Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 18, 2011 3:21 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nurarihyon gave Rikuo the sword for the final battle.

Rikuo was able to survive yet another attack from Nue, and his sword changed! (w. OP1 as BGM!) As well as others.

Even with everyone's power to Rikuo, Nue's unhurt, but one arm got rotten. The enemies escaped to underworld.

Then with the human kitsune youkai (=Rikuo's father's first wife). Rikuo wants to be the leader immediately to be stronger, and gave the kitsune youkai to the "sister" youkai.

Kyoto is back to normal.

lol~ it's like the final ep. of season 1 with getting comedy at second half!! Making the Nurarihyon group to Yura's place? Rikuo is back to human form now. He wants his sword fixed by that ex-1st sealer. The ancestor is also helping out. Human friends are safe.

Interesting dream of 3 generation of youkai Nura family meeting. lol @ youkai Rikuo's being tsundere! (ED2 as BGM)

No ending when ED credit. Then the ceremony to officially become leader. His goal is no hurting humans and not losing other youkais (losing own fear).

Next ep. is another recap. ep.
tsubasaloverDec 18, 2011 3:37 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2011 6:33 AM

Oct 2010
So glad they didnt ruin it. They did change a little from the manga.

In the manga they didnt get a single hit and was overwhelmed. When Nue was dissolving he told Rikuo he would be back in a years time.

This season gets a 10/10 for almost being exactly like the manga and no fillers.

Yura was so so adorbale this season.

Their better be a season 3 next year. Since the current arc in the manga is almost
over.

Rihan is still the best out of all the Nuras. Nurarihyon hair is the best though. I take back what i said Rihan and Young Nurarihyon is the best if they like a girl they tell her up front unlike Rukio. Yes i know he is young though. lol

I got to find that music they played during the 3 nuras playing around.
bonifideDec 18, 2011 6:38 AM
Dec 18, 2011 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing episode. DEEN did a better job with this season, it was the manga with additional things that made it even better. The scene with Nurarihyon and Rihan was touching.

Now I want a 3rd season with the actual manga arc. It will be awesome.
Dec 18, 2011 8:59 AM

Apr 2010
why is it written that it is still airing?
Dec 18, 2011 9:05 AM

Oct 2009
karimotek said:
possibly because of the recap thingy
Dec 18, 2011 9:05 AM

Oct 2011
Great ep. and the conclusion to the Kyoto arc and the season.. next week season recap. Well, I noticed some new added material not from the manga... Nurarihyon, Rihan & Rikuo (passing of the torch) .. epic moment... 10/10 this season.. Hundred tales arc next yr???
Dec 18, 2011 9:07 AM

Jul 2008
karimotek said:

It tends to take some tiem till MAL gives an Anime "Finished" status.
Dec 18, 2011 9:27 AM

Apr 2011
So 25 really was the final (real) ep of the season but we'll be getting another recap next, huh? Good to know.

Yeah, I think it was only because of the first season's big cliffhanger (everything was up in the air as to what Rikuo would do and if he would embrace his youkai side) that I continued. I'm really glad I did now!

Awesome season. HG was incredibly BA. Rikuo is suddenly highly likeable, Kana is almost nowhere to be seen (yay!) and it's both beautiful and exciting to watch. So season two gets a high-8 from me (just a slight bit more to the story would have pushed it into being a 9). Seimei looked kind of lame but I'm sure next season he'll be a far more interesting enemy.
Dec 18, 2011 9:31 AM

Apr 2010
bonifide said:

what the name of the music?

i really loved nuras dream, it was so warming and Beautiful
Dec 18, 2011 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
karimotek said:
bonifide said:

what the name of the music?

i really loved nuras dream, it was so warming and Beautiful

Im not sure but i will find it i just hope its not on some damn drama cd. You know they take forever to come out and always have character talking during the song.
Dec 18, 2011 9:54 AM

Jul 2010
Well this season was way better then S1 mainly cause it involved lot of action and some new kickass charachters. Last epi will recap of this awesome season and maybe there might be slight preview? I hope a season 3 will be announched soon I really want too see the hundred tales arc
Dec 18, 2011 10:04 AM

Nov 2007
Nayrael said:
karimotek said:

It tends to take some tiem till MAL gives an Anime "Finished" status.

I saw someone requested for modification in the modification forum. I also edited it to wait for approval.

madsin92 said:
karimotek said:
possibly because of the recap thingy

Recap doesn't included in here.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2011 10:06 AM

Oct 2011
Yh I remember the recap ep. now i think it was 12/13....great
Dec 18, 2011 10:06 AM

Jul 2011
Great episode!

Was expecting a much cooler equip though... but it was nice! :P
The dream with the 3 Nurarihyons was great, very nice!
Seems like Rikuo has matured a lot, a true Supreme commander... The Third Heir!

Will be looking forward to season 3.... (I guess/hope they will make a 3rd season!)
Dec 18, 2011 10:48 AM
Apr 2008
I feared they would give us anime original ending. Am I glad that they didn't! The random group-matoi was a fail though, one of the reasons why i give this episode 4/5.

I have mixed feelings about the rest of the added material. I suppose I should rewatch the whole thing again... Young Nurarihyon kinda distracted me there and all three Nura leaders spending time together reduced me to a giggling fangirl. Yeah.

Wakana's screentime is always a plus though!
Dec 18, 2011 11:52 AM

Apr 2008
Very good ending

I was a bit worried that they would rush seimei defeat, but this is a good way to end it
Dec 18, 2011 12:13 PM

Dec 2011
man, I loved the ending :)
I cant wait for more to come out now.
I thought seimei actually was gonna die and than the season was over bleh.
Glad it didn't happen like that, that wouldve been terrible x.x
Dec 18, 2011 5:48 PM

May 2008
damn it ended this season was amazing loved it.

hope we get a season 3!
Dec 18, 2011 6:27 PM

Nov 2011
Pretty anti-climactic ending, though I suppose it's fitting since they're setting up for a possible next season. That dream sequence was pretty lame though. Overall this season was a pleasant change from the first one.

Also, the way the Kyoto Yokai just won't die was pretty annoying.
MissileSoupDec 18, 2011 6:36 PM
Dec 18, 2011 6:51 PM
Apr 2011
10/10 for the season just truly amazing. great ending and sets up another season perfectly
Dec 18, 2011 8:07 PM

Dec 2010
Satisfying ending; I'm glad they didn't go cliche and beat him, since they made him seem so overpowered this seemed to fit better. I liked the entire episode except for the scene toward the end when i was dreadfully reminded of something this season made me forget; honestly those humans just need to disappear, especially Kana. Even though it wasn't that eventful i liked that scene with the three heirs, it seemed to match the closing tone of the season; hope there is a third season!
Dec 18, 2011 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
Wait, seriously? That was the ending? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT. What a lackluster finale. And there was barely any closure too. Just some stupid dream sequence, whatever that was supposed to be.

Yeah, agreed, certainly better than the first season, thanks to the change of direction, but ranked at 141 here on MAL? Uhhh...
Dec 18, 2011 11:20 PM

Jul 2008
Wait, seriously? That was the ending? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT.

Faithful adaptation of the Manga that immediately continues next week.
In other words, thats no ending, just a season break.
Dec 19, 2011 12:46 AM

Feb 2010
mutch better then the first session and the ending hint a 3th session 8/10.
Dec 19, 2011 10:27 PM

Feb 2011
Three Nuras so hot. *_*

The ending left me amaze :)

8/10
Dec 19, 2011 11:05 PM

Nov 2010
lame ending is lame.

seriously, all this suspence leading up to an ultimate finale fight and it's over in one move like 5 minutes in? LAME.
should have had a real fight and saved some of this for next week instead of a second recap (because who's gonna watch the recap of the second half? i can see the first, but the second one seems like a total waste.)
Dec 20, 2011 12:35 AM

May 2009
bskbob said:
mutch better then the first session and the ending hint a 3th session 8/10.

this &

ShadowGilgamesh said:
lame ending is lame.

seriously, all this suspence leading up to an ultimate finale fight and it's over in one move like 5 minutes in? LAME.
should have had a real fight and saved some of this for next week instead of a second recap (because who's gonna watch the recap of the second half? i can see the first, but the second one seems like a total waste.)

i see that you don't follow the manga, since they left the show hanging like the manga i suppose they will give a continuation, otherwise they would just make an alternative end.
Dec 20, 2011 12:52 AM

Jul 2008
i see that you don't follow the manga, since they left the show hanging like the manga i suppose they will give a continuation, otherwise they would just make an alternative end.

the problem here is that Anime built up too much for this versus Seimei battle and ended in kinda anticlimactically.
The Manga, on other hand, didn't build up for it and you could see that we are in Epilogue and that Seimei will be a later boss. The ending might be the same, but the road to it was kinda different and was good for Manga readers (who knew what to expect) and a mixed bag for AO watchers.
Dec 20, 2011 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
That little touch at the end with the three heirs was nice.
Grandpa still is the best looking Nura. Our third heir needs to grow up faster, he needs to be old enough to drink before he can take on Semei!
Dec 20, 2011 2:12 AM

Aug 2008
Nayrael said:
the problem here is that Anime built up too much for this versus Seimei battle and ended in kinda anticlimactically.
The Manga, on other hand, didn't build up for it and you could see that we are in Epilogue and that Seimei will be a later boss. The ending might be the same, but the road to it was kinda different and was good for Manga readers (who knew what to expect) and a mixed bag for AO watchers.
But if the anime had done it the exact same way as the manga it would be an even more anticlimactic end to the season.
Dec 20, 2011 5:23 AM

Jul 2008
llamaben said:
Nayrael said:
But if the anime had done it the exact same way as the manga it would be an even more anticlimactic end to the season.

Not just the end to the season, the whole season would actually be anticlimactic then if the manga was more faithfully followed. LOL 24 episodes just building up a future matchup that is still far into the future (i.e. is not the next arc).
Dec 20, 2011 7:33 AM

Jul 2008
"llamaben" said:

ShadowGilgamesh complained about the battle in ep24, not end of the season tough and the reply was about that.

"entropy13" said:
Not just the end to the season, the whole season would actually be anticlimactic then if the manga was more faithfully followed. LOL 24 episodes just building up a future matchup that is still far into the future (i.e. is not the next arc).

Season 2 was only building up to Rikuo Vs. Kitsune confrontation, which we got. Building up for confrontation with Seimei took practically one episode.
Dec 20, 2011 7:55 AM

Jan 2008
Lol at everyone complaining.

Overall I can't say I enjoyed the fight but I did enjoy the ending where Rikuo, his father and his grandfather talked/spared.
Dec 20, 2011 9:01 AM

Sep 2010
u guys so boring, always complaning ... -_-

i'm waiting for a next season ^_^y
Dec 20, 2011 9:28 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
10/10 for this season xD last was 9/10 cuz felt like missing something.

Anyways! GIVE ME SEASON 3
Dec 20, 2011 11:00 AM

May 2009
I am fairly satisfied with the way it ended. This season was so much better than the first and I hope they make a third.
Dec 20, 2011 6:02 PM

Feb 2010
Much better than 1st. and huge set up right there at the end for a 3rd season it seems. Well, hopefully! :D
Dec 20, 2011 9:14 PM

Jan 2010
Disappointing ending to what had been turning into a pretty good story.

And the fighting kind of sucked. It was a waste of time and brutally anti-climactic. Seimei was a tedious character — very disappointing after Tsuchi-Gumo and Hagoromo-Gitsune. There was far too much standing around (or floating in Seimei's case) for what purports to be an action show. The dénouement was fine but when Rikuo woke up, I felt that it would have worked better if he'd been sleeping with his head on Yura's lap.

Anyway, while much better than the first season, I can't really say that it was very good as a story. A better ending would have helped, especially after a strong run of episodes building towards the climax. Too bad they tripped just before the finish line. But I do think that the artwork was fantastic, and given the amount of standing around blathering, the voice work was also good. The OP was good. The ED less so. It will end up as a 6 or 7 for the season.
Dec 21, 2011 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
8/10 good anime.hope they do something about the music if there is going to be a 3rd season.
Dec 21, 2011 7:42 AM

Jun 2008
Mormegil said:
Wait, seriously? That was the ending? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT. What a lackluster finale. And there was barely any closure too. Just some stupid dream sequence, whatever that was supposed to be.

Yeah, agreed, certainly better than the first season, thanks to the change of direction, but ranked at 141 here on MAL? Uhhh...

Seriously did you wanted to have an ending battle right there and finish that guy? Are you serious? That will have sucked ten times more because beating him like they were was gonna be the most lame thing ever? It would have been another Claymore ending bullshit.

I haven't read the manga and i never expected that this guy was supposed to be beaten now. If you read my comment in the previous episode i was worried that they will be having a show down with that guy.
The whole arc was about Hagoromo Gitsune really. Not him. His a future bad guy.

It just seems to me Mormegil has shitty understanding ability.
MonadJan 7, 2012 4:32 AM
Dec 21, 2011 10:51 AM

Jun 2008
Paul said:
Lol at everyone complaining.

Overall I can't say I enjoyed the fight but I did enjoy the ending where Rikuo, his father and his grandfather talked/spared.

THIS;D
and i also loved when Otome died, although it felt more emotional on the manga, here it was very fast. Bless her, she was great with Rihan.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 21, 2011 3:26 PM
Mar 2009
Unita said:
I feared they would give us anime original ending. Am I glad that they didn't! The random group-matoi was a fail though, one of the reasons why i give this episode 4/5.

my sentiments exactly. the way episode 23 ended, i thought they were gonna give us a typical shounen "if-we-combine-our-strength-and-believe-we-can-beat-him!" ending in episode 24... thank god they didn't.

the dream with the three Nuras were unexpected. it was cute though :P
Dec 22, 2011 9:37 PM

Jun 2009
9/10

best youkai anime ever!
Dec 23, 2011 4:31 PM

Apr 2010
Great show! <3 They have to make a 3rd season, and the way it ended make me think that's highly possible ~~
-Just Believe-
Dec 24, 2011 2:23 AM

Aug 2007
I really liked this season as a whole, but that last episode was really... off beat.

It felt like the pacing was extremely forced, sometimes awkward. The characters floating around during the fight as opposed to "charging", the cgi, and the character placement really bugged me at a few different parts.

Did anyone else get that vibe?

>.>
Dec 25, 2011 7:41 AM
Apr 2007
But it's not over yet for this season... there is an ep25 and an ep26 which was released subbed today...

MAL is off on the numbering, lol.
It's more than 24 eps...

See Ep 25 and 26 Here
http://www.vizanime.com/series/10117/3/asc
Dec 25, 2011 7:46 AM

Jul 2008
ElderKain said:
But it's not over yet for this season... there is an ep25 and an ep26 which was released subbed today...

MAL is off on the numbering, lol.
It's more than 24 eps...

See Ep 25 and 26 Here
http://www.vizanime.com/series/10117/3/asc

MAL follows official Japanese numbering system which is 24 episodes + 2 recap eps (which have a database entry here), not the one used by Liecensers.
Dec 25, 2011 8:10 AM
Apr 2007
Nayrael said:
MAL follows official Japanese numbering system which is 24 episodes + 2 recap eps (which have a database entry here), not the one used by Liecensers.

ah okay.
That makes the numbering system kinda weird, because I like the fact that the episode numbers match up with what I watch... And yes I'm one of the few which watches the recap episodes, like ep26 was a recap over the last arc of this season.

I look forward to the next season ^.^
Great opening for a sequel at the end of ep25 ^.^

and yes I'm still saying ep25, because I go by the official numbering regardless of recaps, lol.
I know they have a separate entry for them, but that's just weird for me, lol.
Dec 26, 2011 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
ElderKain said:
and yes I'm still saying ep25, because I go by the official numbering regardless of recaps, lol.
I know they have a separate entry for them, but that's just weird for me, lol.

MAL system is the more official one as the Animation Studio are the ones who decided to not count the recaps as episodes (mostly because they are not putting them on DVD's). The numberings can be found on official site as well as in the episodes themselves (which is why fansubbers use the Official numbering while Streaming Sites, use the Viz numbering).

Either way, get used to the fact that MAL doesn't give a BEEP about Viz and Crunchyroll. This probably won't be the last confusing event.
Dec 27, 2011 1:14 PM

Jun 2010
the way seimei retreat remind me of aizen, he'll become a great boss yea. xD
i feel bad for otome...her death(again) shall be revenge! :(

this season was so amazing, cant wait for the next season.I doubt it'll be good as this one. xD
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 15 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 16, 2011

13 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 9, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 3 Discussion

Nayrael - Jul 17, 2011

46 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 7, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 23 Discussion

lc94 - Dec 16, 2011

28 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 7:36 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 22 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 4, 2011

29 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou Episode 21 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 27, 2011

17 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 25, 2023 5:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.