Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 14, 2016 11:30 PM

Sep 2015
The ending dam that was motivating...
Nov 27, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
Omg I watched this season in one go today!!! I was so excited about the rankings. And that scene when Mashiro and his uncle were at the grave, I can't wait to watch the next season :D totally got me!

Feb 9, 2017 2:30 PM

Aug 2014
Damn they won that with such a big number advantage? Good to see Iwase's ranking could't even touch their, though her being more riled up now can prove dangerous. That Chief Editor tho, he won't make it easy for them will he? Well they can do it now hopefully!
The graveyard scene was also just way to beautiful, quite well done and emotional, but atleast he could show some results and do what his uncle couldn't!

Overall this was a really solid season, a great improvement over the 1st one imo with more interesting stuff going on and great development for characters like Miura and Aoki. Hiramura being a comedic relief character rather than a "serious" rival surprised me at first, but the comedy with him was just pure gold and added to the hilariousity of the show, so that just helped.

Iwase was annoying bitch though, which definitely annoy me more than it should, but nonetheless a 9/10 for me.
Feb 19, 2017 9:58 AM

Dec 2014
Almost every issue I had with the first season was also in this one. Damn, I was really hoping that they'd fix at least some of them. The drama was way too over done. Everything was drama this, drama that. It also felt very predictable which is not a good thing. I was really bored this time around and didn't enjoy it as much as the first season. I'm going to take a break from this series before starting the third season in hopes that that'll give it a breath of fresh air when I get back to it.

6/10
Sep 17, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2016
What a great way to finish it, all the way to the top.
9/10
Dec 15, 2017 7:22 PM
Dec 2014
The middle of this season was boring.
May 27, 2018 2:09 PM

Feb 2018
That was a satisfying season finale.
Oct 31, 2018 3:34 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Great final to close this second season, one of the dreams it became a reality, to be the first in the poll!!!
Now start, one more time, the hard keep the first place and be above the others mangas!!! kekeke

9/10 for this season!!!! ;)
Feb 20, 2019 9:48 AM

May 2015
Mr_DaftPunk said:
When Ashirogi Muto got 1st place for PCP I was like...

Love this series and looking forward to next season :)

10/10

SAMEEEE I WAS SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY FOR THEM!!
Mar 1, 2019 4:23 PM

Aug 2017
It's about time the boys got a first place win.

Right now I just want more Iwase and Iwase fanservice though. Also Aoki fanservice.
Jul 4, 2019 4:07 AM

Jan 2018
> That chilling effect before they got the announcement.
> Looks like the editors got shocked by that landslide vote for PCP as well.
> Mashiro, being happy with 1st place. Then that grave visit to Kawaguchi Tarou...
> Chief Editor, still being realistic as always. I don't hate him but I'll keep supporting his decisions.

Man, even after the first season. I'm still hyped up for them to win. As what I have said in the first season, I hardly interacted with the characters whenever I watch.

Mashiro and Takagi, keep fighting and then win!

10/10
Dec 17, 2019 6:24 AM

Mar 2015
That was a great end to this season. Really looking forward to the third one!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 24, 2020 6:07 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, this season is better than the first by far. Not only did Mashiro-Azuki get fixed (now they actually felt like a real couple), several characters managed to have unexpected yet interesting development. Aoki went from just an overconfident girl to being my favorite character from this show, and my boy Hattori is back! Not to mention that we have a suspense now that the chief is after them.

9/10
Mar 17, 2020 12:19 PM

Sep 2019
Lot of shit happened on this season. This is by far the best anime that spotlighting the mangaka world. 9/10
Apr 12, 2020 3:32 AM

Jun 2015
I absolutely loved to rewatch this season. Bakuman is definitely one of my favorite animes ever.

Oct 4, 2020 1:02 PM

May 2018
Landslide victory??! And they even beat Niizuma and bitchy girl :O
Nov 1, 2020 8:17 PM

Jul 2020
This season were nicely wrapped up. I’m really curious about the story of Perfect Crime Party and how will it progress.

And base on the new condition the editor-in-chief has given I think the third season will focus more on how they will make the PCP story, and that sounds really exciting, I hope I’m right lol.

Overall I still enjoy this season even though they had a lot of struggles before creating a promising story because in reality struggles are really part if it.

Another 8/10 for me.
Dec 24, 2020 12:35 AM
Apr 2020
Damn.. This was a really huge step up and even more better on the 1st season!

And wow, this season was really full of hardships, challenges, relationship difficulties, especially some heavy dramas, and massive character developments that made it more unique and decent than the 1st one. Couldn't contain my nervousness and excitement for every episode. It has been a really long time since I've been this hyped up finishing every eps. It's just really good!

That scene where Mashiro visits his uncle's grave showing his results to him. That was really emotional and really got me. Almost got my tears. What a great way to end. I couldn't ask for more :")

Finally, they got the 1st rank, huh? They are getting really close to their goal. Slowly but surely!

10/10 overall. Now time to finish JC Staff's another masterpice anime series once and for all. Let's see what will be their final fight comes to conclusion. I really hope it will be a complete ending! :)
Jan 12, 2021 7:14 PM

Jul 2017
Great finale for the 2nd season and boy did it feel satisfying as fuck seeing Ashirogi Muto's manga, PCP, gain 1st place by a wide margin in Weekly Shounen Jump for the first time ever. The scene where Moritaka showed the results chart to his uncle at his grave was really touching but even Moritaka knows that his uncle would think, it's not over yet; it's just the beginning. Impactful episode overall and given how much they've worked to attain that first ranking in WSJ for their first time after so many years, names, one-shots, serialization, etc, it felt inspirational and touching to see it come together at least this time around. It's just another step in the right direction for their mangaka journey as they want to maintain PCP's success for the long run and eventually, get an anime adaptation in the future for Moritaka and Miho's dreams to come true.

This episode was a rollercoaster of emotions with tons of ups and downs. If the first season was about the foundation as we got to know the characters, get to see their introduction to the world of creating manga and try to hone in on their skills to look to be serialized, the second season was about sustainability and about the hardships of living that mangaka life when you're new to that world. It's a season that showed how difficult it was for Ashirogi Muto for them to maintain popularity of a manga consistently over time, a season that had Moritaka fall to health problems and had a good potential manga be ruined in an instant due to a hiatus, a season where Takagi fell to writer's block consistently when trying to take part in a style of manga that he for once was not meant for at all, had both of them argue consistently with a new editor who is more of a pessimist trying to survive and go by the textbook to not get tanked immediately, rather than an optimist gambling to succeed while using their talents to the best of their abilities, had love conflicts and arguments but also touching moments including the marriage of Akito and Kaya, and much, much more. It's a season where tons of hardships had to be endured but the reward for all of that development and growth paid off in dividends by the end and showcased how much Ashirogi Muto and even their rivals have matured as mangaka who have sustained themselves in the world of manga and now season 3 will be focusing on how they break out of sustainability, and go straight for the kill to success and try to outdo each other in the spirit of competition.

Overall, this season may have had its frustrating moments but it was all a part of the journey to what felt like an excellently groomed and developed season for an excellent franchise overall. Can't wait for the final season to wrap up the story fully, although the pacing for that season will definitely be a lot quicker than these first two. 10/10 again.
Jan 20, 2021 5:46 PM

Jul 2020
I'm not gonna lie I teared up a little at the last scene. Season 3 is about to be a banger!
Feb 4, 2021 9:36 PM
Jul 2018
VERY touching final episode. Great conclusion to the season. If this anime didn't get a third season, this conclusion would be quite suitable. But luckily there IS a season three.

I forget when but I remember Mashiro stating his clear goal to getting first place in polls. I tried to picture what it would look like when that happened, but I figured Mashiro would be cool and collected. I just couldn't picture him screaming. And yet that's exactly what happened, and it felt good.
Visiting his uncle's grave was a nice and unexpected touch too.

Might I say, there was quite a bit of failure throughout this show. They really are trying to communicate that persistence is key. Still, it doesn't mean much to me considering I have zero talent, and Mashiro/Takagi's talent is inherent. But I like the message... that you have to try, try, try again. Brainstorm and come up with new innovations.

This was a great season and I was even more hooked than the first. I rarely do this but I might have to give it a 10/10. I also found out that the Death Note guy was involved in this show, which might explain its bingability/addictiveness.
Jul 29, 2021 10:12 PM

Jan 2020
Hmmmm..... I wonder if PCP will really be their last manga before this series ends....
Jul 29, 2021 10:13 PM

Jan 2020
They got 2 new assistants quite odd looking both of them.....shame that Takahama will not be their assistant this time....
Jul 29, 2021 10:16 PM

Jan 2020
Hmmmm.....is Fist of the North Star really that good...back then?
Oct 21, 2021 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
honestly this didn't felt much as final season episode, the episode felt like any other episode and only the end had little touch of "climax" end with his uncle grave, which i find by the way too much supernatural to this series, didn't like they inserted it but at least they finally had 1st place!

the after-credits scene though opened nicely the third season, different season, different challenge, that's how i see it at least.

this season hold for me as the best one, it may had some downhills along the way, but it had good storylines - the trap arc and pcp arc, and even the miura arc which considered weak had good twists, and the use of the characters personality just improved along the season, ohba sure shows how to use characters right.
the animation at start felt much upgraded than 1st season, but as the season continued it felt as only upgrading. well, since the anime have a slice-of-life theme the characters design still fitting.
9/10
Jul 15, 2022 2:51 PM

Nov 2018
Sasaki is a selfish moron. Don't you see that these 2 boys are able to produce some highest quality works consistently, what's the point of your dumb principles?
I hate everyone equally
Sep 30, 2022 6:28 PM
Jun 2022
Best chapter in the series
Oct 24, 2022 10:48 PM

Jan 2020
What an ending; There's a ton of build up for the next season. A lot of interesting dynamics are coming into play, and a bunch of new series. I'd say even more hype than when season one ended. So, I'm definitely hoping that season three gives us a strong conclusion. I'm looking forward to seeing Moritaka and Takagi finally show off a bit, so to speak. They've been getting pushed and dragged around pretty much this whole season, so it'll be nice to see them get a few wins finally.

That being said, I really enjoyed this Perfect Crime Party arc, it was better than the whole rest of season two. So, I'm a bit torn on what to rate this. I definitely feel like at least 2/3s of this season were shaky. Not that I wasn't necessarily enjoying it, but there were just a lot of inconsistent moments, and times when the writing and plot just felt off. I think overall, this season was a bit weaker than the first. It didn't feel quite as natural until we reached these last few episodes. It was almost like they were experimenting with other ideas rather than building upon what was already established, like they just needed some kind of buffer between season one and season three.

Anyway, definitely looking forward to season three.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Dec 22, 2022 10:35 AM
Nov 2019
excellent episode !
Jul 15, 2023 4:00 PM
Jun 2023
como era de esperace estubo muy bien es como si fuera la primera temporada se mantuvo el concepto todo el tiempo
Sep 12, 2023 9:15 PM

Dec 2009
Notes from 2012:

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Mar 3, 2012

72 by NatsukiCookies »»
Apr 16, 8:00 PM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 5, 2011

169 by LuffyetWade »»
Apr 16, 12:49 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 15, 2011

78 by Karva1 »»
Mar 29, 11:51 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 12, 2011

120 by I-yas-yes »»
Mar 21, 12:19 AM

Poll: » Bakuman 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2011

105 by DZento »»
Jul 26, 2023 9:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.