Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2008 9:17 PM

Jan 2008
Zero no Tsukaima Season 3 :)

I would have to say the first episode was very good. I throughly enjoyed it. I don't think I have to say it - but the beginning was a bit unexpected! Gosh, it almost happened, too bad Seista had to walk in and ruin the moment~ XD

This third season is full of a lot of surprises, I wasn't expecting the runes on Saito's hand to disappear and for him not be Louise's familiar. The introduction of new characters was done well and smoothly and I'm looking forward to learning more about the void mages which weren't talked about too much in the first two seasons.

And well, good to see that the amount of ecchi has reduced and that Saito doesn't go after every girl he sees!~ As for Louise, Louise is Louise and I feel she hasn't changed as much. Although I could do without the random angry outbursts that she unleashes on Saito... O_0

Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ seems promising :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Jul 8, 2008 2:46 AM
Jun 2007
Not a bad episode but Louise is starting to get a bit annoying and too me Saito and Louise don't make a good couple.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2008 3:15 AM

Oct 2007
ninjakittenx said:

OH-> opening song, i personally really enjoyed it. Upbeat ICHIKO as usual! :D The animation was outstanding in my opinion, and the ending I think was much better then last season, I just could not stand an episode ending with sadness/tears/suspence and have "STUPID DOG" suddenly be yelled, @__@; anywho, enough of my rambling!

I also very much preferred the ED theme this time round because I couldn't even stand listening to that STUPID DOG one at all. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2008 6:07 AM
Apr 2008
Metroid_Ex said:
Season 1 Saito = One of my favorite characters
Season 2 Saito = One of my least favorite characters, I hated him. He as butchered. Turned into a sick pervert.
Season 3 Saito = So far so good, didn't see him looking at other girls in a dirty way.

Well that's a step up I guess.
All in all the episode was great, but I'm keeping my expectations for the season low so I won't be disappointed.

I'll only be satisfied if A) Saito gets pissed, and goes nuts, or B) Louise grievously injures Saito and regrets it.

Yeah that would be cool.
Purple_GrenadierJul 8, 2008 6:11 AM
Jul 8, 2008 6:39 AM
Jun 2008
If you want to watch it SUBBED, watch it in here :http://www.crunchyroll.com/media-393352/Zero-no-Tsukaima-Princesses-no-Rondo-Episode-1.html

You have to register first, but it's free.!!! Enjoy the first episode!!! I'm waiting for the ep 2 to be uploaded in crunchyroll !!!!!!!!
Jul 8, 2008 10:39 AM

Jul 2008
sevenf said:
This was so fail. I feel that Louise is getting more annoying every minute. The ending of the episode was also uber banal.

I disagree about this being "so fail", the show itself has a good flow and direction. Also, it has continued from where it left off and has stayed in keeping with continuity. Louise is also the same as always, so unless you missed the last two seasons I can't see how she is getting more annoying.

On the other hand, I cannot disagree about the ending. As you said, it was uber banal. Although I defended the show previously for being within step and line of the last seasons, that is also one of the points I feel this show is starting to feel like, in quoting the lyrics of Aerosmith, "same old song and dance" in regards to the ending of the episode.

Not saying the show didn't progress at all, it did. The tension throughout the show, the plot twists and such were all well placed and enjoyable. Also, like mentioned, the whole cast is back and it looks to be an interesting story. But this felt like a great meal followed by a rancid dessert. I really could have lived without much of the way the ending flowed. A few exploding Saito scenes is one thing, but the placement of it at this point of the episode seemed rushed for comedy moment, insincere and out of flow of an episode that was doing so well.

I feel that, in my opinion, they could have saved this gag for the next episode as to not interrupt the serious relationship and story arc that this episode established.

Purple_Grenadier said:
Season 3 Saito = So far so good, didn't see him looking at other girls in a dirty way.

Wait till they add more scenes with the elf. I am more than sure this will change.
LensFlaredAwayJul 8, 2008 10:42 AM
Jul 8, 2008 10:42 AM

Apr 2008
Loved it. 10 + for Saito almost getting lucky.
Jul 8, 2008 1:24 PM

Feb 2008
I have to be honest, I was expecting a bit more. The opening song was poop and the ending song was more poop. And what was that home girl Siesta doing walking in on that o.O I'd kill her. Long story short, I'm sure it'll get better. I mean it has to, Louise is so cute ^^!

Gave the episode a 4, wanted to give a 5 but that wouldn't have been honest.
She's a super weirdo, but if she was standing there quietly you'd never know.
Jul 8, 2008 1:26 PM

Feb 2008
rybar120 said:
Not a bad episode but Louise is starting to get a bit annoying and too me Saito and Louise don't make a good couple.

You must be touched in the head...
She's a super weirdo, but if she was standing there quietly you'd never know.
Jul 8, 2008 3:40 PM
Jun 2007
... I'm not saying that Saito's gay and Louise is one of my favourite characters... they just dont look good together.
Moderator Edit: Signature deleted. Please re-read the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2008 4:28 PM

Nov 2007
Smasher said:
Some development on the SaitoxLouise pairing, I loved how he was getting pushy at the end! He really would like to tap that ass. :-P
Roflmao!
Anywho, I really liked how it started. As quoted before "damn maid". Watching this has made me want to watch season 1 and 2 again (I forgot a lot of what happened, spent the first 10 minutes trying to remember all that happened)
Jul 9, 2008 1:16 AM

Apr 2008
Great episode! Saito was great. Louise wants to stay a vergin for ever or somthing? Oh who knows, Saito's a player!

I loved every minute of this episode. It was worth the wait hope they can keep this up!:)
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"
Jul 9, 2008 3:34 AM

Jan 2008
That was a pretty decent start for a brand new season. XD
Jul 9, 2008 9:57 AM

Mar 2008
Interesting beginning. The new opening is great. The whole episode was excellent, can't wait to see Tiffania in ep 2 ^^
Jul 10, 2008 8:43 AM
Jul 2007
OMGOMGOMGOMG ZERO IS BACK :)))))))))) I CANT WAIT TO SEE THE SEASON :pppp
Jul 10, 2008 9:32 AM
Jul 2007
HAHA that was a nice starting episode. i loved it. lol at the end at the preview of the next episode its my idea or saito is gona have as his familiar the elf that saved him ..... ahahahhaha poor luise i cant wait to see her reaction :))))))))))
Jul 10, 2008 2:02 PM

Jul 2007
Great start!, this season looks very promising after a somewhat disappointing 2nd season.
Jul 10, 2008 3:59 PM
Mar 2008
Loved it, cant believe saito turned down nobiliy. he just had to mention the elf's breast size, hasnt he learned yet that anything like that pisses off louise
Jul 11, 2008 5:03 AM

Apr 2008
First half of Ep - moderate interest. Another void user. Expected/10.5
Second half - k.

Weren't they married? Seriously? Did everyone just forget? Wouldn't this make him a noble through marriage.
Jul 11, 2008 7:02 AM

May 2008
the long wait paid off, it absolutely did not disappoint!

Jul 11, 2008 7:15 AM
Apr 2008
Lurebreaker said:

Weren't they married? Seriously? Did everyone just forget? Wouldn't this make him a noble through marriage.

I don't know what title Louise has, but a man who marries a Lady does not become a Lord.(but a woman who marries a Lord becomes a Lady)
Jul 11, 2008 10:12 AM

Oct 2007
Loved the episode, was finally able to settle my Zero no Tsukaima urges...for about 5 minutes....

NOW I NEED TO SEE EPISODE 2!!! RAAAAAAAWR!
Jul 11, 2008 10:39 AM

Jun 2007
Redeemed this series from season 2, easy. Less fanservice and more development/character is the way to go.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jul 11, 2008 10:49 AM

Jun 2008
Torisunanohokori said:
Redeemed this series from season 2, easy. Less fanservice and more development/character is the way to go.

Yeah. The next episode has the elf though, fanservice and Saito whipping imminent.
Jul 11, 2008 5:10 PM

Jan 2007
I certainly enjoyed this episode. It looked good, and i really like how we're getting into the void stuff.

I <3 how Tabitha blushed in the OP.
Jul 11, 2008 10:27 PM

Jun 2007
pretty decent start. I like how this series is centered more around Louise and Saito starting to act as a real couple. I was getting sick of all the abusive repetitive jokes from the first two series so its nice to see them actually acting like a real couple now...well for the most part.

Second, I'm happy how they tried to bring some closure to unanswered questions from the first two seasons. For example how they said the war ended. I'm still pretty disappointed that other major plots from the last two seasons are still missing and unsolved. For example the ring for the lady of the lake.

Overall I think this series if gonna be pretty good. I'm hopping Saito and Louise progress more romantically as the series goes on.
Jul 11, 2008 11:27 PM

Aug 2007
Poor Saito. He just wants some lovin (at night)
Jul 11, 2008 11:46 PM

Aug 2007
At least they're finally being a little honest with each other. This looks like it could be better than S2 but not as good as S1, but its really hard to judge from just one episode. Overall a good first episode.
Jul 12, 2008 5:51 AM

Apr 2008
does anybody know when the next episode is released?
Jul 12, 2008 10:00 AM
Dec 2007
Exactly the same as season 1 & 2. But I think that Louise is getting more irritating as the story unfolds, she was particularly awful this episode. Oh, and the letter in French was SO off, nothing made sense, I'm pretty sure they used babelfish to translate that.

At some point, I expected Saito to fuck Louise, then bang the princess/Agnès and go on with every girl in the show, but I remembered that it was Zero no Tsukaima and not School Days, so we'll have to watch 13 episodes of platonic relationship with (artificial) hardships and reconciliations between a noble tsundere with no character development whatsoever and a basic young harem male character to finish on a pseudo-happy ending with a new victory over the big boss Joseph and maybe - maybe - a kiss. Hmmm, I'm dissapointed.

Still it's Zero no Tsukaima, a good and entertaining series, just to watch once and discard afterwards, nothing less, nothing more and it knows exactly how to do just that.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 12, 2008 1:56 PM
Oct 2007
Yay, the plot is going somewhere! I hope the rest of the series will be this good. Will continue watching. Louise x Saito = <3
Jul 12, 2008 5:19 PM

Jan 2008
i think Louise grew more beautiful than ever..

i really like the first part.. they are soo lovey-dovey.. i wish they would continue it soon.. LOL..

i really missed the characters soo much. i had a nice feeling after watching this episode.. hooray for the 3rd season.. i hope it would get better..
Jul 13, 2008 11:46 PM
Mar 2008
The ending of the OP was funny. Does it remind you guys of Cpt. Falcon from SSBB?
Jul 14, 2008 6:43 PM

Aug 2007
It was alright. Deja vu: more of Saito getting blown up by Louise, more of Louise getting angry at Saito for no particular reason. Yadda Yadda. :|

3/5 from me.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Jul 15, 2008 12:03 PM
May 2008
Certainly a good and promising start to the 3rd season.
Jul 15, 2008 12:32 PM

Mar 2008
Oh lord. My sad. It is huge.

Incredibly predictable episode. All this blabbing about 'Don't leave me!' and 'Leave me alone!'.
I really hope they'll add some amusement to this season or I'll end up disappointed, and very much so. I still have hopes though, the first season was good and the second one so-so.

Metroid_Ex said:
Season 2 Saito = One of my least favorite characters, I hated him. He as butchered. Turned into a sick pervert.

Oh yes, what the ass was that about? If they do that again I'll get really nasty with the scores of this season. It ruined this anime so.
WinterNightsFall said:
It was alright. Deja vu: more of Saito getting blown up by Louise, more of Louise getting angry at Saito for no particular reason. Yadda Yadda. :|

3/5 from me.

Ditto. Sums it up pretty well.
Jul 17, 2008 12:26 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yay, SS-Eclipse goodness!

Episode was alright, I enjoyed seeing those two again and say what you want, they seem closer than they did in then last season. Even if it wasn't much that changed. I don't really like the music so far but I enjoyed the episode. They seem to focus on other things the last season lacked so I'm satisfied with this first episode. Looking forward to more of course.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 18, 2008 8:30 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode. The ending was going pretty well (rape time! xD), but I hated that it in the same old tsundere way =/
Jul 19, 2008 1:46 AM

Jan 2008
cyruz said:
Yay, SS-Eclipse goodness!
+1

Good start to the season, a bit of romance, a bit of action, a bit of drama and a bit of tsundere Louise doing what she does best.
Jul 19, 2008 8:01 AM

Sep 2007
A great episode. Though a lot happened all at once in this episode it wasn't stifling. Looking forward to more.
Jul 20, 2008 7:11 PM

Apr 2007
Awesome start!
Not to mention that we've got an SS-Eclipse epic combo!

Jul 31, 2008 7:02 AM

Jul 2008
I just watched the first two seasons and have finished up to ep 3 of the current one but really it's the first episode I wanted to comment on.

What happened to getting married? I thought that was suppose to have meant something to the characters? You'd think that at the moment in your life when you wish to marry someone you would think of them as at least your equal? Or even of the same species.

I do like the series but I am tired of the stagnant relationships. How many times do those two need to swear to each other before they start acting like a couple who has sworn to each other?

I was so hopeful the first couple times it happened that I had found a series where the two main characters would form something more then a frustrating joke for 26 episodes. Oh well. *sighs*

Kind regards
Sidoen

Jul 31, 2008 11:37 AM

Feb 2008
I wondered about the marriage as well :\ You'd think that would work as a contract eh?

Anyway, Louise <3
Good start.
Sep 20, 2008 9:46 AM

Feb 2008
Ahaha! I've enjoyed it a bit. It's a decent start for a new season! Yeah! ^^

But anyways, there are too many ecchi parts in this season. LOL!

The very very first part of the episode is so epic; wow! HE CAN'T STAND IT!

ROCK IT BABY!
Sep 24, 2008 10:39 PM

May 2008
Great episode, but I really lol'ed at:

"I hope Saito notices my explosion!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1sS1TmXF38
Sep 30, 2008 7:09 PM

Jun 2007
yay, i finally was able to see this after such a long while after downloading it.

sad to see the way eclipse-ss named louise francoise lu bland de la valliere
i actually thought they were going to stick with le blanc
i gotta say, it was so nice to see one of my favourite tsunderes back, and now in upscaled HD :)
saito seems more confident now... and... he seems like he wants more out of louise xD
twist about saito losing his runes... we'll see what happens next.
nice to see saito fight without gandarf powers.
and chevallier.... huh
interesting to see the brain of god now
and at the end... it was nice to see the tsuntsun side of louise kick in again :)
Oct 9, 2008 5:00 PM

Jun 2007
Most people seemed to love this episode, but I'm not sure. It looks like more of the same as season 2. I was hoping for an improvement. But there is still plenty of time for this series to win me over, so I'll just wait and see.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Dec 5, 2008 11:49 AM
Jun 2008
I liked the first episode, but I was expecting more.
Jan 19, 2009 10:50 PM

Jun 2008
This was almost a good episode, but those damn writers can't resist having the same ending again and again.

Seriously, the whole time, I was thinking "whoa, this is way better than the last two seasons", and then...oh no, they had to do that again. So lame D: I think the biggest problem with this series is that the characters aren't changing much. The problems still arise because they're not open about their relationship...as in, Saito is enjoying the harem too much and Louise is the biggest tsundere EVER, so nothing is changing. It's up to this season to fix that. If it does what it should and meets my expectations, it'll be awesome.

Oh, but the opening is the best so far I think. Also lmao, she's finally given up on calling Saito a dog. Water flea rofl...now I understand that reference in Toradora.
GrmoJan 19, 2009 10:59 PM
Feb 2, 2009 1:40 AM

Jul 2008
Yes quite the same ending, just when I thought Saito was going to get some and Louise would be all quiet, reserved and cute. Didn't happen though. Oh, well this episode was enjoyable enough, the series is sure to deliver more ZnT goodness.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Censored_Vagina - Aug 10, 2008

82 by LadyLeeMing »»
Mar 15, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

218 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:41 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princesses no Rondo~ Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 8, 2008

64 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:55 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Aug 25, 2008

91 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 29, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima ~Princess no Rondo~ Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 3, 2008

113 by Comander-07 »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.