Forum Settings
Forums
Negima!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 5, 2012 7:32 PM
Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Another jump in time!?
Didn't really expect the chapter to focus on Yue (until I saw the title).
Mar 5, 2012 7:45 PM

Nov 2007
Holy shit Yue became a lazy as fuck, drunk on tea, good looking magical detective!? At least something good came out of this ending! But damn thats some high powered shit she knows...she is at Culture Festival Negi levels of power here.
Mar 5, 2012 8:40 PM
Aug 2010
WOW....how the mighty have fallen!

This, is how you spend your final chapters of Negima Ken?!?!

Instead of focusing on a good epilogue you waste it on bullshit?

I'm really hoping they don't even show who Negi chose in the final chapter, it would be the ultimate troll, in fact it would be the biggest troll in manga history.

and since Ken turned Negima into a HUGE JOKE these final years, it only deserves a stupid and shitty ending such as this.

I'm speechless, when I read Love Hina the final chapters were excellent, it was a great conclusion to a fun and enjoyable manga....it's clear to me that Ken Akamatsu lost his touch while making Negima.

It's hard to hate the guy, I love the way he draws, and I still consider him a great storyteller, but this is just stupid.

6/10 for Negima, I don't really care what they show in the finale.
Mar 5, 2012 8:43 PM
Nov 2011
You guys are missing the point of this chapter, I think. I smell a spin-off!
Mar 5, 2012 9:31 PM

Feb 2009
Mar 5, 2012 11:16 PM

Oct 2010
The Chichigami returns! *LOL*
Heh, I'm assuming that since Yue is getting the spotlight, she must be "the one" for Negi, right? But of course, Ken can always throw out more bollocks and troll me again.
(Tch...I'm still dreaming of Negi becoming a hardcore lady-killer and living out the polygamy lifestyle.)
Mar 5, 2012 11:48 PM

Feb 2010
Not sure what to make of this. I agree with a lot of people in that it would have been an alright chapter if it were placed anywhere but here.

I understand what's supposed to be happening right now, I think. It's similar to how Love Hina ended, or at least how I heard that series ended, since we're going into the future to see how things have changed. I think it could have been done a LOT better, since it really should focus on more than one or two characters.
Mar 6, 2012 12:01 AM

Feb 2008
silvr said:

that is what i thought too...

although it is such a sad thing to see a fun manga reduced to this kind of ending. its likely the author might redeem themselves by making a spinoff that might go in the direction they intended in the first place.
Mar 6, 2012 12:38 AM
Apr 2010
I swear to god, if you spin this off into some stupid detective manga about Yue. I will shatter your hands to a fine powder.
Mar 6, 2012 12:51 AM

Jan 2008
ichigo03 said:
WOW....how the mighty have fallen!

This, is how you spend your final chapters of Negima Ken?!?!

Instead of focusing on a good epilogue you waste it on bullshit?

Pretty much. Those final pages really made me go "... really?" =/ I don't have high hopes for the finale at all. =T
Mar 6, 2012 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
silvr said:

Mahou Tantei Yue-chan!
Mar 6, 2012 1:01 AM

Sep 2008
So rushed. I just can't quite escape the feeling that Akamatsu need more time. I mean these chapters are hardly staying on topic from one week to another. A chapter in the future where Negi is dead, then a chapter back in present day undoing what happened last chapter, then a chapter somewhere between the two focusing on events unrelated to either of them. Akamatsu is better than that. It's hardly fair to the reader, but hey, at least Negi's alive and we've been promised an ending full of romance. That's something I guess. You take what you can get. Here's hoping for better luck with his next project. Looks like a sequel with Yue could be in the works. Can't imagine why else this chapter would exist.
Mar 6, 2012 1:42 AM

Feb 2010
not looking forward to the last chapter so many unanswered question left and only one chapter left.
Mar 6, 2012 1:45 AM

Dec 2010
Wow... to think this is how Negima is ending; i didn't like the idea of it dragging out so when it was announced that it was ending i was ok with it if it ended well and least to say...Its really depressing to think how far this has fallen.

sunlightheart said:
I swear to god, if you spin this off into some stupid detective manga about Yue. I will shatter your hands to a fine powder.

Lol XD
Mar 6, 2012 2:04 AM

Nov 2010
No one is commenting on how Yue developed into a fine, fine, fine young woman? Yue just shot up to the top of my favorite character list.
Mar 6, 2012 2:06 AM
Feb 2012
Uh was ok chapter I guess, but I didn't expect this, was a little out of place...Was expecting to hear some unanswered questions, guess I hoped too much. Most of this Chapter was just wasted imo.

Yue seemed more powerful, which I was glad to see, and the rest of the class who made a pactio we find out are protecting the world it seems. That was the only new info.

Also as others have mentioned does seem like a spin-off might be written or like a 2nd season manga possibly, or a follow on. Have to wait and find out though.

Guessing the person at the end is Negi? xD Since it was like lightning striking down, well I just hope the final chapter is an improvement and answers some of those questions that have been left out..
Mar 6, 2012 2:19 AM

Sep 2007
Nilvius said:
silvr said:

Mahou Tantei Yue-chan!

FUCK YEAH ! XD
Anyways, i want Negi marriage !
Or who he live with !
Mar 6, 2012 2:55 AM

May 2011
Like seriously? A whole chapter of yue with no continuation to the plot? Lol i have totally gave up on the last chapter, negima has been dropping on me since they entered the magical world. Like seriously, what the hell is going on in the past few months?

Well i guess i will stop my whinning and patiently waits for the last chapter, i dont think ken's gonna be able to pull off any miracle for a good epilogue but at least i hope it will be a decent one, although i highly doubt the possibility of that happening at all.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 6, 2012 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
ok tha.... that's it i'll read the last chapter cuz it's the last but FUCK U Ken that was too much for us /at least for me/

and i think last chapter will be his biggest troll move
Mar 6, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
No one expected this shit coming right? right?

Hahaha, Negima was a nice Manga. Let's give Ken a credit for that.
Mar 6, 2012 5:41 AM

Sep 2011
If they outta no where say thats negis kid im gonna flip, because they kid even asked who the hell the kid in the picture was, so if he out of nowhere is like O SNAP ITS DAD im gonna snap....
Mar 6, 2012 6:01 AM
Apr 2011
This chapter was obviously made so that Negi choosing Yue next chap will make more sense.
Mar 6, 2012 6:03 AM

Jan 2011
This just feels so awkward with a random time-skip of a few years and showing Yue at the academy still.
I just can't put in my mind what all of it will eventually follow up to, nor figure out who Negi's 'crush' was from the big bombshell of my original thought of it being Asuna being blown out the door.
Mar 6, 2012 7:15 AM

Jun 2010
How bad.
Mar 6, 2012 7:27 AM

Jul 2008
silvr said:

Yep I could definitively see Nodoka being the one that come to save Yue with a spin off with Yue and Nodoka.
A magical detective manga sound pretty neat but right that's probably just me hoping for it and it won't happen.

Chapter was very good in itself, now as a closure chapter I think that it's very bad because it does not do it's role of closing the story but rather expand it further (Which is the thing that give me hope for a spin off or sequel manga).

I think that there's too much left in this world just to discard it and with the fanbase and the sale I doubt that Ken would have been allowed to finish it if he hadn't something up his sleeve be it a sequel/spin off manga or simply a new original work.

If they outta no where say thats negis kid im gonna flip, because they kid even asked who the hell the kid in the picture was, so if he out of nowhere is like O SNAP ITS DAD im gonna snap....

2 years passed since graduation. Even if Negi had fucked a girl on the day of the graduation and got her pregnant his child wouldn't even be 2 year old.
Mar 6, 2012 9:26 AM
Oct 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:
silvr said:

Yep I could definitively see Nodoka being the one that come to save Yue with a spin off with Yue and Nodoka.
A magical detective manga sound pretty neat but right that's probably just me hoping for it and it won't happen.

Chapter was very good in itself, now as a closure chapter I think that it's very bad because it does not do it's role of closing the story but rather expand it further (Which is the thing that give me hope for a spin off or sequel manga).

I think that there's too much left in this world just to discard it and with the fanbase and the sale I doubt that Ken would have been allowed to finish it if he hadn't something up his sleeve be it a sequel/spin off manga or simply a new original work.

2 years passed since graduation. Even if Negi had fucked a girl on the day of the graduation and got her pregnant his child wouldn't even be 2 year old.

they did have Chao for a while so its possible but unlikely. I'm just wishing for a spin off .

YOU HERE THAT KEN-SAMA WE WANT A SPIN OFF OR YOU WONT BE KEN-SAMA ANY MORE
Mar 6, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 2011
Well yeah, probably a start for a spin off. Maybe he just made this chapter so his decision in the final chapter has any sense. Maybe in this short story he will show up to help yue along with the girl he choosed (propably nodoka since it would be kind of strange if yue and nodoka got separated and yue goes lazy after that). And... it's just my opinion but chapter 353 would even be called "the end" if not for asuna's question about who's the girl negi likes and then getting that excited about it.
Mar 6, 2012 11:13 AM
Mar 2011
Ah, forgot to say... did someone else notice the "demon" in this chapter is like the one on chapter235 in when they went to the public baths of mundus magikus? the one who liked to grope every single boob XD. But this one's "false body" is a little thinner and got some holes on it, also this one got more arms.
Mar 6, 2012 11:15 AM

Dec 2010
The only thing the ending can do right now is show who it was he chose; it better be "shocking" also otherwise Asuna's reaction was redundant.

Annoyance said:
This chapter was obviously made so that Negi choosing Yue next chap will make more sense.

She looked like she still likes him; but it looks like she wasn't chosen since at first before the blush she looked reminiscent as if she wasn't chosen.

-MgZ_ said:
No one expected this shit coming right? right?

Hahaha, Negima was a nice Manga. Let's give Ken a credit for that.

How it has fallen :/

reikix said:
it's just my opinion but chapter 353 would even be called "the end" if not for asuna's question about who's the girl negi likes and then getting that excited about it.

Chapter 353 would have made a better ending than this... at the very least; last chapter actually had ending vibes, and then we get this...
Mar 6, 2012 11:18 AM

May 2008
next chapter ending *facepalm*
Mar 6, 2012 11:32 AM

Oct 2010
Negima is obviously gonna be continued in another form - like a new story in the same universe. So ending chapters must not contain only "ending vibes". They must also have the foundation for the new saga in them.

And this manga can`t fall. Naked Yue and a bit of lesbian echi - nothing new and actually something which is obligatory for Negima. Why so serious, dudes?

BTW Yue is fucking hot. But i hope that Negi didn`t choose her - i`ve been voting for Eva-chan.
Well, Yue is not the worst option though. I don`t dislike her. Still better than Nodoka - Nodoka irritated me to no end...
Mar 6, 2012 11:51 AM

Mar 2011
Interesting chapter. I'd love to read more about the adventures of the Ministra Negi later in life.

That said, this seems like an odd choice for the second-last chapter.
Mar 6, 2012 12:29 PM

Apr 2009
Art2010 said:
It's only been 7 years and that kid is Makie's brother
And does anyone else hate Paio?
Mar 6, 2012 12:34 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it said years later.
If Yue has her own business, I'm assuming that it has been more than 2 years because the graduation was for middle school. 7 is a possibility.
I'm really hoping this has something to do with the plot, otherwise, it is just another fanservice chapter...
Mar 6, 2012 12:52 PM

Oct 2009
Eh, I liked it cus my fav char out of Negima was Yue. That said, i would've liked for her not to be the subject of the time skip, just so she can stay young. Xp
Mar 6, 2012 1:07 PM

Mar 2009
Who was that perverted demon thing with many hands and why so much fan service and no progress? :(

I liked those perverted moments but why now when manga is ending? Should't there be more of a summary chapter? ;/

What a crap...
Mar 6, 2012 1:27 PM

Sep 2008
so much in my head....if the ending it´s noot amuzing, im gonna have to remember negima as an exelent manga with shit for ending, i dont want that, i love this manga, what am im going to without this, read naruto?.....please....i need a shoking ending...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 6, 2012 1:53 PM

May 2008
Guys, it's written at the beginning of this chapter loud and clear: 7 YEARS LATER; i.e. Yue and other girls are 22 and Negi is 18!

I hope Ken isn't just trolling with this and he really means to do a spin off or a sequel *crossed fingers*.
Mar 6, 2012 2:30 PM

Oct 2011
Sequel?? Spin-off?? oh please not happening although I wish it would... I suspect so cuz Negi's objective (to find his Dad) isn't accomplished as yet so what the hell is Ken Akamatsu gonna do...
Mar 6, 2012 2:37 PM

May 2011
Wow! Yue is become awesome there, though I didn't like the beginning.
Mar 6, 2012 3:43 PM
Aug 2010
Some of you guys automatically believe that this manga will have a sequel or spin-off....

I guess I'm the ONLY one that doesn't believe that.

Sorry, but I've seen other manga end just like this....(Where nothing is solved and there's just a bunch of questions)...and there is NO sequel or spin-off.

I know Negmia is very popular, but if Ken wanted to do a Sequel, why would he finish this manga???

Why not just continue it until it is properly finished???

Oh well, personally I don't really care if there is a spin-off or sequel, Negima's has been so bad for the past 2 years I can't really expect something good at this point.
Mar 6, 2012 6:17 PM

Mar 2011
All thoughts or a proper ending or no aside, I really felt like a proud dad to see Yue all grown up and being a lazy graduate!

I wouldnt mind this breaking down into tales of Mars or something and just have a collection of short stories about each of the girls and the transforming solar system.
Mar 6, 2012 10:35 PM

Jul 2008
ichigo03 said:
Some of you guys automatically believe that this manga will have a sequel or spin-off....

I guess I'm the ONLY one that doesn't believe that.

Sorry, but I've seen other manga end just like this....(Where nothing is solved and there's just a bunch of questions)...and there is NO sequel or spin-off.

I know Negmia is very popular, but if Ken wanted to do a Sequel, why would he finish this manga???

Why not just continue it until it is properly finished???

Oh well, personally I don't really care if there is a spin-off or sequel, Negima's has been so bad for the past 2 years I can't really expect something good at this point.

1- Negima is a popular work in jump and popular manga in jump aren't allowed to end until they drop a lot in popularity. The very fact that Ken was allowed to end his manga pretty much imply that Ken have something else up his ass be it a sequel/spin off manga or a totally new original manga serie.

2- There's thing you can do in a spin off manga that you can't really do in the manga it's deviated from. The manga is called Mahou sensei negima and the name lost it's purpose ever since the students graduated and Negi stopped being a teacher.
Also a spin off manga allow you to change the way the story is told, the mains characters and give a fresh new feeling to it, it also serve as a good marketing value. On another note a spin-off manga does not have to follow on it's predecessor's storyline. Basically it does not have to fit the hole in the main serie even though it would be pretty much cheap not to.

Ken focusing especially on Yue's life after all these event with a damn follow up chapter as the two final chapter on the manga has a very good chance of opening up a spin off manga. If he planned on ending everything here he would had made better use of these last two chapter.
Mar 7, 2012 12:43 AM
Aug 2010
Now look, I never read Negima expecting anything good, and it's been pretty bad at times, but this was utter shit.
Mar 7, 2012 9:10 AM

Dec 2007
Didn't expect Yue to be doing this kind of business but at least we got Yue fanservice so it's all cool. Very bad placement for this chapter though. >_>

sunlightheart said:

Lol. But but but we'll get lots of Yue fanservice! =P

Maddo_scientisto said:

Time capsule can fix that. You know what? That'd be an awesome way to troll its readers. lol
Mar 7, 2012 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't expect this chapter to be bad..
Let's just hope for a good last chapter.
Mar 7, 2012 11:56 AM

Jul 2008
People should remember that Ken's style is randomness and fanservice.
Most people here started to read Negima when it was in mahou sekai arc and probably forgot that fanservice and randomness were omnipresents before that.

Negima was not meant to be a serious shonen with a detailled plot from the start and I beleive that Ken's mistake was to try to turn it that way.
Ken should return to his roots while making use of the world he built in negima and a spin off manga might be the key to that.
Mar 7, 2012 12:19 PM

Sep 2008
Ken is a man of many narrative talents. Certainly his writing has always had a liberal dose of humor, but I don't think we can write him off as "His style is randomness and fanservice" as if the rest of what he did doesn't count. He's proficient at character growth. That dates all the way back to Love Hina. He's proficient in battle-shonen and more serious plots. This manga has been all of these things, and to simply leave the plot and characters of the manga unattended in the conclusion of the comic in favor of gags and fanservice isn't excusable simply by nature of the fact that both have always been a large part of the series.
Mar 7, 2012 12:53 PM

Sep 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:

1- Negima is a popular work in jump and popular manga in jump aren't allowed to end until they drop a lot in popularity. The very fact that Ken was allowed to end his manga pretty much imply that Ken have something else up his ass be it a sequel/spin off manga or a totally new original manga serie.

FYI, Negima isn't in Jump.
Mar 7, 2012 7:26 PM

Jun 2008
Ok, what? If I'm not mistaken there are a bunch of things still unsettled...
Signature Here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 355 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ichig0fan - Mar 10, 2012

195 by sookydoobee »»
Mar 26, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 24 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 19, 2023

0 by removed-user »»
Feb 19, 2023 7:17 PM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 46 Discussion

Deago - Jul 15, 2022

1 by KeyboardKlutz »»
Aug 19, 2022 11:39 AM

» Who he ends up with and how many

Radtoter - Sep 28, 2021

1 by asiank0ala »»
Jun 4, 2022 8:24 AM

Poll: » Mahou Sensei Negima! Chapter 14 Discussion

R2 - Oct 27, 2017

1 by Mattinator95 »»
Mar 2, 2021 5:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.