Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 15, 2011 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting intro., with OP by the singer's concert, to why they are at countryside, and it's after summer comiket.

Nagi, who chased him, noticed an invisible wall, and the girl got Yuki Nagato's outfit? So everyone's trapped and Hayate is in another space? The moon and Hayate searching for phone wave actually helping Nagi on how weird the situation is. The threesome noticed late.

Interesting that Maria is affected by real Maria, who's getting on the hand of helping out with the cooking. Maria also sensing weird a bit?

Hina's sister at the school seeing the legend and is going for money? She and the male teacher didn't actually involve with the main thing in the end.

Hina was used for try to remember Nagi.

The two girls who came later didn't affect with the effect, so they know Nagi and weird about Hina not know Nagi.

The girl (Aya Endo?) is giving the jewel to sell, and she was going to kill Nagi. With Nagi's screaming, the wall is broken and Hayate remembers. Nagi knows that the girl is kind.

Wow, Hina is so cool! And Hayate to the rescue as usual!!

So it was memory of amusement park with his mother (the soul of the girl).

Festival at the end.
tsubasaloverDec 16, 2011 4:14 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 15, 2011 11:38 AM

Nov 2007
It was a good movie and was true to the usual Hayate enjoyment. I think Manglobe did good on this one.

Of course the highlight fo the whole movie for me was definitely that 1 second screenshot with Athena on it ;_; GOD she needs to be animated already!!!

Other than that the movie managed to properly give everyone decent screentime, I dont feel like any character was left out (from the ones we were introduced for the movie that is).
The music was decent, at times even pretty good.
The animation was very simple, but for a series like Hayate it works very well, I would watch more of this by manglobe tbh.
Dec 15, 2011 5:48 PM

Jul 2009
Alot of it seemed like a big advertisement to me lol, the fact they kept directly stating iphone rather than just any old phone, etc. In the anime itself, had they censored brand names as well? I know they censored anime references like gundams.

I'm a bit depressed that Hayate almost completely forgot about her like that... lol, and holding hinagiku's hand trying to remember lol, im suprized she didn't attack him right there and then. Maria cant stop doing maid things... lol

I liked how the opening theme showed the stories base; we got to see hayate getting run over by the car with actual blood lol. Guess they needed to slide Ruka somewhere in there, but it was a little sad that her entire involvement was just a concert, few posters, and iphone wallpaper.
Dec 15, 2011 8:22 PM

Jun 2011
I liked it. It was really enjoyable.
Lots of interesting references~

Everyone was there but Athena >_<
ShihDec 15, 2011 8:32 PM
Dec 16, 2011 12:42 AM

Feb 2010
movie was ok for a gag show like hayate it had not mutch comedyi at all which is possible the biggest downside of the movie 7/10.
Dec 16, 2011 8:52 PM

Dec 2009
I only just realized that that girl (Kayura, I think that is her name) is cosplaying Saber.

This movie is quite good, but the anime is much more better so 7/10 from me.
NelieiDec 17, 2011 4:46 AM

Dec 17, 2011 10:33 PM

Mar 2008
It was pretty good. I am glad to see that the people saying it was an obvous Nagi/Hayate pairing movie were wrong.... considering Nagi was separated from Hayate for half the movie.

I personally ship Nishizawa and Hayate, then Hina/Hayate so I dislike Nagi/Hayate moments. Nice movie and I am so glad they're releasing a season 3 in 2012.
Dec 17, 2011 10:37 PM

Apr 2010
I really hated that new art style. I really hope that Season 3 goes back to JC Staff.

Dec 17, 2011 11:17 PM

Nov 2009
It was ok, not as good as I had hoped.

However did anyone else think that Maria as the Ojou was fricken adorable?

Felt more like a long OVA than a movie which I guess it was.
Dec 17, 2011 11:49 PM

Jun 2011
Shih said:
I liked it. It was really enjoyable.
Lots of interesting references~

Everyone was there but Athena >_<

I know right? I wan my A-tan too T_T Shes my favourite character.

Also huuray for Ruka she looks awwwwwwwwwwwesome and her song was great <3.

And those HinaXHayate moments was great, love the bath and holding hands scene XD

Kayura cosplaying Saber was good as well and LOL at the scene when she goes out to lock the ferries wheel door.But wasnt Kayura not yet revealed in the manga in August? or did i remember wrong?

Overall i really think this movie was very well done the fact that they introduced a new character(Hayate's grandmother?), was really good and the backstory of it.
ArcanaTraceDec 19, 2011 9:29 AM
Dec 18, 2011 12:30 AM

Apr 2010
Was cute. I didn't really know what to expect for a gag comedy anime movie so I wasn't really dissapointed per say, but wasn't blown out of the water or anything.

The moment with hina alone was adorable even if I am a nagi fan. Overall was enjoyable, felt a bit short for a movie, kind of a long ova really. 8/10
Dec 18, 2011 1:11 AM

Jan 2009
Still not used to the new animation style but it was really enjoyable. 7/10
This should also calm the people desperate for some developments in the current manga chapters since it happens after the whole Comima arc.
The lack of Alice was puzzling though, I wonder how Hata will explain that.
Dec 18, 2011 2:42 AM

Apr 2011
Who is Kayura? Who voiced him/her?
Dec 18, 2011 3:54 AM

Aug 2009
I thought the movie was about Athena arc. The movie had a Haruhi feeling to it. I enjoyed the Hina parts the most. 7/10
Dec 18, 2011 3:59 AM

Nov 2007
allflying said:

Kayura (剣野 カユラ(つるぎの かゆら)) is a character from manga (Japanese wiki has spoiler), and she (a girl) is voiced by Youko Hikasa.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 18, 2011 4:07 AM

Jan 2009
Im not gonna lie i like the series and all but this was very boring and pointless.
Dec 18, 2011 4:24 AM

Jan 2009
Hina's moments were the only enjoyable parts of the movie, the rest was really weak.

And Hayate has once again reaffirmed his devotion to the Queen of Pests, because we haven't seen that at least a dozen times...
A 30minute OVA would have suited this 'story' much better.
Dec 18, 2011 4:52 AM

Apr 2011
tsubasalover said:
allflying said:

Kayura (剣野 カユラ(つるぎの かゆら)) is a character from manga (Japanese wiki has spoiler), and she (a girl) is voiced by Youko Hikasa.

Ah, no wonder I always got exited whenever heard her voice
Dec 18, 2011 5:41 AM

Oct 2009
I was trying to 'remember' who Kayura, 40 minutes later running through S1 and S2 I realised she hadn't appeared in the anime yet. Lol.

I'll go read the manga, Hayate no Gotoku was one of my first fall in love anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2011 7:06 AM

Feb 2009
I want there are more time for Ruka and A-Tan. And I wonder why Kayura appeared in this movie that soon, in manga it's still not NatsuComi yet
Dù cho biển cạn núi mòn,
Server còn chạy, ta còn chơi game.
Dec 18, 2011 7:45 AM

Aug 2010
Riptos said:
It was ok, not as good as I had hoped.

Dec 18, 2011 10:10 AM

Jun 2010
I think this movie is after the events in the manga......which hasn't occurred yet, I think because they recently introduced Kayura like a month ago or so.

So that was Hayate's mom. I didn't think they would've shown her like that. We've barely been shown a glimpse of his parents and here they are, showing his mom and even making a movie about it.

Dec 18, 2011 10:24 AM

Jul 2011
13man18 said:
I think this movie is after the events in the manga......which hasn't occurred yet, I think because they recently introduced Kayura like a month ago or so.

So that was Hayate's mom. I didn't think they would've shown her like that. We've barely been shown a glimpse of his parents and here they are, showing his mom and even making a movie about it.

no i think that woman was his grandmother, she did say it was her sons debt meaning hayate's dads debt, i think she felt sorry for hayate and gave him that jewel to help him, and lol in the end that guy took it and isn't even going to sell it, what a waste

i kind of find this movie refreshing, it had its funny moments, its romantic moments, (lol bath scene and holding hands) some people hadn't read the manga so they didn't know what was going on, i think this is set in the future but i never saw loli athena, we might get more detail on why later and maybe see if this movie has any relevance to the manga story at all, i think it might because it had kayura in it before she was even introduced in the manga

i am looking foward to the 3rd season as it will focus on hayate's past and athena
Dec 18, 2011 10:42 AM

Oct 2010
The movie seems not one being only 1 hour, however I do hope another one to come out in the future. As for this one itself, Himegami fan service was good in the spoiler
while herself was splendid. As many fans I am sure were pleased. Also glad they kept the fan service modest. With the other animes out there, who knows but Hayate continues to be the light cock tease it has been.

So no changes to that is always a plus for me and besides that there excellently drawn hentai mangas of this series out there to feed of for the perverted minds of many for this series. So definitely a plus for the censors strangely enough this time around for me.

Question, I heard the BD is going to be the same thing as this but extended so what does the extend involve exactly?
13man18 said:
Yeah I sense RAGE suddenly showing up towards Hayate's mother and the father even more. They were so lame from the start of the debt thing situation. Hayate may not be the only character of this show affected by it but his parents are sure subjects of my rage.

If Nagi would not help him, he would be long ago God knows what as he was sold off. Point being I do think the intro to his mother is nice and eventually to the father but less this leads to explanations and sympathies for the parents, I personally will show none towards them. What they did to their son is shit and that makes low end garbage shit to me for doing that.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 18, 2011 12:04 PM
Aug 2009
quality of character design felt like this movie had an extremely tight budget. Hope a new series won't get the same treatment.
Dec 18, 2011 12:58 PM

Jan 2008
Character design was really weird in this. I had a hard time differentiating between Izumi and Ayumu at first. Also, I didn't even know that was Sakuya when she and Izumi appeared. I mean I believed it was her but I couldn't really tell. Her bewbs are bigger in the Anime and Manga but they're like flat as a cardboard in this Anime.

I haven't read any Manga scanlations in a long time, but I have every vol released in english, so a few characters I don't know or don't remember well (Kayura and Ruka). Pretty much going "who we these girls again?". This must take place farther in the Manga I guess.

Also, I didn't understand the entire thing but I'm guessing that was Hayate's
Dec 18, 2011 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Paul said:
Character design was really weird in this. I had a hard time differentiating between Izumi and Ayumu at first. Also, I didn't even know that was Sakuya when she and Izumi appeared. I mean I believed it was her but I couldn't really tell. Her bewbs are bigger in the Anime and Manga but they're like flat as a cardboard in this Anime.

I haven't read any Manga scanlations in a long time, but I have every vol released in english, so a few characters I don't know or don't remember well (Kayura and Ruka). Pretty much going "who we these girls again?". This must take place farther in the Manga I guess.

Also, I didn't understand the entire thing but I'm guessing that was Hayate's

maybe biological one?
Dec 18, 2011 1:28 PM

Nov 2007
its should be prety obvious that was Hayate's grandmother, it was a sweet gesture of her
Dec 18, 2011 1:54 PM

Jul 2011
geez everyone just ignored my post, i just said that it was hayate's GRANDMA, why the hell would his mother appear in ghost form all of a sudden and give him a diamond worth millions, im pretty sure hayate's parents ran away and most likely wont be shown again, the only other family we know about is his brother who disappeared and now his grandmother who must of died around that area and wanted the best for him
Dec 18, 2011 4:16 PM

Oct 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:
geez everyone just ignored my post, i just said that it was hayate's GRANDMA, why the hell would his mother appear in ghost form all of a sudden and give him a diamond worth millions, im pretty sure hayate's parents ran away and most likely wont be shown again, the only other family we know about is his brother who disappeared and now his grandmother who must of died around that area and wanted the best for him
I did not read the manga so I though it may be her. I missed your post too. Sry. However that is how I feel towards Hayate's mother when she happens to show up in this series and same goes for the father.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 18, 2011 8:20 PM

Dec 2010
game8910 said:
its should be prety obvious that was Hayate's grandmother, it was a sweet gesture of her

That's what i got out of it too, and in the manga both the parents not just the dad were horrible so there's no way that lady was the mom. So I'm assuming since she mentioned the dad she is the grandmother from the dads side; and ya i thought it was a nice gesture even though it was obvious how he would respond to it.
Dec 18, 2011 8:48 PM
May 2010
It was pretty good, same goes for the art, not too bad though I'm a little confused which character is this and that. Like the OP and Nagi's iPhone wallpaper is Ruka lol.

And I wish that woman was Hayate's real mother, with twist that

too bad it's not lol, but still, fact that hayate could have some happy moments before he met Nagi and other is good for me.

as for Athena, I think it's because the setting in this movie is set to some month further than the manga now, so it's possible that Athena already restore her energy with Hinagiku.
That's why there's no Athena, she already got her power back, she no longer needs to stay with Hayate and friends.
This is a signature.
Dec 18, 2011 9:24 PM

Sep 2008
amazing how some people can´t understand something as simple as the fact that she was her GRANDMA...
ignoring that...
i wondered too if this is in the future, more than in the manga, then the chibi A-tan is close to finishing?
8/10 for me, i just love this series, waiting to see S3, of course, for A-tan
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 18, 2011 10:16 PM
Apr 2010
sayian said:
quality of character design felt like this movie had an extremely tight budget. Hope a new series won't get the same treatment.

I thought about this too. It was... different to say the least; like some features were missing. But it was good nonetheless. Definitely a back-to-the-roots plots kinda deal for me.
Dec 19, 2011 1:09 AM

May 2008
game8910 said:
I agree, The Movie
was good and It cover many parts and several characters appeared during the movie. A S3 would great but i would expect that it would take a while for the season to appear.....i hope that they do make a 3rd season though.
Dec 19, 2011 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
Not quite what I expected, I'm quite disappointed :/
Dec 19, 2011 11:56 AM

Aug 2009
Well, I'm a big fan of the manga and thought it was a pretty interesting and good movie. Loved Kayura cosplays, jokes, Hinagiku being cute, the songs and the ending.

It's so good to see Hayate animated again. Even though I feel sorry for Hamster being ignored (again). ;_;
Dec 19, 2011 2:41 PM
Dec 2010
well long story short I felt like something was missing (changed?). I was expecting more tbh.
Dec 19, 2011 7:27 PM

Feb 2010
I for one really liked it. One thing I want to point out real fast,

I wasn't a big fan of the style at first when it was announced, but I like it now. Why? Well that's simple, it follows Hata's actual art style much more closely than the two seasons of anime. It's true, take a good look.

As for the content and story and such, I dunno, I really liked it. I felt like this is what I wanted to see, after all Hayate is a very slow paced series. If you wanted some more obnoxious comedy it had to be longer than an hour, otherwise it would interfere with the development of the movie itself.

This is really biased cause the Hayate manga is my favorite manga, but the intro sequence, the shirozakura scene, and the bits and pieces of every character Hata works hard to put detail into did come out (I felt Ayumu should have shown up more :P). If there's anything I really like about the Hayate series, it's that I feel the characters have a lot of life to them, and this is just how they would play out going to the countryside and such :)
Dec 20, 2011 1:32 AM

Feb 2010
And I thought this movie is made for A-tan D:
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 20, 2011 9:06 AM

Feb 2010
Cashdaxxx said:
And I thought this movie is made for A-tan D:
Think of it this way. If this movie was for A-tan, her arc, or at least "The End of the World" arc would be condensed into 1 hour when "The End of the World Arc" combined with the Athena arc was around 80 chapters long. You don't want that, you want to give her like half of season 3 at least.
Dec 20, 2011 10:38 AM

Mar 2009
Meh... I didn't expect much from an OVA. Hayate is at its best when the episodes are just random episodic plots like trying to find pocky when all stores ran out of stock for an entire episode.

I pretty much watched it for the Loli, but the exaggerated Hina swordplay scene was epic (lol) and I also have a different image of hayate's mother.
Dec 20, 2011 4:58 PM

Feb 2010
SteakForLuLu said:
Meh... I didn't expect much from an OVA. Hayate is at its best when the episodes are just random episodic plots like trying to find pocky when all stores ran out of stock for an entire episode.

I pretty much watched it for the Loli, but the exaggerated Hina swordplay scene was epic (lol) and I also have a different image of hayate's mother.
It's Hayate's grandma, not his mom. Also, the randomness you refer to if I understand right is probably mostly present in the first season, which did not follow the manga 3/4 of the time. Just saying that Hayate will continue to have a story in future seasons.
Dec 20, 2011 5:13 PM

Jul 2010
when i say hayate the 1st thing that came to mind was "HE'S SO BLUE!! WAS HE ALWAYS THIS BLUE!?!?"

Yanoflies said:
I was trying to 'remember' who Kayura, 40 minutes later running through S1 and S2 I realised she hadn't appeared in the anime yet. Lol.

half the time though i was wondering if it was actually a guy or a girl

Yumekichi11 said:
13man18 said:
Yeah I sense RAGE suddenly showing up towards Hayate's mother and the father even more. They were so lame from the start of the debt thing situation. Hayate may not be the only character of this show affected by it but his parents are sure subjects of my rage.

If Nagi would not help him, he would be long ago God knows what as he was sold off. Point being I do think the intro to his mother is nice and eventually to the father but less this leads to explanations and sympathies for the parents, I personally will show none towards them. What they did to their son is shit and that makes low end garbage shit to me for doing that.

THIS makes more sense now, cuz i thought that was his mom, and we obviously know that his parents were the reason for his suffering. so i had mixed feeling when she said that.
good clearup. Hayate's grandmother is PRO

Dec 20, 2011 11:50 PM

Mar 2011
Not bad. Chiharu had a big role in this which is cool.

But,

where the fuck is the Wakamoto narrator?
Dec 21, 2011 12:50 AM

Sep 2010
Not too amazing, but I liked it.
Dec 22, 2011 12:07 AM

Nov 2007
This is the first time I fell asleep watching Hayate. Anyways, the ending was nice. 7/10 at best. Perhaps my expectation was a lot. Ten no Koe was missed terribly. And Manglobe did a terrible job on Hayate Movie. Someone better make a third season and bring back Hayate awesomeness. That's all I wanted to say.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 22, 2011 6:52 PM

Oct 2011
The art... I can't bring myself to enjoy it after seeing the first 2 seasons...
Ah well, story itself was okay so 7/10
Dec 23, 2011 3:06 AM

Aug 2011
Neogen said:
I wasn't a big fan of the style at first when it was announced, but I like it now. Why? Well that's simple, it follows Hata's actual art style much more closely than the two seasons of anime. It's true, take a good look.

Ding ding ding!

As for the placement of the movie in the timeline of the manga, it can be a bit confusing. It's not, as someone said before, an event fro 1 month where the manga currently is. As it stands, the new school term has started in the manga.

So, my general question is: where is Alice-tan? She was living with them as of 2010 in the manga, but she's nowhere to be found in the movie. Weirder, Kayura wasn't introduced as a character in the manga until much more recently.

So, I'm going off to say that the movie is non-canon

Edit: found an answer. the script and the screenplay weren't even written by Hata
violaxcoreDec 23, 2011 2:05 PM
violaxcore.png
Dec 24, 2011 1:40 PM

Dec 2010
Neogen said:

Thx for the note, the art was the first thing i noticed that was different, thought it was just the animators doing there own thing but now I understand.

Overall it wasn't bad but it felt like an iPhone commercial at times which was funny at first but then they brought it up consistently, however I did enjoy the suzumiya reference with the closed space and uniform.
Kaede-ProDec 24, 2011 1:46 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on the movie

Algazero - Dec 3, 2010

41 by CarbonMD »»
Dec 14, 2019 7:49 AM

» Prologue Of This Movie.

Tennouji - Mar 20, 2012

1 by tsubasalover »»
Jun 6, 2012 10:26 AM

» BD Title

tsubasalover - Nov 21, 2011

2 by tsubasalover »»
Feb 27, 2012 10:51 AM

» Manga Released with the Movie

ExiaRevival - Jan 7, 2012

1 by tsubasalover »»
Feb 27, 2012 10:49 AM

» Question Bout That Movie

DesolatePsyche - Dec 21, 2011

6 by JohnKimble »»
Jan 15, 2012 10:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.