Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 2, 2011 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
wow Awesome opening and Episode

lol Nami x Usopp xDD

shit i can't wait for the next week xD
cant wait to see Caribou
Oct 2, 2011 2:44 AM

Sep 2008
WE NEED 500000000 HOURS LONG EPISODE NOW!!!

=.= it was too short =.=''

ok soo:

Nami - she's AWESOME! now! her hair is... just AMAZING!! Now I love her even more!!

Zoro - wow.. he was first X......x and was not lost X......x

Usopp - he looks better now X....x but he's funny like always so that's good ^.^

Chopper - he looks cute like always ^.^

Franky - nothing to say...I think...

Robin - whoaaa... I liked her before better... but she looks sexy anyway XD

Brook - Hah Soul King XD XD It matches him... I wonder how did he power-up?

Sanji - a beard? it matches him XD

and finally

Luffy - scars? I wonder how did he get them.... and that yellow think matches him~ He should wear that coat always ^.^ He looks more king-like in it ^.^ and I hoped for marriage with Boa T___T
oxo.anime.xox.manga.oxo.
Oct 2, 2011 2:54 AM

Dec 2007
That was awesome, moar please!
[color=#3399CC]All credit goes to Daika-san.
[/color]
Oct 2, 2011 3:04 AM

Jul 2010
Fake Luffy us going to get his ass kicked. And he deserves it, ruining the Straw Hats' reputation like that!

Awesome episode.
Oct 2, 2011 3:09 AM

Oct 2007
Damn it! Now I have to live for another week to watch the next episode, BLURGHHHH!

Maybe I'll start reading the manga... anyone know what chapter this is at?
Oct 2, 2011 3:43 AM
Sep 2007
I couldn't just watch this episode once.. but I had to watch it twice.. Ill watch it again when I get 720p subbed version xD can't wait next episode xD
Oct 2, 2011 3:48 AM

Feb 2010
great ep idd and new op is good too but we go don't like the song at all :o

xMafiax said:
Damn it! Now I have to live for another week to watch the next episode, BLURGHHHH!

Maybe I'll start reading the manga... anyone know what chapter this is at?

Oct 2, 2011 4:11 AM
Mar 2008
imperlast said:
omg great ness

why couldn't they of done a 50 min ep or maybe 2 hour

<shiver>omg...that would've been sooo awesome!!!</shiver>

Nikorin said:

Usopp - he looks better now X....x but he's funny like always so that's good ^.^

Especially when he saw 'himself', haha*cough**cough*hahaha:
NANIIIII~!!?? SOGEKINGU~!!?? NANDEEEE~!!??
and
eh...Luffy~!?

Nikorin said:

Franky - nothing to say...I think...

I'd say his shoulders are the tiniest bit bigger. And wtf he cut his hair?? Nooo~
Nikorin said:

Brook - Hah Soul King XD XD It matches him... I wonder how did he power-up?

Nikorin said:

Luffy - scars? I wonder how did he get them....

I believe he got it when Akainu punched through Ace. Aaaaaccceeee~ T_T R.I.P.
EDIT: If you're thinking about the giant-ass scar across his chest, that is. I've never figured out how he got the one under his eye.
Nikorin said:
and I hoped for marriage with Boa T___T

He will. He must. I'm still hoping. I think.

flame_master_14 said:
Oh yeah, anime-only forumites: Did you all notice that Sanji's other eye is covered now? I feel like it's easy to miss, all things considered.

I was half-thinking his left eyebrow would be twirling downwards instead of upwards, like his right eye. That would've explained why he's got one eye covered all the time...

Did you guys notice though, that Usopp'n also has a beard? I didn't see that in the manga, so this was news to me.
animefan82Oct 2, 2011 4:14 AM
Oct 2, 2011 4:14 AM

Dec 2009
Nikorin said:

Luffy - scars? I wonder how did he get them....

That was from Akainu. He had them before the timeskip too!
Oct 2, 2011 4:19 AM

May 2010
Great opening and now im dying for episode 518 T_T
But greaaaaat episode:D
Oct 2, 2011 4:23 AM

Mar 2011
Yes, it is very impressive episode.
Oct 2, 2011 4:32 AM
Feb 2011
the too be continued part was awesome even thoe there only pirates trying to be feared by copying someone they totally had me on the edge of my seat and i cant wait for the next episode.
the only thing im thinking is i hope they havent changed the characters too much because if they made luffy sensible then that would ruien it for me, luffys best quallity is that hes oblivious to everything except food and fighting, for instance when the princess asked him if she would make a good wife and luffy said im not gunna get married before he would have ignord that
Oct 2, 2011 4:45 AM

Jan 2008
daleb729 said:

the only thing im thinking is i hope they havent changed the characters too much because if they made luffy sensible then that would ruien it for me, luffys best quallity is that hes oblivious to everything except food and fighting, for instance when the princess asked him if she would make a good wife and luffy said im not gunna get married before he would have ignord that

Worry not, Luffy is as awesome as ever and hasn't changed at all :D
Oct 2, 2011 4:52 AM
Jul 2010
The OP made me cry.

As a manga reader the changes didn't really surprise me but I laughed my ass off at Sanji's in-built women detector.

I would have wanted to see more of Zorro and Franky, especially his new "SUPEEERR!" stance. Brook's song hit my expectations and I also think its funny that the fake Mugiwara crew got their seiyus changed.

I wouldn't have expected the time-skip to be so soon since the manga took a 4 week pause until it continued with the story.

Btw, found some info on the internet that Funimation took steps to block sites like anime44, watchanimeon and so on from being found if you search for "One Piece".

Read it up here: http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=46789
Oct 2, 2011 4:54 AM
Feb 2011
animefan82 said:

EDIT: If you're thinking about the giant-ass scar across his chest, that is. I've never figured out how he got the one under his eye.

He stabbed himself to proof that he is a man:
http://read.mangashare.com/One-Piece/chapter-001/page004.html

There are other things that were censored like for example Zeff eating his own leg or in this episode Sanji was showing the okama the finger.
JoslOct 2, 2011 11:53 AM
Oct 2, 2011 5:07 AM

Mar 2008
ok, i really enjoyed this episode, finally its out !
but now we'll have to wait another week : /

the changes to the straw hat crew arent as bad as i thought they'd be when i looked at a picture
we all prefer women with long hair, but i thought i'd still miss the old nami, but the changes are well done
the usopp-changes are nicely done

sanji's almost the same, so no complaints here, zoro even more badass
i thought i'd miss choppers old hat, but the new one is great too : P

when i looked at the picture, i kinda disliked the changes they made to robin, but from what i've seen in this episode, its quite alright, im not sure yet, gotta wait for more episodes

brook... im not sure yet, but i can deal with that
we didnt really get to see franky, but from the picture i've got the impression that he looks pretty retarded now... not sure yet = )

and even if its just a little, i welcome the changes they made to luffy.. the scar on his chest, a new top etc, im glad they didnt make really big changes to him ! he's just supposed to be this way !

the only thing i really disliked in this episode was when luffy replied to hancock "im not getting married", cuz i really wanna see Luffy + Hancock ^^
of course Luffy + Robin or Luffy + Nami would be nice too, but i think i'll go with hancock xD
maybe that'll happen in the future? who knows ! maybe when one piece is about to end (if that should ever happen) they'll get together, or something like that.. ^^

i just wish this episode wouldve been longer, lets say 1hour or at least 40mins since this was the beginning of the new world arc, but yea
i enjoyed it and as far as i can tell, the appearance changes arent that bad, in fact they're quite good
Oct 2, 2011 5:26 AM

May 2008
damnn.... cant wait for episode 518!
Oct 2, 2011 6:44 AM

Feb 2008
Nokko said:
Can't wait for episode 518 now! It feels like it's gonna be so epic from where this episode ended!

:o
... =_=

Oct 2, 2011 7:08 AM

Feb 2011
I would've preferred to have seen the fake straw hats get their asses kicked by Ussop so he could be like, "how dare you ruin our names" but this is an anime so :[ sigh, that wouldn't happen
Oct 2, 2011 7:10 AM

Sep 2010
Hahaha nice :))))

can't wait for the next ep :))))
Oct 2, 2011 8:00 AM
Oct 2011
waterboy said:
sspatel_55 said:
IT WAS BEAUTIFUL :D

Animation seems great and the new opening is one of the best so far!!!

Loved Luffy...never expected him to say something like "I'm not getting married" to Hancock..that was hilarious!! I thought he might have been a bit taller but either way he's still grown and obviously matured. The Fake Luffy is disastrous but sanji's voice acting as a villain isn't so bad..it's quite entertaining on the contrary!

Loved Nami...i was expecting her to just slap that short fat chibi...but the way she brushed them off all super cool was just like her. Not to mention she has "grown" as well >.<

Loved Usopp...I like his warrior like character and yet he still has his trademark funny reactions :D He mastered the pop green thing as expected..i wonder how he left his island though?

Loved Brook...Soul king? I never expected that!! I thought he would have been a rock star but a soul king?? that was way too funny..his song Bone to be wild was so catchy..the creativity just had me rolling on the floor hahaha

Loved Zoro...only appeared for like 10 sec but he was still badass. They didn't show his face though for the suspense!! I wonder what he was doing for the 10 days..i'm surprised he didn't get lost on the way there!

Loved Sanji...the womanizer is back on the island with real women!! Looking forward to seeing his reaction when he sees Nami and Robin...i don't think he would be able to handle their womanly charm haha

Not much of robin, franky and chopper but i'm sure they'll get to show off their epicness soon enough.

It was great to see the whole crew and I can't wait to see them all together!! I was really thinking they would all meet this episode but that was naive of me. And they really need to teach the fake straw hats a mugiwara no lesson..I also wonder who the new fleet admiral is?
This journey to new world is just beginning and I certainly don't want to miss out on a single second of it!!!

The spoiler above is something posted by waterboy. I don't know if it's true as I don't watch the manga but I would ask that you don't spoil things like that, man.
Oct 2, 2011 8:14 AM

Aug 2010
Awesome.. enough said. Finally the new world! Usopp really made my day.. knowing what's going to happen next episode I really can't wait.(So much comedy coming up)
Oct 2, 2011 8:45 AM

Feb 2010
I like their new outfits and stuff but new Robin is a BIG turn off!!!! YE I SAID IT! NO TAN NO ROBIN!!!
Oct 2, 2011 8:54 AM

Mar 2008
as i said, im still not sure if i like the new changes to robin
i'll have to wait for a few more episodes to decide

but as of right now i definitely like the "other" robin, the one we're used to a lot more than the "new world arc-robin" ._.
btw, i like the new opening : )
Oct 2, 2011 8:54 AM
Jun 2008
Zoro is the first to arrive lol, I thought he is the last.

fake ussop sound like frankie ..

anyway, I like this episode ^^
Oct 2, 2011 9:00 AM

Mar 2009
Yes YES YES!!! Absolutely loved this episode!!

LOL at the seiyus swapping characters for the fakes. And it was really great to see the crew again. Sanji's going to be absolutely hilarious in the coming episodes.

Impatiently waiting for the next one already! Hopefully we'll be able to see Zoro next week.
Oct 2, 2011 9:39 AM

Jul 2011
FINALLY I was so excited and Im am still.
It was ana amazing epic episode. I was waiting for it so long.
The 2Y straw hats are awesome.
LOL when Sanji came back I laught rolling on the floor. xD
And I still cant believe that Zoro came first O.O
Anyway the episode was probably one of the best so far. I really loved it.
And the new opening is awesome too. I cant wait to see the next episode and what happens to the face luffy...
EPIC
Oct 2, 2011 9:47 AM

May 2008
Why do they have to draw theirs boobs so big??? I mean, come on.

Loved the rest, though ^_^
Oct 2, 2011 9:58 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
WOAH!!! Time Skip and everyone is freaking awsome now!! NAMI and Robin even hotter now!! DAMN I WANNA NOW NEW EP!!! DAMMIT!!!
Oct 2, 2011 10:04 AM

Apr 2008
They actually kept up a very good pace for this episode. I thought they would have really stretched things out more.
Oct 2, 2011 11:02 AM

Dec 2007
Josl said:
animefan82 said:

EDIT: If you're thinking about the giant-ass scar across his chest, that is. I've never

There are other things that were censored like for example Zeff eating his own leg or in this episode Sanji was showing the okama the finger.

I'm fairly certaing the scar is from Akainu's magma punch.
Oct 2, 2011 11:15 AM

Apr 2008
Yup, it is. He gets the scar when Akainu hits Jinbe while he's carrying an unconscious Luffy. Chapter 578 / Episode 487.

SteveKeysOct 2, 2011 11:19 AM
Oct 2, 2011 11:20 AM
Nov 2008
The scar he gives himself is the one under his left eye.
MalestelOct 2, 2011 12:04 PM
Oct 2, 2011 11:54 AM
Feb 2011
leeree said:
Josl said:
animefan82 said:

EDIT: If you're thinking about the giant-ass scar across his chest, that is. I've never

I'm fairly certaing the scar is from Akainu's magma punch.

Sorry quoted him wrong. Meant to quote this:

animefan82 said:

I've never figured out how he got the one under his eye.
Oct 2, 2011 12:09 PM

May 2011
Those fake Straw-Hats remind me of hopeless cosplayers LOL. That Zoro makes me cringe...

The new opening really is perfect imo. They have the nostalgia there with a new touch. Perfect for the second half of OP.

Zoro was first!? I guess Mihawk must've trained his sense of direction first ^^

All the strawhats are back in action. I can't wait until they officially meet up.

This episode was done perfectly. 10/10

I think I love Nami. ^^
Oct 2, 2011 1:55 PM

Jul 2010
I love the way Luffy acted this episode <33 I'm só glad he didn't changed too much :D

I don't like Robin's new look but I can live with it
Brook is super awesome as Soul King ^^
Usopp has become kinda manly but I do hope he'll sometimes be the coward just cauz it's fun :P
Zoro looked SUPER GAR, I can't wait to see him without shadows covering him up, hopefully next episode :D
Sanji didn't changed that much, he's just gonna be a bigger ero-cook than he was before xD
Haven't seen Franky so idk yet
Chopper looked exactly the same, lol at the cotton candy moment <3
And Nami... well... her boob got bigger, again >.< But I like her long hair

And am I the only one who doesn't love the new opening? I liked We Are a lót more tbh...
Oct 2, 2011 3:43 PM

Aug 2009
Aww they don't have Luffy wearing those glasses. Good episode anyway.
Oct 2, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
Would have been nice to have a double episode, kind of sucks that have to wait another week to see everyone together. Damn Usopp is ripped now.
Oct 2, 2011 6:00 PM

May 2008
Animefanx3 said:

And am I the only one who doesn't love the new opening? I liked We Are a lót more tbh...

No, I also dislike it. Another thing i don't like is that it seems more Luffy-centered...Like the anime recently. I adore Luffy, but I missed the crew so much, I'm eager for crew-hilariousness!
Oct 2, 2011 6:25 PM

Jun 2009
Sennin_Darkissa said:
Animefanx3 said:

No, I also dislike it. Another thing i don't like is that it seems more Luffy-centered...Like the anime recently. I adore Luffy, but I missed the crew so much, I'm eager for crew-hilariousness!

To be fair, I disliked "We Are" when I first heard it, but it grew on me. I think it's reasonable to expect that this one will as well.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 2, 2011 7:30 PM

Mar 2011
OMFG! I was crying the entire episode! So fucking moving!
Nikolas Erdmann
Oct 2, 2011 8:03 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode! i like OP etc.

The only bad thing about the episode was...FAKE MUGIWARA'S.They were so fucking annoying that i wanted to crush my monitor.These guys just ruined real Mugiwara's IMAGE AND RESPECT.

Anyway, great episode, cant wait to see next :D
Oct 2, 2011 9:30 PM

Oct 2011
The whole ep was.. AWESOMEE!
Nami with long haair! And for the first time I think that Usopp was kind of cool.
Oct 3, 2011 12:08 AM

Feb 2008
I just fell in love with the show all over again
but i really hate how they ended the episode (more of when) i want more ;-;

And Usopp i love you |D
Oct 10, 2011 12:46 PM

Oct 2009
Fake Luffy is about to get his ass kicked :).
Oct 15, 2011 2:03 PM

Nov 2008
SoFarGone said:
Aww they don't have Luffy wearing those glasses. Good episode anyway.

i was thinking the same thing and they didn't show him stuffing meat in that bag lol
Oct 29, 2011 2:13 PM
Nov 2010
Great, it's nice to see them all improved...:)
Dec 15, 2011 10:52 PM

May 2010
Finally watched this episode! Holy crap! This just kicked started my love again for One piece! Superbly written and great start after the timelapse.. love all the transforms of each crew member! OP is the best! :-D
Dec 26, 2011 10:25 PM

Feb 2009
Not a big fan of the OP, but man what great ep. Usopp, the badass!

And Robin = love! =3
Jan 15, 2012 9:58 AM

Jan 2010
Usopp leveled up! Sanji's reaction seeing a real woman was priceless!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Yesterday

24 by FMmatron »»
8 minutes ago

» HAPPY BIRTHDAY GOAT🐐 🔥🎉

opDYNO - 12 hours ago

21 by Shenvi »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 531 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ninkendo - Jan 14, 2012

73 by ZaMinion »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelleee - Sep 21, 2008

57 by Jelly25 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 461 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Aug 7, 2010

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.