Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2011 9:01 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite enjoyed this. The two heroines, Natsume and Miyuki, seem very likable. I can't say I've seen a whole lot of shows where the leads are cops.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 11, 2012 10:02 PM

Feb 2010
This episode is my favorite of the batch. Character-wise, it is the most dynamic. It is also one of the best animated.

Girls, guns, action, and heart - that's what makes the show for me.
May 8, 2013 3:30 PM

Jan 2012
So far so good. The first episode was really good. Plot looks interesting and enjoyable.

Jul 26, 2014 7:55 AM

Mar 2014
Whoa! This was great!

The characters seem awesome (especially Natsumi), the animation is top notch (especially during that chase scene with the mini cooper), and I'm really really diggin' the classic police-drama style soundtrack.

Really excited to watch more of this.
::End of Transmission::

Oct 27, 2014 9:07 PM

Feb 2013
Animation was awesome. Easily rivals Riding Bean. Another instance of success for the Evangelion art director.

The dub, however, could be better for sure - but it's workable.
Nov 15, 2014 3:59 PM

Sep 2013
I was expecting this to be something silly and fun, but I didn't expect it to be this solid. I'm very interested in seeing how this all will develop.
Dec 19, 2019 12:33 PM

Nov 2017
Some nostalgia, some great animation, but the dialogue goes all over the place.
Feb 8, 2021 3:50 PM

Sep 2016
best episode ever made holy foooooooooooooooooooooooooook
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Jul 17, 2021 8:11 AM

Aug 2018
I have mixed feelings about this show so far. Police drama is not exactly my cup of tea but I figured I'd try something different for a change. I just cannot deny the production values are very high quality, at least from a technical standpoint...the animation is ridiculously good and the script seems well written.

If it were in live action it might not be remarkable enough to stand apart from the crowd of American buddy-cop movies from the 80s and 90s or a TV show like Magnum PI. I could just go and watch one of those but at 2x the speed for a similar experience.

epidemia78Jul 17, 2021 8:14 AM
Sep 10, 2022 2:36 AM

Dec 2021
Good first episode. The humor hit pretty well, and the characters seem pretty likable so far. Not sure if I'm sold enough to watch the TV series yet. Maybe I shouldn't have been secretly hoping for another anime like City Hunter. 4/5
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Feb 27, 2023 4:29 PM

Jun 2020
I'm with you on the animation - They certainly don't draw 'em like this anymore!

However:
BlokeTokes said:

The dub, however, could be better for sure - but it's workable.
I must respectfully disagree. In my opinion this is one of the best dubs period. Sure the recording quality is, er, "rustic" in parts but the dialogue is sharp and flows brilliantly, and the actors seem to actually act normally rather than sounding like they are, well, Americans voicing lines written by the Japanese for the Japanese. These VAs really brought the characters to life in their own way, enough that the Japanese director told the Japanese cast to use them for inspiration!

Amazing how a low budget dub by a fly by night company no one has ever heard of made one of the greatest English adaptations of an anime I have ever had the pleasure of watching. A real shame they went bust after less than 10 big titles while the likes of 4Kids and Sentai survived to give countless classic animes completely lifeless dubs.

The modern style of dubs may be more accurately translated, but aside from a few classics are merely dull-but-servicable in comparison. Done well the old, more liberal style of dubbing could actually lead to an adaptation being more enjoyable in its own right rather than merely an accessibility option for newbies until they learn to read subtitles. At the end of the day, if you want authenticity, there'll always be subs so I say let the translators have at it.

My only complaint is that I wish Joann Luzzatto could have returned for the TV show, I just feel like she nailed the character of Miyuki while Juliet Cesario's voice over-emphasised the "work mom" side of her character as opposed to the romantic flower of the office side.
BritishBlitz87Feb 27, 2023 4:47 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Feb 2, 3:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Trolled with fireworks xD But thanks to that their duo is formed, good start, I like the 90s vibes and the cars!

More topics from this board

Poll: » You're Under Arrest! Episode 4 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 30, 2011

6 by Ashhk »»
Feb 3, 4:23 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest! Episode 3 Discussion

KlonosHeart - Feb 1, 2014

9 by Ashhk »»
Feb 3, 3:46 PM

Poll: » You're Under Arrest! Episode 2 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Sep 11, 2012

11 by Ashhk »»
Feb 2, 4:28 PM

» Watching order

lkevsan - Sep 19, 2019

2 by JoCaTen »»
Feb 6, 2023 9:04 PM

» Can't find this.

solid-snake - Jun 6, 2008

6 by pacostuart »»
Oct 11, 2010 5:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.