Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Jan 15, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2012
JavierR said:
this show got extremely ridiculous at the end, the suspense died and became a lolfest 7/10 for making me lol

I agree, the last few episodes were really weak compared to the start of the series.

Overall it had great animation, as expected of PA Works. Story was great but started to get a bit stale as the series progressed, smooth ending that cleared everything up. I wish that countermeasures chick had survived, I liked that bitch. Also loved that hint of romance at the very end.

9/10
Jan 16, 2013 1:57 PM

Apr 2012
The last two episodes were a slight disappointment compared to the rest of the series, but I have to admit I never suspected that the "extra" would be a teacher OR that Ms. Mikami was Reiko (although looking back there are clues in the dialogue etc, they didn't even have the same hair colour) so they get points for a twist ending!

I definitely preferred the quiet intensity of the earlier episodes (I jumped a few times while watching!) compared to the all-out chaos of the last two, but it wasn't enough to ruin it for me (nor were the possible plotholes, haha).

Perhaps most importantly for me, all my favourite characters survived something for once! My favourites were Mochizuki, Teshigawara, and Chibiki, and I was pretty certain all three of them were going to die at various points. That was a relief!

Also, I have to agree that Mei's smile at the end seemed a little... off. She didn't exactly seem happy, or relieved, or reassured, it seemed like a creepy knowing smile to me. Maybe we're all reading into it too much and that's how she shows unbridled joy, but in this series, I doubt it.

8/10 overall for me!
Jan 18, 2013 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
Really liked this anime despite the ending.. Still a 10/10 for me.
Still waiting for [img] to work..
Jan 19, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2011
doesn't everyone memories about reiko supposed to be altered ? Then why the granpas remember that reiko is dead ?
Jan 21, 2013 12:50 PM

Jun 2012
one of the best and coolest series out there if you ask me

and who doesn't hope for a second season i sure do :)
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 27, 2013 12:47 PM
Nov 2012
the ending isn't what i expected. but i think it would of been a little with a little bit a of romance between the two of them at the end
Jan 28, 2013 5:33 AM

Dec 2012
Sakakibara doesn't remember he killed Reiko 2 years ago? WTF??

Feb 6, 2013 5:49 AM

Dec 2009
GianPacayra said:
Sakakibara doesn't remember he killed Reiko 2 years ago? WTF??

Kouichi was not the one who killed Reiko ^^;;...
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?
Join the Another Q&A Club now and find your answers there!

Feb 11, 2013 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
Can someone tell me how Reiko's father remembered that she died the first time?
I didn't understand how come Reiko was living in the same house has her parents and kouichi, her father couldn't see her or what?
Feb 21, 2013 8:50 PM

Dec 2009
azzyzx said:
doesn't everyone memories about reiko supposed to be altered ? Then why the granpas remember that reiko is dead ?

ruimoreira said:
Can someone tell me how Reiko's father remembered that she died the first time?
I didn't understand how come Reiko was living in the same house has her parents and kouichi, her father couldn't see her or what?

I answered the questions in the Another Q&A club here:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=557353
Have Questions about Another(eg the cause of the Calamity ?the clues about the Another? etc)?

Feb 23, 2013 9:41 AM

Jul 2012
Wow. What a series. I thought it was Akazawa this episode. I was rooting for her to stay alive though. Her death was so damn sad. :(

I must have missed the hints that Reiko was the student teacher because evidently people knew that. Sad it was her too. Why do the cute ones always gotta die?

Final score: 8/10
Feb 26, 2013 12:56 PM
Feb 2013
Is Kouichi the same person who killed Reiko and if not why didn't he remember being in Yomiyama 1.5 year ago?

He really looks like Kouichi

The only logical explanation is that Reiko's murderer is identical to Kouichi and whoever thought he had met Kouichi 1.5 year ago, actually met Reiko's murderer.
TheBigBadWolfFeb 27, 2013 12:03 PM
Feb 28, 2013 9:31 AM

Dec 2009
TheBigBadWolf said:
The only logical explanation is that Reiko's murderer is identical to Kouichi and whoever thought he had met Kouichi 1.5 year ago, actually met Reiko's murderer.

I wonder how you came to this "logical" conclusion since this is ,obviously, not really the case...^^;

Mar 3, 2013 9:25 PM
May 2012
What a series. I can't believe that she was the extra person. I thought it could only be students though? Oh well, whatever. This is weird. At the same time, I feel like the story has been completed, but it also left me wanting more. Sadly, I don't think there will be more written, but crazier things have happened, so you never know.
TigertrbMar 3, 2013 9:30 PM
Mar 5, 2013 12:37 AM
Feb 2013
-Riri- said:
I wonder how you came to this "logical" conclusion since this is ,obviously, not really the case...^^;

And what is the case? How could you explain that Kouichi didn't remember being in Yomiyama before?
Mar 11, 2013 1:15 AM

Sep 2011
Overall good show. Lots of killings, people getting overwhelmed by grief and the such. Portrayed it pretty well.

Misaki Mei<3.

9/10
Mar 15, 2013 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
TheBigBadWolf said:
-Riri- said:

And what is the case? How could you explain that Kouichi didn't remember being in Yomiyama before?

well, isn't it obvious as to why Kouichi didn't remember being in Yomiyama before...
This is the part of the phenomenon, people's memories get altered...
and he WAS in Yomiyama one and a half years ago to attend Reiko's funeral, and his father actually remembered it.

Mar 15, 2013 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
woah woah woah!!!!!! Okay so you guys are saying the one who killed reiko wasn't koichi (however u spell his name) it was a guy who looked like him. Notice how akazawa(hate that bit*h:P I found her annoying) said she saw him wearing another uniform. and how he doesn't remember her..... I think it was the guy who killed reiko that akazawa say.....
Mar 17, 2013 1:16 PM

Dec 2009
Melizekichan55 said:
woah woah woah!!!!!! Okay so you guys are saying the one who killed reiko wasn't koichi (however u spell his name) it was a guy who looked like him. Notice how akazawa(hate that bit*h:P I found her annoying) said she saw him wearing another uniform. and how he doesn't remember her..... I think it was the guy who killed reiko that akazawa say.....

How does wearing another uniform have to do with his being the killer thou? Kouichi was wearing a different uniform 1.5 years ago because he was attending a school in Tokyo so of course he was wearing a different school uniform.
-Riri-Mar 17, 2013 1:50 PM

Mar 21, 2013 5:21 AM

Jul 2008
It's a shame that the last two episodes were so crappy, otherwise it was a great anime. I personally hoped that Mei would die too, since she's responsible for all the deaths that occured because she kept what would've saved everyone's lives to herself. Oh, and if this is how the MC defends himself if someone tries to kill him then he should've died too.
Mar 21, 2013 6:34 PM
Aug 2012
does the ending mean we knew who the other was from one of the very early episodes when kouichis grnd parents where prying for reiko yet somehow he cldnt work tht out when he knw she was mikami and also he did worry for her at all the hole series even though she cld have been a victim kinda odd rlly

the episode was a prtty gd ending even tho it was over i felt like they where going to leave it on a cliff hanger in which mei sees the color of death on kouichi or tatsuji when he jokes about it being over seems like a jynx to me i also had it in my head tht they wld both jst randomly get killed and for some reason by a truck of all
things wierd minds ay.

the next class 3 wont have mei in it but still have the information tht to stop the curse they gotta return the dead to death so will they all die in a similiar battle royale way. if there was tht much death for tht class why not stop the class
kingfelix92Mar 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Mar 23, 2013 12:20 AM
Jul 2018

How many of class 3 was left?
Poor students. I never thought that Reiko herself was the teacher.

8/10
Mar 27, 2013 11:09 AM

Jul 2012
I laughed at the guy who escaped from the candelabrum only to be killed by the wood stand. I was like ''I cannot be that easy'' 5 steps later splash! ''Now thats what i m talking about''
Mar 31, 2013 4:45 AM
Mar 2013
Did anybody notice the part where Akazawa hit Kouichi with the can, on episode 10 he was wearing hospital clothes and on episode 12 he was wearing a school uniform? I can't seem to get that one :/

And also on episode 12, did Mei saw the "color of death" on Azakawa? Does that mean she can see all the people who is near-death?

Note: No need to answer the one on the 2nd paragraph, I discovered already at the OVA >_<
monoeyeMar 31, 2013 5:42 AM
Mar 31, 2013 9:14 AM
Aug 2011
What a bullshit, especially the outro. Sure, now that you said them to be careful about decisions, they will act completely rational. -_-

monoeye said:
Did anybody notice the part where Akazawa hit Kouichi with the can, on episode 10 he was wearing hospital clothes and on episode 12 he was wearing a school uniform? I can't seem to get that one :/

And also on episode 12, did Mei saw the "color of death" on Azakawa? Does that mean she can see all the people who is near-death?

Note: No need to answer the one on the 2nd paragraph, I discovered already at the OVA >_<

You didn't need the OVA. She said that herself in the series.
Mar 31, 2013 9:16 AM
Mar 2013
But regarding the first question, do you know the answer?
Mar 31, 2013 9:26 AM
Aug 2011
No, actually I couldn't come up with a reasonable one for that. But I don't understand why he would come all the way with his school uniform. There is no reason for him to be in hospital clothes either.
Mar 31, 2013 10:49 AM
Mar 2013
Haha yeah right? Maybe it would be reasonable if he was wearing funeral clothes since that event occured at 1 year and a half when Reiko died.
Apr 10, 2013 3:24 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
Is it just me, or does it the guy who killed Reiko look a lot like Kouichi? Just a thought. I know it probably isn't him, but they do look kinda similar.
Apr 13, 2013 10:00 PM
Apr 2013
Wow I am surprised that so many people think that Reiko's killer is Kouichi. First off, Kouichi didn't even have a motive for killing her! If he really was the murderer, there would have been an explanation to why he did it. Secondly, Kouichi and the killer have different color hair! (Kouichi: Brown, Killer: Black)
Apr 14, 2013 10:56 AM

Apr 2013
The killer was Izumi's cousin and it is just a drawing issue.
Izumi remembers Sakakibara 'cuz he was 1 year and a half ago at Reiko's funeral.We all know that the dead one alters others memories and thats why Kouichi doesnt remember the moment when they met nor if he was in town 1 year and a half ago.
FluffyFleshApr 15, 2013 2:11 AM
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 14, 2013 10:46 PM

Dec 2009
BloodyNightsky said:
The killer was Izumi's brother

That's just so not true... -____-; where did you even get this idea? by guessing?

Apr 15, 2013 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
-Riri- said:
BloodyNightsky said:

That's just so not true... -____-; where did you even get this idea? by guessing?

Simple.Kazuma Akazawa - mental unstable -> a mental unstable murderer killed Reiko.He is the only mental unstable character in the manga and the portrait of the killer resembles his looks,and fits the insanity part.He killed Reiko and afterwards he commited suicide,simple as that.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Apr 18, 2013 11:25 AM
Nov 2012
Worth a series to watch though it only send shivers to me two times thus rendering the horror genre useless. Asides from that, the story was really nice aswell as the sound. The Artwork was just amazing.

It truly deserved a 10/10 if it weren't for the calamity being left unexplained and showed a bit more of epilogue along with bit more horror and thrill from the episodes earlier than 10.

8/10 for me.
Apr 19, 2013 1:54 AM

Dec 2009
BloodyNightsky said:
-Riri- said:
BloodyNightsky said:

Simple.Kazuma Akazawa - mental unstable -> a mental unstable murderer killed Reiko.He is the only mental unstable character in the manga and the portrait of the killer resembles his looks,and fits the insanity part.He killed Reiko and afterwards he commited suicide,simple as that.

Even simpler, this.

Apr 19, 2013 6:38 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting,what makes you think he wasnt the dead one of that year?
Dont get me wrong,I'm not arguing with you I like these kind of conversations.I forgot where I read it but he wasnt in quite good regards with Reiko.I'm well aware that it sounds stupid he commited suicide first,then came back and again suicide.The killer was definitely a student of her....so it's normal that you suspect the one that had something with her.
FluffyFleshApr 19, 2013 6:50 AM
Apr 20, 2013 9:25 PM

May 2012
im not into horror thats why i watch it late.. but surprisingly very good series..
didnt expect reiko is the extra and shes their homeroom teacher, i like reiko though shes hottie :)

Apr 24, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
honestly it was a biitter sweet ending honestly i thought the whole making reiko the dead person was an ass pull but reasonable i think i wouldn't have wanted anyone else to be the dead person
Apr 29, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
The second half of the show had me worried that the ending is gonna lack the strength and quality that I'd seen in the first few episodes; Thankfully the show was wrapped up decently compared to what I expected. It's sad though that the initial potential I saw in the first half was wasted to some levels in my opinion and as the show progressed plot holes kept showing up. Only because of the first few episodes, I'll give this anime a 7/10.
P0Y0Apr 30, 2013 10:30 AM
May 5, 2013 5:42 AM

Feb 2013
I can't believe the extra person is that person!
The ending was unexpected since it bore a resemblance to Final Destination. I thought everybody would die at the end.
This anime is awesome,shocking and creepy,but awesome!

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
May 5, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2009
i liked this but loys gaps in logic & still lots of questions on the calamity made the ending all unsatisfying not bad but like most animes with twists seem more then alil unexpected imo still enjoyable to watch just the last 2 eps kinda bugged me.

wished i watched the prequel 1st it answered some of my questions bout misaki mid season
May 6, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2009
Epic finale.

I really thought it was Akazawa. Still feel bad since she was one of my favourite characters. I also did not expect Reiko to be Ms. Mikami or the Another.

I'll rate this series an 8/10. Interesting, crazy and disturbing.
Kikoman589Oct 9, 2013 2:28 PM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
May 14, 2013 10:15 AM
Apr 2012
i'm on the fence for this anime...i took a long break last year till yesterday from the world of anime and i chose this one as my coming back series...and well i don't know if i liked it or not...usually i don't want the series to end or i feel like it's come to a natural end....but in "Another" i feel empty in the end...people died...then BOOM! the killer is revealed and i don't feel anything... so yeah i dunno i'm very indecisive about this one...
May 15, 2013 10:16 AM
May 2013
Tsumayouji said:
GeilRugner said:
I knew that "Another" was going to be great right from the start. And it was. But...
I only read the last few pages of this thread but it seems that most of you agree that while the show was great, it suffered from severe plot holes. Sadly these are so huge that I cannot ignore them even though I'd really like to.
Why did the author put in so many red herrings, of sorts? Why, I ask?

1) Sakikabara obviously murdered Reiko (why?) during his mysterious stay 1,5 years ago. Which significance does it have for the plot that he was there but can't remember it? Is it to "explain" the murder of Reiko? If so, no motive is given. At one point I thought Akazawa was the extra because she met him but he doesn't remem- no! It doesn't matter how you look at it, a can was opened and then left on the kitchen table.

2) Why does the grandmother at the summer house suddenly turn batshit insane? Because she's "emotionally unstable" !? Come on...

3) The homeroom teacher is not a "victim" of the curse. It's suicide.

4) How is the relationship between Misaki and her twin important enough to get its own OVA rather than, oh I don't know, maybe the events 25 years ago involving Reiko and Ritsuko?

And other minor things. Still! I loved it and I give 9/10 :)

Agreed about the plot-holes (the Kouichi stuff in particular is very head-scratch worthy). And yeah! It totally bugged me that house keeper went nuts. I mean, maybe they were implying she lost it after her husband died, but how the crap did that even happen? Was he a victim of the curse? His death was really graphic and it's implied he was murdered, but if so, by whom? And for what purpose? It's not like he could have possibly been the extra, so the two house keepers roles made natta sense to me.

As an aside, does anyone know the actual final body count from the summer house? In the final episode, in the subtitled version I watched, Chibiki said there were 10 total for Aug (including the two house keepers). But by my count, there were at least 12. (Remember that we see four students smashed by the chandelier, and then one is crushed again by the pillar). So 4 there, plus burned dude, plus 2 dead by Kazami, 2 house keepers, Izumi, Izumi's friend (something with an S, I don't recall her exact name), plus girl who fell from balcony were all for sure dead. Then Kazami may or may not have died also. Soooo, did anyone else notice a death count inconsistency with this last episode? It was just something that's kinda bothered me.

Im not sure if this has been mentioned yet but Ive seen a lot of questions asking why the grandmother at that mansion when batshit crazy. I have a theory.

Its also related to the homeroom teather and whether his suicide was the curse. It could that bother of them going batshit crazy is part of the curse, one kills himself and his mother and the other burns the mansion and tries to slaughter everyone
May 15, 2013 10:23 AM
May 2013
supereditorkyon said:
Last two episodes are 100% disappointment to me. People are dying yet they doesn't seem to care. Where's the adrenaline rush? Someone's going to kill you yet you can't run just because of a cut on your leg? It's not like your whole leg was cut off! Someone tried to kill another person, yet you let her escape like it was nothing. You're going to check if your classmate's fine after falling from the second floor, but all you did was walk. Are you sure you're concerned about him? There's a fire, the fire alarm is not working, so the right thing to do was tell the others about it... casually? Yes, because a building on fire is not an emergency.

I know all of that were tropes, but it's f------ ridiculous.

Yes yes yes! Its a bit fake, no one gave a shit about anything lol, but I wasnt dissapointed though, just really annoyed at the lack of realism.

O hey look, people are dead and theres a fire downstairs, lets keep chatting

when they finally decide to tell everyone so people can run outside to safety...we'll knock on the doors one by one and walk in a quiet manner, wtf? the normal reactions would be shouting down the hallway kicking the doors open
Jun 3, 2013 6:13 AM

May 2013
/Finished this series in one day at 4 am so may have missed some important information by the lack of sleep XD Therefor terribly sorry if what I'm asking was very obvious within the series:

I found it strange Mei did not told others any sooner of her eye's capability's. She could have prevented a lot of unnecessary death's if she weren't that slow with revealing the information. Also kinda sad they will eventually forget all of it. The series had a lot of resemblance with Final Destination in the death scene's sence and the show deserves another season since the Curse of class 3 still exists. They could as well just have sent the non existent person to another school if their lives were at risk. Or all move out of the city.. Or let them attent class 3 at another town (Maybe that won't lift the curse, but they could've at least tried) And of course the main character's/Katsumi could have left a tape-recorder for themselves in their room to keep their memories or write them down in a book. Found it strange the tape-recorder did not break or anything and still am clueless as for why the voices from Sakakibara's cellphone slowly faded and darkened randomely a lot of times. Also a lot of the times the characters acted a bit too calm oppose to their situation imo. And why did Izumi lost her memory of Sakakibara? Also the doll's seemed to cause a bit unnecessary creepiness if not for the symbolism. Especially for the weird storekeeper saying the same line and why doesn't the store have any other customers? >_< Still it deserves a 9/10
AnehimJun 3, 2013 6:17 AM
Jun 24, 2013 9:58 AM

Dec 2012
9/10. Extremely interesting all the way to the very end. There are many tense and nervous moments. The only reason why I didn't give it 10 are some missing links - the curse could have been expanded more, and also Akazawa's back story could have been developed more. Also, it didn't give the 'epic' feeling that I had in the only anime I gave a '10' - Death Note.
Jun 30, 2013 8:44 PM

Jan 2010
Cloudy-Sky said:
Ugh i really loved it. But it seems i missed something. someone explain me why

Thanks! you are the first person to notice it! I also feeled confused about it but I still feel that could be important to the story and they didn't use it
Jul 5, 2013 10:33 AM
Jun 2013
Just finished the anime today. I know, I'm late T_T, but it was really amazing and great. After seeing the little scene where Teshigawara and Mochizuki leaves the recording for future classes, it made me excited for a possible season 2 :0 does anyone know if it'll happen? also I didn't get why the woman at the place they stayed on the trip tried killing them... they must have explained it or something but I guess I didn't catch it. Welp this anime was really awesome, hopefully I'll try to read the manga soon. :P
Jul 15, 2013 4:57 PM

Aug 2008
It was all rather forced, Mei knowing who it was all along, most of this crap didn't need to happen to begin with. But gotta have a story. Can ignore that and enjoy it. 8/10 for me.
Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.