Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 10:06 AM

May 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
RIP Commander Kiruta.
You were truly the best adversary turned ally that a space pirate could ask for.
May 15, 2013 9:41 AM

Oct 2009
There were other casualties, but they seem to care just about Kiruta. Or are the others just injured, with that terrible wounds?
Jan 11, 2015 7:39 PM

Aug 2011
Luna_slave_No61 said:
There were other casualties, but they seem to care just about Kiruta. Or are the others just injured, with that terrible wounds?

Just injured. Otherwise the crew wouldn't have exactly 41 42 members.

Vengeance of everyone's grudge.

"I didn't add it to my list so I forgot I was watching that." - lpf
Dec 9, 2015 2:32 PM

May 2012
What a slaughter! Quite some men loss as well for the Arcadia! Quite an intense episode, let's see what happens next though!
Jul 21, 2017 11:22 AM

Jul 2012
I appreciate that of the Arcadia crew who were killed or injured, they threw in characters that we recognized (like the guy with the glasses from earlier).
Dec 30, 2021 9:08 AM

Feb 2012
I feel that the quality has dropped in the last episodes. Just too many things happening simply because the plot demands it with character motivation staying unclear. For example, here it seemed the episode was written just to send off Kiruta. Would he have died if the door had been kept open and he'd had assistance? Yet he insisted on fighting alone. Seemed like yet another pointless death.

Also most people had a huge plot armor, this big army able to hit only a few crew members.

And gravity fluctuations of Jupiter caused by sunspots? Okay. I can understand that in sci-fi there are many things that are scientifically nonsense, but here the solution just came out of the blue and merely seemed like a convenient way for the writers to make a huge fleet of ships disappear since they couldn't figure out how Arcadia could defeat them all otherwise.
Mar 2, 2023 4:50 PM

Jun 2014
That many Mazone soldiers coming into the ship at once was intense, and they're lucky that they finished them all off, but Kiruta wasn't so lucky. He died defending the Arcadia.

Harlock shed a tear for Kiruta, which shows how much he respected that man.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 20 Discussion

Dunky - Apr 2, 2011

5 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Mar 5, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 16 Discussion

NeverKnowsBest26 - Aug 27, 2012

12 by CrysisWarXX3 »»
Mar 2, 11:53 PM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 3 Discussion

mitamaking - Jan 28, 2009

12 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 28, 9:29 AM

Poll: » Space Pirate Captain Harlock Episode 1 Discussion

mitamaking - Jan 21, 2009

24 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 27, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Uchuu Kaizoku Captain Harlock Episode 36 Discussion

gohdan - Jul 31, 2013

4 by shadovv_gb »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.