Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2012 8:25 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the series begins, yuugi gets bullied and plays a shadow game with a local bully.
Apr 12, 2013 7:50 AM

Feb 2008
Wow, they censored this chapter in the show, but I understand why the first show looked terrible. I barely recognized Honda and Jonouchi.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jun 9, 2015 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Wow, after watching the 4kids dub this really wasnt what I was expecting from the manga
Jun 9, 2015 6:00 AM

Aug 2012
of course 4kids dubs are crap.

for those interested to watch the anime, you should start with Season 0.
it's the older series that follows the first arc of the manga
maku21Jun 9, 2015 6:12 AM

But you'll still take damage!
Jun 9, 2015 6:04 AM

Mar 2015
Thats true, a lot of censorship but I liked the VA.

Might watch the sub if I get the time
May 14, 2016 9:00 PM

Sep 2007
I adore these early chapters. There's so much grit and they actually play something besides Duel Monsters!

I love how malevolent Yami Yugi is toward anyone who "trespasses in" Yugi's soul; like a fearsome guard dog!
Mar 27, 2019 3:18 AM

May 2015
These beginning chapters are pretty dark. They must have really toned down the anime because I never knew the manga had that heavy under tone.
I didn't even know the manga transitions into the duel monsters plot after chapter 60. I hardly got into Yu-gi-oh! that much as a child (was too invested in Pokémon), so coming back to it randomly as an adult is different. Maybe this time I can get into the actual story plot and enjoy the manga. But yeah, reading Hikaru no Go has randomly inspired me to read Yu-gi-oh! for some odd reason. So let's see if this is more than just a popular trading card game.
Jul 20, 2019 10:03 PM
Jul 2018
This is the true beginning of Yu-Gi-Oh! Where Yugi is a wimpy kid that turns into a cruel executionar to battle other deranged psychopaths in various made up on the spot gambling games. Yeah, pretty awesome.
Jan 8, 2020 7:15 PM

Nov 2017
Gotdamn, this sure takes me back. I remember reading Yu-Gi-Oh! in Shonen Jump back when I was in fifth grade, haha.

I just kept thinking everything was so different compared to the TV show. It's funny 'cause I didn't speak or read Japanese at the time, but I was still able to pronounce all the characters' original names right, lol
Feb 1, 2020 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
Strong start! A lot more violent than one would expect from the anime series.
Aug 11, 2023 10:01 AM
Mar 2016
Wow, the first chapter of Yu-Gi-Oh is the best thing of literature...
Nov 20, 2023 5:16 PM

Nov 2016
First season of the anime only showed this as a flashback and before watching 0 I thought about checking out the manga. OG Yu-Gi-Oh! really has a special kind of charme.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2023 10:31 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to FMmatron
First season of the anime only showed this as a flashback and before watching 0 I thought about checking out the manga. OG Yu-Gi-Oh! really has a special kind of charme.
@FMmatron "First season of the anime only showed this as a flashback"

You mean Second Series of the anime as it aired in 2000 and starts from chapter 60.

"watching 0"

There is no 0. It is Series 1. It aired in 1998 and starts at chapter 1 and ends at 59.

The people of Japan (which includes the creator, fans, Shueisha, Toei, Voice actors, Bandai, Konami, etc.) will correct you on this. I don't know if you graduated from the education system, but if you did, surely you have to intellect to understand that you are being disrespectful and degrading the creators work by calling it "0". It is simple math. Be a leader. Not a follower. Followers are dumb and wrong.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 17, 2023 2:15 PM

Nov 2016
Reply to Rob
@FMmatron "First season of the anime only showed this as a flashback"

You mean Second Series of the anime as it aired in 2000 and starts from chapter 60.

"watching 0"

There is no 0. It is Series 1. It aired in 1998 and starts at chapter 1 and ends at 59.

The people of Japan (which includes the creator, fans, Shueisha, Toei, Voice actors, Bandai, Konami, etc.) will correct you on this. I don't know if you graduated from the education system, but if you did, surely you have to intellect to understand that you are being disrespectful and degrading the creators work by calling it "0". It is simple math. Be a leader. Not a follower. Followers are dumb and wrong.
@Rob

The only one being disrespectful and dumb here is you for getting offended that I referred to your favorite series in a way that didn't sit well with you.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 17, 2023 11:47 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to FMmatron
@Rob

The only one being disrespectful and dumb here is you for getting offended that I referred to your favorite series in a way that didn't sit well with you.
@FMmatron As usual, after someone tries to educate them on their errors in order to help them, they always choose to be a mentally challenged follower by being unaccountable (trying to spin it back to me) and doubling down incorrect terms (despite the facts available) that disrespects the creator because they are a fake fan. The interesting thing here is that you came back 2 hours later to say that when your original reply (now deleted, but don't worry I have the email) was the opposite and showed intellect and understanding:

You had it right the first time then your true nature, which would degrade you, took over 2 hours later. You don't even have respect for yourself, so its clear you wouldn't have respect for others. Embarrassing.

If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Chapter 127 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 9, 2019

2 by Queeneugi »»
Mar 16, 8:41 AM

» Manga or Anime, Which to start with?

Biisoo - Mar 11

5 by Infamous_Empire »»
Mar 12, 11:57 AM

» I find it impressive that Kazuki Takahashi was able to write the Pharaoh's Memories arc as cohesive as he did considering he was hospitalized and was on a lot of medication when he wrote it

MonsterTeeth - Aug 19, 2023

6 by removed-user »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:23 PM

» When this aspect of Yami Bakura's identity was revealed in the final arc, what did you think of it?

MonsterTeeth - Aug 25, 2023

2 by Rob »»
Dec 17, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Chapter 4 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Dec 22, 2013

4 by FMmatron »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.