Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »
Aug 3, 2012 10:22 PM

Apr 2012
Todd_Jensen said:
It's interesting to say the least. But it's also very slow moving, and to be honest, boring to an extent. Too much talking and explaining.

It does have its own unique elements that it brings to the generic plot. For instance, bringing warriors from different parts of time to fight one another. That's pretty good. But the generic part is the whole "a race/battle/war to get a holy object to grant a wish".

None of the characters really "jump" out at me yet. Saber is by far the most interesting, but that's because she's the MC. I think there will be more development as it goes on. However, it's already episode 4 and only a select few have actually gotten some decent exposure. Once again, this is moving a little too slow.

Right now I'd give it a 6.5 to 7/10.

Man are you going to be surprised later on.
And lol @ Saber being the most interesting...you'll eat those words when
BloodRequiemAug 3, 2012 10:25 PM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 8, 2012 3:41 PM

Mar 2012
Pretty, but boring fight.
Animation: Good
Coreography: Meh
Mind-f**ks: Meh

And we get it, you're both honored. No need to say it 4 times..per person.

"Oh i'm going all out"
3 minutes later
"okay now i'll fight with all my power"

3/5
End Zionazism
Aug 22, 2012 7:32 AM

Aug 2012
Mikasa said:

"Oh i'm going all out"
3 minutes later

3/5

I liked it. If you prefere mindless pointless fights you have gurren lagann for that :D no offense.

They have excellent personalities. I like how they managed the character development here. And the visuals are stunning. I can't bash them for taking some episodes before it moves on, as this allowed to emphasize the characters. Mindless boring characters I hate that, but here it's very well done, I can sympathize with any character.

5/5

Aug 22, 2012 7:39 AM

Aug 2009
Hyunckel said:
Mikasa said:

"Oh i'm going all out"
3 minutes later

3/5

I liked it. If you prefere mindless pointless fights you have gurren lagann for that :D no offense.

They have excellent personalities. I like how they managed the character development here. And the visuals are stunning. I can't bash them for taking some episodes before it moves on, as this allowed to emphasize the characters. Mindless boring characters I hate that, but here it's very well done, I can sympathize with any character.

5/5

Not ALL of them.Thank god there isnt anything to sympathize with Caster Team,Tokiomi or Zouken.They deserve slow painful deaths.
Aug 23, 2012 6:36 AM

Aug 2012
ssjokg said:
Hyunckel said:
Mikasa said:

"Oh i'm going all out"
3 minutes later

3/5

5/5

Not ALL of them.Thank god there isnt anything to sympathize with Caster Team,Tokiomi or Zouken.They deserve slow painful deaths.

Well they are pretty funny to observe (caster team), Tohsaka, Tokiomi is pretty interesting to watch too, and Zouken is just plain evil. Each character has a role to play and does it well.

Aug 23, 2012 7:04 AM

Aug 2009
Hyunckel said:
ssjokg said:
Hyunckel said:
Mikasa said:

"Oh i'm going all out"
3 minutes later

3/5

5/5

Well they are pretty funny to observe (caster team), Tohsaka, Tokiomi is pretty interesting to watch too, and Zouken is just plain evil. Each character has a role to play and does it well.

I agree.Caster Team,Zouken and Tokiomi perfectly fill their role.To be hated by the viewers.

As for who is the most interesting of them.
Caster team:take out their views on despair and religion and they have nothing.Truth be told,even though they are participants in the war their only role is to be
Tokiomi: Makes Emiya Shirou's plans in FSN seem successful.And Kayneth and even Sola are more interesting.
Zouken:The only one who is both successful and has a real role even if he isnt shown.
Sep 11, 2012 12:23 PM

Sep 2011
The battle sequence was beautifully done, I was very impressed!
Sep 12, 2012 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
A fight for the whole episode. This was stunning, great animation and epic dialogues between Saber and Lancer.
5/5 without doubts.
Sep 12, 2012 12:41 PM
Jul 2018
That was nice entrance xD
Sep 12, 2012 1:10 PM

Oct 2010
Kreso15 said:
That was nice entrance xD

Haha, it's awesome indeed.
Sep 13, 2012 7:52 PM

Nov 2011
What a awesome battle! ^^

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 13, 2012 10:58 PM

Mar 2009
Lancer's more powerful than I expected.
Sep 28, 2012 9:05 AM

Feb 2011
Epic fight , needs to be put in an AMV xD
Oct 1, 2012 10:07 AM
Jan 2012
The battle was truly awesome.

And Lancer is amazing.
Oct 14, 2012 8:57 PM

Jan 2008
The fight was awesome! Next episode should be equally entertaining. XD
Oct 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Jul 2012
Lancer is a beast with those moves especially with his other lance in the ground damn perfectly executed move
Nov 19, 2012 10:25 AM

Jul 2012
WOW. An amazing fight, Just epic animation and the music is awesome as well :3 5/5
Dec 20, 2012 7:22 PM

Nov 2009
Hahaha Rider is a boss ... I don't really think the fighting scenes in this series were that great so far though ... In terms of sword fighting their are some scenes from Rurouni Kenshin that has this beat and in terms of just fight scenes personally like Darker than Black a bit more but ... Definitely is a better series than what I was expecting.
Jan 23, 2013 11:19 PM

Feb 2012
The animations are AMAZING!

And man, that entrance by Iskander! :O
Jan 29, 2013 12:25 AM
Aug 2011
Iskander is my favorite so far.
Mar 3, 2013 6:11 AM

Jan 2012
Epic battle. That Lancer is stronger than I expected.

Mar 7, 2013 5:18 AM

Aug 2009
ownosourus said:
Epic battle. That Lancer is stronger than I expected.
Nope, it is just that Saber isnt as strong as they make her out to be.
Mar 26, 2013 2:49 PM

May 2012
Wow.. superb quality and the fighting scenes are awesome. But the most awesome of all is Rider! Haha. And his master is still too funny!
May 7, 2013 11:47 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, spectacular animation! Much better animated than the fights in Fate/Stay Night, though the talking is really getting me down. I feel like exposition really doesn't translate well from books to anime and most of the exposition is given inelegantly through dialogue. It's called an adapation for a reason; you have to find very efficient ways to reveal exposition rather than just dialogue which often ruins the pacing.

I really wish Gen Urobuchi would have actually written this series rather than just the book T_T

Still, great animation, I'm just hoping the rest picks up as things move along.
Jun 11, 2013 5:30 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode. A lot of action. Lancers ability's are impressive. Make way for the king.
Always-HungryJun 11, 2013 5:35 AM
Jun 11, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2012
damn the fighting scene is really cool.. btw poor siber cant heal the wound that cause by lancer :3

iskandar is a strange guy lol XD but he is funny.. :3
Jun 11, 2013 6:59 AM

Nov 2012
Always-Hungry said:
Great episode. A lot of action. Lancers ability's are impressive. Make way for the king.

the lance you know??? so fahking coolll :3
Jun 28, 2013 4:21 PM

Feb 2013
Rider is a fucking boss. He just straight up charged into the battle and also revealing his name. xD

Great battle between Saber and Lancer. I liked how both of them have mutual respect for each other.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 17, 2013 6:31 PM

May 2013
Fight between Saber and Lancer was great in my opinion, and now we get to see Rider in action.
Jul 24, 2013 9:44 PM

Jan 2013
Amazing episode.
Great animation.
Aug 4, 2013 12:27 AM

Apr 2013
Saber vs Lancer battle is intense. Also very smart writing for this episode.

Rider still being a riot... xD

5/5

Aug 28, 2013 1:56 PM
Aug 2013
The fight between Lancer and Saber was great. Can't wait to see how Rider fights :)
Oct 1, 2013 12:24 AM

Apr 2013
The animation gave me a nerdgasm.
Powerful eyebrows.
Oct 7, 2013 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
The fight was okay. I didn't expect that they will find out Saber's identity so fast :/

Lancer's true identity was a let down after pretty much all the others being epic people of the past. Not even near as known as the others :(

Lol at Rider not giving a single fuck about everyone finding out his identity. He is just awesome :D

Btw, what the fuck is Kiritsugu waiting for, shoot Lancer's master already. I mean I'm sure he wouldn't die or protect himself somehow, but why not try before your servant gets fucked up, even if he wants to test her.
Oct 7, 2013 8:49 PM

Aug 2009
RazielZero said:
The fight was okay. I didn't expect that they will find out Saber's identity so fast :/

Lancer's true identity was a let down after pretty much all the others being epic people of the past. Not even near as known as the others :(

Lol at Rider not giving a single fuck about everyone finding out his identity. He is just awesome :D

Btw, what the fuck is Kiritsugu waiting for, shoot Lancer's master already. I mean I'm sure he wouldn't die or protect himself somehow, but why not try before your servant gets fucked up, even if he wants to test her.

He knows that other are watching too.Not a great idea to reveal himself.
Oct 8, 2013 4:27 AM

Sep 2011
ssjokg said:
He knows that other are watching too.Not a great idea to reveal himself.

Makes sense, but I also can't believe that no one noticed him sitting up there, so I think it would also make sense to give it a try and possibly take out the one of his six opponents. But yeah, I know, that would kind of reveal his strategy :/
Nov 20, 2013 1:14 AM

Dec 2012
I like the Lancer + Archibald combination. It shows that not all the servant-master pairings will be good/good or bad/bad. Sad for Lancer though :^(
Dec 8, 2013 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
Awesome fight thank god i waiting to watch this after it was done airing so i didnt have to wait bc i want to know what happens next without having to wait sorry people but that is why i do try to wait if i have alots of stuff i am waiting to take my mind off whats going to happen next then i dont mind watching airing anime i am watching quite a number of airing anime this season though so I do know what everyone is going through though so dont think i dont plz but this is one i did want to wait one however I didnt know about it for the first like 3 weeks it was airing bc I wasnt paying attention n then i was like well it looks like i am waiting for it to finish airing before i even think about watching it though.
Dec 9, 2013 3:40 AM
Nov 2013
Wow. Almost that entire episode was one big fight scene (although it was half talking i suppose) but it was really enjoyable.

This series looks like it's going to turn out great.
Feb 3, 2014 8:17 AM

May 2013
Awesome episode, surprised Saber is struggling against Lancer.
Rider came in like a badass.
Feb 17, 2014 3:22 PM

Jan 2014
Liked it when Rider just appeared close to the end!
Take an advil.

Mar 10, 2014 8:26 AM

Nov 2012
WOW!
the directing in the anime, is just .... i cant even!

the fight was really good, not just in a directing way, it was a good strategic fight.

4/5
Mar 17, 2014 11:30 PM

Aug 2012
That chariot, that entrance and that introduction. Rider was majestic as fuck

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Apr 15, 2014 7:56 AM

May 2013
Wow nice animation. i thought saber would be stronger
May 6, 2014 1:48 AM

Jan 2009
Enjoyed the fight between saber & lancer, but they sure do talk a lot.

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 20, 2014 5:13 PM
Jun 2013
Fun and purty battle between lancer and saber.Man rider is sure full of energy but what a dumb move to say who you are out loud.
souledge94May 20, 2014 5:35 PM
Jun 6, 2014 9:27 PM

Jan 2012
Lancer is too good looking and Saber is woman power!! but my favourite is kind of Rider

King of Conquerors, doesn't get better than that
Jun 23, 2014 11:02 PM

Apr 2014
Rider/Iskander = BESTEST SERVANT

Moe Muscles.
Jul 18, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2009
guidodi said:
RazielZero said:

Makes sense, but I also can't believe that no one noticed him sitting up there, so I think it would also make sense to give it a try and possibly take out the one of his six opponents. But yeah, I know, that would kind of reveal his strategy :/

By reveal you mean his snipping position, his identity or what exactly? The masters who prepared in advance already knew from the beginning he was involved, and that he either is the master or is helping Saber's master, and even if he revealed himself it is better than Saber dying. Even after she is wounded and saved from Berserker by Lancer he doesn't act until they team up to kill her.
Between killing a powerful enemy and everyone seeing you and letting your servant get killed or wounded and remain hidden, I don't see how anyone can chose the second. I agree with RazielZero it doesn't make any sense.

You DO realize that if he reveals his position and tries to kill an enemy Master while there are 5(before Gil leaves) enemy Servants and 3 enemy Masters he has nothing to protect himself right?
Pretty good plan.
Jul 20, 2014 12:55 AM

Sep 2013
Kiritsugu hasn't automatically lost if Saber dies. She's nothing but a tool to him. Kiritsugu acted because the whole war is over if Irisviel dies. Protecting her is his first priority, killing the Masters the second. Him dying is also out of question. You make it sound as if Saber can protect him from Assassin in time when she doesn't even know her Master is actually there. The distance is also important and it would leave Irisviel open, even if he uses a Command Spell.

Kiritsugu already predicted someone else was gonna observe the battle - he deliberately avoided the crane - because that is the natural way to approach the Holy Grail War. What he couldn't predict was that it was Assassin, a Servant he thought dead, and not another Master. If Kiritsugu takes out Kayneth, Lancer doesn't automatically disappear. He will probably keep Saber occupied and in that time Assassin can quickly finish Kiritsugu off.

It was the right decision to not act when he saw Assassin because it's the safer approach. He was forced to act when Saber was no longer able to protect Irisviel and took the risk of getting attacked by Assassin.
Pages (8) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Apr 26

12 by AustinJamB »»
Yesterday, 1:44 PM

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

Poll: » Fate/zero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Oct 1, 2011

698 by damnit_tomioka »»
Mar 9, 1:25 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.