Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2011 10:21 PM

Aug 2010
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*
I'm pretty sure most people agree the F/SN anime sucks.

It doesn't suck that much but it does give Fate stay night a bad name. But yeah it does suck when you compare it to the original.
Oct 1, 2011 10:28 PM

Oct 2010
I want to confirm something from Sakura's spoiler
Is this true and did it start at the time of this episode? If this is true and something like that is shown (will it even be shown in this series?), you can bet some will go ape shit. That's all I will say. I am totally shocked at learning about Sakura in general now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 1, 2011 10:35 PM

Jun 2009
Yes, very impressive ufotable. Animation is superb as well as fight scenes looks well animated judging by that absolutely gorgeous opening.

My body is ready for this. This will be fun. Also dat WORMS!! poor Sakura.
Oct 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Jul 2007
Waver's Grandmother falls over and no one seems to care. Really caring family...
Other then that it was awesome and I loved the scene at the end while the servants where bring summoned. FSN lacked that kind of epicness.
by Baka-Chibi

Oct 1, 2011 11:33 PM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Is this true and did it start at the time of this episode? If this is true and something like that is shown (will it even be shown in this series?), you can bet some will go ape shit. That's all I will say. I am totally shocked at learning about Sakura in general now.
Yes, it's true.

In fact,
Oct 1, 2011 11:48 PM
Jul 2007
This series seems like it's being set up well. It felt like it was around that sweet spot of not being noticeably cliche or trying to grab your attention as the first episode; basically, it is the way you should start a long epic story. The environments and the way everyone is presented and talks is very filmic and not over the top, which creates that style that makes KnK stand out. This was also like a wet dream for someone like me who read the Heaven's Feel route. Seeing all the rooms, worms, and characters not shown in the DEEN anime is amazing. I kinda feel bad for people who didn't play the Heaven's Feel route that watch this. I did not read FZ, but glad I held off because I like being in store for a surprises in good anime adaptations.
eraltergOct 1, 2011 11:51 PM
Oct 2, 2011 12:36 AM

May 2009
superzombie23 said:
This series seems like it's being set up well. It felt like it was around that sweet spot of not being noticeably cliche or trying to grab your attention as the first episode; basically, it is the way you should start a long epic story. The environments and the way everyone is presented and talks is very filmic and not over the top, which creates that style that makes KnK stand out. This was also like a wet dream for someone like me who read the Heaven's Feel route. Seeing all the rooms, worms, and characters not shown in the DEEN anime is amazing. I kinda feel bad for people who didn't play the Heaven's Feel route that watch this. I did not read FZ, but glad I held off because I like being in store for a surprises in good anime adaptations.

Totally agree
Oct 2, 2011 12:45 AM

Apr 2007
This entire episode made my day. I had a shitty day today but watching this first episode of FZ tonight made the entire day worth it.

Also, Rin is the best Type-Moon girl ever.

Personally, Im rooting for that low-class magus that stole the relic the English guy was supposed to get. That teacher was a dick. I know more or less how it ends up, though, but its still fun picking a side.

I want to be a magus. :(
Blergh.
Oct 2, 2011 12:54 AM

Sep 2009
Looks like this is going to be pretty good, but I'm not as fanatical about it as everyone else is. Definitely looks like it will be better than fate/stay night (which I thought was just ok). I know the VN is supposed to be better, but I don't care to play it at the moment (as much as I would like to try out some VNs, they are a major time sink).
Oct 2, 2011 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
i am so surprised at ppl that call it boring.sure at some point of this ep they start reviewing all the masters/servants and stuff but before and after that is pure awesomeness.
after illya's birth we have the part with tokiomi and Risei going around kotomine to force him to join forces with tokiomi and got suprised that he accepted so quickly...
then we have creepy zouken with Kaiji's Archenemy's Voice actor plus Sakura's dark childhood.
and then one of the most interesting masters of fate/zero,velvet.then at the end we have summoning scenes plus nostalgic saber dialogue!(imo the OP was good too)if it was F/SN casts it would be boring but these pairs sure deserve more !!!
amirhossOct 2, 2011 1:29 AM
Oct 2, 2011 1:41 AM

Dec 2010
I was yawning a bit in the beginning then I came buckets in the end.

Breathtaking animation indeed. I hope the quality won't get worse.
Oct 2, 2011 1:51 AM
Aug 2010
Great first episode, really looking forward to seeing more. Also really glad that it's set for 25 episodes.
Oct 2, 2011 2:03 AM

May 2011
Fuck yes Fate.
Oct 2, 2011 2:10 AM

Nov 2010
Iri, what a MILF.
Oct 2, 2011 2:17 AM

Feb 2010
one of the best opening ep ever exellent stuff.
Oct 2, 2011 2:23 AM
Nov 2010
It looks good, some of the characters are pretty cool...
Oct 2, 2011 2:25 AM

Aug 2011
crystalangel23 said:
Waver's Grandmother falls over and no one seems to care. Really caring family...
Other then that it was awesome and I loved the scene at the end while the servants where bring summoned. FSN lacked that kind of epicness.

about that

it was a funny scene anyway. :D
Oct 2, 2011 2:25 AM

May 2010
I was really impressed with the first episode!!!!!

Oct 2, 2011 2:29 AM

Jun 2011
The build up seems like that this is gonna be fucktastic.
Really excited for the next episode.
Oct 2, 2011 2:47 AM

Apr 2009
I read the VN before, but the animation and delivery from ufotable and of course, writer Urobochi Gen for original materials, this first episode was a spectacle.

Loved the scene at the end with all the masters doing their summons.
Oct 2, 2011 2:54 AM

Oct 2010
DrHouse said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes, it's true.
I see so when they adapt that Route in Fate/Stay Night it will be another hard one to pass. Already my limit was passed with Unlimited and that heart part with Gilgamesh.
DrHouse said:
In fact,
The grail was from the 3rd war? Or we are talking about the one from this one?

Seriously Sakura + the spoiler
= WTF is wrong with the old shit! For God's sake someone should have whacked him to death and burn him out. He looks insane and mentally sick.

Oct 2, 2011 3:09 AM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

= WTF is wrong with the old shit! For God's sake someone should have whacked him to death and burn him out. He looks insane and mentally sick.

Could you possibly overreact more? It's not that big of deal (not necessarily a spoiler, but whatever)
Oct 2, 2011 3:10 AM
Sep 2011
The artstyle was fantastic! I really hope it remains that way for the rest of the show.

Despite the huge amount of dialogue and the complete lack of action scenes I wasn't bored one second nor did I have problems to follow the plot. As a introduction episode it fulfully succeeded.
Oct 2, 2011 3:17 AM

Oct 2010
As i excepted its awesome.
Oct 2, 2011 3:21 AM
Dec 2007
As expected of Fate/Zero made by ufotable, the production values were very high, the characters very interesting and correctly introduced and the darkness of the title beautifully rendered on screen (and music I must say). Fantastic start.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 2, 2011 3:34 AM

Mar 2011
Paul said:
bullrogg said:
i like how we get 24 more weeks of this.

when the OP came at the end i was yelling Excalibur

Strange, I was yelling Gilgamesh. *insert lightning sparks towards each others eyes*
Oct 2, 2011 3:57 AM

Jun 2008
Summoning Scene

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 2, 2011 4:03 AM

Oct 2010
Ehx said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Could you possibly overreact more? It's not that big of deal (not necessarily a spoiler, but whatever)
Yeah but he is shown already being insane as it is. You mean what happens to Sakura as being due to the impact the story has on him.

That I could understand as I see things unfold. I already what the worst shit might be and yeah I overact but only due to my emotions being strong. Forget about Unlimited reaction and first time reactions to the sequel of this.

Oct 2, 2011 4:07 AM

Oct 2009
I never read Fate/zero before but holy crap this was awesome. That 'I ask of thee, art thou my master?' with Kajiura's BGM in background sent shivers down my spine.
Oct 2, 2011 5:11 AM

Sep 2008
Damn... Poor Kariya.

Anyway nice episode.
Oct 2, 2011 5:11 AM

Aug 2007
Waver was brilliant. 'Jeez, do I have them hypnotize them AGAIN?' I hope ufotable maintains the high standards as this episode for the rest of the episodes. Those detailed backgrounds... I love ufotable. Again. ^^
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Oct 2, 2011 5:21 AM

Oct 2010
Guess you could say the first avatars of Saber from this series are out:

this is just one but rest with other GIFs:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=334029&show=0#post1
we going to make this series something to make graphs from. Well I am at least going to try and pump out lots.

Is there any way to change servants? I have a bad feeling for Berserker being chosen on such a weak Master. Berserker was good for Illyasvield in Fate Night Stay but that's only only because she was young but this person is worn out. More over I am not sure those worms would contribute in helping him.
kaimax said:
Oh ROFL! I just compiled GIFs to be done of that but I am too tired to do them. Later I shall and put them into the club but euh there is like 4 summons so where are the other 3?

Oct 2, 2011 5:33 AM

Jun 2011
Finally after 4 long LONG years of wait Fate/Zero is here.

Gotta say the quality was superb, SUPERB I SAY. The first episode was really well done as the elaborated alot about the background information.

And finally i still gotta say THIS SERIES GETS ME SO PSYCH MY BODY IS LITERALLY SHACKING WITH EXCITEMENT. Good thing my 5/6months break is coming soon so i can watch this without a care in the world :D
Oct 2, 2011 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Is there any way to change servants? I have a bad feeling for Berserker being chosen on such a weak Master. Berserker was good for Illyasvield in Fate Night Stay but that's only only because she was young but this person is worn out. More over I am not sure those worms would contribute in helping him

it is possible for masters to get another servant in situation that both sides don't have any contract with others ( like how rin got saber in UBW since caster used rule breaker on saber and archer ) and the worms already did help with Karyia's magic power otherwise he couldn't become a master but the price is too high...
Oct 2, 2011 5:51 AM

Oct 2010
amirhoss said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Is there any way to change servants? I have a bad feeling for Berserker being chosen on such a weak Master. Berserker was good for Illyasvield in Fate Night Stay but that's only only because she was young but this person is worn out. More over I am not sure those worms would contribute in helping him

it is possible for masters to get another servant in situation that both sides don't have any contract with others ( like how rin got saber in UBW since caster used rule breaker on saber and archer )
Yeah but means doing that kind of situation. It sounds complex. I do remember that exception being done. I wonder if there will be a situation like that in this series? Would be nice to see how one is performed during the 4th war.
amirhoss said:
and the worms already did help with Karyia's magic power otherwise he couldn't become a master but the price is too high...
Really? I though he was very adept at being a powerful magic user.

Damn right the price is too high and Sakura also has that burden now. Damn fucking old shit bastard needs a eternal rest before he could do what he did to Sakura. The worms are already enough to give me nightmares. I am tired good night to you!

Oct 2, 2011 6:01 AM
Aug 2007
I can´t believe how awesome this anime adaption is !!

There´s only 1 episode so far, but its adaption is 1000000000x better than Fate/Stay Night's adaption was !
Oct 2, 2011 6:29 AM

Mar 2009
Gotta be honest, I didn't really like this until the summoning scene kicked in..and then it ended. D: I shall give this anime a huge chance though. And I haven't seen Fate/Stay Night either (aside from the first episode) so this is pretty much all new to me, maybe it'll take me longer to get into than it will for most people. =/

But I must say I love Waver and shoot me if you must but he reminded me a bit of young Severus Snape lol.

{{ TCO }} {{ ACP }} {{ TSC }} {{ LAC }}
Oct 2, 2011 6:52 AM
May 2010
Mother of god that summoning sequence background music. The soundtrack is gonna be fucking epic! :D~

This looks pretty badass but it's gonna take some time for the details to sink in for me, like character names and their relationships @_@ Haven't read any of the novel and only watched FSN a few years ago.
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Oct 2, 2011 7:02 AM

Feb 2009
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:
And just like that, Zero is already better than F/SN. Which really isn't hard to do since F/SN was nothing speci- *gets shot*

It doesn't suck that much but it does give Fate stay night a bad name. But yeah it does suck when you compare it to the original.

For someone like me who's seen the F/SN anime and read the"Fate" arc(the one shown in the f/sn anime) is pretty accurate to the VN. And the story of Fate was really good. Only reason you guys like F/Z more is cuz the animation and production values are better. Kinda biased I tell ya.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Oct 2, 2011 7:12 AM

Jul 2007
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:

For someone like me who's seen the F/SN anime and read the"Fate" arc(the one shown in the f/sn anime) is pretty accurate to the VN. And the story of Fate was really good. Only reason you guys like F/Z more is cuz the animation and production values are better. Kinda biased I tell ya.

No.

Don't spread heresy.
Its as accurate as a portrait of you done by 4 year old child.

It completelly glosses over major and important points, misses the main motivation behind Shiro, strips the hsow form all its deeper meaning and then completely fucks it all up with the last half of series.

DEEN produced FSN never ever ever should be mentioned in front of those who actually care for fate franchise and overall nasuverse.

The end.

---------------------------------

As for episode, good to see a decent fate adaptation, bu tit kind of makes me sad that FSN never ever ever ever got this kind of treatment. One can only hope that FSN remake will be made one day by these same folks who are doing fate/zero. And then maybe one day someone will actually make an adaptation of Tsukihime. Its the only work to not even have an adaptation right now :[

5/5
Oct 2, 2011 7:19 AM

Sep 2009
And with exposition out of the way, I look forward to an action packed 24 weeks.
Oct 2, 2011 7:26 AM

Jan 2009
Yumekichi11 said:

Yeah but means doing that kind of situation. It sounds complex. I do remember that exception being done. I wonder if there will be a situation like that in this series?
Would be nice to see how one is performed during the 4th war.

there are many ways if u play dirty ...

Yumekichi11 said:

amirhoss said:
and the worms already did help with Karyia's magic power otherwise he couldn't become a master but the price is too high...
Really? I though he was very adept at being a powerful magic user.

Damn right the price is too high and Sakura also has that burden now. Damn fucking old shit bastard needs a eternal rest before he could do what he did to Sakura. The worms are already enough to give me nightmares. I am tired good night to you!

as Zouken told in this ep Karyia didn't had any serious training.he could be a gr8 magi if he had trained before that is why zouken was mad at him and the fact that he could get rdy in this short time even with zouken's help is considered amazing itself if u compare it with some other masters but adding berserker enhancement to his summoning was too much in that condition.
Oct 2, 2011 7:40 AM

Aug 2010
Alexeon said:
This entire episode made my day. I had a shitty day today but watching this first episode of FZ tonight made the entire day worth it.

Also, Rin is the best Type-Moon girl ever.

Personally, Im rooting for that low-class magus that stole the relic the English guy was supposed to get. That teacher was a dick. I know more or less how it ends up, though, but its still fun picking a side.

I want to be a magus. :(

Lol same here, show saved my life and even got rid of my sickness. And yeah Rin is the best type moon girl. She was only a kid and took the role to be a magus.
Oct 2, 2011 7:48 AM

Aug 2010
Fai said:
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:

No.

Don't spread heresy.
Its as accurate as a portrait of you done by 4 year old child.

It completelly glosses over major and important points, misses the main motivation behind Shiro, strips the hsow form all its deeper meaning and then completely fucks it all up with the last half of series.

DEEN produced FSN never ever ever should be mentioned in front of those who actually care for fate franchise and overall nasuverse.

The end.

---------------------------------

As for episode, good to see a decent fate adaptation, bu tit kind of makes me sad that FSN never ever ever ever got this kind of treatment. One can only hope that FSN remake will be made one day by these same folks who are doing fate/zero. And then maybe one day someone will actually make an adaptation of Tsukihime. Its the only work to not even have an adaptation right now :[

5/5

Yeah Fate stay night does need a remake by Ufotable, and this time the Heavens feel route. And no 1 hr and 40 min like the UBW movie(I can't believe how badly they killed the UBW route).
Oct 2, 2011 7:51 AM

Apr 2011
God damn that was a pretty episode. Can't wait to see more.
Oct 2, 2011 7:52 AM

Aug 2010
quake2 said:
Ragna92 said:
Amaya-no-Hime said:
Iilia said:

NO.. specially the fail attempt of showing a little stuff from the other routes. That caster arc was just bullshit. Why would they do the Sakura/Rin think in a fate route adaptation? Seriously Deen..
Oct 2, 2011 8:03 AM

Apr 2011
looks awesome really worth watching!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 2, 2011 8:12 AM

Jun 2011
This was awesome, I freakin' love it.

Welcome back saber!

Though I gotta ask, Will all of the episodes be that long or was it just this one? Really curious.
Oct 2, 2011 8:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
DrHouse said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes, it's true.
I see so when they adapt that Route in Fate/Stay Night it will be another hard one to pass. Already my limit was passed with Unlimited and that heart part with Gilgamesh.
Umm, yeah, Heavens Feel is never going to get an adaptation. You should read the VN if you want to know what ultimately happens to her.

Oct 2, 2011 8:41 AM
Aug 2011
Decee said:
Though I gotta ask, Will all of the episodes be that long or was it just this one? Really curious.

No, this is a special premiere, so the other eps are the regular 25-min.

Well. the first ep is quite nicely done, in my opinion. A lot of dialogues, but I'd read the novel so I'd kinda expected the non-appearance of action scenes in this ep. And I'd rather they do the build-up properly in order to make room for newcomers. But if this adaption is faithful to the original, then I'd doubt there would be any action in the next ep, either.

One thing I noticed in the first ep: When I saw Kariya, I think he looked remarkably like that guy Daikichi in Usagi Drop. Their roles are quite similar, too. They both sacrifice themselves for the sake of a young girl, though Daikichi had it better than Kariya.

And to me, the F/SN anime is quite like the Ef anime: Newcomers might find them appealing but fans of the VN usually hate them because they're unfaithful to the original version.
Pages (14) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm not interested in the fate series at all but

mydaddy - Yesterday

11 by filthyfrank8142 »»
1 hour ago

» The ufotable Production

BigHomieTrapa - Apr 11

2 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 15, 1:53 AM

Poll: » Fate/Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

a6342164 - Oct 29, 2011

459 by JacobRitacco »»
Mar 15, 12:23 AM

» Who's your favorite servant?

Ms_Muffin - Feb 19

47 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Feb 28, 5:46 PM

» Im about to start this but confused

TabutcuEmmi - Feb 7

44 by RulyKinkajou59 »»
Feb 10, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.