Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 20, 2011 4:58 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the gang visit the onsen inn which is haunted by a little boy. Jeanne is the first victim as the picture shows:

The ending is a little weird so I'll watch it again when the subs come out.

Of course, Aria is jealous of the other girls big busts and gets angry in the hot spring. Ecchi wise, no nipples but do get a couple of butt shots, including Aria. A few screens:

(NSFW)

(NSFW)

In all, pretty much a side story with some comedy and little horror thrown in there.
Elite60Dec 20, 2011 5:03 AM
Dec 20, 2011 8:58 AM

Oct 2010
All in all it's like I though the author totally betrayed the crowd with fan service as what he claimed never happened.

I also though the kid thing in the following,

was taken from the Grudge movie and that the kid at first with that mask looked like Toori from A-Channel when she was wearing her mask during the festival arc.

About the fan service,
  • Aria’s ass in the spoiler (NSFW)
    was the best and full frontal and chest too. I swear I see nipples for some time. Not sure due to quality but it almost seems they are there but not really.

• Shirayuki fan service in the spoiler (NSFW)
    was damn fine considering we see her breasts really well there.

• Reki’s fan service in the spoiler (NSFW)
    was kept short with the wolf but her body is shown far better than in the anime series.

• The teacher along with the innkeeper in the spoiler (NSFW)
    has both good fan service of their bodies of whom are mature, however I tend to think that Riko is pretty mature too.
At least we get to see in this OVA comedy and more risky shots of the characters. Plain and simple. I was all in it for Aria's ass and some Reki. I am just wondering How in the heck they got pass through all this because it’s obvious this is all a heavy curse but the only ones able to kill it off is Shirayuki and Jean.

BTW Image Stitches done in the spoiler (NSFW)
the quality is bad but Aria is there with Shirayuki.
Yumekichi11Dec 21, 2011 1:14 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 20, 2011 6:21 PM
Oct 2010
I don't get what happened. I watched more then over 700 fanservices already so I am tired of it. The special was okay.
Dec 20, 2011 8:01 PM
Nov 2010
I suppose I forgot this is a hot springs special and should not have expected much. That is disappointing, Ive been reading the light novels and hoped for consistency of character. One example is Shirayuki. In past episodes whenever any girl clings to Kinji like Riko, Shirayuki would start attacking the girl. Sadly it does not happen here which breaks character.
I vote dislike.
Dec 20, 2011 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
Meh kinda disappointed but it could be worse,first part was bad the only good we got at least some good look at Aria ass and the other chicks,the second part was better since i am a big fan of terror so i enjoy it even that the end was like WTF.

Regular extra episode it could have been done well better.

Btw anyone else think of Silent Hill at the beginning with the fog and the radios getting fuck up??
Dec 20, 2011 11:11 PM

Oct 2010
raxius1230 said:
Btw anyone else think of Silent Hill at the beginning with the fog and the radios getting fuck up??
As a reference, yeah that too. So it's Silent Hill + The Grudge references, anymore?

Dec 21, 2011 12:03 AM

Jul 2011
Damn at that quality, wonder how long it will be until it's done in good quality :\
Dec 21, 2011 3:31 AM
Jul 2018
A pretty average OVA tbh, I found this worse than the actual series, but what you can expect from a hot spring episode. Kinda disappointed with this OVA but nevermind. Ending of the OVA was so random :S, what happened to Aria and Kinji -.-, aside from being alright at the end and having a foggy recollection of what just happened. That Ghost boy was so :/ no background as to why he did those things at all -.-.

The OP and ED were good though :). 6/10 for this OVA
Dec 21, 2011 4:17 AM

Jan 2011
Now I remember why I dislike this anime after watching this OVA.
Dec 21, 2011 4:35 AM
Jun 2010
I actually enjoyed this, it was nice to get some more hidan no aria. And even though there was a lot of material taken from movies like the grudge, it was still fun and watch able.
Dec 21, 2011 8:20 AM

Jun 2010
IT'S ENDLESS EIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the dog/wolf's name. Haimaki. Reki's face at the end was priceless. Makes it look like she isn't robot Reki.

Dec 21, 2011 8:25 AM

Dec 2011
Ahh love it when Aria gets jelly of the other girls and grabs her guns. Everything is bulletproof. Everyone is prepared is Aria.

Ending is quiet creepy tho.

Dec 21, 2011 8:49 AM
Dec 2010
Enjoyable enough to watch, good to see a twist of "hot spring episode" with some horror. Too bad it ended with no questions answered
Dec 21, 2011 9:40 AM

Dec 2011
Wait, what just happened?

It feels so terribly unfinished.
Dec 21, 2011 10:20 AM

Apr 2010
Some fan service and the beginning of a horror story.
Nothing out of the ordinary for a special tho pretty nice to watch.

Shame we didn't get to see any pair forming here.
Dec 21, 2011 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
???
wtf was that ending...
Bad special in my opinion.
Dec 21, 2011 11:30 AM

Nov 2009
wat the hell did I just watch?

Dec 21, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2011
This was a really kewl episode..., totally enjoyed it!!! Also, seeing that Silent Hill (vanilla) is one of my favorites survival horror games to date, i totally loved the references with the fog!!!! All in all, a good episode!
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Dec 21, 2011 1:56 PM

Jul 2011
Oh the brain cells lost.
Dec 21, 2011 2:04 PM
Jan 2011
I don't understand what this episode is trying to do. Fanservice? There's one hot spring scene, and a short one at that. Horror? While the victims are a bit disturbing, it wasn't all that scary, it was just surprising. The writers should have picked one of the two and focused on it instead of making this half-finished disappointment.

But then again, I really shouldn't be surprised considering it's an OVA for Hidan no Aria.
Dec 21, 2011 2:41 PM

Jul 2010
why does it feel like they forgot about the story?? and this is only 1 special so were probably not gonna find out what happens...kinda a waste of time if you ask me.

Dec 21, 2011 4:44 PM

Sep 2010
I don't really get what happened here. I remember watching some fan service at the hot springs and a plot that ended up being a bad dream in the end. What even happened to this special training of theirs?

I agree that this OVA felt like a waste of time.

My guess is that it is trying to get sales for another season, which probably won't happen.
Dec 21, 2011 6:32 PM

Dec 2010
Reki at the end pointing to her "dog" was quite cute.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Dec 21, 2011 11:34 PM

Jul 2009
I would've happily have taken a fan service special, instead of this half assed crap.
Dec 21, 2011 11:37 PM

Jan 2011
The first season was much better than this. Aside from seeing Jeanne as one of the group, there really wasn't any progress here. I'd much rather see them work on a second season.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 22, 2011 2:13 AM

Sep 2011
Typical OVA where the cast of the series stays in an inn.

Nonetheless, I still enjoyed it a lot! (could have been better but it was alright) Oh, and I loved the creepy theme to this special! hehe :D
Dec 22, 2011 4:24 AM

Sep 2008
Why couldn't the real series highlight breasts? =/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2011 11:22 AM

May 2011
I dont get it, what happened? What are they trying to pull off and tell us? I mean, the special kind of ended just like that.

Well, putting all of that aside <.< We have a pretty nice episode there, plenty of fan service, and i love the humour as well. Especially the bullet proof rubber ducky part. Reki is kind of cute in this special as well. Feels very different from the reki you normally see.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Dec 22, 2011 1:51 PM

Jun 2008
HikariNatsumi said:
I don't really get what happened here. I remember watching some fan service at the hot springs and a plot that ended up being a bad dream in the end. What even happened to this special training of theirs?

My guess is that it is trying to get sales for another season, which probably won't happen.

I agree that this did feel like a waste of time to watch.
But, it also felt as if the producers put this together because they were obligated to produce
one more episode rather than add anything new or otherwise to the original storyline.

Even the FAN SERVICE felt like it was lacking SEX APPEAL.
(But showing the teachers tied up did look......kind of hot.)
;)
FifthAveSenseiDec 22, 2011 2:02 PM
Too Much ANIME......Not enough LIFETIME!!!!!!
Dec 22, 2011 4:25 PM

Oct 2011
Lol bondage with the land lady. This was just awkward as hell though...
Dec 22, 2011 4:41 PM

Sep 2010
They don't seem worried that much after what happened.

FifthAveSensei said:
HikariNatsumi said:

I agree that this did feel like a waste of time to watch.
But, it also felt as if the producers put this together because they were obligated to produce
one more episode rather than add anything new or otherwise to the original storyline.

Even the FAN SERVICE felt like it was lacking SEX APPEAL.
(But showing the teachers tied up did look......kind of hot.)
;)

Yeah, you are right it felt like it was really a waste of time.

But anyhow, Shirayuki FTW!!
Dec 25, 2011 5:13 PM

Dec 2009
Well, the episode felt less than average in par with the other episodes, but it was okay.
Dec 25, 2011 6:32 PM

Jul 2011
It was pretty meh, typical sort of hot springs things happening. If there's not going to be another OVA to follow up, then the end of this OVA feels kind of awkward. :\
previously UnhappyRefrain - non-binary - they/them - California
Tumblr - Twitter - Youtube - DeviantArt
old sig
Dec 25, 2011 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
It was alright i guess was expecting alot more fanservice since thats what you normally get in a OVA but i just felt after watching it *wait that's it?* no *it was all apart of your training!* kinda ending made this feel like a waste of time lol..kinda like the series.
Dec 27, 2011 3:25 PM

Oct 2009
UnhappyRefrain said:
It was pretty meh, typical sort of hot springs things happening. If there's not going to be another OVA to follow up, then the end of this OVA feels kind of awkward. :

This. Well, i give a 7 for this special. Things i liked in this episode: tits.
あらあら。。。
Dec 27, 2011 5:02 PM

Aug 2011
WE HAVE ENTERED AN ENDLESS RECURSION OF TIME

» Escapism.

Dec 28, 2011 5:17 AM

Apr 2011
The little boy peeping in the corner honestly creep me out.

Why does the OVA have to be a horror story.

I agree that its a waster of time and should've instead put something better like a continuation of the series rather than put crap on it.

Dec 28, 2011 8:46 AM

Apr 2011
Random special, wasn't trying to focus on story or fanservice in particular, overall pretty pointless. I can only see this trying to make us think there will be a second season which i doubt :l
Dec 28, 2011 7:14 PM
Jan 2010
Eh, that was a weird special..
First fan service, then horror with a weird ending.
Dec 29, 2011 1:38 PM

Aug 2010
Quoting the wise philosopher Eric Cartman because he summed up my feelings pretty well when he said: "Da ff*ck?"

65kid said:
WE HAVE ENTERED AN ENDLESS RECURSION OF TIME

This was my first thought when they got back to the inn too.

Okay, so except for the unsatisfying ending of the mystery, it wasn't that bad. I mean considering this is Hidan no Aria we are talking about. Had a little fanservice and comedy every now and again, not to mention Reki got quite some screen time. Sure, it was blatantly stupid, but I actually had fun. So bad it's actually good. 3/5.
Dec 29, 2011 3:36 PM
Feb 2011
At first I barely could keep myself watching it, then it got interesting and then that ending... fuckthisshit...
At least I remember why I rated this anime only with a 3.
Dec 29, 2011 7:51 PM

Jul 2008
Well that made no sense.
Dec 31, 2011 3:31 PM

Sep 2011
Very odd OVA. It really went all over the place but I did at least enjoy it to an extent as it's been a while since i've seen the series.
Jan 3, 2012 12:57 AM
Apr 2011
Tbh I was like lolwut after watching it :3 didn't get the story at all, if there was one
Jan 3, 2012 1:35 AM

Oct 2010
EthanDuong said:
Tbh I was like lolwut after watching it :3 didn't get the story at all, if there was one
Nah it was a mix of Grudge and Silent Hill parody. In where the end I figured out is that they are stuck at this place.

My bets are eventually someone dispels it and seals the creepy lady with the boy. Notice the seals were broken in that cursed room. Just that they wanted a Silent Hill ending type. You are stuck till you solve the curse thing.

Jan 3, 2012 4:28 AM

Jun 2011
What were they even trying to do with this special?
Jan 3, 2012 4:45 AM
Jul 2018
ArcanaTrace said:
What were they even trying to do with this special?

I really do not have a clue, it's like they were trying to make it scary and a comedy with a hint of mystery but I dunno :S
Jan 4, 2012 2:13 AM

Jun 2011
What just happened? The kid was kind of creepy tho
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 4, 2012 6:05 AM
Jan 2009
If I saw that arm come out of a closet freaking out like that I would never go near anything similar to that..
Feb 13, 2012 5:20 PM

Oct 2010
I had more fun watching this than any other single episode in the story.. sadly this doesn't mean it did anything remarkably good or that in accomplish something.
huh?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» PV

Yumekichi11 - Aug 12, 2011

7 by Rasco »»
Dec 21, 2011 6:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.