Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2012 3:50 AM

Sep 2010
akutasame94 said:

And I already stated that in my second post... Also it's my opinion that those shows got old and boring... I started to hate them, and pretty much every show in my list of that character i watched when I was 10....

Very true. If only you had stated it in that way in your first post, similarly how you stated your detest about yaoi, I wouldn't have made my comment.

Feb 20, 2012 3:53 AM

Dec 2011
Anime_Name said:
akutasame94 said:

And I already stated that in my second post... Also it's my opinion that those shows got old and boring... I started to hate them, and pretty much every show in my list of that character i watched when I was 10....

Very true. If only you had stated it in that way in your first post, similarly how you stated your detest about yaoi, I wouldn't have made my comment.

And then can we agree that it's my opinion and has nothing to do with overall situation in industry?
Feb 20, 2012 3:58 AM

Jan 2012
of course Yaoi lmao and also sports
Feb 20, 2012 4:05 AM

Sep 2010

And then can we agree that it's my opinion and has nothing to do with overall situation in industry?

Agree with what? I believe we've been saying the samething for the last few posts. If it is your opinion that the genre is getting boring then there's going to be debate from me. If you want to say that you are bored with the genres then there's nothing for me to debate about. Those are the only two options I'm aware of.

Feb 20, 2012 6:03 AM

Jan 2009
Shoujo, Josei and Yaoi.
Feb 20, 2012 6:13 AM

Aug 2009
Sports

Gay anime including Futanari

Any anime pokemon,Yugioh,digimon and similar anime where the goal is to capture,train and fight monsters.It just seems like a subliminal message that animal fighting is okay.
Feb 20, 2012 6:34 AM
Feb 2011
Drama
­
Feb 20, 2012 7:23 AM

Feb 2012
ezikialrage said:
Any anime pokemon,Yugioh,digimon and similar anime where the goal is to capture,train and fight monsters.It just seems like a subliminal message that animal fighting is okay.

Well, Satoshi Tajiri created Pocket Monsters from his love of insect collecting -- not fighting -- as a child (even so, insect fighting generally isn't considered to be morally or ethically wrong, especially beetle fighting). I think "subliminal message" is a bit strong.
Feb 20, 2012 7:43 AM

Aug 2011
Ecchi. Hentai. Yaoi. Yuri. Incest. Sports.

It's a little worst than "not care for."
Feb 20, 2012 8:17 AM

Aug 2011
I avoid harems like grim death, especially "date sims" harems a la Clannad.
Also not a big fan of sports and mecha anime
Feb 20, 2012 10:09 AM

Dec 2011
JohnnyStaccato said:

Clannad is so much more than a simple harem...
Feb 20, 2012 10:16 AM

Sep 2010
Sports and ecchi
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 20, 2012 11:02 AM
Nov 2010
Yaoi and similar, pointless ecchi/harem(I have watched some), vampire and similar(I have watched some), I'm also not quite interested in sports anime...
There might be a couple more...
Feb 20, 2012 11:08 AM

Oct 2008
RLinksoul said:
Slice of Life is a tough one for me.

I too struggle to watch Slice of Life anime, but more specifically, Slice of Life anime that are dramas. There is just something very unamime-like about them. For example, I could only manage two episodes of Honey & Clover despite the desire to want to see more.
n10sityFeb 20, 2012 11:11 AM
Feb 20, 2012 11:13 AM

Jan 2012
Yaoi and yandere.
---
Feb 20, 2012 11:16 AM

Sep 2010
NK_500 said:
yandere.

This is a character type not an anime genre.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 20, 2012 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
Romance: I tend to avoid titles like this in general. Only a few out there that I enjoyed but there more on the Comedy side then romance.

Robot Anime/Mecha, Gundam, Code Geass etc. I don't really enjoy those shows, to much drama and it all feels the same. I never grew up a huge robot fan anyway.

Ecchi: I avoid them a lot of times, but there are some I actually enjoyed watching because of the style of humor.

Slice of Life/Moe Anime: Just... it feels like there's nothing happening. Ever!
Feb 20, 2012 11:48 AM

Dec 2011
ShippoK said:
Romance: I tend to avoid titles like this in general. Only a few out there that I enjoyed but there more on the Comedy side then romance.

Robot Anime/Mecha, Gundam, Code Geass etc. I don't really enjoy those shows, to much drama and it all feels the same. I never grew up a huge robot fan anyway.

Ecchi: I avoid them a lot of times, but there are some I actually enjoyed watching because of the style of humor.

Slice of Life/Moe Anime: Just... it feels like there's nothing happening. Ever!

What do you watch then... Most of anime have at least one of these in their sub genre... :D

Just to post my final answer since I got into little argument earlier:

Pretty much pointless action show where everything is about getting stronger and defeating someone.... Hero becoming stronger, surviving impossible.. I got bored with that (anime_name, happy?)

Yaoi..... Already stated why....

Everything else I can watch, and exactly the opposite of the posters above me drama/romance/slice of life is my favorite genre... :D
Feb 20, 2012 12:08 PM

Jan 2012
I forgot a few as well.
I can watch some Slice of Life anime, but it gets boring after awhile.

And Mecha anime. I can't watch Gundam and what not, I dunno. I just never liked giant robots. If an anime has a little bit of mecha in it, I can stand it , but not to the extent of Gundam.

I can watch a little bit of yaoi, unless they start to do it. I read yaoi manga sometimes, it just depends on the story line I guess.
Feb 20, 2012 12:11 PM

Dec 2011
LittleChocoWolf said:
I forgot a few as well.
I can watch some Slice of Life anime, but it gets boring after awhile.

And Mecha anime. I can't watch Gundam and what not, I dunno. I just never liked giant robots. If an anime has a little bit of mecha in it, I can stand it , but not to the extent of Gundam.

I can watch a little bit of yaoi, unless they start to do it. I read yaoi manga sometimes, it just depends on the story line I guess.

I hate when it's only about mecha fighting, but Gundam has a plot, and mecha is just there for it... Code Geass too... It has mecha but most important thing is story and Geass....:D
Feb 20, 2012 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
Mecha, unless some character catchs my attention.
Feb 20, 2012 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
LittleChocoWolf said:

Agree and if slice of life is the main genre, I can't do it.
Feb 20, 2012 12:16 PM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:

Frankly, I'd much rather watch a "simple", garden-variety harem... Clannad is a whole new level of tackiness - strictly IMHO, of course
Feb 20, 2012 12:18 PM

Dec 2011
JohnnyStaccato said:
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:

Frankly, I'd much rather watch a "simple", garden-variety harem... Clannad is a whole new level of tackiness - strictly IMHO, of course

Ah no, it's ok... I respect other people opinion...

But I must inform you that after episode 12 of season 2 every trace of harem disappears.... :D
Feb 20, 2012 12:35 PM

Aug 2011
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:

But I must inform you that after episode 12 of season 2 every trace of harem disappears.... :D

I haven't watched season 2. Anyway, even if every trace dissapears after episode 12 season 2, 3/4 of it is still a harem, however unusual it may be.

Ok, I'll just say that I don't like shows like Clannad, if you could call that "genre" - and many people do
Feb 20, 2012 1:13 PM

Sep 2011
I'm pretty sure I'm the only girl who doesn't like yaoi or shounen-ai at all. I don't mind the fans or anything, but girls obsess over it like it's some kind of godly thing just annoy me. It's not even all that great and I don't care for it at all.

I'll forever be the only girl that adores yuri/shoujo-ai.
Dont touch me I'm in despair.
Feb 20, 2012 1:34 PM

Dec 2011
JohnnyStaccato said:
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:
akutasame94 said:
JohnnyStaccato said:

I haven't watched season 2. Anyway, even if every trace dissapears after episode 12 season 2, 3/4 of it is still a harem, however unusual it may be.

Ok, I'll just say that I don't like shows like Clannad, if you could call that "genre" - and many people do

And that's ok... I just wanted to point it out... And no... It's lot less harem in first episodes than a first season... Anyway it's your opinion... :D

@SilentMelodies...

You are a girl and you like yuri? Where have you been all my life :D
Feb 20, 2012 1:40 PM

Feb 2012
I hate harems with moe all over it. I can stand Zero no Tsukaima because I like the type of humour, though all these girls getting on Saito make me want to kill them. I'm also alright with Highschool of the Dead, because in my opinion it has some other interesting features and genres in it.

Slice of life can be good, but it needs at least one of these conditions:
- Some drama in it
- Good type of humour = Comedy (It's me just being very picky sometimes)
- Probably a touch of supernatural in it. (Optional)

The slice of life that I hate is K-ON!. I think this anime is pointless, too cliché and has too much moe. I know moe isn't a genre, but I still dislike it. I really don't mind ecchi if they have some storylines in it, but moe... A little bit of moe, yes. But not all over the place.

It's all my opinion though ~ I don't mind any other genres. Oh yeah, and I hate tentacle erotica in hentai, it's disgusting.
Feb 20, 2012 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
I think i don't care much about magical girl-stuff now...even though I loved stuff like sailor moon in the past
Feb 20, 2012 2:36 PM

Dec 2009
Mecha is probably my least favorite genre. But I use to give them a chance too usually :)
Feb 20, 2012 2:59 PM
Apr 2010
Cheesy, tacked on romance that's there just because.
Harem
Ecchi
NiN10d0hFeb 20, 2012 3:06 PM
Feb 20, 2012 3:17 PM

Oct 2010
Suzune-chan said:
And Comedy for the sake of Comedy. I just don't find it funny

What should comedy be if it's not for the sake of :P?

I don't know what to say in this thread, really. If it's for interest, I don't get anything to start with one of those overly long shonen anime shows... but then again, I have not tried and probably would like something if I did. Same with mechas, I have Neon Genesis Evangelion in my plan to watch for something. And even if I don't care about ecchi, I can laugh like anybody else when it's done well.

Eh, maybe hentai? I tried to watch something just out of the curiosity and the result couldn't be more mediocre. Maybe I chose the wrong one.
Feb 20, 2012 3:36 PM

Oct 2011
I have 2 admit that shojo my least fav. BUT Cardcaptor Sakura is great... classic..indeed!
Feb 20, 2012 3:37 PM

Mar 2009
First disclaimer) There are many different anime genre/themes. There reason there are so many is because of the many preferences people have. We all watch anime for our own reasons and have even more fun when we run into people who share our specific enthusiasm. No one is better than or lesser than because they choose to watch this over that. That said, I will now answer the question.

Second disclaimer) There are exceptions to every rule but generally speaking I don't care for the following -Card Game/Tournament - Catgirl - Chibi - COMEDY (Gag or Wacky) - Ecchi - Fan Service - Gaming - Generic Shojo - Generic Shounen - Giant Robot - Gothloli - Guro - Harem - Idols - Lolicon - Magic Girl - Magical Girlfriend - Maids - Moe - Mon - Rom/Com - School - School Life - Shojo-ai - Sports - Super deformed - Super Robot - Tentacles - TOURNAMENT - Tsundere, Yandere, etc - Yuri - Zombies

And no, I don't have any difficulty finding stuff to watch.

(Some people have mentioned disliking that I generally enjoy: drama, mecha, mystery, psychological, shounen-ai, slice-of-life, "space opera", thriller, tragedy, yaoi.)
lisnoireFeb 20, 2012 5:12 PM
-animeS - The plural of anime is anime. More than one deer is still deer. There is no damn "s".
-epic |ˈepik| noun•a work portraying heroic deeds/adventures covering an long period of time - adjective • heroic/grand in scale or character
Active Military, Prior Service, and Veteran's Anime Club
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=25937&time=1299710079
Feb 20, 2012 3:45 PM

Sep 2011
tragedies.
that moment when you get attached to a character
and then they die OTL
i hate that :(

otherwise i can tolerate anything given that the art is nice. xD
Feb 20, 2012 4:01 PM
May 2011
ecchi
psychological
Feb 20, 2012 5:55 PM

Jun 2010
Mecha, don't know why just don't like it that much.
Feb 20, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
Mecha and Sports anime. I just don't find either that enjoyable or exciting at all.
Feb 20, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2012
ezikialrage said:

Gay anime including Futanari

I love Futa , man D:
Feb 20, 2012 6:03 PM

Feb 2011
There will always be exceptions, but the list I generally stay away from at first glance:

Ecchi
Sports
Shounen-ai
Shoujo-ai
Yaoi
Yuri
Mainstream shounen
Harems
Feb 20, 2012 6:07 PM
Nov 2010
sports and yaoi
Feb 20, 2012 6:08 PM

Jan 2012
i dont usually watch any kind of sports
Feb 20, 2012 6:09 PM

Apr 2008
Ecchi, Romance, Harem
Feb 20, 2012 6:10 PM
Feb 20, 2012 6:13 PM

Nov 2010
Mecha, Sports and and most definitely Yaoi...
Feb 21, 2012 12:55 AM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
Ecchi and harem mainly.
Then I've discovered that I like slice of life only in certain cases so I guess not that either xD
Feb 21, 2012 1:11 AM

Dec 2010
Hmm.. I really enjoy almost all genres of anime, however if I had to pick a couple I would say Ecchi and Harem simply because fan service isn't really my thing when it comes to anime..

A lot of people said sports but I haven't really watched a true "sports" anime so I can't really have an opinion on the subject :P
Feb 21, 2012 3:28 AM

Nov 2011
Nibbles335 said:
Mecha, Sports and and most definitely Yaoi...

Just I really could watch mecha sometimes, but Yaoi and Sports definitly not...also Yuri.
Feb 21, 2012 3:34 AM

Feb 2009
ecchi and sports

Feb 21, 2012 3:42 AM

Jul 2011
Parody, Sports, Shounen-ai, Shoujo and Josei
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» what kind of fashion

arhttr - 33 minutes ago

2 by LoveYourSmile »»
8 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

99 by Saiunknown »»
9 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - Yesterday

34 by ZXEAN »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - May 3

26 by oappo »»
47 minutes ago

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

11 by Anjuro »»
55 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.