Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Dec 9, 2014 6:35 PM
Apr 2008
El Psy Congroo
Dec 11, 2014 9:36 AM

Oct 2014
I cried.

El Psy Congre
Dec 22, 2014 2:10 AM
Nov 2014
this anime is by all means a classic and one of the bests ever. it had a totally new approach toward time traveling and surpasses all the other stories with time traveling themes in my experience due to the rationale behind it, plus despite all those time leaps it still managed to be plausible and not confuse the viewer. and okabe! omg okabe! he is definitely on my most memorable characters list along with lelouch and L. i have a thing for characters with a twisted mind and psychological complexes and okabe is one that is ingeniously created. how he has created the identity of a mad scientist for himself, his eccentric and wicked laughs (amazing performance by the voice actor who btw acted as Light in death note as well, i know right!), his peculiar idiosyncrasies, all can be analyzed deeply to reveal more about his character n his life.

El Psy Congroo
Dec 22, 2014 2:39 AM
Dec 2014
VN is much much more hard hitting than the Anime. The VN is totally depressing you'll see Okabe almost become insane after seing Kurisu die for the first time.

But the Anime is simply a masterpiece. I don't think I can find another anime that can match steins gate
Huex3Dec 22, 2014 2:59 AM
Jan 1, 2015 4:14 AM

Dec 2012
10/10 masterpiece
Jan 1, 2015 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
This anime was so good, I makes me not want to move on and just rewatch it over and over and over and over again.

There are so many notable moments and it was the first show- no the first anything i've watched on a screen that has made me tear up.

I don't want to ruin any of the plot because every episode by itself is beautiful (but it does take a couple of episodes before the genre changes to a thriller)

I had to go through my past anime list and bring every rating down 1 full point to compensate for how good of a 10 this show was.

Fuck yeah anime and video game arts[/url]

Jan 1, 2015 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
El Psy Congroo.
Operation: Skuld = SUCCESS
I'm so proud of Okabe being determined and how he sacrifice in every world line. All praise the mad scientist!
So Cristina- Kurisu still remembers how he saved her. And she's surprised when she said "I'm not Cristina, and I'm also not your assistant-".
Now I know why this anime is called "masterpiece".
Jan 2, 2015 6:37 PM

Jul 2012
WOW! Steins;Gate was AMAZING!

I know fully understand why this anime was recommended to me for so long.

The plot of this anime was one of the best I have ever seen in all my years of anime watching. A masterpiece plot wise that is bar none...

I will be looking forward to the special and the movie.

~Great episode and series!!!
Jan 5, 2015 1:47 AM
Apr 2012
How I put this show off for 4 years I have no idea. Maybe because the first 10 episodes were so hard for me to get through. Now it's in the top 5 anime on my list. Great, great, great show. As he says:

"El Psy Congroo!"
Jan 12, 2015 8:23 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic ending to a fantastic series. Kurisu having memory fragments at the end was really nice. 9/10, it would've been a 10/10 if the first half wasn't so slow. But ever since Mayuri was shot the show picked up the pace like mad and became a really great series.

El Psy Congroo!
Jan 18, 2015 1:22 PM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
She remembers <3 Great ending to a great show, nothing to add
Jan 20, 2015 8:31 AM

Feb 2014
Im glad i forced myself to watch this show El Psy Congroo ! (1st time only watched 2 episodes before quiting)
Jan 22, 2015 6:49 AM

Jun 2013
I think it ended at the perfect moment. There's no montage, no kiss. They just meet, and say their usual quirky shit. Satisfying as hell.
Feb 5, 2015 5:03 PM

Nov 2012
What a great anime. The first half was slow, but it got better with every episode. the last 3 in particular made me raise my score from 8 to 9.
Feb 28, 2015 9:09 AM

Sep 2014
I'm glad everything is alright at the end, even if I expected it, I wasn't sure
if Okabe would be forced to do a heroic sacrifice or something (I'm happy he didn't).

When Okabe and Kurisu meet at the end and say their usual catchphrases,
Kurisu corrects Okabe saying that she isn't his assistant, but he didn't mention it nor
she worked as his "assistant" in this timeline.
This means Kurisu (actually every character) remembers things from the other timelines, too! Yay!

I also liked how some secondary characters with sad backstories such as Moeka and Mr Braun
end well, too. That was a nice touch. :)

LhasApsFeb 28, 2015 9:14 AM
Mar 16, 2015 2:46 PM
May 2013
WHAT A MASTERPIECE OF AN ANIME!!!! I'M SO GLAD I FINALLY SAT DOWN ND WATCHED IT!!! "IL PSY CONGROO"
Mar 17, 2015 5:42 PM

Mar 2015
I feel so... unsasiated. Positively!

I plowed through the whole series in no more than a week (and I had to restrain myself). Right now I'm in some kind of frenzy, where I can't stop watching Mayuri's tuturu videos, simultaneously wondering at some of the more mind-blowing plot points. I think I have to rewatch it all over again to figure out some of them. I was surprised that at the end, it turned out the three weeks they spent together with Kurisu were undone, that's not how I understood future Okabe's words. I still don't know how (if in any way) some timelines relate to the others, e.g. how many Suzuhas actually existed... Did her travel to 1975 occur in the Steins Gate world line?

Fortunatelly, I still haven't seen the OVA nor the movie, so I have something to look forward to! I also plan on acquiring the visual novel, I hope it explains time travel in greater detail. Anyway, its slower pace (I guess?) should help, there was no time to stop and think during the episodes.

That's a very solid 9/10 from me and some serious case of post-anime depression awaiting me. Still, it was totally worth it! :p
Mar 23, 2015 4:12 PM
Aug 2014
In the Steins;Gate worldline, no, Suzuha does not travel to 1975, as in the steins;gate worldline, she has no reason to travel back, nor is there a reason for a time machine to be built in the first place.

a_guirre said:
I also plan on acquiring the visual novel, I hope it explains time travel in greater detail. Anyway, its slower pace (I guess?) should help, there was no time to stop and think during the episodes.

Yes, the VN explains how the time travel works better.

My summary of it is the following

-The PhoneWave simulates the inside of a particle accelerator because the cellphone receiver is hooked up to the nodes of the microwave emitter. (only unbelievable part imo)

-The 42 inch CRT, which functions as the lifter, feeds electrons into the singularity that forms, causing to spin just enough that the event horizon disappears. This allows text messages to be sent back in time.

-When it gets upgraded into the Time Leap Machine, Kurisu first uses software that she developed as part of her thesis as well as a device she built to capture memories as video data.

-This video data gets sent off to the LHC at SERN's headquarters. Due to a direct connection to SERN (because Mr. Braun is the leader of a cell of Rounders), it takes very little time to do so.

-The LHC generates a micro black hole, which compresses the data due to the idea that as one approaches a black hole, space gets warped. The compressed data is sent back to the computer that the PhoneWave is hooked up to, at which point it is sent back in time using the PhoneWave's functionality.

(In this case, the reason why the larger file can be sent is because the data limit on D-Mails is time based, ie the black hole can only exist long enough to send 32 bytes of data under normal circumstances)

-The receiver picks up their phone, at which point via a weak electric current, the data is placed into the temporal lobe, and a small electric shock stimulates the "remembering" of it.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Apr 4, 2015 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
finally watched this masterpiece!
:3
Apr 10, 2015 9:53 AM

May 2012
Re-watched after recently playing the VN after watching the original airing.

Even if I knew everything that was about to happen, I couldn't help but get excited.

I also tried to spot some details that they omitted from the VN. Nothing that big to impact the story as a whole, just extra development of supporting characters (i.e. Faris, Lukako, Nae).

Nevertheless, definitely one of the best anime of all time (that I've watched lol)
Apr 10, 2015 1:47 PM
Aug 2014
Just finished my third rewatch, still as good as ever. A true masterpiece!

El. Psy. Congroo.
Apr 17, 2015 2:50 AM

Jan 2010
A fitting and happy ending for everyone! I really liked the way it ended, though there were a lot of problems and I don't exactly see this being the 'masterpiece' that people claim it to be, though to their defense, I absolutely understand why people have rated this a 10. Great story, plot/character development, and eternal weaving of details and dialogue. Though for a few episodes, the show felt a bit too much like a dating simulator game, and I felt it lost its touch for an episode or two ( mostly around the Faris and Ruka arcs, though the Suzuha and Moeka arcs pulled me right back in).

I am really happy, however, with the fact that Mayuri and Kurisu both survived. I know a lot of people preferred Kurisu, but I personality liked Mayuri better. When we consider that Okabe knew Kurisu for three weeks, and knew Mayuri for years and years, it's obvious that they were basically family. Brother and sister. A completely unbreakable bond. And to me, that's more important than romantic love. So seeing Okabe fight for Mayuri's life was super satisfying (especially because he fought for it while void of romantic emotions. yay for platonic bff relationships!!). But saving them both was such a difficult outcome, and yet he continued to fight!

El Psy Congroo! 9/10.
Apr 22, 2015 8:19 AM
Dec 2011
10/10... okay so mayuri's love for okabe is like a friend i am fine with that now,,, and okabe finally get a happy ending with kurisu awesome :3
Apr 24, 2015 10:48 PM
Dec 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
moonlightmde said:

are you a genius?? ...
Wow! I AM HAPPY! Someone has read my theory and benefited from it.

Damn happy! :D My family are geniuses of PhD. I have health problems so I went down. Sry, beautiful mind but weak constitution so to speak. In this case it&#039;s health.

The beauty of my theory is Makise/Okabe souls and the search for their possible origin. Guess I was right. Mayuri again was remembering of Makise without any help from sharing Reading Steiner. That might be the 2nd proof that unlike Ruka/Feyris, Mayuri has the Reading Steiner already. Just she really keeps a lot inside,. most likely in the past she got too much in shit for using her powers. Who knows if she went through the shit as Okabe.

We have no way to check. It would be nice to tell more of that 20% not translated from the VN. That part is what I need to prove if my theory has any sense to ther world of Steins Gate.

i read your theory and it makes sense but here you said "the beauty of my theory is makise/okabe souls and the search for their possible origin" you meant to say "mayuri/okabe right ??? :3 your theory is good.... great job.. and like you i think mayuri's love for okabe is way deep! i thought i was only one who noticed mayuri loves okabe ! glad there is some one else tooo :3
Apr 26, 2015 5:21 AM

Nov 2014
Cavalier said:
I JUST.... THEY MET AGAIN ;;___;; i&#039;m so happy.
I'm so happy they met again as well, you should watch the OVA if you haven't already =) and El Psy Congroo.
May 2, 2015 11:25 PM

Jun 2012
What a cool guy haha, he did it after all that pain and suffering.
well, that finished my marathon rewatch of one of my favorite series, wow how much I forgot. Don't have as many feels, it'll never be the same as the first time. . but I am still very impressed and happy to have rewatched it.

May 4, 2015 5:42 PM

Aug 2014
The microwave teleportate, D-mail, time machine, level of convergence, the different time lines of history, all the members of the laboratory, the insignia of everyone, Suzuha's dad, El Psy Congroo! & Steins Gate... All these facts are a complement of a fantastic anime witch is very SUGOI!
PS: Mad Scientists are the best of best incredible's crazy people in all time... ^.^
Maloween 2017
Main Candies
May 7, 2015 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
Didn't expect Okabe to survive after the stab but I'm happy he did (≧▽≦)
Daru still left clueless about who his wife will be xD
Glad he also managed to save Kurisu.
Many great moments during this series, definitely 10/10 in my book.
Happy end BEST END!!!!

El Psy Congroo
May 18, 2015 9:20 AM

Apr 2015
S;G worldline, aka 1.084596%, where the attractor field was fooled with Kurisu's death. At first I had doubts that it was Okabe himself that killed Kurisu. Well, didn't see THAT one coming. Pretty amazing. Best part for me is, not surprising, the many parts where Okabe has been jumping through many worldlines just to prevent their deaths. As stated, Mayuri dies in any 0.xxxxxx% worldline, while Kurisu dies at any 1.xxxxxx%.

There's too many El Psy Congroo in this thread. SOOOO instead

BANANA? BANANA!? BANA~NAA~~!

edit @ above: no, he'll never die in this worldline (at this point of time where they try to fake Kurisu's death). the attractor field will prevent Okabe's death. I actually searched some source where Mayuri just "foolishly" died (as in: no murderer for her anywhere) as if strings were cut by the attractor field.
kidlat020May 22, 2015 2:57 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
May 24, 2015 4:25 PM
Feb 2014
Masterpiece!

El. Psy. Congroo.
May 25, 2015 3:43 AM

May 2013
Can't believe the journey is over. I can see why the series is ranked so high on the site now
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Jun 1, 2015 2:19 PM
Jan 2015
Hi guys. I'd just finished the anime last night. It was awesome. The plotline is really great although it's far from logic. I had noticed a relevance between ep 24 and ep 1 . I really think the scream from ep 1 was Okabe's ( the Okabe from ep 24 when he pierced himself to have the bloodpool for Kurisu ) for the Okabe in ep 1 to mistook her as dead and stabbed . I'm kind of confused right now ..... about how in the world was the first D-mail sent causing Kurisu to not recognize Okabe in ep 2. I'd love to see a discussion regarding my topic. So if anyone would like to share their ideas/opinion/facts regarding this topic, feel free to do so :)
Thanks for reading ^^

El Psy Congroo.
Jun 1, 2015 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
PhiShadow said:
I'm kind of confused right now ..... about how in the world was the first D-mail sent causing Kurisu to not recognize Okabe in ep 2.
Do you mean how she didn't recognize him even after seeing him before he used the taser on her?
Well, first, it's not necessarily the same event, as the world line in ep1 and the one in ep24 are not the same, just very similar. Okabe's scream could have been him stabbing Kurisu accidentally, or stabbing himself, or just screaming because for some reason he failed to save her.
But in either case, she doesn't remember him "later" because the world line changed. After the first d-mail she won't recognize him, because the shift rewrites her memory, since the whole conference wasn't even held in the radio building due to the time machine crashing into the building (which all due to the first d-mail) and she can't remember an accident that "didn't happen" :)
Jun 2, 2015 6:31 AM

May 2011
I can't believe it took me this long to finish the series. I started it years ago but dropped it after 2 episodes because I thought it was boring. What a mistake that was! This has become one of my favorite anime series of all time! I already watched the OVA and movie as well because I just couldn't stop the S;G marathon I was on.

My only regret now is that nothing else I watch will be this good. Hopefully the next Steins;Gate series meets the bar that this one set.
Jun 3, 2015 12:23 PM

Jul 2009
9/10!
It was really great, in the until episode 5 if was a bit boring...but it got better and full of surprises!
One of them were Okabe and Kurisu, I thought that he liked Mayuri more than just as a childhood friend and I wish they could be together, was so sad when she was dying over and over again...I like Kurisu she is great, just that I thought it would be that way....
I was also thinking that maybe Suzu is Mayuri's daughter, since it was not clear in this end.
Nice they were able to save everyone, I really liked "Butterfly effect" movie and this was like the movie, chaos theory.
Jun 4, 2015 2:20 AM

Jul 2014
bittersweetlove said:
9/10!
I was also thinking that maybe Suzu is Mayuri's daughter, since it was not clear in this end.

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Jun 6, 2015 7:43 PM

Apr 2009
It's funny how I came to watch this anime at the same time I was reading the Seth Material. It's a series of channeled textes that talk about time, parallel lives, alternative universes and dimensiosn. I think this anime and the Seth books share similar concepts.
Jun 7, 2015 9:42 AM

Jan 2015
At first when okabe was passing kurisu I thought they weren't going to notice each other. I cried at the end more than when I saw mufasa die for the first time. Well done steins gate
Jun 10, 2015 12:20 AM
Jun 22, 2015 8:28 PM

Nov 2014
One of my favorite shows I have ever watched. 10/10

I'm so glad Kurisu and Okabe Reunite. Tears were brought to my eyes. Brilliant.

El Psy Congroo
Hi there
Jun 30, 2015 3:38 AM

Jan 2013
I love every character in this anime, especially Suzuha (I didn't like her that much at the beginning)
I'm still wondering who the mother is :0

9/10
kuudere-ishJun 30, 2015 3:41 AM
Jul 2, 2015 10:32 PM

Jan 2015
I loved it!!! Hououin Kyouma!! Can't wait for the sequel!!
ResonanceJul 5, 2015 1:28 PM
Jul 14, 2015 6:15 PM

Feb 2013
(rewatching)

He changed the established past by buying the metal Upa. Oops! Cheater!

Score is unchanged after rewatching. 7/10 This is a "good" anime.
Jul 15, 2015 6:57 PM
Dec 2013
I can't believe I didn't watch this show earlier. I missed out because that was fantastic, so picturesque and perfect for an ending.
Jul 27, 2015 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
Don't think I'll binge watch a show again for a while...

Still my favorite series that got me into anime, maybe 9/10 now?, nah still 10/10 relative to the other stuff I've watched. Should be based on first impression.

I like Suzuha a lot more after this rewatch.

Time to get through the VN...way too long.
ninja88880Jul 27, 2015 11:16 AM
Jul 30, 2015 3:16 PM

Mar 2014
I should play the VN

8/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 3, 2015 3:40 AM

Oct 2010
Eh this was a good anime. I liked the ending, made you feel all good and warm inside :)
Aug 8, 2015 1:23 PM

May 2015
Amazing. Just purely amazing. El Psy Congroo.
Aug 10, 2015 12:43 AM
Feb 2015
I loved the finale, and the show overall. Steins;Gate is now a new favorite. (9/10)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 14, 2015 4:25 PM
Aug 2015
I have a few questions.

When kurisu in which timeline it was, what makes her host a conference? Was she going to have one but died in the other timelines killed my okabe or her dad?

if suzuha doesnt crash into building, the meeting is cancelled and kurisu's dad never meets with kurisu? And she lives and has her conference, but her dad doesn't get the papers, but kurisu still makes the time machine in that 3 week span? Or was Kurisu going to give him the papers and then her dad kills her anyways?
but if suzuha doesnt crash, kurisu dies and her dad still gets the paper, but the plastic upa gets the paper destroyed so changing the upa stops ww3 while faking her death stops her dad from killing her?
jstnwooAug 14, 2015 4:28 PM
Pages (37) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Apr 30, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.