Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2013 12:52 PM

Aug 2013
rays reaction was so lovely beating on charles' manly smelly chest... ever since she dropped the cake, her heart was breaking throughout the episode as her brief period of parenting was taken from her.

she'd have made a great mum to anyone
Jan 24, 2014 12:16 PM
Nov 2013
I might of chosen to stay on the ship with Charles and Ray
Feb 8, 2014 6:58 AM

Aug 2013
I got all teary when Ray tried to lie and say that they knew the whole time who he was.

I would of stayed on the ship if i was him, but meh.

Charles & Ray > Holland
My Candies:
Mar 26, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2013
I love Charles and Ray T_T
I respect them so much for their way of handling things
Jul 1, 2014 9:27 AM

Nov 2013
Damn... been a while since I actually got a bit teary-eyed from an anime. Well this will probably end up being one of my favourite animes with how it's been going.
Jul 19, 2014 1:29 AM

Aug 2013
I can't hold back my tears.. I love them so much.
They really love and care for Renton like their own son.
Amazing how a couple of short episodes can build such strong bonds.
I bet many felt like he should've called them papa and mama before the jump like I do.
They are the best parents alive. </3
Jul 21, 2014 4:26 AM

Aug 2013
Seeing Ray cry like that was so heart-wrenching. They really did love Renton. Ffs now that we like them so much, the death flag has been raised.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 19, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2012
I seriously would've stayed on that ship, for the short time he was there it was a way more pleasant experience than on gekkostate... that said I do wonder what the history is with them and his dead father/Holland.

Let's see what's next though!
Dec 7, 2014 12:35 PM

Aug 2013
Man, Charles and Ray Beams were one bunch of cool fuckers. They were so sweet :')
May they survive this bloody mess T_T

I think that the major highlight of this episode was Eureka imitating Renton behavior. She looked like a child who had lost a loving one, looking for him everywhere. That was really depressing and dangerously cute at the same time.

Holland finally overcame his jealousy (over a damn kid, come on...) and got into action. But how the fuck can he find him? I feel more like its Renton who will find them.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 12, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2014
Them feels ;; Renton parent was fuckking cool. Something bad is gonna happen to them, hope I'm wrong. Renton and Eureka should run away together.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Dec 23, 2014 7:47 PM

May 2013
I would've stayed with Charles and Ray. I thought they were phony in the previous episodes but it seems that they really wanted Rent on as their son.
Jun 30, 2015 12:33 PM
Apr 2014
I think it's appropriate that he didn't call them mama and papa at the end. After all he was abandoning them, and both the parties tried to put a barrier to protect each other's feelings: Renton by being overly polite, and Ray by pretending she was using him the whole time. I guess they both failed miserably XD
Aug 11, 2015 8:22 AM

Jun 2015
so much feels ;-;

I agree that Renton should have stayed with Charles and Ray, they are just a family y'know *cries*
Nov 6, 2015 4:41 PM
Nov 2011
I'm going to disagree.

I think Ray did know he was with Gekko. (they mentioned it in an earlier episode... the color of the wheel on his board), however, they didn't know he was a Thursten. They know the hardship that family has been through obviously, and felt sorry that now they basically can do nothing to protect the boy they've grown attached to.
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Aug 5, 2016 9:41 PM

Jun 2016
Welp, back to the basketcases on the Gekko, this show has taken a turn for the worse -_-
Aug 27, 2016 10:10 PM
Nov 2014
Just wanna say that this episode made me sad ToT. I have mixed feelings with Renton's decision. Mostly because Ray and Charles are so nice people, and they really care about Renton ; ;, but the guys on the Gekko State are pretty nice too (except for Holland, he's a twat).

The series keeps getting more and more good and interesting.
Sep 30, 2016 2:49 AM

Sep 2014
Wow dem feelings.
Charles and Ray really cared about him. I hope they can meet again.
Winning move from Renton would be to come back, maybe tell them about the attack (because not everyone is a bitch on gekko go) abduct eureka and the nirvash and come back to them ;D
Happy end.

At first I thought they would be a twisted connection between Charles and Rentons father, so thatswhy Ray was sad. But seeing she really cared about him crushed my heart.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 27, 2017 4:19 AM

Jul 2008
Damn it I wish he had stayed with Ray Charles but....damn.

And Holland jealous of a 12 year old because he's a....pedophile? Yeah you're right Holland you are pathetic.
Sep 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Nov 2014
Awwww lovesick Eureka is heartbreaking

Sucks that Renton has to leave parents of the er whatever year this is set in.

Maybe Ray and Charles could defect to the Gekkostate I mean they are mercs they don't have any real loyalty to the military so Holland and co would only have to make a higher offer.
Oct 12, 2017 8:06 PM
Mar 2017
Charles and Ray want, and they worried about Renton even knowing who it was..
:///
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Oct 16, 2017 1:43 PM

Jul 2013
Awww, Renton with his faux family was sweet, until Charles and him exchanged their secrets which changed everything.

I don't even get, was Holland always supposed to have a thing for Eureka? I never got that until they said about it, he's jealous and I'm like "huh?" lol.
Nov 4, 2017 5:17 AM
Mar 2014
noooo...just...nooo T____T
Jul 21, 2019 8:37 PM

Apr 2019
Ok, Charles and Ray are good people. I don't wanna see them dying or a Gekkostate member dying because of them, I'm feeling that Matthieu is going to suffer this destiny... Renton should have called them Papa and Mama when leaving tho. Also, nice parallels between the ending of this episode and the last one. Charles and Ray cared enough to see Renton get off the ship too, contrary to the Gekkostate members. I wonder what is the relationship between Holland and Charles, I hope that Holland gets dunked on tbh.
Dec 12, 2019 1:06 PM

Nov 2016
Yep, that was bound to happen. Tough for Renton, but also for Charles and Ray.

And wow, this series has gotten hella emotional, but I approve. Really digged the last couple of episodes.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 9, 2020 4:45 PM

Mar 2018
Charles and Ray are so nice and the show has been really good since Renton met them. Too bad he had to leave.
Nov 27, 2020 12:20 PM

Nov 2019
-Paradise Lost-
Indeed paradise is lost, honestly if Eureka wasn't on the Geko i would have stayed with Ray and Charles because they really are great mama and papa :) freaking love em

Oh Eureka, i just wanna tell you it's daijobu, Renton will come back actually he better come back. Uh i totally felt like crying.Wearing his tracksuit, making that ramen she once made for him (watching it go cold.............and left uneaten)

freaking A the soundtrack has been really standing out these past couple of episodes, it's great
Dec 23, 2020 3:26 AM

Jul 2017
That was really good. The first episode out of 24 that have really impressed me in the rewatch so far. Ray and Charles are too damn good for a show like this, painful for them to see Renton leave them like that since they genuinely felt like he was a son to them but he had to in the end. The three of them had a great time together before reality was exposed, but Ray and Charles still loved Renton despite knowing that he previously was affiliated with the Gekkostate and was a Thurston too. Also Holland finally taking responsibility of his ownself after so long was way overdue but its better to be late than never, and Eureka's really losing it again after Renton left and she's feeling lonely without him. Love is real. No real complaints for once for this episode except that I feel like if I was Renton, I would stay with Ray and Charles or just do another thing in life rather than return to Gekkostate but we all know how its going to turn out to be.
Jan 27, 2021 11:48 AM

May 2017
Man I really hate how stupid this MC is. Giving up a chance at a much, MUCH better life for some girl that, as far as he knows, does not feel the same way towards him as he does her. It's infuriating.

hopefully we get past this storyline and the show gets better.
Oct 12, 2021 2:21 AM

Mar 2016
The title "Lost Paradise" suits this ep perfectly.

The life Renton had with Charles and Ray was quite literally a paradise for him. A great manly father that Renton can look up to unlike the lame-ass immature Holland, and a mature woman that cooks and treats Renton as mothers would. They're not just acting as parents, in my book, Charles and Ray ARE Renton's foster parents. Even after he caused them difficulties in the last ep, even now when Renton found out the truth about the couples after he told them about the Nirvash and Gekko. They still treat him with kindness and compassion never seen or felt in the Gekko before. Can you imagine it? They'd even let Renton choose the path he wants to take in his life. Become their son, become a member of Gekkostate, or wander aimlessly amongst the crowds away from these two parties. It's a shame that Renton chose Gekko, particularly he chose his romantic love of Eureka over the maternal love Charles and Ray gave to him, it's not a wrong decision by any means but it's still painfully nevertheless... After all, who else has ever treated Renton this nicely besides his sister?

On the Gekko we see the crew now not only wanting Renton to return but needed him to return, particularly Eureka, she took the heaviest blow in this whole endeavour. She's so infatuated with Renton that she began doing his tasks and wore his outfit. I swear Renton and Eureka has to make it up and explain their sides to one another if they ever wish for their relationship to not be so much in disarray. However YET AGAIN, it leads to Holland. This loser finally decided that he's too pathetic without Renton so at last, he is now finally trying to get him back.

About the ep itself, the various OSTs played in this ep was really mesmerizing, it's their job to let the audience be engaged to the sombre emotional atmosphere of this epa dn they did it excellently. Fantastic OSTs.
Dec 1, 2021 11:59 PM
Mar 2020
aero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
If it was me, I might of chosen to stay on the ship with Charles and Ray :P

Yeah i also think so
Sep 24, 2022 4:17 AM

Mar 2013
That was just lovely.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Aug 31, 2023 6:05 AM
Jul 2019
this was the saddest and best episode. love the part when ray and charles ask renton to call them mama and papa. the sad part is in the same episode they have to leave each other and ray's crying got me :/
Dec 19, 2023 6:16 PM
Jul 2022
Ray and Charles are based and I would’ve easily stayed with them. Gekko State finally learning to appreciate Renton.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.