Forum Settings
Forums

When this aspect of Yami Bakura's identity was revealed in the final arc, what did you think of it?

New
Aug 25, 2023 8:16 PM
Feb 2019
In the Pharaoh's Memories arc, it is revealed that Yami Bakura is a part of Zorc. Yami Bakura's soul is basically a fusion of Bandit King Bakura and a part of Zorc Necrophades's soul. I personally hated this reveal, and it basically killed the character for me. 

I really feel like the retcon of his identity really just ruined his agency as an antagonist. I much preferred when he was willfully evil- that he chose to be evil like the Thief King did. That made him better character than what he later became.
Dec 2, 2023 5:49 PM
Jul 2020
I personally didn’t mind the reveal. It made sense regarding his importance to the whole series from start to finish. If you think about it too, Yami Yugi was also evilish in season 0 because a part of Zorc was in the millennium puzzle; at the very least that was implied in the manga. The Millennium Ring’s power is to store souls, so that also plays in part of how he is both Theif Bakura and Zorc. Season 0 foreshadowed the events of the Millennium arc so that’s another reason why I wasn’t surprised by the reveal either lol
Dec 17, 2023 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
There is no retcon.

@azenobio "season 0"

There is no 0. It is Series 1. It aired in 1998 and starts at chapter 1 and ends at 59. Series 2 called Duel Monsters aired in 2000 and starts at chapter 60.

The people of Japan (which includes the creator, fans, Shueisha, Toei, Voice actors, Bandai, Konami, etc.) will correct you on this. I don't know if you graduated from the education system, but if you did, surely you have the intellect to understand that you are being disrespectful and degrading the creators work by calling it "0". It is simple math. Be a leader. Not a follower. Followers are dumb and wrong.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Chapter 127 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 9, 2019

2 by Queeneugi »»
Mar 16, 8:41 AM

» Manga or Anime, Which to start with?

Biisoo - Mar 11

5 by Infamous_Empire »»
Mar 12, 11:57 AM

» I find it impressive that Kazuki Takahashi was able to write the Pharaoh's Memories arc as cohesive as he did considering he was hospitalized and was on a lot of medication when he wrote it

MonsterTeeth - Aug 19, 2023

6 by removed-user »»
Dec 19, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Chapter 1 Discussion

thecatchphrase - Jan 20, 2012

14 by Rob »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Chapter 4 Discussion

DeleteThisShit - Dec 22, 2013

4 by FMmatron »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.