Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 28, 2008 9:54 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was some nice screaming, Aya-sama.

Good episode, provided the background info that was needed. But it looks like we're once again left speculating whether 20 Faces died or not. I hope that real thing is going to start now, with Chiko as the main protagonist. Looking forward to it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 28, 2008 12:52 PM

Jan 2007
I must say that that short battle between 20 Faces and that puppet chick was quite awesome.
Jul 28, 2008 1:07 PM
Dec 2007
Interesting background but there are still too much mysteries in this show ;) And I don't really like the direction it's taking right now, I believe it could have been far better than just some old school adventure anime.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 28, 2008 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Jacut said:
And I don't really like the direction it's taking right now, I believe it could have been far better than just some old school adventure anime.

Yeah I dunno if I really like where this series is starting to go. 20 faces appears, and then just disappears again. So what's Chiko and Ken do now, just look for him again?

Jul 28, 2008 2:58 PM

Aug 2007
....I had expected more...
The way it ended was terrible...he disappears yet again but this time, he tells Chiko why he disappears, just means that Chiko will most likely follow him..It keeps on repeating...

The fight ended really dumb as well...so all he had to do was say "I'll stay with you" and it would have been over? Wow...that was a really lame ending..

Really...I had expected more...I liked the first few episodes a lot more..
Jul 28, 2008 3:07 PM

Feb 2008
AntiDentite said:
It really says something about a woman when a man would rather walk into an inferno than be with you.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I also noticed Twenty Faces seems to be invulnerable... he should have been killed at least 5 times now, I think.
What else is missing from the puzzle now that the necklace mystery has been solved?
Jul 28, 2008 4:08 PM

Feb 2008
gah, im not the only one whos noticed how this show is starting to head down the suckage road. they need to pick it up again, it seems to lack the excitement it started with.
Jul 28, 2008 10:38 PM

May 2007
Junk made special appearance in Nijuu Mensou no Musume.

Jul 28, 2008 11:00 PM

Mar 2008
Well that's the end of that little bit, wonder what'll happend next... XD
Jul 29, 2008 12:23 AM

Apr 2008
Neh, I'm a bit surprised at the complaints. I liked this episode significantly more than the last couple. Twenty Faces left again, but really, thank God. If he had stayed, the show wouldn't have gone -anywhere-, and before he left, he gave it more direction than the rather shapeless thing it's been since after the train shooting, what with mentioning he has some -reason- for disappearing instead of doing it just for kicks.

We finally received some closure to our white-haired friend, too. Learned her story, learned a good deal about Twenty Faces way back when, and took her out of the picture. Putting Chiko in a damsel in distress position, and then having her completely defy the position, was rather nice, too - fitting with Chiko. And finally no one, -no one- can keep saying "Akechi was Twenty Faces, I knew it!" because they slammed that down beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was tired of hearing that.

All in all, this... was a good episode. :| Gave the show actual direction again, answered a good deal more questions than it gave this time around, everything moved at a decent space (cutting up the flashbacks and scattering them was an especially nice move, rather than throwing them all at once)... I just can't understand "Oh it's getting worse" when this is probably the best it's been since the train (with the exception of White Hair Island which I loved <3).
NorthHawkJul 29, 2008 12:42 AM
Jul 29, 2008 12:56 AM

Aug 2007
Is he dead for real this time?
Jul 29, 2008 2:26 AM

Apr 2008
Karura said:

No, he's pretty much definitely still alive by this point. He's got things to do, as he said.
Jul 29, 2008 10:50 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I'm wondering if he doesn't have some sort of modified body as well. Look at everyone from his past -- they're all about experiments to do with turning humans into, well, superhumans. How else could he have survived so many things?

Poor Ken :( I just feel awful for him. He needs someone to want to be with him and only him, too :( What do you say? Could we possibly, possibly get a love interest between him and Chiko? I can only pray xD

I just marathoned the last 13 episodes, so I'm still really enjoying it. Perhaps I would feel different if I watched it on a week-to-week basis, but I love stories like this :)
Jul 29, 2008 12:15 PM

Nov 2007
i enjoyed this episode. this arc was good to find out what 20 faces was a little about. now i want to see the direction that chiko takes. if it the anime continues to have a try to find 20 faces, i would be a lil disappointed. it is time for chiko to take charge moreso.
Jul 29, 2008 12:51 PM

Dec 2007
Interesting.. so 20 faces disappears once again. There seems to be something he's hiding. I hope Chiko will catch up with him in time so that we'll find out what's really going on.
Jul 29, 2008 2:49 PM

Nov 2007
Kineta said:
I'm wondering if he doesn't have some sort of modified body as well. Look at everyone from his past -- they're all about experiments to do with turning humans into, well, superhumans. How else could he have survived so many things?

His suit too. It gets cleaned and mended while he's on the boat with Ken, I presume, since it looked ok in the following scenes >>;

Anyway, this episode was much better than the previous ones, let's hope it can keep it up.
Jul 29, 2008 10:17 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:

Poor Ken :( I just feel awful for him. He needs someone to want to be with him and only him, too :( What do you say? Could we possibly, possibly get a love interest between him and Chiko? I can only pray xD

I just marathoned the last 13 episodes, so I'm still really enjoying it. Perhaps I would feel different if I watched it on a week-to-week basis, but I love stories like this :)

ya I agree, you can even tell by looking at his eyes that theres something weird about him. I wouldn't be surprised if his group was studding how to make a human immortal or something and he decided to be the experiment.
Jul 30, 2008 10:05 AM

Jun 2007
soooo, who said akechi was 20 faces again?
Jul 31, 2008 6:49 AM

Nov 2007
lol so the white haired girl left the stage with the audience not even knowing her name o.o
Aug 2, 2008 5:02 AM
Oct 2007
Aha!

So the same thing happens again, except he sure aint dead this time. If he was plunged into the nuclear core of the sun, I get the feeling he'd still manage to survive and turn up again.
Aug 2, 2008 7:10 AM

Aug 2007
Most likely that he's still alive. He doesn't die that quickly. You didn't even saw him actually in the water, there was just the thing by dead puppet woman ''Oh, you're here''. Doesn't mean that he's actually dead. Chiko is probably the one who achieved the most with her abilities, as NM might not be actually completely human. NM already is pretty cool, he looks even cooler when he was younger =)

Lol, how will Chiko and Ken get off that zappelin? Perhaps it's Akechi appearing with a boat or so. Wouldn't surprise me. Oh, wondering when they'll put the focus again on black haired woman and robodude with same idea as FMA again.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 6, 2008 7:21 PM

Oct 2006
Is it me or is this becoming a freakshow more than anything? lol
First the hulk, then this.. disturbing puppet.. realism's for slowpokes, huh? More like the opposite, sadly.
Aug 8, 2008 4:45 AM

Apr 2007
NorthHawk said:
Karura said:

No, he's pretty much definitely still alive by this point. He's got things to do, as he said.

If that's the case, then white hair puppet master is still alive aswell.

But when he said his still got business to do in the 'darkness' I presume that meant to atone for his sins, in death. And so Chiko could not be with him, but in death he could be with white hair.

ANYWAYS, it was a pretty good episode, but I didn't quite like the abrupt ending. The little fight scene between white hair and Nijuu Mensou was awesome, too bad it wasn't longer.

And besides, i'm interested in where the show will go once again, hopefully towards something better.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2008 12:54 PM

Jan 2008
I was just left wondering about the ending, when the white haired woman said "I'm alone again" and then she heard steps and turned around, smiled and said "Oh, there you are".

I wonder who she was talking to.
Aug 11, 2008 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
YumiKirei said:
I was just left wondering about the ending, when the white haired woman said "I'm alone again" and then she heard steps and turned around, smiled and said "Oh, there you are".

I wonder who she was talking to.

Most likely Twenty Faces, which makes it ever so confusing on whether or not he is alive of dead.
May 19, 2009 2:26 PM

Feb 2009
Chiko must have some hidden talent I don't think its possible for someone to get as good as she did in such period of time.
And for Nijuu Mensou stay dead this time. :P
MaxCrazy7May 19, 2009 2:36 PM
Aug 3, 2010 6:35 PM

Dec 2007
So he was stabbed 2 times and shot, then jumps out of an aircraft with no parachute but is obviously going to be fine...

AikoD said:
Kineta said:

His suit too. It gets cleaned and mended while he's on the boat with Ken, I presume, since it looked ok in the following scenes >>;

I was was noticing his suit too lol. Most likely an anime thing.
Jun 12, 2014 9:00 AM

Aug 2013
Ahh I was right about the jilted girlfriend angle -___-
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Mar 11, 2016 8:40 PM

May 2010
All this supernatural stuff doesn't go well with the genre of the show.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 4, 2016 3:03 AM

Sep 2014
I think this would have been far better if the whole show was about 20 Face's group doing missions and Chiko learning stuff. Right now, this is so very frustrating to watch...

Confucius said:
All this supernatural stuff doesn't go well with the genre of the show.

ikr? And they even try to make that supernatural stuff look like sci-fi. This is bollocks.
Jul 1, 2020 8:02 PM
Dec 2019
There's definitely more than a few rough edges to this show, and the direction it's going for its hard to pin down.

For one, it feels contrived for dramatic purposes to have Twenty Faces be so blunt about everything. If he wanted to go do stuff on his own, he could've just told Chiko that he'll be back before sinking into the flames aboard the train. If he had just been gentler with his words to his girlfriend she wouldn't have done the things she did. Maybe he's just one of those super blunt people but at the same time she's shown smooth-talking his girlfriend.

I also agree that the supernatural things are out of place and the show would've benefited from excluding them. Chiko's feats are already suspending belief anyway.

As for complaints about this show's direction away from the initial action-adventure stuff, I suppose they could've continued that while fleshing out each of the crew members. It may have made for a more even show, but it's also a much more boring direction.

The tragedy turns into something Chiko is has to overcome and the loss of her family makes her more independent, giving more variation to her journey. She also develops more agency that way, as she now has to find out what she wants to do.

Having said that, I'm not sure what this 13 year old girl is going to do when the show is talking about post-war themes now. Maybe if she grew up, then she can take an active role in the story without it being contrived. There were some instances where her involvement as a kid felt contrived, like when her uncle drove her to watch the detective accept an assignment.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 20 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 24, 2008

25 by todd2580 »»
Mar 11, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 22 Discussion

ballistique - Feb 17, 2009

36 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 7:02 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Sep 4, 2008

23 by Recynon »»
Jul 2, 2020 12:01 AM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 2 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Apr 23, 2008

30 by Recynon »»
Jul 1, 2020 6:59 PM

Poll: » Nijuu Mensou no Musume Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

gioss - May 19, 2008

84 by MondayBlues »»
Mar 8, 2017 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.