Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2012 4:36 PM
Jun 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn...Kai lost.Suiko's creeping me out.Finals next week.
Feb 10, 2012 5:07 PM

Sep 2007
Look normal for me ...
First loss we saw.
Feb 10, 2012 5:50 PM
Jun 2011
what the hell is suiko
Feb 10, 2012 5:50 PM
Jun 2011
so suiko finally show her true face
Feb 10, 2012 7:41 PM

Dec 2007
Very dramatic episode. Not that the result wasn't predictable. But it was dramatic. I was thinking Kai was going to deal a final blow but then Ren gets a heal trigger. But 3 critical is much better. And poor Kai; his intentions are noble, but he's stuck in the past. Ren moved on.

We all know which Aichi is going to choose: the card of light, Majesty Lord Blaster. I actually think it's an appropriate way of getting the card.

Q4 vs AL4 match up is predictable. But still, let's see how Kamui does against Tetsu.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Feb 10, 2012 9:05 PM

Feb 2008
It's quite obviously he will choose the light

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Feb 10, 2012 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
Blackbird said:
It's quite obviously he will choose the light

Not so much. The Majesty Lord Blaster requires both Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark as rear guards/in the soul. Assuming the Light card is Majesty Lord Blaster, and the dark card is Blaster Dark, this would make sense.
Feb 11, 2012 1:06 AM

Sep 2007
Not light.
He will choose the two sides, because in each man, you have a part of darkness and light.
Feb 11, 2012 4:19 AM

Jul 2009
They're pretty good at making cliffhangers, aren't they?

And if he chooses both light and dark, his playing style should be interesting, unless he only has one card from the other deck.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 11, 2012 5:58 AM

Dec 2011
I am thinking, if the cards in the world can change the world, then what does that make the creator of the cards in the anime, god?
Feb 11, 2012 7:01 AM

Aug 2010
Well I guess if he does end up using MLB, then we'll see both Blasters in his deck and I think it's already implied in the opening that Blaster dark is gonna return anyways so I also vote that Aichi's gonna pick both or maybe neither lulz
Poor Kai, now he probably goes into a state of emo-ness; wonder if Aichi's gonna do the cheering up for him lol
Awesome cliffhanger though, Suiko's eyes were quite freaky ._.
Feb 11, 2012 9:55 AM

Sep 2007
Anyways, about this episode, the last part with the music ...
I want to know the name of this one. *___*
Feb 11, 2012 10:48 AM
Mar 2009
It's obvious that he'll choose the "Twilight" card in the middle which magically appears.
Feb 11, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2007
Or just no one of them because when he saw what Suiko did with Ren ...
Feb 11, 2012 3:36 PM

Sep 2008
Highly predictable, amused at Tetsuo's monologue, made Psych sound even more like alchol addiction.

I'm thinking that Aichi will choose the light, and that's what will give him the strength needed to beat Ren when it comes to his turn.
The strength of his teammates.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Feb 11, 2012 7:58 PM

Dec 2007
MisakiMisaka said:
I'll think he'll choose both. Since MLB needs light and dark.

razisgosu said:
Not so much. The Majesty Lord Blaster requires both Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark as rear guards/in the soul. Assuming the Light card is Majesty Lord Blaster, and the dark card is Blaster Dark, this would make sense.

To start my argument with the obvious, there is no other Royal Paladin boss monster from booster pack 5 that can be considered as the "card of light" to be opposite of Phantom Blaster Overlord. And it's already pretty clear that Royal Paladins and Shadow Paladins are opposite, with Royals being affiliated with "light" and Shadows with "darkness". And MLB, regardless of effects, is a Royal Paladin.

Next, I know MLB's effect utilizes both Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark, in essence uniting both light and dark. And this was my thought at first, too. But that's being too narrow minded on what the meaning of light and darkness. You are looking at light and darkness in this case as two elements. But there is a different meaning being applied here--a meaning that is to be found in MLB and PBO's flavor texts.

PBO: Fall in despair, for I am the blacker than darkness, and a fate worse than death!

MLB: O Light and Shadow! Become my power! Now is the time for despair to become hope!

Light and darkness are not elements, but hope and despair. PBO is representative of Ren's sadism that desires to bring opponents to their knees. And MLB is representative of Aichi who has walked both roads but decides to traverse the road of light, in which cardfighting is fun regardless of result.

Look even further in MLB's text and it doesn't state "Light and Darkness", but "Light and Shadow". Shadow and Darkness may be synonymous in English, but they are not the same in Japanese (Darkness = Yami (闇) and Shadow = kage (影)).

MLB is the card of light. PBO is the card of darkness. Suiko is giving Aichi the same choice as Ren. The only reason it is a bigger deal for Aichi than Ren is because Aichi has walked both roads and his resolve to continue walking the road of light or to return to the road of darkness will be tested. As for Ren, he has only known the road of darkness and the choice was easy. Notice he didn't even take a glance at the card of the light, but was staring longingly at the card of darkness.
SeekerFeb 11, 2012 8:12 PM

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Feb 12, 2012 8:37 AM
Jan 2012
I don't know much about the game or cards apart from the anime but, wouldn't be something like Holy Disaster Dragon the card of light? I cannot see Majesty Lord Blaster as the one
Feb 13, 2012 12:00 PM

Aug 2009
Siuko : "did you drop this Light card, or this Dark card?"
Mar 3, 2013 5:52 PM

Sep 2008
That was kind of badass.
Aug 13, 2013 4:45 PM

Nov 2011
Kinda predictable that Kai would lose his match...now I'm more curious the drug path that Aichi will choose.
Sep 27, 2022 4:03 AM

Jul 2016
I've watched this episode like 10 times and man, it just gets better everytime. A shame the future seasons couldn't uphold this level of quality.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 9 Discussion

Nanodesu - Mar 4, 2011

10 by ZaneRobie »»
Feb 9, 2023 12:37 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MrHatandClogs - Jan 7, 2011

56 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 21, 2023 9:58 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 4 Discussion

Nanodesu - Jan 28, 2011

24 by SemperKaladin »»
Aug 10, 2022 8:13 PM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 62 Discussion

vanissa45 - Mar 9, 2012

21 by Gvendoline »»
Apr 7, 2021 6:01 AM

Poll: » Cardfight!! Vanguard Episode 55 Discussion

vanissa45 - Jan 20, 2012

11 by Gvendoline »»
Jan 26, 2021 9:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.