Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2011 10:58 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally we have seen all Death Scythes. To be honest I didn't even remember that we hadn't seen two of them, yet. I also found it interesting that Okubo added those guys from Soul Eater Not into Soul Eater.

Anyway, looks like a big battle is right ahead (in more ways than one). I wonder if we are about to head into a final arc here (or maybe two). Any thoughts on that?
Sep 18, 2011 11:51 AM

Oct 2009
It could be one of the final arcs, but then they'd have to combine all the conflicts between the Kishin, Justin, Crona/Medusa and Noah into one..so I'm not sure how it'll work out. I'm definitely anticipating this next arc regardless to last between 1-2 years. Which is awesome to know that one of your favourite manga is going to be epic and consistent for the next little while. =D

The better question is if there will be anymore Maka/Soul developments D:
Sep 18, 2011 12:04 PM

May 2009
What! Clay and Akane are here!?!?!?! Didnt think they would appear in Soul Eater. What the heck is happening in Soul Eater Not!?
Sep 18, 2011 12:04 PM

Oct 2009
Well then, to the moon!!
Sep 18, 2011 12:22 PM

Apr 2011
At least now we sort of know why the Soul Eater NOT monthly issue was so short.

Okubo must've spent the entire month scratching his head for what to do in Soul Eater, so his Soul Eater NOT folder was depressingly short.
Sep 18, 2011 1:14 PM

Nov 2010
slicer45 said:
At least now we sort of know why the Soul Eater NOT monthly issue was so short.

Okubo must've spent the entire month scratching his head for what to do in Soul Eater, so his Soul Eater NOT folder was depressingly short.

This.
The one thing I don't like is that everyone's power is Soul Eater seems to become warped. Like how strong is Maka compared to like the Death Scythes or Black Star. The power levels aren't as warped as they are in Mahou Sensei Negima, but they are still rather ambiguous. I know that they state that Black Star is probably the strongest, but I want to see it for myself.
Sep 18, 2011 1:37 PM

Feb 2010
look like the manga reaching his final part and I still refuse to believe Medusa is dead.
Sep 18, 2011 2:42 PM

Mar 2009
bskbob said:
look like the manga reaching his final part and I still refuse to believe Medusa is dead.

who can say for sure? medusa is a tricky villian so i can definately see her pulling a rabbit out her hat and managing to make a returrn from the grave in some form or another
Sep 18, 2011 4:14 PM
Mar 2011
I'm definitely expecting a plot twist with Maka's mother in this arc o3o
Sep 18, 2011 7:37 PM

Jul 2011
The two last death scythes are very good loking as I hoped it !!!
Mostly the death scythe of Africa, Black panther number one !!!
Sep 19, 2011 1:48 AM

Feb 2010
Why am I starting to suspect that Maka's dad will be dead by the end of this arc?

It was mostly more setup this chapter, but I'm waiting anxiously for the payoff next month.
Sep 19, 2011 1:58 PM

Sep 2009
Asura will go through them like a knife through butter haha >:}
Sep 25, 2011 11:41 PM

Aug 2011
Yerocha said:
Why am I starting to suspect that Maka's dad will be dead by the end of this arc?

Exactly my thoughts; he's just collecting death flags since the arc started =/.

» Escapism.

Sep 28, 2011 12:17 PM
Sep 2011
there are lots of death scythes now, but will there be enough masters to handle them? Maybe then Maka's mother will show up... but it looks like her father doesn't know about it... maybe that ring was ment to e a message that she will be coming as well?
otherwise why would she send her ring back after 2 years? (maybe a bit more...)
anyone noticed that her head is rounder than it used to be? it was oval, but now... it resembles a circle more... more childlike, like in volume 2...
(why didn't they count Soul as a death scyte?)
Why is everyone wearing black? :'( (i know i know...)
but that airship is just hilarious... (no rocket, no nasa, just an airship...)
Oct 14, 2011 1:38 AM

Jul 2011
Phoenix_Hime said:
bskbob said:

who can say for sure? medusa is a tricky villian so i can definately see her pulling a rabbit out her hat and managing to make a returrn from the grave in some form or another

The part with Eruka Frog seems weird, maybe there was a link with medusa’s return.
I absolutely want Medusa comes back in the story, she is the only one character who has to fight against Black Star. And Tsubaki will become a death scythe.

Licsi said:
there are lots of death scythes now, but will there be enough masters to handle them? Maybe then Maka's mother will show up... but it looks like her father doesn't know about it... maybe that ring was ment to e a message that she will be coming as well?
otherwise why would she send her ring back after 2 years? (maybe a bit more...)
anyone noticed that her head is rounder than it used to be? it was oval, but now... it resembles a circle more... more childlike, like in volume 2...
(why didn't they count Soul as a death scyte?)
Why is everyone wearing black? :'( (i know i know...)
but that airship is just hilarious... (no rocket, no nasa, just an airship...)

1) There are weapons which can fight alone (Justin Law, Girico)
2) If Maka's mother returns to Shibusen, it could be interesting.
3) What is Noah doing?
4)Lots of readers say the manga will be over the next year but I think with the arriving of new characters, it will be longer
Oct 27, 2011 8:50 PM

Nov 2007
yeah Spirit has some flags...

finally the other death scythes.

oh look those guys are from Soul Eater NOT? thought so
Oct 29, 2011 3:15 AM

Feb 2008
Makas dad is so dead.
Dec 25, 2011 3:40 AM

Jul 2011
Chrona wait for the Spartoï team, mostly for Chrona, in Italia.

For a moment I thought Medusa really was close to Chrona in the church.

It is very rare to see Chrona to smiling. Chrona is another person now !!!
Jul 11, 2012 1:21 AM
Jul 2018

Cute moments between Maka and his dad. I want to see Maka's mom too. Wonder what she's like. Maka's dad said that his ex-wife can suppress the madness.
Oct 12, 2012 2:23 PM

Feb 2012
Okay, why the fuck is Shinigami not able to leave Death City, Asura is on the moon, he doesn't need to seal him anymore?

Akane and Moa (that's what I'm going to call him, his name is ridiculous) were there all the time, right?! Go figure.

Sounds like Medusa is really dead.

42, guess Ôkubo has read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
ZhouOct 12, 2012 2:40 PM
Nov 14, 2012 2:56 PM

Jul 2011
Zhou said:
Okay, why the fuck is Shinigami not able to leave Death City, Asura is on the moon, he doesn't need to seal him anymore?

Very funny !!

Shinigami-sama sticked his soul on Death City, to stop the next awakening of Asura, after he put him in the bag. But Free closed him into the independant box and Eruka gave him the black blood.

It is better like that because Death the kid can show his skills and his power.
Aug 29, 2013 9:09 PM

Aug 2008
Zhou said:

Akane and Moa (that's what I'm going to call him, his name is ridiculous) were there all the time, right?! Go figure.

Sounds like Medusa is really dead.

42, guess Ôkubo has read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

42 yea...

Shinigami embedded his soul to Death City to protect it and also hold Asura in, So he can't move unless the whole land moves. I don't think the mangaka plan to explain any further.

Knowing that Soul Eater Not is a prequel, it is except-able that they decided to add Clay and Akane to the moon team assuming the in the time gap between the prequel and sequel is long they in turn should be better then what they were fighters.

Yea souls like Medusa is dead, and Chrona is just seeing her best commanding form to give him a reason to do his thing, which it seem to be making Kishin in.

Seems like even tho I said Medusa dying was in vain as she can't she her plan in existence, After remembering that the Kishin Asura was revived with the Black Blood I feel like her plan might succeed that is to making Kishin Chrona's aka put him in Crhona???? idk just seems like this Black Blood is in dead evolving like Medusa wanted it to like with the Whole Russian incident, I was like WTF the whole time woa it can do Mad Blood, woa it can swallow people and turn them in to ball, woa even a city da fuck black blood is so strong. yea so this Chrona can be crazy.
Then again Asura is 800 years old who knows what he can do....

More topics from this board

» Soul Eater- Remake?

Fullmetaldak - Jun 12

14 by Fullmetaldak »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.