Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (21) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »
Jul 19, 2013 12:34 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, 'Another' was like Final Destination, anime style. Shocking, intriguing, a bit scary and satisfying till the end. I really loved how it managed to keep me guessing and surprised with each new revelation. And as the last 2 episodes exploded in violence between all of the classmates, everything came full circle. What was well done was how it was ALWAYS made to seem as if the dead person could have been anybody, even to the end it was hinted that Mei could be it. The use of the dolls, especially with the brief images of dolls, was insanely creepy and well done. Each death at the end of some episodes were frighteningly gruesome, and I'll never forget the first death in episode 3. Still; it's been a while since I've seen a horror/thriller anime with such impact like this, and I'm glad I decided to watch it. I will say though that it was truly sad to watch certain characters die, and as some main characters began to die i was really sad =/ Having all these characters established, yet watching them die was incredibly tragic, but part of what made this anime very dramatic. Anyway, amazing watch 9/10
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 21, 2013 12:55 PM

Nov 2012
Stark700 said:
Incredible journey and series. With its mind twists, characters, art, music, and storyline, I give this anime a well-deserved:

10/10.
Agreed. I haven't been able to find an anime that I've been able to score 10/10 since I watched Death Note years ago. I've yearned for this day to come and finally I've found another anime (no pun intended xD) to give 10/10. My two suspects were Akazawa and Reiko. I initially ruled out Reiko because I thought she wasn't on the trip so that final plot twist was amazing for me that she was Ms Mikami and the story had been crafted so intricately that I cannot count how many times I gawped, gasped and nearly cried several times.

I would just like to applaud Tsutomu Mizushima, Noizi Ito, Ryō Higaki,Yuriko Ishii, Kow Otani, Yoshikazu Iwanami, everyone at P.A. Works who made this show and finally Yukito Ayatsuji for creating the idea. I will miss watching this show and unfortunately I do not think I will have time to rewatch it due to my growing "Plan to Watch" section and the little amount of time I have left before I start my A-Levels and get a job. However if I have time later on in my life I would love nothing more than to experience this gruesomely gorgeous anime once again.
Jul 22, 2013 1:37 AM

May 2013
Wow I never thought that Reiko was the teacher or the extra one.
Jul 24, 2013 1:38 AM

Mar 2013
So can someone explain the part where Sakakibara and Akazawa first met. Why cant he remember her and when he refered to losing someone was he talking about is aunt?
Jul 27, 2013 12:01 AM

Sep 2011
That was pretty sad, honestly didn't expect the dead one to be Reiko. I was at the edge of my seat till the last second, kept expecting a big twist at the end oh well. I guess I couldn't accept the outcome. Some stuff was left unexplained like what the calamity was and why did it start with the original Misaki. That said this was a great series, sad that it was only 12 episode but it didn't feel rushed. Really good horror/mystery thriller.

Poor Akazawa :(
Aug 6, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2008
Deus Ex Machina eye, what a copout.

Overall it was enjoyable, but it could have been so much better.
Aug 17, 2013 6:38 PM

Feb 2013
Akazawa's death was the worst for me. She was just trying to protect her classmates. Poor girl.

And also: Reiko being Mikame. What a plot-twist!

An amazing series. 10/10
Aug 19, 2013 4:54 AM

Dec 2012
SEQUEL PLEASE XD

- barely alive -
Aug 25, 2013 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
B-but the curse isn't lifted yet... D: Does that mean it will happen to the next class 3?

PS: Good episode overall. A little bit forced but meh.
Sep 1, 2013 10:20 AM

Jan 2010
Have not seen something this good in a while.

Indeed this have the feeling of final destination movies, however in contrast it was truly well made.

The story isn't the more complex one that I have seen however it's very well developed and distributed over all episodes.

The finals of each episode were amazing, it really pushes the viewer to see the next one.

Characters overall were good, they could have developed a little more some characters, but overall I'm kinda satisfied.

The suspence and the atmosphere were the best of the anime imo. Incredible, I really didn't know what would happen next.

Art and sound were also very good.

Overall something that really stands out in the horror genre.

10/10

I would like to see more shows with this quality.
Sep 5, 2013 6:36 PM
Jul 2013
Funny thing is even though misaki could've killed reiko herself, just like she had planned to do in the backyard, before the calamity started. Instead she let 8 people and reiko die in the end. i guess that wouldn't had made this story so suspenseful but the plot holes...
Sep 13, 2013 3:45 PM
Oct 2009
nice plot twist there (y) yay funny thing is they didn't stop the curse from continuing, good luck to the next generations of students :D so Kouichi came back to town an year and a half ago for his aunt's funeral.. I just wanna know who killed her xD cuz the guy looked like Kouichi so I hoped they'd reveal who it was. but anyway, guess not. tbh in my eyes the hair colour of Reiko seemed different from Mikami-sensei's. I do hope they will tell the teachers to put an extra desk and ignore someone too :D ahahaha if it's possible. tbh I find the characters a bit dumb, or a lot dumb but I still wanted to watch till the end. like why wouldn't they do something about this? why not erase class 3 from existence? - _ - just do it. or try somethin else. 26 years and they were waiting for their deaths quietly by ignoring a person..
Sep 21, 2013 11:43 AM

Jan 2010
Sheer_Khuwat said:
Funny thing is even though misaki could've killed reiko herself, just like she had planned to do in the backyard, before the calamity started. Instead she let 8 people and reiko die in the end. i guess that wouldn't had made this story so suspenseful but the plot holes...

I believe she hesitated because it was Kouichi's aunt. She thought in tell Kouichi first but Teshigawara just stole it showing up telling that had killed a schoolmate. After this all started to trying to kill Misaki (after the public announcement at the hotel) so she didn't had the chance. I believe that at the end she realized that all may die if she didn't kill Reiko. As she got separated from Kouichi that task would become easier without letting him know.
Oct 9, 2013 2:41 PM

Aug 2007
I actually didn't guess who the extra was and I'm usually pretty good at figuring that out.
But I almost felt tricked because I really didn't think staff could be included xD

Well, there was nothing really profound about this series.
It might do well with the younger crowd because of the hardcore deaths. (ie my options on Elfen Leid has changed since I saw it five years ago.)

It wasn't terrible, though. The suspense was enough to keep me interested. I give it an average score of 5.

Oct 17, 2013 2:14 PM

Jun 2011
ClementIV said:
I had seen some spoilers so it didn't surprise me that is was Reiko, but I was hoping it would be a different person but since I had no idea she was also the teacher I was still surprised.

Same =/

jogiin said:
NecroFantasia said:
oh i c now, the guy that killed Reiko was also the same guy that help the pigtail girl? that does explain why the guy that killed her looked soo much like sakakibara and why the pigtail girl thought it was sakakibara that help her.

This is still a mystery. Aikazawa asking does Sakakibara remember her from year and a half ago ---> he doesn't remember, killers face is not revealed.

I'm pretty sure the one who helped red-head was Sakakibara (did I finally get his name right?), and the one who killed Reiko was a totally different person (atleast in the anime).
The reason Sakaki doesn't remember that is because he was attending Reiko's funeral, and since she's Another, all his memories regarding her death have been erased, which includes the funeral.

I really enjoyed the first half of this anime, episode 6 being the best one for me, but I felt that it kinda went downhill from that; I enjoy gore but this was just too over the top, this particular episode being comical even.
Oct 17, 2013 4:49 PM

Oct 2013
Well, that was a good final for the show imo. I just think the characters could of shown more emotion. People were fucking dying left and right yet there wasn't a whole lot of deep, heavy reactions. I mean Kouichi killed his own aunt and didn't seem to react as strong as I thought he would. Btw, how the hell do you kill an already dead person? Are the dead people in this anime ghosts or zombies? Whatever, Im just glad the last couple of episodes had batshit crazy murder and lots of blood. Ending was pretty decent, I really wanted for Mei to answer to Kouichi "no" when he asked if it was all over, would of made things fucked up because the curse can never really end because dead people keep coming to the class...
Oct 20, 2013 3:50 AM

Aug 2013
One hell of an anime! never thought reiko was the extra one. my first thoughts went to mei, because of her eyes but i was wrong. Sad thing was that everyone killed one another to find out who was the extra one. well the anime was awesome, i really enjoyed myself watching. this anime deserves a 10 out of 10;)
Nov 13, 2013 5:23 AM

Jan 2013
OMG i can't believe Akazawa is dead :/ :/ :/ why she was my favourite...
The overall episode was good,but it was strange.
I feel sad for Reiko.But even more for Akazawa :(
I will give this anime 8/10.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 17, 2013 10:22 AM

Jun 2011
... *Laughs a bit* -_- Well, that sucked. The extra person was pretty obvious to me from the middle, I knew the difference between Reiko/Ms. Mikami all along. It wasn't hard to figure out that they were one in the same.

I personally wasn't too enthusiastic with this show, it was boring, extremely predictable, not at all scary, and to me, it doesn't live up to its hype.

But at least -nearly- everyone died. I did take a bit of a liking to Izumi as well as Naoya though.

I give it a 5/10.
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Nov 20, 2013 3:22 AM

Mar 2010
Totally caught me off guard. I was not expecting that at all! Besides the time lapse in my watching experience overall, I must say it was a thrill. So different from many anime I've watched. Overall, 7/10. Not a bad watch at all! Hopefully, a second season, as well.
Nov 20, 2013 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
It was awesome show, really love series.
At the first I thought it's just a regular horror anime. Never expected someone died (well... someone died is a horror thing)
And yeah... we need some more explanation about calamity and other stuff.
Anyways 9/10
Nov 26, 2013 10:25 AM

Apr 2012
Bit of a messy plot with some gaping holes in the logic but I liked the characters and the whole atmosphere of the show. Overall 7/10
Dec 6, 2013 9:37 AM

Nov 2013
Ending was shocking but didn't they say EXTRA STUDENT not teacher but i get it was unexecpted because no 1 thought that she went to the same school and count her as the extra student.
Dec 7, 2013 4:30 AM

Oct 2013
So silly, people die off so easily, while main characters don't even get a scratch, plus I love the way people take time to kill Mei, whenever they corner her, they have to wait few minutes talking to her about why they should kill her, until someone comes to save her.

Anime was enjoyable in overall, animation was awesome, but many things didn't make sense, I hope it's just my ignorance. I'm not a big fan of horror genre, no matter how well it's made, it's still too cheesy and sometimes instead of getting scared, you laugh about how silly it is.
Dec 7, 2013 4:44 AM

Jun 2013
Really great anime.One of the first animes that I completed.

PS:I'm kinda sad that Akazawa died though.
Dec 7, 2013 6:07 PM

Apr 2013
Too much silly horror logic and unintentional humor for me to take this series seriously, though I still kinda liked it. 6/10.
Powerful eyebrows.
Dec 8, 2013 9:34 PM

Oct 2013
I would like to know how the calamity started and how it works. There is no reason why they can not make a season 2. Angel Beats anime did not have any manga material so there isnt any reason they cant continue Another.

Dec 15, 2013 2:44 AM
Jul 2018
This Anime was Great! With BEST Ending... :)
Dec 15, 2013 10:55 PM

Oct 2012
i felt something miss about the ending...

Dec 17, 2013 7:38 AM

Aug 2013
OMG blood everywhere the scarier 6 hours that I watched it ever I hope no bad dreams today -_- 6/10 love the story but too much kill and i'm not satisfied with the ending.

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 31, 2013 8:06 AM

Aug 2013
It's the first gore anime I watch and I enjoyed it a lot. I hope they make a second season :D
Jan 8, 2014 1:45 AM

Mar 2010
I do not expect a second season , the closure already satisfied me very well . This kind of anime show has become very rare as of lately. I would like to express it here that to me , it really deserve the title masterpiece , 10/10 indeed. I love the characters , the story ...the events...ah, just love the overall quality of it .The ending was really original. I am happy to have watched this :)
My favorite.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 14, 2014 7:57 AM
Jul 2013
The extra could be a teacher, interesting. Sorry for Sakakibara, because he learned about Reiko. Good series.
Jan 14, 2014 9:27 AM

Dec 2013
Damn Reiko.. My favourite character. Really didn't expect her to the Another. Overall good series. I enjoyed it.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jan 14, 2014 10:26 AM

Oct 2013
nooo akazawa :'( i liked the series and i got soiled about another so i did expect but still caught me of guard that the teacher was actually Reiko...Good series i liked it...
Jan 14, 2014 11:16 AM

Sep 2013
This happens in almost every series, and not just horror/mystery animes. They wait until the last three episodes to get things really going, and then there's a mad rush to put everything together. This series was entertaining, but it went overboard and, in the end, made no sense. Besides the irrational deaths and the over-killing (almost everyone was literally stabbed in the back), there were two many coincidences and situations that had to be over explained so that we'd "get it". Someone has a twin, no a cousin, no a cousin with the same name that had to be change, no it was a sister, no it was a cousin that was raised like a brother. A missing chair in the faculty room? Really? Come on...

On a positive note, I liked the very end when Kouichi asks Mei if it's over and then it cuts to the other classmates taping up an enhanced copy on disc for future class 3 students.

It ain't over.

I give Another a 7/10.
Jan 16, 2014 9:42 AM
Oct 2011
One of my favourite anime. Amazing.
Y U NO SIGNATURE
Jan 29, 2014 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
I ate through this series an hour ago, a journey that started around 6 PM yesterday. I can't believe how much I enjoyed this series, the non stereotypical portrayals among the characters (yay no hidden/sudden romances)and just...everything. The music though really added to the atmosphere of the show. Sleeping tonight is going to be fun, alas.

Did anyone else feel it was Izumi? Her small flashbacks made me believe that she was the extra person. Totally didn't see Reiko being it, but thinking back she did exhibit some indications that she was out of place.
Jan 30, 2014 8:40 PM

Oct 2011
I thought the earlier episodes in the series really gave it a nice build-up and was very suspenseful and it was to a good extent a pretty intense climax, but I kind of felt it was a bit over the top in this episode with pretty much everyone going crazy and stabbing everyone. However, the journey to that I thought was really good and kept me on edge and wanting more.
Feb 2, 2014 9:01 AM

Jun 2013
Wow. I really didn't expect that ending. 9/10.
Feb 14, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
This is the only horror anime that I really liked so far. It kept me wondering. The shock value isn't really that good though but there's the suspense at some moments. The ending was sort of expected, sad, bittersweet, and calm. I still have two questions. How does the calamity start and will it ever happen again?

Alright. It's all over. I really enjoyed the show. Haven't seen anything like it. I really love the dark atmosphere and the settings. Gave me a few laughs.
I'd give this a 9/10 but then one of my favorite girls died

in a sad and painful way and there were those plot holes, it's an 8/10 for me.
oLotusFXFeb 14, 2014 2:16 PM
Feb 20, 2014 1:50 PM

Feb 2014
everything is amazing about this anime
the opening and ending songs
and art
this anime teachs us a lesson: Friends can be hell cruel in any way

i always wanted to ask who started the calimity in the first place :( but too sad

Feb 22, 2014 3:20 PM

Jan 2010
great series...great ending ...great ride...i'll give it a 9 out of 10.

i have only one question though if anyone can answer i'd be grateful...

Did the extra know he was the extra? Was he|she aware of it?
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 1, 2014 6:53 PM

Jul 2009
Honestly, this ending was almost laughably bad between everyone going pyscho and people getting crushed by random objects and that building exploding...what was that building built on, a gas line??

Nice twist, but too out of the blue for me though
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2014 10:32 PM

Dec 2010
If you are confused read this small Q&A

diamondketoMar 7, 2014 10:54 PM
Mar 16, 2014 12:33 AM

Jul 2009
Wow what an episode!!!

Lots of deaths and killings! Glad that fat fuck bitch lady with a butcher knife died quickly.

I freaking knew they would bring back that bastard Tomohiko Kazami. He should have stayed dead tbh.

It seems in the manga he actually survives.

And surprise Yumi Ogura didn't survive the fall from the last episode. You would think she became psychotic out of nowhere, would still live and hunt Mei down.

The fight with Akazawa and Mei is intense!!!

First time i'm seeing Mei being beaten like that even with a cute face.

I actually thought it was Akazawa the extra person. Since Mei looks sad whenever she's seeing her. As for her seeing Akazawa the death color, she was already dying by then so that's why the colored appeared to indicate she was about to die.

Still a lightning struck the house, smashes the windows and impales here multiply shards that sticks her body to her wall.

Kinda hard to believe to be honest O___O

And isn't it weird that Sakikabara is using a phone while finding Mei after the battle??

So Reiko is actually the extra person!?!?! literally blew my mind!!

I actually didn't know that she was the teacher in her class. So that's why she changes her hair when in school.

Still i don't know how her old parents managed to remember about her sister's death last year??

I'm surprised Sakakibara didn't died from his lung failure?!?!

Seems everyone's memories has been altered once more. Mei and Sakakibara only knows the truth.

I was actually expecting an accident waiting to happen towards the end with Mei and Sakakibara. Glad nothing happened!!

Finally Mei smiled!!! KAWAII!!!!!!!!!!

It seems Naoya and Mochizuka knows the incident, but probably doesn't remember who the extra person is like Katsumi Matsunaga.

What i don't understand is how did Matsunaga remembered Reiko?? Especially in the beach episode where they talked. Though Matsunaga is no longer a member of the class so that probably explains it.

And thanks to @diamondketo for the answers! Definitely clear things up!!

So it's finally over, while a potential Season 2 can happen with new cast, I think i'm fine with the series ending.

My only wish is that the series should have been longer, like 24-25 episodes.

Lots of deaths and gruesome killings, but don't change the ending. Like delving to other students life and how they were raised in Yomiyama.

That would have been better IMO.

Still great series! I'm giving this an 8/10 since it had a lot of potential and amazing animation of deaths.

Been while since anime companies made gruesome death scenes in full HD!!

I hope to see more horror/gore/death works in the near future!!

Already watched Shiki,Mirai Nikki, Higurashi, Jigoku Shoujo etc

need to watch Denpa teki na Kanojo,Shiki,Deadman Wonderland,Pupa,Umineko no Naku Koro ni,Ookami Kakushi,

Will be watching the OVA for sure!
Apr 22, 2014 12:18 PM

Dec 2013
Nice anime 9/10, idk why i took so long to watch it.

didn't expect the bloodbath of the last episodes. I just have one question, How Mei can see the "color" of death with her eye? I didn't saw an explanation.
Apr 27, 2014 12:26 PM

Mar 2014
that was magnificent! absolutely amazing psycological horror thriller! 10/10
May 14, 2014 7:30 PM

Oct 2013
1-10 episodes =8.5
11-12 episodes=3

overall 7

sadly, from the episode 11th, there was just to much no sense that i didnt liked the series, sure action was there, i guess that im 26 years old and that cant help, anyway its was ok until the last 2 episodes for me

p.s the end feel rushed as well, may be for that there was too much no sense since episode 11, anyway the series was ok i guess
May 15, 2014 4:58 AM

Feb 2014
great series and a great ending
9/10
Flying without feathers is not easy; my wings have no feathers
Pages (21) « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MrSteeel - Jan 23, 2012

665 by L01MK »»
Feb 11, 1:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.