Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2012 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Saw online and another hilarious episode this time around. I find myself ROFL at Kanna in the following,

That expression and her finding what she did while drunk was a total win.
Like the character interactions and progress in terms of Kanna x Kaito. That date was nice. Kanna’s blush really showed her nice side in this episode. It’s too bad in thee end she does find out that she was being filmed by Lemon but the comedy was good especially when she finds out Mio and Ishigaki are there.

Mio on the other hand had a nice reflection and talk with Ishigaki. Her beauty was shown nicely with a close up of her lips. Moreover the expression were nice at that part.

Kaito with his imagination and problems of waking up cracked me up. Apparently Kanna also has some Kaito power imagination of her thinking of Ichika taking care of Kaito. Now Ichika has imagination so I assume this will be general form of it to show characters are thinking things up.

Ishigaki should be slapped for not knowing of Snake. Like who does not know Solid Snake? Still good Metal Gear reference there. I liked that Lemon said it of all people. The fur ball has some nice thermal scanning among its features.

OMG did you the end? Kaito kind of confessed there he loves Ichika! This will get wild soon. Next episode looks to be some weird mature woman with Kaito.

About the ED, for now I will say that I think they changed it a little. Ichika is shown naked in a nice hiding pose and characters are shown with a shadow of theirs looking at them. They are looking at the shadow and it has the same colour as them. Hmmmmmmm, wonder what that means really. Rest of the ED looks the same.

Well the fact the end of the episode got mucho loads of Ichika x Kaito was nice but Kanna was better since she was not on as much as of this episode with Kaito alone. Might edit later.
Yumekichi11Jan 23, 2012 10:57 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 23, 2012 11:59 AM

Nov 2008
Kanna and Kaito got busted by Lemon who was right there in plain sight, what a sly, sneaky girl she is.

Ichika having the imagination of MIB taking her in is lol.

Jan 23, 2012 2:25 PM
Oct 2008
Good episode and subs came fast too, but for some reason I like this series, but when it turns to scifi thing I hate it. Best part was when she knew she was drunk lol hahah
Jan 23, 2012 2:32 PM

Jun 2011
Lemon is such a beast i swear, she is the best
Jan 23, 2012 2:57 PM
Aug 2009
This animes ending..My god. It needs to release. I actually would buy the single/album just to get this song.

Nov 2011

One of the best shows of the season, and I love Remon, especially her "fu fu fu" laughter :3

Also, Men in Black lol!

Oct 2010
omg this was hysterical xD
How everyone was making their own assumptions and the ending..ohhh the ending lol
Good stuff to bad we got to wait a whole week for next episode =P
choyosJan 23, 2012 3:10 PM
huh?
Jan 23, 2012 3:17 PM

Apr 2010
The chemistry between Kaito and Ichika is amazing.
Jan 23, 2012 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
Good episode,more and more i am liking Lemon she is just a sneaky troll and i love her laugh fu fu fu also i laugh pretty hard when she get out the bigger lent i don't know why it made me laugh so hard.Also Metal Gear reference= win!

Both Ichika and Kaito imagination was so funny,LOL at MIB.

Kanna faces were the also sooo good this episode that face when she see the photo so funny and her blush are sooo cute to bad that her "date" got to get filmed :)

The last 5m were funny specially the misunderstanding and at the end Kaito kinda tells he is intersted in Ichika mmm things will get interesting and more and more.

Btw this Kanna face wins all.

More GIFs/Avatars at Club!:http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=393287&show=0#post1
raxius1230Jan 23, 2012 6:19 PM
Jan 23, 2012 3:26 PM

Mar 2010
That was a GREAT episode!
Really LOVE that anime since the beginning.

Ichika -> super cute, adorable, a bit of an airhead -> LOVE HER!
Kanna -> really shy and very cute -> my #2
Lemon -> by far the most amusing character of that anime. Her sharp thoughts to every situation and so on are just great
EDIT: and by far best: "fu fu fu fu" *grin* ^^

I'm looking forward to a really great anime!!!
Jan 23, 2012 3:58 PM

May 2011
God. I love this show. Everything about it is a win for me. It's just a fun series to watch.

Kanna and Mio were really cute in this episode. My opinions of both of them really went up 10x.

Kanna getting the tiger pose picture from Remon was ROFL. She should be lucky it wasn't worse.

I have to admit defeat. Ishigaki does have interest in Kanna. It's a mass unrequited love train going on. most of you guys were quite right on that one.

I found the flash "what they might be thinking" mental moments hilarious. Also, quite true in real life situations. I'm sure we've all had moments like that.

I Agree with most people's opinion regarding Remon. She is quite the fixer and manipulator. Her intellect is well beyond everyone else in regards to human interaction. She is the engine that really drives the drama and action. "She is a beast" is an apt term to describe her.

There is another point though. Remon's comment "it must be nice to be young" gave me a thought. Most of us agree that Remon's character is almost a carbon copy of Morino from the Onegai Teacher! series.

I have theory about that....

((spoiler contains plot info from Onegai Teacher!))
CirrisJan 23, 2012 5:23 PM
Jan 23, 2012 4:17 PM

Jun 2009
Ichika and Kido's delusions were pretty hilarious, rest of episode was fun as well. I liked Ichika x Kido conversation by the end, how they wanted to say the same things at the same time. After that convo in park i expected to not see any confessions or them becomming aware of their love up until like, ep10-11 like it's usually done. Great to see such an ending, i'm really hyped up for next episode now.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jan 23, 2012 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
Man this is easily becoming one of my Favorites this season! lemon was cunning as always seems like besides the movie filming she's gonna be filming the outcome of this crazy love pentagon even though it's early in the series i feel its gonna get intense soon :3 and dat ending awkward moment of the episode lol.

highlights for me were *MEN IN BLACK!* and we finally got the full tv version of the ed and it's so damn good~
Jan 23, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2010
pretty enjoyable, but i cant get to like the scifi parts
i'm quite surprised, its been a while since i enjoyed anything from j.c.staff
Jan 23, 2012 4:24 PM

Feb 2009
<3 this show.

I had a smile on my face when Kaito just bolted away from Ichika lmfao. HOW THE HELL CAN THEY LEAVE ME WAITING 2 WEEKS* WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER??? FUCKERS.

This could end up as one of my favs! Also I actually really like the MC. Seriously. He's pretty cute.

*I say two weeks because I'll be on vacation next week.
Jan 23, 2012 4:40 PM

Feb 2009
Each and every episode of this is better than the one before imo. :D Too bad it's only 12 episodes. The charachters are already starting to grow on me and it even though it seems lighthearted I'm predicting we're in for some drama!
Jan 23, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2007
doesnt this anime have a manga adaptation or a tv series only

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jan 23, 2012 5:05 PM

May 2009
felo said:

Anime First series.
Jan 23, 2012 5:15 PM
Oct 2011
Citrix said:
This animes ending..My god. It needs to release. I actually would buy the single/album just to get this song.

it's sung by yanagi nagi (bakemonogatari's ED)
i'll wait for it to be released too.

the MIB part is funny
and kanna's imagination of ichika taking care of kaito. "MY GOD!!!" lol
Jan 23, 2012 5:24 PM

Sep 2011
Loved this episode and this show is pretty much my favorite this season. And the ED is simply awesome.
Jan 23, 2012 5:43 PM

May 2011
Always rootin for the flat chested short girls

Surrounded by masses of pedophile perverts . . . W88888 . . . I am one derp
Jan 23, 2012 5:52 PM
Apr 2011
Oops.
Jan 23, 2012 5:54 PM

Dec 2007
This show just got awesome. :D
Jan 23, 2012 6:00 PM

Jul 2010
Haha the ending ''Just kidd...ing...huh? HUH?!''. I wonder what will he do now, confess or what :D
Anyway, Ichika is so adorable.I want alien like her in my home too.
Jan 23, 2012 6:01 PM
Jul 2018
So... Mio likes Tetsurou who likes Kanna who likes Kaito who likes Ichika who is an alien.
And Remon is a sadistic bastard.
ROFL looking forward to more
Jan 23, 2012 6:33 PM

Jul 2009
Eeeeeeeeee.
I think I love every character in this, which is very unusual for me; there's almost always one that at the very least irritates me, but, nope! Not here.

I'm really enjoying this so far. Also, dat ED.
If any of my posts seem odd, it's probably because I'm tired. Sorry. I have sleeping issues.
Jan 23, 2012 6:35 PM
Jun 2008
blue > red
Jan 23, 2012 6:59 PM
Mar 2011
some of the scifi stuff is funny! like the MIB.

also the scene where ichika was like "rinon teleport me using linkage...(rinon sleepin on the table)..why arent you answering me?" lol
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jan 23, 2012 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
Hahahaha whole episode based on a misconception~
I'm just loving this.
Jan 23, 2012 7:29 PM

Jun 2011
DELUSIONAL MISUNDERSTANDINGS FTW

Remon was awesome as well. uhuu huu huu.

5/5

And I was srsly rofling at the end xD

Ichika: Then... could it be me?

Kaito: º////º

Ichika: a...naaannde-.. are? ARE??? xD
Jan 23, 2012 7:32 PM

Mar 2011
I like the ep all of the imagination scenes are pure win. I enjoy every sec of the ep.
I pick this anime because of the anohana toradora vibes but it looks like it plot will be more like onegai teacher.
Jan 23, 2012 7:37 PM

Dec 2011
Gosh I love Remon's sinister laugh.

Wow Ichika hit it right on the spot. Can't wait for the next ep.
Jan 23, 2012 7:39 PM

Jan 2008
I actually really liked the end of episode 2 because I thought Ichika stopped Kaito from saying "it" because she was emotionally mature enough to think that it wouldn't work out between them because she's an alien.

HOWEVER...

They really played off of THAT as a "misunderstanding"? Kaito's misunderstanding of the situation was understandable but apparently Ichika is either emotionally retarded or just can't read situations very well.

I suppose they can play this off by saying it's because she's an alien, but really, that was just lame. I just don't understand how she got "HE KNOWS I'M AN ALIEN" from "Senpai...ore...ore wa.." when taken in the context of her just having kissed his forehead, plus the look on his face at the time.

Whatever. Maybe it's my fault for thinking this would be a more serious romance anime than it's actually trying to be.

Remon, Mio, and Kanna continue to be the best parts of this anime. Remon because I love Tamura Yukari in this type of role (ufufufu...) and Mio and Kanna because they continue to be the most realistic parts of this anime as far as romantic thoughts and responses to situations.

I was, however, annoyed with Remon interrupting Kanna in this episode. Nah, of course the studio couldn't let Kanna confess to Kaito and have her be rejected in the 3rd episode. We just CAN'T have a love story without a love TRIANGLE! Triangles are absolutely necessary in romances, didn't you all know? </sarcasm>
Jan 23, 2012 7:51 PM

Jun 2011
Kaito was about to say it, but then... Aw man, fuck that
Hahah, can't wait for next week
Jan 23, 2012 7:59 PM
Dec 2011
REMON FOR THE FUCKING WIN. And I agree the ending song is awesome! fantastic story so far.
Jan 23, 2012 8:21 PM

Nov 2010
Well, As one of the handful of Kanna fans (who already know she has lost this battle), atleast she had her moment. Looks like next episode almost a solidification of KaitoXIchika
Jan 23, 2012 8:56 PM

Jan 2011
Three cheers for Ichigo Morino...I mean Remon...fufufu...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 23, 2012 8:56 PM
Oct 2010
This episode was a riot. XD

Cirris said:

What I think it's simpler
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Jan 23, 2012 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
Well here I was thinking the status quo was to be kept forever before that ending. Well it still can actually I hope they don't try to reset that declaration again! XD

So it IS a Love Pentagon? -_-" I don't like that...

And lol everyone likes to have fantasies in here? Dellusional party!
Jan 23, 2012 9:33 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing episode. I just knew it from the start that this anime would be good. Simply one of the best this season.

Oh yeah, this is how an angel singing would sound like:
Jan 23, 2012 9:35 PM

May 2010
This episode makes ano natsu the best anime of the season. I came at the end of the episode
Jan 23, 2012 9:48 PM

Jul 2009
MorningGlory said:
blue > red

~Pin Pon~

Last scene was WIN. Shit like that NEVER happens in generic harem shows!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Jan 23, 2012 10:07 PM

Aug 2009
"MY GOD" LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAHHAHAHAHAH!!!! XDDD

This show is SOOO hilarious yet sad in its own way! ;~;

Im sad because all my ships are broken! T____T

I ship Kaito and Ichika

and it was obvious that Kanna like Kaito, so that was unrequited love.

and I THOUGHT Tetsurou liked Mio, and (it was obviou that) Mio liked Tetsurou, so I thought we had ONE perfect couple in this show, but OFCOURSE, IM WRONG! T__T and Tetsurou like Kanna, and Mio likes Tetsurou.. T______T

*ALL MY SHIPS AND CRASHING, SINKING, AND BURNING* T_________T

and we have Lemon here just cockblocking everyone.. xD
Jan 23, 2012 10:21 PM

Oct 2008
Whoo! That was one heck of a cliffhanger! Way to go for getting a love confession...

I first thought that Ichika knows Kaito is falling for her and doesn't want to change their relationship, which is why she told him to keep quiet. As it turns out, I was wrong.. lol! :)

Now things will become very interesting!
Still looking for a signature.
Jan 23, 2012 10:27 PM

Aug 2008
WOW! I thought this anime was OK at most judging by first two episodes, but this one was absolutely fantastic. I had a lot of fun with all the misunderstandings that were going on. Lemon, god, that Lemon. You can't beat Tamura Yukari's voice.

Also, loved the last scene. You don't normally see love confessions (albeit it was an accidental one) this early in a series. The ending song was really nice too.

Glad I chose to watch Another first before watching Ano Natsu, because this one really washed down the gore in this week's Another >.<

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 23, 2012 10:37 PM
Aug 2009
ryanagamis said:
Citrix said:

it's sung by yanagi nagi (bakemonogatari's ED)
i'll wait for it to be released too.

the MIB part is funny
and kanna's imagination of ichika taking care of kaito. "MY GOD!!!" lol

Yeah...But the release date for it is set to Feb. 29th, quite a longs wait for me :X I had her album, Ami no Umi, which didn't have a song I liked as much as this one.
Jan 23, 2012 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
This episode reminds me how great it was in Karuizawa, awesome place really..
Jan 23, 2012 10:51 PM
Sep 2011
Way too many "imagination" scenes. But other than that it was a moderately enjoyable episode. I still prefer Kanna over Ichika.
Jan 23, 2012 10:53 PM

Oct 2010
Cirris said:
There is another point though. Remon's comment "it must be nice to be young" gave me a thought. Most of us agree that Remon's character is almost a carbon copy of Morino from the Onegai Teacher! series.

That is totally electrifying! Even if I did not see Onegai Teacher, I can tell you that it sounds very logical your theory but was there really an offspring and is it Lemon herself? Sure she has loads of traits that Morino has but I don't think Ichika has anything to do with her. I do think that she may be from the same planet as Mizuho but you think she is product of Mizuho and Kei? Could be but it involves them going back to her planet and mate. It's possible that they told Ichika of the planet and she is curious as to why the scenery made them fall in love. A most wonderful story that would connect Onegai Twins and Teacher worlds more than ever.
bastek66 said:
felo said:
Anime First series.
Original work and that means nothing exists related to it other than 2 animes.
Panaru said:
I suppose they can play this off by saying it's because she's an alien, but really, that was just lame. I just don't understand how she got "HE KNOWS I'M AN ALIEN" from "Senpai...ore...ore wa.." when taken in the context of her just having kissed his forehead, plus the look on his face at the time.

Ichika is really just in a panic here and there. She over worries that Kaito found about her being an alien. If you take it that she is a offspring of Mizuho/Kei the perhaps she inherited a bad trait from them. It could be either but she is being kind of paranoid of being found out. Perhaps due to Mizuho's experience. However we have to determine if both are from the same planet.
Panaru said:
I was, however, annoyed with Remon interrupting Kanna in this episode.
Was it not for comedy purpose only?
Yumekichi11Jan 23, 2012 11:01 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jan 23, 2012 11:36 PM

Nov 2011
Really enjoyed this episode. The one thing I kinda didn't like was how Ichika seemed totally baffled in the end about Kaito liking her. I mean Ichika seems to show similar feelings for him too, right? I hope the two don't go down hill from here, like they avoid each other or Ichika represses her feelings or something but from the preview of the next episode it looks like there will be some trouble.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 26, 2012

437 by dodoligma »»
Mar 9, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.