Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2007 4:27 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aww, this was one awful episode.. Tony, Karina and the members elite guy.. damn.. the whole crew was pathetic in this episode.. Ep. 15 was like ice under my shirt after the first 14 great eps :/
Sep 13, 2007 6:59 PM

Dec 2006
I liked Tony deciding to take matters into his own hands. Finally shows us that the Mu aren't all peaches and cream.
Dec 22, 2007 4:32 PM

Aug 2007
?? this episode was great! the confrontation between the unprepared Mu and Keith was very intense.. peacefull life on Nasca was doomed from the beginning.
Dec 23, 2007 7:10 PM
Jul 2018
I agree with pietel, I thought this was a great episode! Looks like this will be the turning point for the Mu..
Jan 31, 2009 1:33 AM

Aug 2007
Ahhh a pivotal moment! The tension keeps on building up, now that Keith's home free the Mu will have time to take matters back into their own hands. But they can be sure that Keith will return - with backup

And Soldier Blue, hope he recovers soon! He's a great asset to the Mu, I'm sure
Aug 3, 2009 5:57 PM

May 2008
lol this show is not afraid to kill off its characters.
Oct 31, 2009 8:24 PM

May 2009
Noooo, not Karina! Her death was so sad, thinking that her son was dead when he really isn't.. ;_;
First she lost her husband and now this. Why did she have to suffer so much? Pisses me off.
stAtic91Oct 31, 2009 8:29 PM
Sep 13, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
This episode really was intense. The amount of tension and progression in each episode is amazing! It was sad to see Karina go...Keith is such a bastard. I've been saying that in my head over and over since he killed Shiroe.

I was really glad to see Soldier Blue though; his presence is always comforting to the Mu.

This is definitely a major turning point in the series.
Jul 6, 2011 6:54 AM

Sep 2009
I wonder when Keith turned into such a murderous bastard, since he seemed like a pretty cool guy during his youth. Man, people keep dying, and there's probably many more deaths to come in the next few episodes with the invasion of Mu territory.
Sep 21, 2011 10:00 PM

Oct 2010
Man, the tension... I love how every heavy things flows so smoothly in this epi. What will the Mu do next?

It's just sad that the first family of Nazca is broken apart like that... Like, a foreshadowing that the peaceful age in Nazca ain't gonna last long?
Sep 23, 2011 4:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I friggin hate Keith. He's such an ice cold killer.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 28, 2011 1:32 AM

Feb 2009
Keith really is the worst spineless, brainless bastard I've seen!!

Winners and Victims stand alone!!
May 30, 2012 5:09 AM
Apr 2011
Keith is such a bastard. Many times have people (including Shiroe) told him to find out the truth himself and not just listen to damn Mother Eliza. And now he's become a murderer who'd do anything to save his own ass and blindly follow higher up orders. I swear, the only time I've seen him not as cold of a guy would be whenever he's with Sam. I guess because Sam, basically his only friend, returned in that state so he's just full on against them now.

Damn, Tony must be really filled with hate for the humans because of what he's seen through the fights/argues between the youngers and elders :/
Dec 23, 2012 8:06 PM

Nov 2010
It doesn't bother Keith at all that he's willing to annihilate all of the Mu on the planet, but yet he goes around using the powers of his buddy Mu?
Dec 27, 2012 5:23 PM

Jul 2009
Jezmund said:
It doesn't bother Keith at all that he's willing to annihilate all of the Mu on the planet, but yet he goes around using the powers of his buddy Mu?

He realizes their power and has no problem using it for his own ends.
May 21, 2013 2:32 PM

May 2010
MagEarwhig said:
lol this show is not afraid to kill off its characters.

Tell that to Shiroe QQ
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Oct 26, 2013 6:49 AM

Nov 2009
Oh shit! They have a Death Star!!!

Anyways, it's ironic that he thinks that Mu's are complete evil yet trusts a Mu to save his life . . . Also, shouldn't they be getting on Shangri La and getting the fuck out of there? It doesn't take a fortune teller to predict that after escaping he would go back and bring back a lot more.
Nov 27, 2013 12:20 AM

Apr 2012
I don't know, not only the characters still seem unbelievable and oversimplified, but now I found the situations unbelievable as well: murderous kid possessed by evil space rodent, Carina imploding, and Makka (who conveniently has powers) is conveniently willing to go to any extremities to save Keith.

I'm disappointed, I had heard so many praises for this show. Even Jyuu oh sei which was far from flawless starts to seem better in comparison.
Mar 4, 2015 1:15 PM
Aug 2014
Where did you get the idea that Tony was being possessed by Rain? Rain was actually trying to stop Tony from going to Keith. Carina didn't implode she just overexerted herself through the large use of her psion powers and here body couldn't handle it. Doesn't help that Mu are physically weak. Makka having powers is a bit convenient, but Keith had to escape and with Mu having thought canons and being able to fly into space this was an option to work around that. Keith being totally evil now and Makka willing to go through all that to save him is a bit simplistic, but with how fast this anime is moving there isn't really enough time to deepen a lot of relationships/characters.
Jun 17, 2015 9:10 AM

Mar 2013
This may be Causal thinking but i feel like Tony is directly responsible for Carina's death with his actions. Perhaps he is being controlled, but the blame for that tragedy can't be placed anywhere else. Blaming Keith for that is quite naive.. Should he have just obediently sat still and be murdered by the Monster Tony??? Note it was Tony or whatever that was controlling him that went ahead illegally and tried to kill the unarmed and confined Keith. The entire chain of events started with Tony, and there is no justification for it nor any blame left to place on Keith.

That being said the question is if Keith is justified to immediately order the annihilation of Naska and subsequently all the Mu living there. Giving that he was brutally mentally tortured, had elders demanding he be tortured and disposed of, and is then nearly killed by a Monstrous 3-4 year old "Child", it seems perfectly reasonable that he should follow in line with the protocol of annihilating the Mu.
Nov 28, 2015 7:09 PM

Jul 2015
Man, so many people died already, and I heard that episode 16 will get darker and certainly a lot of people will die because they're sending an army to kill the Mu, a war is starting. Really, lots of deaths will really make me hate this anime! I could barely bear
how I am supposed to watch this?
Dec 8, 2015 5:12 PM
Jan 2010
It just bothers me how much of a hypocritical bastard Keith turned into. He derides the Mu for potentially being able to destroy a planet with their powers, and yet right after he escapes he calls in the human planet destroying weapon. What the hell Keith?

I do agree with him on one thing though, the over-reliance on their abilities. They really could have benefited from some basic security training. Like posting guards by the extremely dangerous criminal, or how to engage someone without using their abilities.
Sep 22, 2016 9:40 PM

Jul 2010
Keith was such a good written character before the timeskip happened, now he's just written terribly.
Jan 29, 2017 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
i'm not a huge fan of Keith to be honest, but i hope in the end he wakes up from the brainwashing. ugh some Mu died because of him and he feels nothing

Soldier Blue is so weak now :-(

ugh Tony ultimately caused the death of his own mother, i bet he's gonna grow up bitter. if you think about it, he was the one who caused all this mess by freeing Keith

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is a mess, nothing is going right for the Mu! i'm kind of irritated with Physis being so weak but also protecting Keith. Keith whyyyyy are you like this??? what is your motivation for destroying Mu? and why does Matsuka feel nothing about this??

does this mean the Mu have to flee once again?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2019 12:38 AM

Mar 2014
Man this is one vicious cycle of hatred going. Poor Karina self-destructed just because she thought her kid was dead. And her kid isn't innocent either: having such dark thoughts of hatred and wanting to actually KILL a guy he just met at such a young age. No wonder the humans are so vicious trying to eliminate them.

Looks like that genocide the elders kept talking about is going to repeat unless they leave fast
Aug 14, 2020 9:31 AM
Nov 2014
Soldier Blue isn't dead in this version - yay! Some good news, at least
Apr 30, 2022 12:15 PM
Apr 2018
Fucking hell this episode triggered me and then some. The character inconsistencies and plot logic blew my mind lol.

How many contrived coincidences in 1 episode? Shitty new Mu kid pulls of that shield BS while flying? While Super OP Main character... just about saves the psychic... why doesn't he chase down the ship and tear it a new asshole? Nope he just looks at it... even though he can go in and out of space 10x quicker than any ship.

I could rant on and on about these inconsistencies.. but I've had my fill lol. Oh and for episode 13-14 (can't recall which one it was) But that knife fight... come on. Jomy can defend against giant lazer beams... but he can't stop a man with a knife from cutting him.... All he has to do is stand still and laugh as Keith swipes blue glow till he passesd out from exhaustion.

Jun 12, 2023 1:21 AM

Aug 2020
What a powerful episode it was after and on same level as ep 9 but really annoyed with physis action, now I wonder about physis's story more than anyone's.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 13 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 1, 2011

6 by His0kaDevv »»
Mar 19, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 1 Discussion

Kayrhandros - May 29, 2007

29 by zeroquinze »»
Oct 28, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Sep 22, 2008

84 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 13, 2023 3:03 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 21 Discussion

puedjies - Feb 8, 2009

15 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 12, 2023 8:10 AM

Poll: » Terra e... Episode 9 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 27, 2008

48 by Lavi_kun »»
Jun 11, 2023 6:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.