Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 14, 2011 2:30 AM

Sep 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
... ... Already finished ?
So it's good for me.
A little past.
Dec 14, 2011 2:49 AM

Feb 2010
good chap can't rember last time i said that in a bleach thread :o
Dec 14, 2011 2:51 AM

Feb 2008
Did he kill Ginjou?
Dec 14, 2011 3:05 AM

Jul 2008
nice chap imo
Dec 14, 2011 3:06 AM

Mar 2009
Instant haircut.
Dec 14, 2011 3:13 AM

Sep 2008
So new chapter is out...What are your thoughts?

I think it was bad, well I guess its the opening to the couple chapter long flashback. Closure of the arc ftw.
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Dec 14, 2011 3:17 AM

Jul 2007
I loved this chapter it was uber awesome sad and melancholic. Next week we most likely will learn about the event that made ginjou turn against ss' which is only fitting since end-year chapters are always uber shocking stuff. I can only begin to imagine on what will happen next.

One is clear, ginjou will join ichigo team now. I just can't see kubo kill his new favorite character and considering the way everything is set up, aizen, ichigo, ginjou team up seems to get more and more likely.

Overall so far xcution arc is hands down one of my most favorite arcs of bleach and ginjou is just plain awesome and badass,
Dec 14, 2011 3:29 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, this chapter went by so fast.

I swear I read it in like 3 seconds..
Dec 14, 2011 3:36 AM

Sep 2008
If ginjo joins ichigo then tsukishima needs to get beaten to a bloody pulp or die. But he probly wont cus they would'nt let a human die.

Inb4 unohara comes and spits on everyone.
Throw sticks or stones and I'll break you're bones, but words...I'll just delete 'em.
Dec 14, 2011 3:41 AM

Nov 2011
Man they couldve stretched out the fight between them into another chapter cause it was so quick.

And didnt Byakuya kill Tsukishima during their fight so how did he come back
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 3:58 AM

Sep 2010
Good chapter? Kubo is dragging it a lot, ALL of this chapter (same goes for other chapters) could have been done in 6 pages AT MOST. Also, I love how people are coming back from death just to make some fail cliched scene. Never expected this arc to be any good, and my guess was right.
Dec 14, 2011 4:20 AM

Jul 2007
above people are perfect examples that majority of complainers do not actually read but skim. It was outright stated that majority of fbs minus giriko survived. Ginjou outright said tsuki is still alive.
And 6pages? Really? This chapter was full of buildup and character development for fbs and especially ginjou.

Kubo's story board style in his manga panels actually helped to embody the emotions and atmosphere, for example the panel page of ginjou falling trying to stand up and falling again was beautiful and emotional.
Dec 14, 2011 4:25 AM
Sep 2007
Shit was lame
Hi
Dec 14, 2011 4:26 AM

Jun 2011
That chapter somehow feels short. Riruka suddenly came out from Rukia, makes me wonder why she hides inside Rukia in the first place.

At first I thought Ginjou was talking about Aizen...but it looks like I'm wrong =P Overall, nice chapter to conclude this arc. Hopefully more explanations given in the next chapter~
Dec 14, 2011 5:07 AM

Feb 2010
Good chapter but it was just too short
Dec 14, 2011 5:11 AM

Dec 2009
I thought first Riruka stole Rukia's body at the beginning, now it seems she was inside her body.

Wonder what was Shuu-chan's past with Ginjou.
Dec 14, 2011 5:26 AM

Oct 2009
Meh. Bleach is the kind of manga you leave for a year and then read all 50 chapters at once. Else it's really meh.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 14, 2011 5:39 AM

May 2010
ohmyfreakingod. :O

Rukia..!
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Dec 14, 2011 5:41 AM

Jun 2011
naisuuu a peak into the past :) rukia almost died and RIRUKA :O

btw ginjo+bankai+hollow=gay copycat
Dec 14, 2011 6:15 AM

Feb 2011
What the...?

Shit was cool tho, lets see where this is going to.
Dec 14, 2011 7:19 AM

Feb 2010
Ruri-san said:
That chapter somehow feels short. Riruka suddenly came out from Rukia, makes me wonder why she hides inside Rukia in the first place.

Waiting for the right moment. Duh.

Those who say this chapter is lame. Really? Did you expect all these to happen? Of cos I expected the part where Riruka appears from Rukia and become a 'good' character. She has lots of explaining to do about why she decided to change sides. Ichigo defeating Ginjo like no one's business and Tsukishima coming up to take revenge. Rukia protecting Ichigo who was in turn protected by Riruka. (that was o.0) So would Riruka die?

Besides, it's not just Bleach. I can flip through 50 chapters of other mangas in 30mins. And did you ever considered the fact that this is a SHONEN manga (i.e. lots of action pages with no dialogue) ? Do you even appreciate the effort put in order to draw these action pages? Obviously no.

Ginjo is definitely not dead. Rmb how fast Aizen 'died' in the SS arc? (but thats a different case. No one noticed him because he wasnt portrayed as the main character) Hitsugaya got one whole chunk of his body sliced off and he is still alive.

Just to double confirm. The last page shows Ginjo as a substitute shinigami and young Tsuki right?
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Dec 14, 2011 7:43 AM

Nov 2008
End of battle was kinda lame. Didn't expect the rest to happen. And now a flashback, let's see Ginjou's past.
DuroDeMatarDec 14, 2011 7:47 AM
Dec 14, 2011 7:49 AM
Dec 2010
Thank you, icegenie that was well-put. Fai as well has good points here.

Anyways, I thought this chapter was epic. On a small scale sure, but it made me more excited and engaged than most anything from FKT *shudder*

Come on, there was more than enough awesome stuff in this chap:

- Badass art with the fight
- HOLY SH*T! TSUKISHIMA OUT OF F*CKING NOWHERE!!
- Rukia jumping in front of Ichigo
- Ichigo freaking the f** out when she does
- Riruka finally taking a stand
- Tsukishima finally (FINALLY) losing his cool
- And starting the past

I'm loving this.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Dec 14, 2011 7:59 AM

May 2009

Arashi89Dec 19, 2011 8:41 AM
Dec 14, 2011 8:09 AM

Aug 2008
Well that was quick! Seriously, I thought the clash of their bankai would be more elongated. But it looks like I underestimated Ichigo's returned, revived shinigami abilities. He's evolved a lot, while it seems Ginjou was using the old version, literally. Sliced like butter.

The really interesting part was all the nonsense that happened after the fight. Tsukishima pops up out of nowhere, chest hole and severed spinal column be damned! He attempts to slice Ichigo; it looks like he's gonna kill Rukia; and ends up hacking Riruka! Why does no one ever have a sword during all these sword fights?! Surely if you have time to hop in front of a blade, you can attempt to block it with your sword, or your sheath? Come on Rukia! That could've been a really dumb, unnecessary death. Well Bleach stays true to form and we'll get the character's background and eulogy in the same chapter.

Dec 14, 2011 8:24 AM

Jan 2008
@DonKangolJones: Well maybe there is more to Riruka's power than you think.. Maybe when SHE is inside someone she can control that person.. Thus she may of moved Rukia to pop out to stop Tsukishima.. Not knowing he was using his normal sword.
Dec 14, 2011 8:25 AM

Aug 2008
Rojo said:
@DonKangolJones: Well maybe there is more to Riruka's power than you think.. Maybe when SHE is inside someone she can control that person.. Thus she may of moved Rukia to pop out to stop Tsukishima.. Not knowing he was using his normal sword.

Good point. I don't really know for sure if that was all Riruka or Rukia then Riruka. It's a bit confusing.
Dec 14, 2011 8:31 AM

Jan 2008
@DonKangolJones: 2 things...

1- How do you quote someone..? >_<

and

2- Hmm true.. It could of been either one of them to jump in front.. They both like Ichigo.. Who knows.. Hopefully we will find out.. I just don't think Rukia is that dumb to jump in front of someone who is swing a sword without defending herself... Then again... Well all that we do know is that Riruka got owned.. But I hope she doesn't die... D=
Dec 14, 2011 8:38 AM

Oct 2007
wait so... the end of the previous chapter showing a decisive strike... was actually a decisive strike for once? after years of being trolled on page 1 of the next chapter, i just dont habeeb it
Dec 14, 2011 8:42 AM

Jul 2010
Rukia and Riruka <3
Dec 14, 2011 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
Love this chapter;) Now the past, i hope we can learn new things and introduce a new bigger arc with lots of crazy fights.xD
Dec 14, 2011 8:48 AM

Aug 2008
Rojo said:

Use the BBCode <quote=(person's name)> Place quote and then.... </quote>

That ends the quote. Now just replace the (<) & (>) with [ & ].

Or.... just use the Quote button at the bottom right or the person's comment.
Dec 14, 2011 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
I applaud Kubo for once for keeping plot devices consistent, instead of executing new ones out of sheer convenience.
Dec 14, 2011 8:53 AM

Jan 2008
DonKangolJones said:
Rojo said:

Use the BBCode <quote=(person's name)> Place quote and then.... </quote>

That ends the quote. Now just replace the (<) & (>) with [ & ].

Or.... just use the Quote button at the bottom right or the person's comment.

Oh my god.. How blind could I be.. >_<

Anyway thanks for the help!
Dec 14, 2011 9:08 AM

Mar 2011
Nice chapter!

Gotta say, I smiled seeing Riruka again. I hope she sticks around for a bit!
Dec 14, 2011 9:11 AM
Dec 2010
May I put something forward as well?

I think we're getting the 'real' meaning of the title Bleach now. Ichigo is 'cleansing' Soul Society, making them change their ways and overturning the status quo. I know what's been said about how Kubo chose the title, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have added to it over time.

It's actually quite genius.
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Dec 14, 2011 9:25 AM

Mar 2009
Fai said:

Kubo's story board style in his manga panels actually helped to embody the emotions and atmosphere, for example the panel page of ginjou falling trying to stand up and falling again was beautiful and emotional.

I liked that part too. Gonna re watch again few more times.

If Ginjo does die then maybe Ichigo would be able to absorb him as his inner hollow / visitor to his inner world. But yeah Ginjo will probably regenerate with his hollow powers like Ichigo did in fight with Ulquiorra.

Tsukishima might not be a human. You cant walk without heart man...
Was it Rukia that ran to shield Ichigo or Riruka controlled her body?
Dec 14, 2011 9:35 AM

Apr 2008
That was fast.
Dec 14, 2011 10:16 AM

Feb 2008
would i be wrong in saying that this manga is borderline sucking?
Dec 14, 2011 10:23 AM

Jan 2009
Loved it. This new arc has different atmosphere, not only in the setting but in the way the story is delivered.
Also, very dynamic chapter. And I always like the flashes to the past.
Dec 14, 2011 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
generalmartacus said:
May I put something forward as well?

I think we're getting the 'real' meaning of the title Bleach now. Ichigo is 'cleansing' Soul Society, making them change their ways and overturning the status quo.

Well frankly this has been obvious since long time.

Aizen is the one who FAILED and in turn became tainted himself. Ichigo will have to change the way world works(SS system, Royal Realm, defeating Soul King) and NOT follow Aizen's footsteps.

This arc so far did set up Ichigo choosing the side of NEW Soul Society. It would only be logical for the NEW soul society to have to make a choice to choose Ichigo's side against the "conservative/old ways" that Royal Realm represents. Next arc being some sort of Soul Society civil war,with one captains choosing the new ways and others the old(like Mayuri) would certainly be befitting.

SleepnDreamn said:
Fai said:

I liked that part too. Gonna re watch again few more times.

If Ginjo does die then maybe Ichigo would be able to absorb him as his inner hollow / visitor to his inner world. But yeah Ginjo will probably regenerate with his hollow powers like Ichigo did in fight with Ulquiorra.

Tsukishima might not be a human. You cant walk without heart man...

Mos tlikely Riruka controlling Rukia.

As for tsukishima. Yeh, the endchapter phrase by ginjou("you re like me) certainly might hint at tsuki being something more.
icegenie said:

Just to double confirm. The last page shows Ginjo as a substitute shinigami and young Tsuki right?

Yep.
Considering next chapter is the ENDYEAR chapter and endyear chapters almost ALWAYS have some HUGE revelations(Ichigo lost his powers in the previous endyear for example), I expect we will learn something more shocking about SS from that flashback.
Dec 14, 2011 10:33 AM

Jan 2008
Oh look. Ichigo won. Again. With a single sword stroke this time.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Dec 14, 2011 10:34 AM

Feb 2010
SleepnDreamn said:

Probably yes. Look into her eyes. It's so empty.

After 476 final slash Ginjo went to "hollow mode"? His eyes resembles Ichigo's when his mask was destroyed in ~50%.

btw. Rukia & Riruka in "matryoshka doll" was nice.

Fai said:
Mayuri and old style?

No way! He is scientist.
WannabitemeDec 14, 2011 10:43 AM
Dec 14, 2011 10:47 AM

Jul 2008
kisami said:
would i be wrong in saying that this manga is borderline sucking?

Opinion are what they are.
People can't force you to like something and your opinion can be as valid as anyone else.
The way we value opinion is through how we can actually defend it so as long as you manage to defend your stance without entering an endless circle of repeating the sames things all over again it should be alright.

Anyway i'm still laughting at some people.
Ginjou won't burst into hollow mode and don't even bother comming say that it's retarded he didn't in a few chapter when all will be resolved.
The manga is getting retarded for some people all because of their own lack of reading comprehension and misconception of things.

People expect things and when they don't happen they wonder why, say the manga does not makes sense when actually the thing they wanted to happen would have been what would have not make a single fuck of a sense.
Repeat that for a dozen of time and you get an angry hatter that spout nonsense like there's a lot of them on the forum.

People say that Fai is a bleach fanboy, no he isn't. Things haven't been going the way he made it clear he thought they would yet he isn't whining about it saying that this is retarded. Instead of being in denial and trying to move the rest of the story from the point he beleived he just came back and follow the way Kubo actually set, that's where most misconception comes from.

People interpret things differently than Kubo want them to, at first it does not conflict with the story so they beleive they are right but somewhere latter it does and the fault comes on Kubo? Wtf man, it's your fault for not having understood it correctly to begin with.
Dec 14, 2011 10:59 AM

Jul 2007
Wannabiteme said:

Fai said:
Mayuri and old style?

No way! He is scientist.

I do think if Mayuri was faced with choice he would not go with Ichigo.

Especially if Ichigo's changed SS would actually have Mayuri be accounted for his crimes, while OLD SS most likely encouraged his behavior in quincy massacre.

For Mayuri, the OLD SS is far better. He is THE ONE man to whom change is potentially life threatening.
Dec 14, 2011 11:01 AM

May 2010
Wtf? I was reading this chapter like, 1 minute? O.o
Little Tsukishima, cute :D
Dec 14, 2011 11:10 AM

Aug 2007
the panels were drawn, arranged and paced beautifully.
but expect 10 more chapters of flashback. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Dec 14, 2011 11:17 AM

Feb 2010
Maddo_scientisto said:

Anyway i'm still laughting at some people.
Ginjou won't burst into hollow mode and don't even bother comming say that it's retarded he didn't in a few chapter when all will be resolved.
The manga is getting retarded for some people all because of their own lack of reading comprehension and misconception of things.

Why? Fullbring is just another name for hollow powers. "hollow mode" - in double ' is something close to nature, more instinctively but more wildly/brutal. I can be retarded but I'm open-minded and I like thinking "what if".

Fai said:
Wannabiteme said:

Fai said:
Mayuri and old style?

No way! He is scientist.

I do think if Mayuri was faced with choice he would not go with Ichigo.

Especially if Ichigo's changed SS would actually have Mayuri be accounted for his crimes, while OLD SS most likely encouraged his behavior in quincy massacre.

For Mayuri, the OLD SS is far better. He is THE ONE man to whom change is potentially life threatening.

Well, Mayuri is smart one. If He could "betray" his actual/future comrades he will if he had some big price, like in Hueco mondo - experiments on hollows. He could for example fight with Ichigo to defeat Soul King and kill/restrain/do something that he can't move.
So I think that Mayuri is like outsider. He doesn't care to be in some group.
Well, better example is Genryuusai(old man).
WannabitemeDec 14, 2011 11:26 AM
Dec 14, 2011 11:51 AM

Nov 2007
It really was a short little chapter, but I did enjoy the way it was laid out.

Surprisingly rather good.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 14, 2011 12:03 PM

Oct 2007
I don't really get all the drama in the last few chapters. It seems incoherent.

I will go through that drama in short and try to make sense out of it:
So Ichigo goes mad and kicks Ginjou's ass, although he had no more reason to fight, well it still makes sense because he was mad about the past events.

Then Tsuki attacks Ichigo, it makes sense since he could get to control Ichigo with that strike. But instead of a mind changing strike he wants to perform a critical hit, probably because he is mad. So it somewhat still makes sense.

Ichigo was seen somewhat similar to a FB although they didnt completely accept him. But as you can see Riruka is ready to defend someone who is sort of the same kind of human as she is ...
Now all Fullbringers seem to be connected to Hollows and Shinigami powers, even if they are just Fullbringers. I mean any of those could be just as much of a Shinigami substitute like Ichigo and Ginjou.

So then Riruka states that they couldnt save Ginjou. Perhaps she means saving him from the captains? Since it's clear he was their target.

In what way did Ginjou save the Fullbringers? I am really not sure about that. Sado and Orihime are sort of fullbringers themselves and they werent hunted down by Soul Society or something ...
Did Riruka mean that Ginjou saved them from being alone? Hard to really understand this part, but i can pretend i do.

Ichigo saved Ginjou? Well that would mean Ichigo didn't kill Ginjou and for some reason the captains are ok with Ginjou's ass getting only kicked a bit.

And the reason i guess Ginjou saved the FBs from being alone is because of the next page's text. "Ichigo ..." <panels> "ARE YOU ALONE?"
Which sort of hints at all FBs having a hard life and Ichigo and FBs being exactly the same kind of beings.

I think the last page shows Tsuki hiding from a hollow that ate his parents ... and that that hollow encounter gave Tsuki his powers and that same goes for Ginjou and the rest(including all FBs + Chad + Orihime), including Ichigo.

I know i stated the obvious. But i still don't fully understand all this drama and i really need to read the next chapter to get what this is all about.

But now then WHY did the captains retreat? Is it just that they thought anything that is hollowfied is vile and evil and they needed a proof for the contrary to oppose the current rules?
JudgeRuthlessDec 14, 2011 12:07 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.