Forum Settings
Forums
Soul Eater
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 1:09 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Spoilers* I just finished reading soul eater after watching the anime. Wow, what a difference in the story. I feel like there was huge character differences and how the storyline of each one carried out in the series. Justin Law for instance ends up betraying all of the DWMA unlike in the anime. Medusa getting killed, the final battle on the moon, Kids whole role as becoming the new Shinigami and so on. Tons of lore that I would of never knew if I only watched the anime.
The MAIN reason for this post is why like many other animes, do they try and put one out before the manga is completely done? I feel as though if they dropped a new Soul eater from where the manga went it would be a big hit again. Almost like a FMA to FMAB treatment. Not saying the anime is bad my any means but the mangas story IMO was much better of a complete story.
Jun 12, 1:56 PM
Jan 2021
I agree, I also never cared much for the ending of the anime which was too cheesy of a way to defeat the main antagonist.
Jun 12, 2:10 PM

Apr 2015
Manga was better than the anime, although it could've been even better but it was still fun.
Jun 12, 2:23 PM
Aug 2023
I would love some sort of remake or continuation after recently finishing the manga. The anime ending was so sudden and tossed some villains aside. “Welp, plan failed, just gonna sit around.” 🎶
Jun 12, 7:01 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to matthewy2006
I would love some sort of remake or continuation after recently finishing the manga. The anime ending was so sudden and tossed some villains aside. “Welp, plan failed, just gonna sit around.” 🎶
@matthewy2006 Exactly, in the manga I felt as though they did a much better job with characters and development of the story. Everyone had a moment or two and shined. Plus the Art style is always cool to read. This is why reading the manga can be pretty big when it comes to fans of the series.
Jun 12, 7:03 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to Nich_Dawg
I agree, I also never cared much for the ending of the anime which was too cheesy of a way to defeat the main antagonist.
@Nich_Dawg 100% After the anime I was like no way thats how it ends lol. Manga just ties more plot together and just is a better finished product!
Jun 12, 7:06 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to Biisoo
Manga was better than the anime, although it could've been even better but it was still fun.
@Biisoo Agreed but It still felt more complete than the anime. I also liked how the character arcs went as well as the best arc which was the moon arc. (IMO) Just made everything more significant. Corona, Kid, Dr.Stien and the death scythes on the moon, man I can see it now as a anime! Would be very cool. Just bummed they never thought to come make more.
Jun 12, 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
Fullmetaldak said:
@Biisoo Agreed but It still felt more complete than the anime. I also liked how the character arcs went as well as the best arc which was the moon arc. (IMO) Just made everything more significant. Corona, Kid, Dr.Stien and the death scythes on the moon, man I can see it now as a anime! Would be very cool. Just bummed they never thought to come make more.

I think the reason why they didn't come back with an anime was because the anime ended with an original ending. Secondly, The manga ended. A huge part of why an anime is adapted is to boost manga sales so if the manga is finished already, Then there's not much money to be made there, Production wise.
Jun 13, 5:27 AM
May 2015
Anime used to do this all the time, put out an anime adaptation only a couple years after a manga was released and because the seasonal model wasn’t developed yet, there was no “cour 2” or season 2 planned. The result was a bunch of anime that never completed their manga and either had an abrupt end or a filler ending. Soul eater for example had a set 50 episode block and it didn’t matter how much of the manga they were or weren’t able to squeeze in there. Some lucky few anime like Hunter x Hunter and FMA were rebooted years later with more faithful adaptations, but most still don’t have a great and manga accurate anime. The other problem is that during this era, the big three reigned supreme and captured most of the attention in shonen, so a lot of these other series weren’t as popular as they could’ve been.
Jun 13, 1:30 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to Biisoo
Fullmetaldak said:

I think the reason why they didn't come back with an anime was because the anime ended with an original ending. Secondly, The manga ended. A huge part of why an anime is adapted is to boost manga sales so if the manga is finished already, Then there's not much money to be made there, Production wise.
@Biisoo Right right, I get that, I just think the ending of the manga is just so much better than how the anime ended, even though it did fine rating wise and such I just liked the manga more. Comes down to money thats for sure.
Jun 13, 1:33 PM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to ShamankinguYoh
Anime used to do this all the time, put out an anime adaptation only a couple years after a manga was released and because the seasonal model wasn’t developed yet, there was no “cour 2” or season 2 planned. The result was a bunch of anime that never completed their manga and either had an abrupt end or a filler ending. Soul eater for example had a set 50 episode block and it didn’t matter how much of the manga they were or weren’t able to squeeze in there. Some lucky few anime like Hunter x Hunter and FMA were rebooted years later with more faithful adaptations, but most still don’t have a great and manga accurate anime. The other problem is that during this era, the big three reigned supreme and captured most of the attention in shonen, so a lot of these other series weren’t as popular as they could’ve been.
@ShamankinguYoh ah, very good points! Much more details than you think when it comes to anime and manga production. Timing is everything it seems. We all want more than we can have lol. Luckily for manga readers they get both stories, the animated and the manga. Why I always try and read whatever anime I watched to see if I missed any key plot points or other areas of that series.
Jun 13, 8:37 PM
Aug 2021
Fullmetaldak said:
Spoilers* I just finished reading soul eater after watching the anime. Wow, what a difference in the story. I feel like there was huge character differences and how the storyline of each one carried out in the series. Justin Law for instance ends up betraying all of the DWMA unlike in the anime. Medusa getting killed, the final battle on the moon, Kids whole role as becoming the new Shinigami and so on. Tons of lore that I would of never knew if I only watched the anime.
The MAIN reason for this post is why like many other animes, do they try and put one out before the manga is completely done? I feel as though if they dropped a new Soul eater from where the manga went it would be a big hit again. Almost like a FMA to FMAB treatment. Not saying the anime is bad my any means but the mangas story IMO was much better of a complete story.

nah bc this is exactly how I felt. one day I wanted to read soul eater from where the anime left off bc I had a feeling that wasn't rly it. low and behold I had to read from the beginning bc so much was skewed. I want soul eater and Tokyo ghoul to get a remake ugh!!
Jun 13, 10:22 PM

Jan 2009
im not sure soul eater is that popular compared to fullmetal alchemist that got a remake fast
Jun 17, 11:06 AM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to deg
im not sure soul eater is that popular compared to fullmetal alchemist that got a remake fast
@deg You're right, probably one of the many reasons. Just a fan wanting more lol
Jun 17, 11:07 AM
Jonin

Feb 2023
Reply to ToastyCroissant
Fullmetaldak said:

nah bc this is exactly how I felt. one day I wanted to read soul eater from where the anime left off bc I had a feeling that wasn't rly it. low and behold I had to read from the beginning bc so much was skewed. I want soul eater and Tokyo ghoul to get a remake ugh!!
@ToastyCroissant Yes! Tokyo Goul is another good example. Both series deserve a reboot. The Mangas were excellent, so at least we got that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2013

97 by Biisoo »»
Apr 5, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 97 Discussion

midnighteternal - Apr 19, 2012

28 by Biisoo »»
Apr 4, 4:16 AM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 62 Discussion

Skribbz1990 - Jun 12, 2009

46 by Biisoo »»
Apr 2, 2:31 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 39 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - May 11, 2008

12 by Biisoo »»
Apr 1, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Soul Eater Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Mar 22, 2010

11 by Biisoo »»
Mar 31, 4:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.