the group
5. Misaki's eye gets stabbed!
And more.

But in my opinion, I think that the anime could've added stuff from the manga, such as an extra ending, but this time from the manga. But still, I prefer the anime :D

The ending of the manga is completely different to the anime's :P
S-MazokuMay 24, 2014 4:27 PM
May 26, 2014 7:56 AM

Jan 2013
8/10... I really did not like the beginning but it got lots more interesting from ep 5-6.
Jun 4, 2014 6:39 PM
Apr 2014
That was one of the best animes and conclusions I've seen. Highly recommended!
Jun 11, 2014 12:14 PM
Aug 2012
6/10

it was ok. it had cliffhangers and mystery. but plot was stupid and full of holes.
Jun 14, 2014 1:46 AM

Jan 2014
wow, what a great show. it was pretty entertaining and I never got bored while watching.

9/10 the ending would've been more memorable, hoping for another season.
Recommend me an anime
Jun 29, 2014 5:10 PM

Oct 2013
;D pretty awesome ending.
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

yhea i never realised this either. not 100% sure if we were supposed to either
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Oct 2011
Mikami was in my top 3 who I thought would be the extra, so I'm glad I guessed right! I'm really sad it was her though, and I'm pretty shocked that she's Reiko. Wasn't expecting Akazawa to die either. The last scene with Sakakibara and Misaki was really nice. Really good show overall!
Jul 7, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
8/10 , very great show
Jul 8, 2014 1:34 PM

Aug 2013
7/10 because of (very) shitty ending adaptation (ep 11-12,5).
firstblood said:
1-10 episodes =8.5
11-12 episodes=3

overall 7

sadly, from the episode 11th, there was just to much no sense that i didnt liked the series, sure action was there, i guess that im 26 years old and that cant help, anyway its was ok until the last 2 episodes for me

p.s the end feel rushed as well, may be for that there was too much no sense since episode 11

It had a sense in manga
rsc-plJul 8, 2014 1:37 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Jul 2014
That was a cool episode, although things progressed really slow in the beginning it was a nice finishing touch to an elegant series.

But sooooo freakin short ! ! :(
Jul 9, 2014 1:14 PM

May 2014
Well, there should be a second season, but this time new characters and some of the old characters, who have forgotten their memories.
The main character should be really outgoing and searching for some answers, which Koichi clearly lacked.

It all depends on the author of the novel, when he finishes his new story, there may be a manga adaptation then possibly an anime adaptation, who knows :D
Jul 11, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, first half of the anime kept giving me the creep and weird vibes. Is there any other anime's you guys recommend with these feels
Jul 12, 2014 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Darude said:
Wow, first half of the anime kept giving me the creep and weird vibes. Is there any other anime's you guys recommend with these feels

Higarashi will definitely give you that mood but i checked your list and you have it in your "plan to watch" list so watch it if you want to have that feeling like this :)
Jul 15, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2010
Hmmm. . . well. . . that was abit confusing for an ending. I mean the plot is slightly confusing. Chibiki or w.e said he started the 'streak' long time ago, but really what happened? The plot holes bother me abit.

Reiko was acting strange with all the forgetting thing, I didn't REALLY see it coming though. But this is like temporally? It'd happen next year too. . .

And like, what actually brings the 'dead' back to life? Is it like vengeance or something? I don't know!

I'mma give this a 7/10
Jul 17, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2014
Wow. I did not see that coming. I mean I could tell that

Overall though: 8/10
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."
Jul 20, 2014 5:27 AM
May 2014
8/10
Sturgeon's law : 90% of Everything is Crap
Jul 20, 2014 9:51 AM

Feb 2014
Very enjoyable episode, definitely a nice watch. The series started out a little boring, but these last 2 episodes definitely made up for it. Overall enjoyment: 9/10.

Rueby said:
Reiko was acting strange with all the forgetting thing, I didn't REALLY see it coming though. But this is like temporally? It'd happen next year too. . .

And like, what actually brings the 'dead' back to life? Is it like vengeance or something? I don't know!

It was clearly stated that during Calamities memories/records/etc was altered.

Yes, it was temporary. At some point in the near future another Calamity will start. However for that Calamity they should know how to deal with it (find and kill the extra) and hopefully they'll listen to the advice and talk it over calmly.

26 years ago a popular boy died. No one would accept this, so they all pretended he was still present. By acknowledging his presence, even though he was dead, they invited his spirit to join them. This phenomenon got stuck with the class so it was always tightly connected to the realm of the dead.
I rarely revisit threads, so if you're after a reply you should PM me or post a comment on my profile.
Jul 20, 2014 10:08 AM

Jun 2013
Solid horror anime. The only problem I had was how silly the violence got near the end, and how improbably the two leads kept avoiding death. 8/10
Jul 20, 2014 7:46 PM
May 2014
Not going to lie I really didn't like this anime. Just because I felt the plot was really weak.

I give it a 6/10 because it did some things right, but man there was so much about it I just found to be irritating. This is probably the most annoyed I've been at an anime in a while.
YokaSolJul 20, 2014 7:53 PM
Aug 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Jan 2014
I LOL'd at the part where the guy got out from under the chandelier and then ALMOST got away and a giant wooden pole just pancaked him. hahaha. Wait, does that make me weird and creepy?

I like this anime, I'm not usually into horror anime but I can admit that this is a good anime in the horror genre. I hear there is a 2015 coming out soon, maybe? I don't know what in the world they would put in the season 2, maybe the calamity hasn't stopped? But if season 2 comes out I'd be glad to see some romance between Mei and Kouichi!

8/10 anime
Aug 9, 2014 6:25 AM
Aug 2013
Amazing conclusion to a great anime where everything tied together. Didn't except to be Reiko but now I get the old man and the bird words made for the hint of who the extra was...
To not forget the ending with the videocassette they left for the other classes .. very well done.
EviBAug 9, 2014 2:18 PM
Sanity... what would I do with a useless thing like that?
Aug 12, 2014 9:02 PM

Apr 2014
I've been plottwisted! I felt they could have took this show so many directions, but I think they made the right choice; it was so fun to watch After they did the flashbacks I felt dumb for not catching she was the teacher. I was thinking it was the countermeasure girl for the last few episodes, I'm glad she died though. Grey haired librarian "This is not normal",,lol:P Loved this series overall, kept me hooked.
---------My Profile------------
Aug 18, 2014 12:57 AM

Jul 2008
Holy crap Mikami and Reiko were the same person, never saw that coming. Then after she was assaulted I thought she was already dead.

If a sequel series is made, maybe next time they actually break the curse. Either way that is one hell of a curse when it alters memories like that.

Pleasently surprised by this series. I'm typically not a fan of horror, but I love a good who-dun-it mystery.

8/10
WolfWood37Aug 18, 2014 1:00 AM
Aug 21, 2014 12:52 AM
Mar 2011
They didn't explain Mei's ability. It would have been very useful if they could replicate it.

And by the way, it's strange that it's considered a horror show. Is it because of the dolls? Nothing was really scary. Yeah, perhaps in Japan they have another definition of the horror genre, on the other hand I thought that even a manga, Fuan no Tane, was scarier...
Aug 27, 2014 1:55 PM

Jul 2012
Ah, another show where the ideas/premise are spectacular but the execution wasn't on par. 6/10

I found that this show lacked logic and solid pacing. The show kept on teasing the ideas and then info-dumping it at us viewers and then adding another mystery, and repeating this step, without the stuff that mystery shows should do (foreshadowing, red herrings etc.) instead.

I feel like it was too focused on the shock factor, which didn't work that well either because the show was too "cute" and over the top. I think that it would be more successful if it had more imagery and less time for the characters acting stupid and wild.

And logic... There were a lot of things that the characters did that was just unwise, like when the main guy stuck in a fire, he pulls out his CELL PHONE to call Misaki. Is that really the right time to call her? Another big one I thought of was that there was a lot of plot armor being used, such as Misaki not using her second eye to be able to find the extra student right away. The show purposely made her wait till the last episode to actually reveal it when she had the ability to find the culprit from the start.

I would also point out this show is really anticlimatic because there is barely any buildup to the ending (compared to other mystery dramas like Shinsekai Yori where all of the earlier episodes supported the big finale)

But don't get me wrong, I did like it overall. It was fun to watch this show, hence why I finished it in two days. It was quite entertaining and the music was really fitting.
MayukaAug 27, 2014 10:03 PM
Sep 5, 2014 12:30 PM
Sep 2014
loved it! great watch 5/5
Sep 13, 2014 12:03 AM

Sep 2014
Can someone please explain to me what the can scene was all about 1 1/2 years ago? Why doesn't he remember that. Did I miss something crucial?

Anyway, the ending was sad, but I enjoyed the show. I should note that most endings make me feel sad regardless of the outcome.
Sep 13, 2014 12:07 AM

Oct 2008
notsomacho said:
Can someone please explain to me what the can scene was all about 1 1/2 years ago? Why doesn't he remember that. Did I miss something crucial?

Probably because at that certain time he was shocked about his aunts actual death and since due to how the whole "Another" person was explained it changes the memories of the people closely involved to them.
Sep 16, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2014
so it's stopped? just for the rest of the year? it will start again next year? nothing changed for the teachers i guess, why don't they completely remove 9th class? why will anyone go to the school like that?
Sep 16, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2012
Abhishantz said:
so it's stopped? just for the rest of the year? it will start again next year? nothing changed for the teachers i guess, why don't they completely remove 9th class? why will anyone go to the school like that?

#animelogic
Sep 17, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2013
one of the best conclusion to an anime ever
Sep 18, 2014 10:13 PM
Apr 2013
notsomacho said:

Anyway, the ending was sad, but I enjoyed the show. I should note that most endings make me feel sad regardless of the outcome.

It was because the events regarding 1 1/2 years ago was very closely related to the phenomenon. You should note that the reason he was there was for Reiko's funeral. Re-watch it if possible. There are hints all over the place after all. People watching it for the first time just aren't able to see it. But it's THERE.

I'm just miffed that Asakawa died. Really. Her death was pretty much nonsense.
Well, the whole episode 11 and 12 was pretty much messed up. Like it wasn't given that much thought at all.
Sep 27, 2014 2:31 PM
May 2014
Sry BRO YOU FLUNKED ! HAVE FUN NEXT YEAR!
Sep 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
I'm really impressed about Reiko-san be the death person... I was not even expecting it. In the end everyone forgot who she was, except Sakakibara-kun and Misaki-san ... The last chapter had a great ending, loved it immensely. This anime has my respect it's 10/10 for all performances, and all the emotions caused by the tears cried.
PS: I had not even noticed that Mikami-sensei was Reiko-san.
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
Oct 19, 2014 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
That was shocking, i mean why ? why must Reiko and Akazawa died ? they're both my favorites !

My mind still can't keep up untill now, such mindblowing finale. And there's no need for a 2nd season, it ended perfectly with just one season i think.

Overall score 10/10, more anime like this one pleaseee ♥
Oct 21, 2014 4:41 PM

Oct 2010
What I don't get is why did the manager's wife of the hotel, or whoever, go crazy and start killing people in the last episode and this one?

Oct 25, 2014 8:10 PM

Aug 2014
namiepants said:
What I don't get is why did the manager's wife of the hotel, or whoever, go crazy and start killing people in the last episode and this one?

They were relatives to a student who died which left them mentally unstable.
Oct 26, 2014 5:46 PM
Feb 2013
wow, that was pretty stupid. I mean, these kids just calmly walk around in a full on flames house, obviously the ones who made this don't know that the thing that kills people in nearly all such incidents is first and foremost the smoke!! They'd be long dead and gone if this was reality.

And this time it was a freaking mass murder, how many left in the class now, like 5?? Lol, kinda seemed pointless how everyone dropped like flies in the last few seconds, plus they should have left a tip for the next class thats going to end up with the curse

overall 6/10, the anime lacked in the feelings department for my taste, they got so quickly over the horrible deaths they witnessed and would be laughing and smiling next day, and didn't feel like the relationships between the characters were genuine, then again this is the case in many animes. Plus the characters made some pretty stupid and unwise desicions all the time. Plot holes and unanswered questions also remain.
DesirelessOct 26, 2014 6:03 PM
Oct 28, 2014 12:10 PM
Apr 2013
antoniocaiee said:
Sry BRO YOU FLUNKED ! HAVE FUN NEXT YEAR!

hahaha best twist ever
Oct 30, 2014 2:20 PM

Oct 2010
archerzee said:
They were relatives to a student who died which left them mentally unstable.

Oh, I remember something being said about them at the end when they were at the grave, I just wasn't listening well.

Thanks. ^_^

Nov 4, 2014 9:24 AM

Feb 2013
mayukachan said:

And logic... There were a lot of things that the characters did that was just unwise, like when the main guy stuck in a fire, he pulls out his CELL PHONE to call Misaki.

Not to mention everyone should have died from smoke inhalation from being in a burning building that long
gedataNov 4, 2014 9:31 AM
Nov 7, 2014 11:59 PM

Jun 2014
Is there a reason why there isn't a 4th floor in the hospital? I kept thinking that it was important throughout the series haha
Nov 18, 2014 5:59 PM
Mar 2014
Venom45528 said:
Is there a reason why there isn't a 4th floor in the hospital? I kept thinking that it was important throughout the series haha

4 in japanese is "shi", which sounds exactly as the word for death, "shi". It's a superstition to not put 4th floors in hospitals. Also, floors 7 ("shichi", pronounced almost exactly as "shi") and 9 ("ku/kyuu", which sounds like "ku", which means suffering)
Nov 19, 2014 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
What an ending! I did not see that one coming at all. Great twist, loved the tension and how it always kept me guessing. Hopefully Mei and Sakakibara end up ok (and Teshi and Mochizuki, they were pretty good characters as well).

But with them putting the CD there, could it signal a potential season 2? I could see it being that or a nice full circle conclusion. Either way, great show, glad to have found it. I'll definitely recommend this to my friends.

Edit: Just bought it on bluray! Woohoo that's my first anime bluray :D
jdimaria3Dec 7, 2014 9:54 AM
Nov 20, 2014 6:28 PM

Jun 2014
drkztan said:
Venom45528 said:

4 in japanese is "shi", which sounds exactly as the word for death, "shi". It's a superstition to not put 4th floors in hospitals. Also, floors 7 ("shichi", pronounced almost exactly as "shi") and 9 ("ku/kyuu", which sounds like "ku", which means suffering)

Oh okay thanks for the info! I had no idea that there was that much superstition.
Nov 26, 2014 10:10 PM

Jul 2012
9/10 Youichi and Mei never kissed ;_; I never wanted a kiss more than i did at the end of this show and it never happened. Why... WHY... I feel so incomplete right now. (I am kind of a sucker for romance especially in such an unforgiving tale such as this one and Elfen Lied, ect.)
Nov 30, 2014 2:55 AM
Sep 2014
So.....if she just said something in the beginning or looked at everyone with her eye and told him. They could have figured it out so much sooner and not have that bloodbath. Then again there wouldn't be anime if it was that logical.
Pages (21) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.