Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 25, 2008 5:54 PM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Darn it, the cruel world of Code Geass!!! How could things end up the way they did between Euphie and Lulu.. :(
Aug 19, 2008 7:06 PM

Jun 2007
Is it just me or did that plate read "The Holly Empire of Britannia"? There's a slight difference between 'Holly' and 'Holy'!
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Sep 13, 2008 2:57 PM

Mar 2008
I agree with you. How can such innocence and kindness be turned into such violence in the end ? :(
Jul 21, 2009 11:30 PM

Jan 2009
Sad to see Euphie and Lulu as kids knowing what tragedy happens...

Mar 10, 2011 4:33 PM

Nov 2008
If things had been different...I'm sure Lulu and Euphy would of made such a great couple!
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jun 4, 2011 10:09 PM

Feb 2010
...wow. Heartbreaking. Euphy's fate/downfall is one of the most depressing/touching things in anime history. And to see her childhood makes it that much worse...

I love this show.
Aug 15, 2011 11:40 PM

Sep 2009
It's funny how something can be depressing and cute at the same time. ;v;
Apr 2, 2012 10:19 AM

Feb 2012
So I guess sometime before 2017 the Holly Empire of Britannia became the Holy Empire of Britannia?
Jan 14, 2013 10:58 AM

Dec 2009
Euphie <3 ;_ ;
Dec 31, 2013 6:43 PM

May 2013
:)
Jan 13, 2014 4:58 PM
Jul 2012
Another ehh episode.
Mar 26, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
Aww the saddest part of the anime ;-;.
May 26, 2014 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
Cute little Euphy :(
Sep 12, 2014 6:14 AM

Oct 2013
Only 1 left.

Feb 7, 2015 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
Gah! How cruel was that...
Oct 6, 2015 3:15 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
SADDEST EPISODE EVER!!! I liked how it went for nostalgic and innocent to something grim.... =( Bad memories.

Did Lelouch and Euphy have a thing back then?
Mar 13, 2016 11:01 AM

Aug 2014
If only things didn't turn out the way it did...
Mar 13, 2016 7:18 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Knowing what Euphy's fate is, this was sad ;_;

3/5
Apr 12, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2012
lol at Nunnally's disappointed face.
Lelouch treats Euphy better because she's his first love.
So that's when the broadcast stopped.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 16, 2018 4:10 AM

Sep 2017
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plate broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.

BTW, what was Nunnally talking about Lulu? Why are you nice to Euphy?

But this episode as a whole is sad. Cause we know what happens later and it is all due to Lelouch.

PS: That nice pic of Euphy and Cornelia.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 4, 2018 2:09 PM

Jun 2009
JeremiahOrange said:
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plat broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.

The way they talked about that plate made me think that Marianne has already been dead and this is right before they were sent to Japan. This is why Lelouch says that they aren't allowed to keep any memorabilia...
AlexTruskOct 4, 2018 2:12 PM

Never saw no miracle of science, that didn't go from a blessing to a curse
Never saw no military solution, that didn't end up as something worse
Oct 4, 2018 4:36 PM

Sep 2017
AlexTrusk said:
JeremiahOrange said:
Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it possible that Marianne died at the same day or soon after the plat broke? Since it was the last time that Nunnally met with Euphy.

The way they talked about that plate made me think that Marianne has already been dead and this is right before they were sent to Japan. This is why Lelouch says that they aren't allowed to keep any memorabilia...

Probably not. Nunnally isn't blind in this one and it has been already established that Nunnally became blind and handicapped after the death of Marianne. So, no.

I think Lelouch said they weren't allowed to keep memoribilia because maybe they have a reputation to hold as Brittanian royalty. Either that or maybe he was trying to keep Euphy happy.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Oct 7, 2018 4:18 PM

Feb 2014
Oh lawl, it happened right before the events of episode 22, the mofos writing this when there.
Mar 13, 2019 10:22 AM
Apr 2016
Euphy, Nunnaly, & Lelouch enjoying their childhood, damn. Child Nunnaly is really cute DAMN... That ending though.
Jun 4, 2020 6:42 AM

Feb 2019
Ah, Euphy... this made me really sad.

Truly the most tragic death in anime history that I've seen. She was the kindest person in the entire series who truly cared best for people's happiness, not looking at race or position or anything else. Her death and the terrible circumstances in which it happened still makes me tear up and shiver to this day.

Euphy has always been kind and caring ever since she was a child, and we can see that here. A commemorative plate she wanted, and yet when it broke her first response was not that of anger or disappointment, but happiness that she gets to share it with Nunally. There is no purer soul in all of Code Geass. She suffered the most unfair fate, a death being branded as a traitor by Britannia, the Japanese, and the world, and the perpetrator of one of the greatest atrocities in history.

The sound of the plate breaking after the radio started going weird... that really broke my heart. The moment that the entire cruelty and unfairness of the world really showed itself. A fate that no one, especially her, deserved.

Rest in peace, Euphemia... In a better world, Euphy would've lived and continued to work for her beliefs: a kinder world. And she could spend many days with Lelouch and Nunally, just like she wanted: making people smile. Even now, I still grieve for her. At least those closest to her remembered her for who she was, and not what the world saw. Not what she did against her own will. At least Lelouch, Nunally, Suzaku, and Cornelia all remembered.

And yes, it was 'Holly Empire of Britannia' lol
Nov 27, 2020 12:39 AM
Sep 2013
Shikkakku said:
Ah, Euphy... this made me really sad.

Truly the most tragic death in anime history that I've seen. She was the kindest person in the entire series who truly cared best for people's happiness, not looking at race or position or anything else. Her death and the terrible circumstances in which it happened still makes me tear up and shiver to this day.

Euphy has always been kind and caring ever since she was a child, and we can see that here. A commemorative plate she wanted, and yet when it broke her first response was not that of anger or disappointment, but happiness that she gets to share it with Nunally. There is no purer soul in all of Code Geass. She suffered the most unfair fate, a death being branded as a traitor by Britannia, the Japanese, and the world, and the perpetrator of one of the greatest atrocities in history.

The sound of the plate breaking after the radio started going weird... that really broke my heart. The moment that the entire cruelty and unfairness of the world really showed itself. A fate that no one, especially her, deserved.

Rest in peace, Euphemia... In a better world, Euphy would've lived and continued to work for her beliefs: a kinder world. And she could spend many days with Lelouch and Nunally, just like she wanted: making people smile. Even now, I still grieve for her. At least those closest to her remembered her for who she was, and not what the world saw. Not what she did against her own will. At least Lelouch, Nunally, Suzaku, and Cornelia all remembered.

And yes, it was 'Holly Empire of Britannia' lol

Felt so sad when she died in the anime and again now qq. RIP Euphemia
Jul 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Nov 2010
Aww man, it really sucks Euphy had to die. She was such a sweet and nice girl.
Apr 10, 2023 11:17 PM

Jul 2022
Ah... it's really sad to see knowing what Euphy's fate is...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 6 Discussion

nehnehneji - Jul 25, 2008

24 by Denvir »»
Jun 4, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 9 Discussion

23 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 16, 2022 12:47 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 7 Discussion

19 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 16, 2022 12:32 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 5 Discussion

OranSolus - Aug 19, 2008

24 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 16, 2022 12:22 PM

Poll: » Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch Specials Episode 4 Discussion

18 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 16, 2022 12:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.