Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2012 1:39 PM

May 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

EDIT: So, wait, they NEVER told us that the teacher was Reiko?
lol same here, nvr thought the teacher was Reiko herself, I though it was another person, good to hear that not only me thought of this lol
Apr 17, 2012 10:18 AM
Dec 2011
Why on earth did that lady turn into a butcher, that was random
Apr 18, 2012 8:35 PM

Oct 2008
I dropped this when it was airing half way around episode 3. The creators were trying to make ALL SCENES scary and spooky, which in the end made none of the scenes scary at all. It made me actually sleepy...

I heard it gets better, so I picked it back up. I was still kind of annoyed by the constant used of spooky music... But the deaths certainly were interesting and once the true premise of the show came out, I was significantly more interested.

The last 3 episodes were kind of a massive bloodbath, but I really liked how crazy and delusional they made the students. The death scenes were rather original and diverse. However, the function of Mei's eye was kind of predictable and the reason why she didn't tell Sakakibara was really flimsy. The whole static phone thing and sudden line cuts were also really overused and frankly, there was way too many random snapshots of supposedly spooky dolls...

All in all, it was really over the top, it wasn't scary at all, some portions were overly predictable... But what kept me watching was the death cliffhangers, the mystery behind the extra and the fact that just like Sakakibara, you really didn't know who to trust. Discussions about who was the extras were the best part of this anime.
OmniknightApr 18, 2012 8:38 PM
Apr 19, 2012 1:02 AM

Feb 2011
They should do a prequel like 26 years ago this is how it's started. ppfff

Such a waste for Akazawa I already have the feeling that she might die sooner but I'm hoping for her to stay alive.

9/10

Indeed scares me.

and I doubt that Sakakibara who killed Reiko-san if there's a suspect closed Reiko's Death it would be Akazawa's brother for disappearing, he probably gone somewhere or killed his self after committing the crime.
Apr 19, 2012 3:07 PM
Nov 2009
Wauw, I honestly didn't expect an ending like this :o
What a massacre... Overall I loved Another, it was an enjoyable show and I'm glad I waited so I could see all the episodes in a row =3
I always like to see how people's attitude change when they're facing death.
Apr 19, 2012 5:11 PM

Jan 2010
I thought it was red pigtail girl the whole time.
Welp.
Anyway, what a total mindfuck: it was Reiko!
I had no idea she was the teacher too.
Ahh, sadly the anime is at an end. >:
I hope there is a sequel though!
Apr 20, 2012 9:05 AM

Jan 2012
Well, I can't help but say I liked it. Gore was great, plot was decent.... good characters, too. Interesting how people can snap out of so much emotional stress and kill--loved that element.

On the downside, there were a few parts that sort of made it frustrating:

• Did not answer what happens afterwords.
  • Why is the curse even occurring?
  • Why not just destroy the school and build elsewhere?
  • It dragged on with who the extra was. Probably half the time spent in episode eleven -- before half the characters went nuts and tried to kill Mei -- could have been removed. Say who the extra is, kill her and get on with it. But, I suppose it's quite probable that Sakikabara would have not believed Mei had he not killed Reiko at the exact point the memories came flooding in.

Overall, I'll give it a 9/10 because of the positives. I've put it in my favorites for now, but it's a rather weak one.
Apr 20, 2012 11:16 AM

Dec 2010
great ending..though they could have explained more about this whole "phenomenon"
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
Apr 20, 2012 2:42 PM
Apr 2012
Great mystery/horror.

8.5/10 for the series, from me.

couple things that could have been removed, and a few things that should have been added.

Anyways, i think they set it up perfectly for a second season, even though i doubt they will have one.
Apr 20, 2012 6:00 PM

Nov 2010
Does anybody know why the girl-that-got-killed-by-umbrella-in-stairway freaked out and ran when she saw Mei and Kouichi? I don't think it was ever made clear...
KelvetsApr 20, 2012 6:30 PM
Apr 21, 2012 4:52 AM
Dec 2007
Kelvets said:
Does anybody know why the girl-that-got-killed-by-umbrella-in-stairway freaked out and ran when she saw Mei and Kouichi? I don't think it was ever made clear...
She got a call that her mothers had a car accident and first thing she sees out of the classroom is Kouichi talking to the "unexistent" girl. I say she got scared realizing the curse "had begun".

Apr 21, 2012 10:53 PM

Jun 2011
I kinda wish to have a second season with Sasakibara Kouichi and Misaki Mei as the main characters again, with them breaking the curse, and with more romance developement between them too. Imo, its such a waste of Misaki's artificial eye if she does not use it to break the curse, since she can see the colour of death, which the others could not..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 22, 2012 5:39 AM

Nov 2011
Kind of thought that the parrot saying Reiko was suspicious but I shrugged it off because she wasn't part of the class. But I guess she was lol.

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Apr 22, 2012 5:55 AM

Oct 2009
TIBIKO MY MAN! HE SAVED TESHIGAWARA, AND I LIKE HIM!
9/10.

Kurimu-chan said:
You know, I never realized that the teacher was Reiko herself.

._____.

あらあら。。。
Apr 22, 2012 6:21 AM

Apr 2012
WHY DID AKAZAWA DIE--

WHY--

THAT WAS UNNECESSARY--

It felt a bit suddenly bright and wonderful after Reiko died, which was sort of disconcerting XD. Don't think I'll be watching horror very much... though I think this was worth it for episode eleven. How the heck did that not scare me when the dolls had me nearly wetting myself LOL I'm so strange...

I'm glad they zoomed out for Reiko's death, though. It wouldn't have worked if they piled the gore onto that.

I guess they've made a sequel possible... I don't think it's needed.

Mhmm, pretty good. Would've been better if I enjoyed being scared LOL. Sort of proud of myself for watching it all and not wimping out though... =w=
Apr 28, 2012 5:30 PM

May 2010
idk wat to say really.. the hysteria, the mass death. it was nice to watch but i just can't help but think that it all could have been avoided if misaki would've just pointed out who was dead in the 1st place. idk.. i know that she didn't wanna hurt sakikabara or w/e but cmon. 20 people dead cause of her lol.

8/10 cause i did really enjoy this anime. but man, i honestly started laughing when everyone started going crazy. in my mind was just like wtf is going on and then they find out who another is and it's just.. dam. anime just didn't feel right but i definitely enjoyed it.
Apr 28, 2012 8:46 PM
May 2009
/drops jaw
/stunned silence
/standing ovation

one of the best anime series ive seen. i havent enjoyed a series quite like this in a long time, like many i figured it was going to be akazawa. while i wish they would tie up a few loose ends im quite satisfied with the outcome. im told the manga and the novel story differ greatly and if they are as half as good as the anime i look forward to reading them.
Apr 29, 2012 11:25 AM
Apr 2012
R.I.P : Reiko , Sugiura , Akazawa :'(

So , they thought that Mei is the dead one because they didn't know that the curse had started a month before the glasses-girl died :o

That wasn't a simple neutral episode *.*

Sad because it's just 12 episodes :( wish the n° was the inverse at least :3

Anyway , it's the best anime I've seen these two last weeks ♥

The end !
Kira-fApr 29, 2012 11:58 AM
Apr 29, 2012 11:50 AM

Jun 2011
Ah man, I was like WHERE IS THE KISS when the last episode ended :(
Apr 29, 2012 12:09 PM
May 2009
had a decent discussion about this in vent last night, i had a theory about the countermeasure, forgive me if this has been postulated already but i cant be arsed to go through 32 pages:

Apr 29, 2012 7:19 PM

Dec 2011
I'm usually skeptical when I see animes being only 12 episodes.
But this one was beyond exceptional.
I got lured into watching the next episode after finishing each one.
Felt the ending was done pretty well without really any holes.
Thinking of reading the manga sometime when I find the time.
Apr 30, 2012 4:57 PM

Sep 2011
Lazu said:
RayanaXx said:
Why don't they just close the damn school? Someone explain please T_T

Exactly. Why?! It's so stupid.

The students weren't supposed to tell anyone about the curse, or else they'd have a chance of dying (prime example: heart attack kid). This is stated when Sakakibara talks to Mei.

Well, overall thoughts: 'Twas a good show, I really enjoyed it. It wasn't Death Note-clever or anything, but it sure was entertaining to me. I give it an 8/10.
May 1, 2012 6:40 AM

May 2010
9/10.

If you're going to put up a show of torture...I'm sorry, but I'd rather leave the stage. – Furude Rika, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
May 2, 2012 9:26 AM

Aug 2009
Come on.. the last 2 episodes were awful.
May 10, 2012 10:23 AM

Aug 2011
i kind of understand why Sakakibara doesnt remember that time when he got hit by can that Izumi throw and also why he came to that place from tokyo because he went there to attend his auntie's funeral and at same time Izumi's cousin was the one who killed Reiko and then suicide i think.

remember conversation with Izumi and Sakakibara about what they lost that they love is Sakakibara's auntie and Izumi's cousin?

why he cant remember his first met with Izumi? obviously it's a curse. it all happened after funeral.

relax and it's only my theory.

i give my overall to this show 8/10. it's really outstanding although i still feel bad for
Izumi who died before reiko.
OriginMay 10, 2012 10:27 AM
May 20, 2012 11:56 AM

Oct 2010
Uh, explain me a few things about it because I was really disappointed with the ending...

Wasn't the "another" supposed to be a student? That is, since the 1972 Misaki dies when being a student, it's his "place" in the classroom what determines the presence of the "another". So in the end it was a teacher... uh? Isn't it an awful deus ex machina ending? I mean, they discover things about the curse over the series but this is left as a basic characteristic from the very first moment, therefore changing it in the last second is not exactly the smartest move.

On the Reiko-Mikami thing. Not only it took me by surprise (that's the advantage of generic character designs, I guess) but in the end the same hints you are now showing as obvious seem quite contradictory. So why does Mei remember about Reiko's death? Why does the Grandpa remember and however seems to be able to see his daughter, as seen in the few scenes in which Sakakibara is talking with both the grandparents and the aunt?

I gave this episode a 6/10, for an overall score of 7/10 to the show. Not only the ending was disappointing and felt completely gratuitous to me, but the tone of the events with those absurdly humorous deaths was quite stupid in my opinion... entertaining at least but as a final episode it's just a mess.
May 20, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
whoisfriend said:
Cloudy-Sky said:
Ugh i really loved it. But it seems i missed something. someone explain me why

May 20, 2012 9:54 PM

Jul 2011
I must say that Another was one of twisted anime :D
So many suddenly deaths and totally dark atmosphere from start to end
(last episode was totally madness +1)

I got also new favorite character to my list <3
Mei, I can't do anything else than love her (She was cute in beach episode)

So it was Reiko all along... hmm it's sad that so many died because of that curse.

6/5, because of Mei <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 21, 2012 12:42 AM
May 2009
I have to say a very dark anime but I liked it allot.

The plot was very confusing some time but I was convinced its was the gurl with the glasses for some reason. Never imagined it to be the women our main guy was staying with.
May 21, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 2011
Another was entertaining in its own right. But it reminded me of Final Destination a little too much.
May 26, 2012 5:13 AM

Sep 2011
SPOILER:

May 26, 2012 2:11 PM

May 2012
Amazing ending to an amazing anime, I could have never guessed that it was reiko. I truly felt sorry for the main character which is something that its hard to do in an anime. Well at least it sorta had a "and they lived happily every after" feel to it with both protagonist staying alive. (at some points I though that Kouichi was gonna die). Anyway I give this entire series a 10/10 it had me constantly stuck to my screen and it had nice horror/survival elements to it.
Jun 2, 2012 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
What the hell?! That was a nice twist! I love it! I love all of this! ;)

I was seriously thinking who is the dead one but I can't get even a bit of hint.. I was actually nervous that its one of the main characters, thankfully its not.. demo at the last 2 episodes, I was thinking that maybe it was Akazawa, but that failed me too. I was shocked that it was Mikami-sensei, but what's even more shocking is that Mikawa-sensei is REIKO!!!!!
WTH????! Hoho. I was seriously surprised with that fact..
I was also curious with that 4th thing that Kouichi must remember, so that was it..
weeeee. Too bad..

DEMO, yes, as you've mentioned, one flaw is that why Misaki remembers the death of Ms.Mikami.. If only she revealed the color, I think that was already enough. DEMO NE. IT's okay. It was one hell of a plot anyway and I totally love it. :DD

SERIOUSLY, I REALLY LIKE MEI MISAKI. hoho. and Kouichi is a perfect pair for her! :)))))
Another characters to be added in my fave lists. :))))
Jun 2, 2012 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
Very good anime, I enjoyed it.
Obviously the lesson is, write all of the class lists by hand.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 9, 2012 4:09 AM

Feb 2012
ohh NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
AKAZAWA-SAN CAN't DİEEEEE!!!! TTTTTTTTwTTTTTTTTT
btw, I hope akazawa-san didn't die ;-; she was my favourite character... cool, self confident,kawai,beautiful,clever..........
the anime was sooo good, even when I hate misaki and sakakibara. all of these was sakaki's fault. aah, akazawa-sann!!!!!! TTTwTTT
Jun 9, 2012 4:44 AM
Dec 2007
Emi-Sayuri said:
SPOILER:

The original writer had the benefit of being in a written medium (Light Novel). Here however the studio went with a "oh, let's just give her a different hair color for no reason whatsoever and then pretend they had the same haircolor all along".

Jun 15, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2008
Last two episodes are 100% disappointment to me. People are dying yet they doesn't seem to care. Where's the adrenaline rush? Someone's going to kill you yet you can't run just because of a cut on your leg? It's not like your whole leg was cut off! Someone tried to kill another person, yet you let her escape like it was nothing. You're going to check if your classmate's fine after falling from the second floor, but all you did was walk. Are you sure you're concerned about him? There's a fire, the fire alarm is not working, so the right thing to do was tell the others about it... casually? Yes, because a building on fire is not an emergency.

I know all of that were tropes, but it's f------ ridiculous.
Twitter: @devgum
Jun 17, 2012 8:48 PM

Mar 2012
Over all Another is an Great horror anime... I just can't stop watching... wondering who might die next episode. The first time i watch this i kept hoping Misaki Mei won't die 0.o
My favorite part is when she and Sakakibara Kouichi is consider Does not exist and they are hanging around :)

Over all the ending was great, There are no romance part in this anime i think cuz its a Horror of course!! but still i kinda wish to see a scene Misaki and Sakaibara dating...

A great Horror anime :3

Supporting Misaki Mei
Jun 19, 2012 11:45 AM

May 2012
It's a bit too twisted for me, so i needed the ova to clear every part of the story.
Jun 21, 2012 7:35 AM

Apr 2009
BossTheKid said:
My question is how come no one goes to jail. Half of the deaths can't be called self defense >>

ahahah, u'r so right

i'm confused at the end. Still, hate that starting with horror and ebg it with gore...
7 or 8/10
Jun 23, 2012 6:44 PM
Jul 2008
Good show. Very enjoyable.
Jun 23, 2012 6:54 PM

Sep 2011
TiKey said:
BossTheKid said:
My question is how come no one goes to jail. Half of the deaths can't be called self defense >>

ahahah, u'r so right

i'm confused at the end. Still, hate that starting with horror and ebg it with gore...
7 or 8/10
i think no one went to jail because everyone that attacked anyone died, remember only like 6-7 people actually left that building alive, the only charge anyone could get is naoya for assault

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 28, 2012 11:30 PM

May 2010
I guess no one is pissed that they solved nothing, also almost all of the class died. I think they did worse than some classes that had the calamity all year.

Who cares if they stopped it for their year, I would have rather them stopped the whole thing in general. Basically the ending is telling us that this is going to happen forever. I don't know how people could say it was wrapped up perfectly with the ending we got here. I really think they should have ended it by actually ending the curse, permanently.
Jun 29, 2012 10:03 AM

Dec 2009
Not bad. The plot is interesting enough to watch, but what i liked especially was the animation and the art...
Jul 4, 2012 10:40 PM

Jan 2012
That was an unexpected twist ending.
Jul 13, 2012 9:36 PM

Jun 2011
It's fascinating how much of a roller-coaster ride 12 episodes can be. When I started watching, I had this impression of a dull, gloomy anime that tried to be suspenseful; at the end, I'm left with a much better impression. It's mind-boggling when you consider all that's happened within such a short time-frame.

Fletchaaa said:
Who cares if they stopped it for their year, I would have rather them stopped the whole thing in general. Basically the ending is telling us that this is going to happen forever. I don't know how people could say it was wrapped up perfectly with the ending we got here. I really think they should have ended it by actually ending the curse, permanently.

The same thing went through my mind as I watched the ending. I have no idea about the novel/manga this series was adapted from, but I guess the ending leaves the domain open for a new season; that's probably what they were aiming for.
Jul 13, 2012 10:10 PM

May 2009
Oh my god I swore it was Akazawa.
Perfect anime. The pace, the characters, the story, the *calamity*. Loved it. It certainly freaked me out most of the time, but that is what makes it so good.
And Reiko being the extra, whoa, I didn't see that one coming. The bird scared the hell out of me. And everything made sense. But the lack of explanation of why does the calamity happen is frustrating.

9/10

Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I'm not living.

Jul 14, 2012 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
JediEspada said:
Lazu said:
RayanaXx said:
Why don't they just close the damn school? Someone explain please T_T

Exactly. Why?! It's so stupid.

The students weren't supposed to tell anyone about the curse, or else they'd have a chance of dying (prime example: heart attack kid). This is stated when Sakakibara talks to Mei.

Well, overall thoughts: 'Twas a good show, I really enjoyed it. It wasn't Death Note-clever or anything, but it sure was entertaining to me. I give it an 8/10.

Dude. A teacher committed suicide by stabbing himself in front of his students and they don't do jack shit about it.
Jul 19, 2012 12:58 PM

Jan 2012
I thought that
Jul 20, 2012 8:40 AM

Apr 2012
I KNEW REI-CHAN WOULD HAVE A PURPOSE!

That was an awesome series finale... filled with mind-fucks!

The series made us think it was a student, but gave us suddle clues, which didn't make sense until the very end. I was wondering about what the Fourth rule was in the beginning.

Pages (21) « First ... « 11 12 [13] 14 15 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.