Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 19, 2012 2:18 PM

Oct 2007
Shana: Yuji, clench your teeth!
*super awesome epic punch*

This show turned into TTGL 2. o_o
Feb 19, 2012 4:14 PM

May 2008
awesome episode Yuuji vs Shana was great and Johan appearing and escaping...

next episode seems like more Shana vs Yuuji! and afew other characters!
Feb 19, 2012 5:07 PM

Mar 2011
oh my, previous 2 seasons were so much better, this one just seems so random... major plot holes and no logic to the events :( way to ruin great show, hopefully they explain few things soon or its gonna be terrible.
Feb 19, 2012 5:56 PM
Aug 2007
Akai Namida <3 Can't believe it's been 6 years since that insert was used and at a fabulous moment too even though the outcome was obvious.
Feb 19, 2012 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
Riptos said:
Ahri said:

Also when Johann was talking about the rest of Yuji's plan.....>_> I'm kinda curious as to what that is.....And what does he believe Shana wouldn't accept?.....Hmmmm makes me wonder....Next few episodes are going to be interesting. Although i wish Shana and Yuji didn't have to fight *sniffle* :'<.

I suspect that for Yuji's plan to succeed he may have to sacrifice his own life for it, or at least give his consciousness over to the Snake of the Festival completely. I really dont think Shana would accept him killing himself...even if it was for her sake.

Of course it's all speculation on my part.

It was said that once the snake of the festival grants his people's wish he goes asleep for hundred if not thousands of years, the more power he used and the longer he'll be asleep.
I think that it'll end with Xanadu's creation (afterall this is a shounen so there's more chance that the world does change for the better rather than staying as it was before)
Yuji and the snake will fall asleep, Shana will be alone but will swear to wait for him.
Or something alongside those line.
Feb 19, 2012 8:25 PM

Jun 2010
This episode was awesome... But that minivan was completely random.
Feb 20, 2012 1:25 AM

Sep 2008
Yup, of course the most important female is the catalyst to change the outcome of everything.
In a happy world, Yuji would strike down Shana into oblivion, but of course he'll lose.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 1:46 AM

Jun 2009
2 things

1. Akai Namida... how nostalgic

2. What happen in this episode again?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 20, 2012 5:03 AM
Feb 2011
Maddo_scientisto said:
Riptos said:
Ahri said:

Also when Johann was talking about the rest of Yuji's plan.....>_> I'm kinda curious as to what that is.....And what does he believe Shana wouldn't accept?.....Hmmmm makes me wonder....Next few episodes are going to be interesting. Although i wish Shana and Yuji didn't have to fight *sniffle* :'<.

I suspect that for Yuji's plan to succeed he may have to sacrifice his own life for it, or at least give his consciousness over to the Snake of the Festival completely. I really dont think Shana would accept him killing himself...even if it was for her sake.

Of course it's all speculation on my part.

It was said that once the snake of the festival grants his people's wish he goes asleep for hundred if not thousands of years, the more power he used and the longer he'll be asleep.
I think that it'll end with Xanadu's creation (afterall this is a shounen so there's more chance that the world does change for the better rather than staying as it was before)
Yuji and the snake will fall asleep, Shana will be alone but will swear to wait for him.
Or something alongside those line.

Suddenly, what Johan says makes sense in this context.
Feb 20, 2012 6:16 AM

Jul 2011
lol at the minivan , it felt like something come out of bad jokes.

Still awesome episode neverthless. I hate yoshida but somehow i'm happy that she didn't died

can't wait for next episode
Feb 20, 2012 7:49 AM

Jan 2011
I had the idea this was 50% filler, a lot of useless stuff going on imo.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 20, 2012 12:29 PM

Mar 2009
I like the mess that is going on.
Feb 20, 2012 12:50 PM

May 2011
Shana going tsundere in the beginning was so refreshing to see. Sure has been a while since she went bakaaaaa. Then they started playing Akai Namida, oh the nostalgia.

Wonder what Pheles and Johan is planning along with those three people that Pheles recruited. Hmm.. even Khamsin decided he had to protect them, just what the heck are they trying to do? I really liked the nice speech Johan left to Yuji, hes trying to do this stuff for Shana but the outcome is apparently going to just make her sad. Seems like Yuji is still hiding something from Shana too, he's really gotta get everything out in the open imo. And I dno if I just forgot, but why did Wilhelmina say she got rejected again?

There's just so much stuff happening every episode, I love it. Preview mentions Frieder capturing Rofocale with a proposal, wow they're still adding in more factors to this fight. Not to mention Margery's role in the tower. Can't wait.
Feb 20, 2012 3:35 PM

Dec 2007
I do not know what I watched...
Feb 20, 2012 4:17 PM

Dec 2008
So like, just how goddamn weak is this God of Creation?
Fights on equal standing with Shana before being punched in the face(Really now.) and then followed by being overpowered by a Crimson Lord that kinda just popped out in a sandstorm.
And he's way too relaxed when so much wrong is going on with his brilliant one shot plan. Even Shana has resorted to projectile spamming.
Feb 20, 2012 5:10 PM

Sep 2007
UGH....I'm also kinda frustrated Yuji seems to be getting weaker.... I think it must be cuz he's getting mentally confused...BUT STILL...it seems like they MAJORYLY NERFED HIM.

Kinda wonder if he will be able to follow through with his plan (which I DO WANT TO HAPPEN). Damn you Flame Haze, just leave him alone so we can see the whole plan unfold and stuff.

I have to admit though...that the Johann vs Yuji thing made me sit on the edge of my seat with the Reiji Maigo tug-a-war thing (would Yuji have instantly died if it was taken?
It also seemed kinda random (what?! separating Johann from the Reiji Maigo was THAT BLOODY EASY?! Why didn't that happen earlier....DUR...)
....but at the end I was like "uh...ok.....Yuji has one less 'conscience' in him now....big deal?

GAH...everything is getting cryptic...maybe It'll make more sense to me if I just marathon the rest of the eps at once...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Feb 20, 2012 6:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ScarletGensokyo said:

Ikano said:
UGH....I'm also kinda frustrated Yuji seems to be getting weaker.... I think it must be cuz he's getting mentally confused...BUT STILL...it seems like they MAJORYLY NERFED HIM.

They didn't nerf him. Most of Snake power is creating Xanadu right now. The Snake is gathering power to create another universe. The goal of the snake was never to kill or fight against Flame Haze. The power of the snake is to grant wishes. Do you honestly think anyone stand a chance if the Gods (Snake, Alastor and the third one that will be revealed soon enough) actually behaved selfishly instead of being more a "force of nature".
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 20, 2012 6:53 PM
Dec 2007
wakka9ca said:
ScarletGensokyo said:

Ikano said:

They didn't nerf him. Most of Snake power is creating Xanadu right now. The Snake is gathering power to create another universe. The goal of the snake was never to kill or fight against Flame Haze. The power of the snake is to grant wishes. Do you honestly think anyone stand a chance if the Gods (Snake, Alastor and the third one that will be revealed soon enough) actually behaved selfishly instead of being more a "force of nature".
It's also a wee little good point to note that Shana is the Flame Haze of the counterpart of the God of Creation, God of Destruction Alastor also known as the Flame of the Heavens. Basically, Yuuji is at a particular disadvantage due to the fact he has to divide his strenght toward the creation of the new world and his fight with the God of Destruction. One could say Shana had a good chance of wiping the floor with him if he didn't had his top lieutenant providing backup.

Feb 20, 2012 8:06 PM

Dec 2010
This doesn't apply to everyone but the people that are saying it makes zero sense should re watch it because you would be under rating a show simply because you don't understand the plot; now if you dislike the plot that's a different story, but I've read so many people say whats going on when if you pay attention its not that hard to figure out; are there pieces of the puzzle missing well yeah, shit loads of them but that's why the show ain't over yet.

The theory that Yuji will fall asleep with the SoF sounds plausible since Johann definitely hinted at some kind of sacrifice as he said Yuji was denying himself happiness, so i look forward to seeing how it plays out; my only problem at this point would be the Flame Hazes as many of them (the nun, the "gods", Wilhelmina,etc) are intolerable, but if it ends well then I'll over look it since when all is said and done the only Flame Haze that really matters is Shana and she hasn't regressed past redemption unlike other Flame Hazes...

Also the ideas about why Yuji got mad weak this episode also makes sense since that was something i was curious about; how he went from owning all of them in episode 4 to this, granted Shana got "stronger" but it shouldn't have had that kind of effect, so him not being at full strength due to the creation of the new world makes sense.
InfiniteDestinyFeb 20, 2012 8:14 PM
Feb 20, 2012 10:03 PM

May 2010
By the way, for those who didn't understand the deal about the bus: it's Hyakki Yakou, and we saw them in ep. 16 as a bunch of farmers getting a message.
Feb 20, 2012 10:58 PM

Nov 2007
InfiniteDestiny said:
This doesn't apply to everyone but the people that are saying it makes zero sense should re watch it because you would be under rating a show simply because you don't understand the plot; now if you dislike the plot that's a different story, but I've read so many people say whats going on when if you pay attention its not that hard to figure out; are there pieces of the puzzle missing well yeah, shit loads of them but that's why the show ain't over yet.

Its almost mind blogging how little attention span some people seem to have when watching something huh...

InfiniteDestiny said:

The theory that Yuji will fall asleep with the SoF sounds plausible since Johann definitely hinted at some kind of sacrifice as he said Yuji was denying himself happiness, so i look forward to seeing how it plays out; my only problem at this point would be the Flame Hazes as many of them (the nun, the "gods", Wilhelmina,etc) are intolerable, but if it ends well then I'll over look it since when all is said and done the only Flame Haze that really matters is Shana and she hasn't regressed past redemption unlike other Flame Hazes...

Yes, since Johan knows the full plan he has decided to mess things up only because he disagrees with Yuji's fate after Xanadu is created, I guess being inside of him for so long made him attached to the guy lol.

InfiniteDestiny said:

Also the ideas about why Yuji got mad weak this episode also makes sense since that was something i was curious about; how he went from owning all of them in episode 4 to this, granted Shana got "stronger" but it shouldn't have had that kind of effect, so him not being at full strength due to the creation of the new world makes sense.

There is also the fact that Yuji is not (and never was) fighting all out to kill Shana. This is quite obvious in the fact that if he wished he could be using Blutsauger's special ability which would render Shana's sword skills useless. The only thing Yuji has to do at this point is just stall for time and wait till midnight hits.
Feb 21, 2012 4:28 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
OneMore said:
By the way, for those who didn't understand the deal about the bus: it's Hyakki Yakou, and we saw them in ep. 16 as a bunch of farmers getting a message.

Yeah, it's them:

bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 22, 2012 1:10 PM

Jan 2011
ScarletGensokyo said:
Fights on equal standing with Shana before being punched in the face(Really now.) and then followed by being overpowered by a Crimson Lord that kinda just popped out in a sandstorm.
And he's way too relaxed when so much wrong is going on with his brilliant one shot plan. Even Shana has resorted to projectile spamming.

I think many of you don't get one very basic thing in the plot.

Yuuji's not the God of Creation himself, he's his avatar. The real deal is the big badass snake. And that snake is so badass that it's not fighting - it is itself the battlefield XD
Just like Shana is Alastor's avatar, with the only difference being that the God of Creation can assume direct control.

They both have more or less the same amount of power backing them and each has a human body to channel it through. One body is controled by a highly trained former human, the other by a god that just awoke from a long slumber... There is no reason why those two should have any significant difference in power, they are equal, the only reason Shana got badly owned in the first fight is because she did not yet have the necessary resolve and control over her powers at that point...
Pan151Feb 22, 2012 3:35 PM
Feb 22, 2012 1:21 PM

May 2010
In a sense, Yuji's relation with SotF (power-wise) is similar to relation between Shana and Alastor. The wiki even says "Contracted to: Snake of the Festival" in Yuji's entry.
OneMoreFeb 22, 2012 1:24 PM
Feb 22, 2012 6:37 PM

Sep 2007
Huh, didn't realize the Mystery Machine was in Shana.
Feb 23, 2012 4:50 AM

Jan 2012
oh damn too much happened in this episode. cant say them all LOL

but this episode is too much damned cool woot. cant wait to see next ep
Feb 23, 2012 8:46 PM

Jun 2011
im lost...
Feb 23, 2012 9:36 PM
May 2011
Wasabi said:

What mystery machine?
Feb 24, 2012 6:30 AM

Jan 2011
The series is almost over and I just realized something. I don't recall Shana ever saying her usual 'Urusai, urusai, urusai!' line in any of the episodes this season.
Feb 24, 2012 7:49 AM
Feb 2012
YujixShana is still so candy sweet <3 lol Shana punching Yuiji's face was epic, totally awesome xD Yoshida pisses me off, but at least she's let go of Yuji that b***

But wait, someone said there were only 5 eps upcomig 'til the End??? NOOOO!!! means only 1 month and one 1 week T//T
Feb 24, 2012 5:12 PM
Dec 2007
animefan22 said:
Wasabi said:

What mystery machine?
Scooby Doo reference. =p

Feb 28, 2012 1:07 AM
Aug 2010
FUCK THIS BULLSHIT!!!!

The author didn't have the balls to kill the MOST ANNOYING AND WORST CHARACTER???

OK, whatever...
Mar 2, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2009
No wonder that song that started playing during Kazumi's scene sounded so familiar. It was Akai Namida, huh?

For a moment there I thought Kazumi actually sacrificed her life; then we find out she survives "the ultimate sacrifice". I for one don't hate Kazumi, but keeping her alive then felt so... cheap, making Shana's unique ability of surviving the use of Tenpa Jousai seem not so special anymore. *cough* "of course main characters are immune to dying from special self-use spells that will supposedly kill them" *cough* Maybe it's also because it ruined the dramatic moment of the scene. Anyway, moving on.

That scene with the minivan driving up to the tower seemed so "inversely" surreal to me. I've long since expected to see fantastical spells, strange machines and whatnot in a show like this, but to see something so ordinary as a... minivan at that moment... suffice to say, it felt so out of place.
Mar 3, 2012 10:33 AM

Oct 2010
everbody how whants to know how shakugan no shana will end
can look at my profile
onder the yuji and shana picture is a spoiler button
with the detailed story how its gonna happen
if you whant it from the start where the last episode end
just send me a comment ;P ( tell me what do you think of the end)
Black-FlashMar 3, 2012 11:31 AM
Mar 4, 2012 10:12 AM

Oct 2010
I'll be honest, I have no idea WTF is going on anymore.

But.

Can't.

Stop.

Watching.
Visit my blog for my anime and video game sheet music! http://robusab.blogspot.com
Mar 12, 2012 1:26 AM

Sep 2008
I almost laughed when the magical hippie van came flying in. A lot of this episode was just...nonsense. I liked the bit with Johan and Yuji talking, but the rest felt like a waste of time.
Mar 25, 2012 6:02 PM

Aug 2008
I want Yuji to win no matter what Johan thinks. I can't believe Pheles just threw Kazumi away when Johan called her...what exactly did Pheles do~
Apr 9, 2012 3:02 PM

Sep 2011
Aaand Yoshida is still alive...f*ck no... >_> Still, I got to admit that she was kind of nice in this episode. Probably first and last time.

So much epicness in this episode. The truck from nowhere was funny as hell :D
Shana crying and calling Yuji baka while punching him was both sad and cool.
Pheles was pretty cool catching Yuji kind of off-guard and making Johan come out. The scene between Johan and Yuji was also very well done emotionally. Even he himself gave Yuji a bit of faith by not taking Reiji Maigo.

The Four Gods are a letdown so far, Centerhill was much nicer, these guys seem like they have some kind of mental problem :/
May 10, 2012 12:30 PM

Nov 2007
This still doesn't make any sense. Just a few episodes ago the whole Flame Haze army was getting crushed, and now what 10 of them can take on all the Bal Masque?

The Flame Haze are still the bad guys, and I freaking hate them. The Flame Haze don't want peace, they are just slaughtering them for their own goals.
May 10, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
ichigo03 said:
FUCK THIS BULLSHIT!!!!

The author didn't have the balls to kill the MOST ANNOYING AND WORST CHARACTER???

OK, whatever...

Yeah too bad Shana is alive. Annoying and worst character? Yep.
May 16, 2012 6:55 PM

Apr 2007
lol @ Shana's hissy fit.
wtf @ the hippie bus.

I really really do not like Pheles, but this was still a little better than the past couple episodes, where the pace has been incredibly slow.
Jun 26, 2012 3:27 AM

Jul 2007
Man this is so confusing. I am going to try take a strike at it. I think maybe what happen when Kazumi summoned pheles, the wish was for pheles to revive Johan within the Reiji miago, so he can take the power of "serpent of the ritual" outside of the host Yuji. So in other words maybe the god of creation does not exist within yuji any more? Any ways thats my theory. But this plot is a huge convoluted mess as far as im concerned.

I do appreciate the action, its getting more intense as the series progresses, but its so damn confusing, em i the only one that is this confused? Things logically do not make any sense.

What the hell was the whole scenario bout that ring that shana tried to use, the shihein den, or what ever its called. anyways onto next episode.

Jun 26, 2012 4:19 AM

Feb 2012
Kazumi summoned to Pheles to stop Shana/Yuji from fighting even if it was brief. The Snake is still inside of Yuji but once Johann left, Yuji lost some of his powers. What sub are you watching this with? Commie or Eclipse. I found Eclipse does a better job explaining everything.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 29, 2012 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Starbuck11 said:
Kazumi summoned to Pheles to stop Shana/Yuji from fighting even if it was brief. The Snake is still inside of Yuji but once Johann left, Yuji lost some of his powers. What sub are you watching this with? Commie or Eclipse. I found Eclipse does a better job explaining everything.

Eclipse, its taking me quite a while to finish the show though and normally that does not happen during the end as it builds. This series's plot is just all over the place though.

Aug 14, 2012 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
Johan was right - Yuji doesn't understand his love for Shana at all.

As much as his plan seems right, his ultimate goal is silly if he doesn't understand it. Yuji is rather conceited in this.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Dec 13, 2012 6:11 PM
Jul 2012
I'm so pissed, why the fuck did yoshida not die?
Dec 6, 2013 10:06 AM
Mar 2013
Favorite part of the episode: Yuji and Sydonay casually taking about how they can't handle women xP

Also, if Yuji wanted to protect his world creation tower he should just used a few human hostages. Shana would never risk attacking if there were humans on it.

But I guess Yuji isn't that type of person to put others at risk. Jeez, he's so nice I find it hard to classify him as the antagonist ^_^
Apr 8, 2014 5:53 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, all those hidden plan... I don't know what the fuck is going on anymore xD
WHAT IS YOUR DAMN PLAN YUUJI, JUST TELL ME ALREADY

Wow, Pheles is the laziest troll ever. ''I gave it to you because I thought you wouldn't invoke me'', so what you're basically saying is that you were secretely hoping that she wouldn't have the guts to sacrifice herself? Woah, you one sneaky troll. And Johan, he asked Pheles to give her that cross in the middle of the second season. Did he had already figured out all the mess that was going to happen? IF SO, WHY DIDN'T YOU TRIED TO PREVENT IT SIGH

Okay, now more seriously, they are closer to get that paradise. Good thing or bad thing? I still can't figure it out. And in the preview, they say that the weird Tomogara bard make an unexpected request. Who is he in reality? He's far too mysterious to be a random powerful Tomogara King.

btw, Sydonay is too op, nerf plz
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 18, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2013
Johan and pheles back forever
Sep 29, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2014
From what I gather about the Yoshida not dying thing it makes sense.

It was a test. Phales didn't believe it was possible for a human to use an unrestricted spell, and the only way a human could is if its for a single goal that they want enough that they would sacrifice themselves. Yoshida could never have used it unless her wish was strong enough that it used all her will.

So in a way, I think Phales didn't expect Yoshida, a human, to be capable of using the necklace/amulet. I'm just guessing here, but I think the reason this all happened is Johan telling Phales to trust in humans even if she doesn't want to, because the only way they can be reunited is if a human is able to use the unrestricted spell.

I could be completely wrong in all this, but its kinda what I feel is happening with that whole situation. I'm sure summoning Phales used a lot of Yoshida's power of existence but it looked like Phales tapped the amulet so it wouldn't drain it completely therefore Yoshida survives. I guess I'll read into it more after I finish the series but this is what I made of it in my head
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Mar 23, 2012

480 by HHD1996 »»
Feb 18, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.