Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Another (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 28, 2012 12:36 AM

Jan 2012
bakacaterpie said:
I thought this episode was mainly for fan-service, but I was wrong. I wonder why the curse happens even when they are outside the area?!?!
Read the content of this thread above your post. or My earlier post, which pretty much summarises it, for ideas / viewer speculation.
Feb 28, 2012 12:46 AM

Dec 2010
Good episode even if they spent more time on the fanservice than the needed to. All i'm gonna add though is that it better not be Sakakibara who is the dead ghost; honestly, i got some relief when Mei and Izumi said it wasn't him so hopefully that turns out to be true because of all the plot twists they could pull that would be the worst one imo.
Feb 28, 2012 12:55 AM

Jun 2010
Teshigawara > Akazawa > Kouichi> Mei?

Akazawa x Kouichi +1

I was like "SHIT THIS IS GOING TO BE BRUTAL" when I saw the boat coming..
Feb 28, 2012 1:04 AM
Jul 2011
Akazawa <3 mizugi
Feb 28, 2012 1:11 AM
Jan 2012
Akazawa x Teshigawara 4 lyf <3

Feb 28, 2012 1:18 AM

May 2010
that ep man the i got in touch with my inter blackness.

ahhhh shit here we go the storm
boy goes in to water were's the sharks
ahhhh shit he's knock out
see other run after him was like dont go
see's boat coming sling HOLY SHIT

over all was good ep 10/10
Feb 28, 2012 1:43 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Needs more pictures of Akazawa. And Reiko as well.
Since people ask so shall people get it!

About the fan service, I see it 2 sides. For one it gives out some good comedy to relief the horrifying stuff from before. For 2 it also can act a s powerful tool to impact more people as the girls die. Now you know that in the OP both of them are in it. So they die.

In the list,
  • Izumi’s fan service in the spoiler
    well it was intimidating. For one big breasts always do that. Other than that her figure is nice.

• Risky shot of Izumi is risky in the spoiler
    that angel I did not expect at all. Such a waste knowing she might be dead soon.

• Izumi/Suigita group pics in the spoiler
    showed more of Izumi. However Suigita was not bad herself. Again I think her breasts are too big but less exaggerated than Suigita.

• Suigita fan service and risky shots are risky of Suigita in the spoiler
    the camera angel again is at fault there.

• Reiko fan service in the spoiler
    showed how much of a figure she has but regardless the problem is they are putting out the big breasts again. Well with the glasses I guess it makes somewhat of a difference.

• Izumi/Mei/Kouichi group pics in the spoiler
    revealed nicely how much a nice group Mei/Izumi make. However Mei is still the best.

• Mei is still the best in the spoiler
    she has all I want.
Of Mei I can say the following,

Is my favourite pose of her. Mei to me means a lot. Her skin colour is what I like in girls IRL. Her chest size is also a factor along with her appearance in general. So I can say that I was quite happy and will be quite angry if anything happens to her.

As for another reasoning of the fan service other than breasts is to make guys cringe after they see those girls die. It’s a setup that works if you are gullible or not informed ahead of time. Gullible as in infatuated with one of those girls except for Mei. Now just don’t get fooled by it. Still such a waste of bodies and beauty. Well I did not make the mistake. In fact I ROFL all the way of the fan service in this episode TBH.

BTW Image Stitches in the spoiler
Reiko fan service, group fan service.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 28, 2012 1:51 AM

Jan 2011
Can I say nice boat?
Feb 28, 2012 1:52 AM

Jun 2011
I like how they lull you into a false sense of security with the beach part, I am also liking how tense so many scenes feel because you don't know what's going to happen next.

Feb 28, 2012 1:57 AM

Aug 2011
^ trying to justify fan service = LOL.

soulassassin547 said:
mdz said:
Why the fuck does anybody like this show? Guilty Crown is better than this, and that show's the epitome of shit that's painted to look pretty.

18 minutes of bullshit filler with nothing happening, followed by two minutes of meh plot, ended with a bullshit, avoidable, ridiculous, and illogical death.
You trollin', man? Try harder.
Yeah, way too obvious trolling.
Feb 28, 2012 2:00 AM
Feb 2012
Ok, I've watched episode 1 again and found some hints of places where people are somehow going to die because at the beginning where a certain guy tells the story about Misaki, it shows places where the previous deaths have happened.. This includes the umbrella, elevator, the place where Takabayashi died, the classroom (where the teacher commited suicide), the bag he's carrying and now the yacht.. It also shows places we haven't seen yet. Could it be possible that these are the next places where the deaths will occur?

Anyways, that was just my theory...Now, leading up the the episode. Didn't really quite expect that "another" person will die on this episode since it really looked like a fanservice one XD. I also already have a feeling that someone's gonna die when the strong wind blows. Great, now the curse may still occur even if out of Yomiyama? *sigh* Questions have risened up again.. Anyways, it seems like the next episode will be creepy and awesome...I can't wait! XD
Feb 28, 2012 2:16 AM

Aug 2010
This episode made me smile multiple times oh gosh why is everyone so moé

when suddenly
BLOODSHED UNDERWATER
this death was rather nicely done, in contrast with the last two
Feb 28, 2012 2:50 AM

Aug 2011
Guys, I think reiko has something to do with it.
She's been acting weird all the time and when you think about it it makes sense.
Especially with the bird. The bird keeps chanting Rei, doushite?

Kouichi thinks he is talking about himself but we all know Japanese people tend to shorten names. What if Rei doesn't stand for the bird but for Rei-ko?
That explains why reiko hates that bird so much, she is being reminded constantly about the thing she hides. Reiko knows something important, and the bird knows that.

Anyone agree?
Feb 28, 2012 3:21 AM

May 2010
Lol,Reiko minds her age..
Feb 28, 2012 3:29 AM

Apr 2008
At first, I was like 'Oh..a nice thriller..I'm not scared, people dieing. It's only anime.'

After episode 4, 'shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...that elevat- shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii"

After episode 8, 'OH MAN U NO SAFE! I'M SCARED! RUN SON! RUN!'

After the preview of episode 8, '.......mommy where r u?'
Nekomimi~
Feb 28, 2012 3:41 AM

Oct 2010
About the preview, I see some people might be confused of its elements. So I made a list going through each one.
  • From the looks of how Misaki/Chibiki/Mei and Kouichi are dressed in the spoiler
    they are coming from the funeral of that person who died. So I assume something might start from there.

• The person where the blood drips in the spoiler
    looks to me like a gruesome death to come. It looks worse than it appears to me.

• Intro of electrocution death in the spoiler
    looks someone will die from lighting there.

• I don’t know WTF is up with the nurse and the body who has a arm missing in the spoiler
    but it could just be a dream again. Since the way it’s presented is similar to the way one of Kouichi’s dreams were.

• The tape in the spoiler
    is probably what Katsumi left in the class. I assume it contains detailed instruction and so the desk writing may not be the only clue.

• The mansion in the spoiler
    is shown in the OP. Something terrible will happen in there. I have a guts feeling of it. Furthermore the chandelier event might occur in there.

• HOLY SHIT! I got scared shitless in the spoiler
    that is like the only thing in this episode that me jump from my chair. YUKARI! OH SHIT! She is back from the dead for revenge.
Thus this is what I think of the preview.

My suggestion is to brace oneself for next episode cause I think the slaughter is about to start! And it ain’t looking pretty at all!
Stunfisk said:
I like how they lull you into a false sense of security with the beach part,
Actually, I pointed out exactly the setup they use for that but it's way more than that.
Yumekichi11Feb 28, 2012 3:44 AM

Feb 28, 2012 3:42 AM

Oct 2011
the sense of impending disaster in that episode was nearly too much to bear - it took about 9/10 of the show to pay off - the true definition of suspense - every week is like a new roller coaster ride through hell - love this show!!!
Feb 28, 2012 4:11 AM

Oct 2011
Superb animation, but the episode was pretty much unnecessary up to the end, where that guy died, in the most stupid way possible by the way. Why would you go up to the beachball, when it's so far off? I mean, just buy a new one, fuck it. Geez.
Feb 28, 2012 4:27 AM
Jun 2007
Lol that death was dumb. They should've just either bought a new one or called him back after he popped up again, but nobody said anything and instead, they all went chasing after him. Wtf.
Feb 28, 2012 4:55 AM

Dec 2011
Mei has something that not many flemale character has... She is creepy in some creepy way. Celty from Durarara!!! has something like that (she has no head and is extremely hot)

Now, here is a thought about the episode:
They where out of the town so the curse isn't supossed to work, right?
But some one died... so either:
1- The curse is getting stronger trought time
or...
2-The "Another" was with them and so the curse.
Feb 28, 2012 4:59 AM

Dec 2011
I finally found time to watch this episode....

And fuck....

First, why do all 15 year old girls have such big boobs... Even that nerd girl (or at least she reminds me if a nerd), she is just hot... And then we have Mei with small boobs, or at least it looks that way... It's not like I care about that in this anime, but this episode just was all funservice until that last scene.... I couldn't watch it since I witnessed the same thing and I knew what's coming the moment I saw the boat.

Looks like curse has nothing to do with a town, but it seems to me that cursed person curses whole town, so my guess is that Reiko (who I still think is the dead one) cursed this town making Yomiyama safe for the day...

Also... I really like Akazawa, pretty and sexy (in a cartoony/anime way ofc :D ).... Reiko too, and if she is the dead one, then shit...

Also Mei is still the best, and definitely Mei x Kouchi... But I wouldn't mind Izumi x Kouichi too.... I haven't read the manga (waiting for the anime to end to do so) but I've seen few pages... So many differences... If I remember correctly Mei's eye is blue in manga...

Also I heard we will get a different ending in anime then in manga... If that is true then it might be worth reading manga...
Feb 28, 2012 6:15 AM

Sep 2011
First, let me just say it, I DON'T LIKE THIS EPISODE AT ALL.

I mean, the director is clearly trying to incorporate every single element possible into this episode: comedy, fanservice, moe, ecchi, mystery, and of course, the inevitable bloody death of someone. I understand that it's for the suspense purpose, but to me it's just very messy. Especially for certain parts where he tries to blend all of these elements together. If you want to do comedy, just concentrate on comedy. Don't overlay it with creepy music that completely destroys the mood!

Oh yeah, and that nice boat ending. Are they trying to parody Final Destination's improbable deaths or something like that for the past episodes? If yes, fuck the writers. Can't they just think up of something more original and natural? The recent deaths made me cringe more than anything else.

On the other hand, next episode looks like fun. Perhaps they are finally going to solve all the mysteries once and for all?
Feb 28, 2012 6:19 AM

Nov 2008
They thought they would be okay outside the town, seems that they can't be anymore.The clue was left in the classroom years ago, let's see where it could be.
Feb 28, 2012 6:21 AM

Oct 2010
good episode, this is another person who is quite irrelevant to the story who has been killed off, i hope next time they kill some one who we actually know
Feb 28, 2012 7:20 AM

Feb 2012
@Yumekichi11
I think the lightning death is a flashback to the Yomiyama shrine trip in 1983. Look at the length of the skirt/stockings of the girl in front.

akutasame94 said:
Even that nerd girl (or at least she reminds me if a nerd)

She has glasses, so obviously she's a nerd by default ^_^
Feb 28, 2012 7:32 AM

Jan 2012
Heeh???? Another one died...there was a severed hand there...............

And how Matsunaga saved his class from before? What could he had left for them in the school? Ohhh, can't wait to see how this would end!!!

Feb 28, 2012 7:33 AM

Aug 2011
mrghost_00 said:
First, let me just say it, I DON'T LIKE THIS EPISODE AT ALL.

I mean, the director is clearly trying to incorporate every single element possible into this episode: comedy, fanservice, moe, ecchi, mystery, and of course, the inevitable bloody death of someone.
Thank God they didn't put in any ecchi. I was happy there at least weren't any grab-Kouichi's-arm press-oversized-boobs-into-arm-and-giggle moments.

Mei was already moe to begin with, and mystery is what this is all about, and everything should have SOME chuckle moments to lighten the mood, but yeah... that shitty fan service...
Feb 28, 2012 7:39 AM
Nov 2009
It's getting better but I wonder how it will wrap it all up in just 12 episodes?
Feb 28, 2012 7:41 AM

Dec 2011
Well that just proved it that they can die outside of Yomiyama.
Feb 28, 2012 7:54 AM

May 2008
just knew it someone was gonna die in the water lol damn wonder what will happen next!
Feb 28, 2012 7:59 AM

May 2010
WTH happened here !!? Looks like the curse does work outside the town
Feb 28, 2012 8:02 AM

Dec 2011
Killing someone in a beach episode, epic, Another!
Feb 28, 2012 8:03 AM

Apr 2009
UMI DA!

So this accident outside the town means none of the rules about the curse can be trusted. No idea how this is going to play out now.
Feb 28, 2012 8:40 AM

Feb 2012
mp said:
It's getting better but I wonder how it will wrap it all up in just 12 episodes?

I actually think we're getting close. EP9 is going to be a big one, especially if Matsunaga's cassette tape is revealed to be significant.
Feb 28, 2012 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
Well this was a shit episode. Nothing happens until the last minute and then we just find out that some clue was left in the classroom??? And they eat the octopus???!!! It was a lot cuter than the fish man.

And the death was bad.
Feb 28, 2012 9:06 AM

Jan 2011
I thought this wouldn't be a fan service episode, throughout the ep I thought it was, but the end changed it.
Next episode will be blood, thunder and other cool stuff.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 28, 2012 9:09 AM
Jun 2011
bebe14 said:
Well this was a shit episode. Nothing happens until the last minute and then we just find out that some clue was left in the classroom??? And they eat the octopus???!!! It was a lot cuter than the fish man.

And the death was bad.

I was hoping it was going to be a shark.
And they ate the octopus because the fish was a blowfish. I doubt any of them there was a chef.
Hi.
Feb 28, 2012 9:27 AM

Oct 2011
HOLY S***! I thought this was a happy-go-lucky episode, and then bam! Somebody got run over bu a boat and his hand was cut off by the propeller. Trucks kept me thinking, "Are they gonna crash?"

Great Episode.

I really wish I haven't read the character profiles last month. Somebody just had to put in there who was the "dead person". I hope they remove it soon. Or maybe it was my fault I clicked that spoiler button.
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Feb 28, 2012 9:42 AM

Oct 2011
shadowtsunami said:
Also am I the only one that noticed this:

Doesn't Izumi look boney or anorexic, once you see it you can't un see it.

Looks fine to me.
“I’m glad you stopped me. I was really worried that you really wish that you never met me. I’m glad that I met you. I had a wonderful life. No matter what may await me, please don’t regret meeting me.” - Nagisa Furukawa

Feb 28, 2012 10:01 AM

Dec 2010
Kuchenlight said:
DraconisMarch said:
This was pretty hilarious though.

Aww man, this almost broke my heart. She was so happy to find something and it was a double fail. Poor Misaki.

I know right? He should have just humoured her. She was so cute, hahah.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 28, 2012 10:02 AM

Dec 2010
blahrgness said:
Fuck that was a sexy hermit crab.

10/10

Laughing so hard right now, hahah.
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 28, 2012 10:08 AM
Feb 2009
I was a little worried at first since I don't really care for those fanservice, beach episodes, but it was actually very funny and the ending made up for the rest of it.

And I can't deal with all the sexual tension between Akazawa and Teshigawara, they need to get it on soon.
Feb 28, 2012 10:09 AM

Dec 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
mp said:

I actually think we're getting close. EP9 is going to be a big one, especially if Matsunaga's cassette tape is revealed to be significant.

I agree. EP9 is going to be huge.

If I want to respond to more than one quote without having to do it multiple times. How exactly do I do that? Dumb question, I know. I don't want to continue to spam y'all by posting two or three times in a row though.
HinaFeb 28, 2012 10:37 AM
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Feb 28, 2012 10:49 AM

Aug 2011
Hinaaa said:
Hakuromatsu said:
mp said:

I agree. EP9 is going to be huge.

If I want to respond to more than one quote without having to do it multiple times. How exactly do I do that? Dumb question, I know. I don't want to continue to spam y'all by posting two or three times in a row though.
Just click the quote button below each person's post. It'll keep adding them to the end of your reply block. There's always copy/paste if it encompasses more than one page.
Feb 28, 2012 10:49 AM

Feb 2012
Watching this anime is sorta painful for me. Why won't they stop believing this curse&witches bs and start looking for the culprit already?
Feb 28, 2012 11:03 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was better than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be the usual anime beach episode and it was far from it. I really don't remember the boy who died.
Feb 28, 2012 11:05 AM

Oct 2010
Hakuromatsu said:
@Yumekichi11
I think the lightning death is a flashback to the Yomiyama shrine trip in 1983. Look at the length of the skirt/stockings of the girl in front.
Could be then again sounds still cool to see. Flashbacks are always + for BG info.

Feb 28, 2012 11:08 AM

Jul 2011
what a BOWWWRIIINNGG episode... this series drop from 8 at the early episodes, to 7 at last episode, and persoanlly , right now it's 6 for me...

and, come on... that death is totally expected! and it seems like nobody gives a fuck if he dies or not, he's just a background character, all we know about him is... he got carsick.
From previous episode, judging from the look he's giving to Sakakibara, this guy seems like the one who hates him the most... i expect him to have a better or more memorable personality, so disappointing..

Why cant they kill someone more necessary? like that blonde guy, it would make a bigger impact after a filler-slice-of-life-boring-trying-to-be-cute-but-shocking-beach-episode.
it breaks my heart to see a series that has a potential to be epic like this, turns into a complete shit

AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT ALL OF THE BORING 543543534667765 MINUTE SCENE OF THEM PLAYING AT THE BEACH... YAYYYY WATERMELON...YAYYYY FISHING COMPETITION AWWW BUT WE'RE ALL SO BAD AT THIS WE DIDN'T CATCH ANYTHING... UUH WAWWWWW BIG FISH OH NOOOO ITS JUST A SEA CUCUMBAR AWWW IT LANDED IN MY HAIR AWWW NOOOO AWWW CUTEEE AWWW VOLLEYBALL MEOW MEOW LALALALA SO FUN XOXO
Feb 28, 2012 11:11 AM

Jan 2010
- I felt fucking trolled in the beginning. Although I could sorta tell it wasn't blood. Looked a little too pink.
- The tank part made me nervous. I hate sitting in a car and driving by tanks too. It makes me uneasy.
- Mei was adorable.
- Why did they all have to have huge boobs?
- That ending left me with my mouth open. I thought the curse didn't work outside of Yomiyama?
Feb 28, 2012 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
Predictable but amazing.

Their tits were much larger than expected. Bwahahahaha.

Plus. Misaki is so fucking cute.
No.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Another Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

jenanime - Jan 9, 2012

476 by Tucefull »»
Apr 15, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sir_Lexa - Jan 30, 2012

537 by Jaakusameyumi »»
Apr 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2012

1042 by Fanerogame »»
Mar 28, 9:05 AM

» Well, this ending was a bit ass. Very mixed opinions.

TrhlaSlecna - Jan 10

25 by TrhlaSlecna »»
Feb 21, 2:38 PM

Poll: » Another Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2012

341 by JoJo_Enjoyerr »»
Feb 19, 12:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.