Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 30, 2011 8:07 PM

Aug 2009
Great episode. Cried when Okabe went back to the original timeline and was acting like a mad scientist again. Also, will Okabe never be able to go help Kurisu with her dad? :(
Aug 30, 2011 8:18 PM
Aug 30, 2011 8:26 PM
Nov 2008
DragonsWhip said:
W-wait, then who was Okabe's first kiss with?

spoiler for visual novel
Aug 30, 2011 8:40 PM

Jul 2007
animelly said:
WWIII? First time today that I checked if there's anything after the ending song for this anime.

Well this is not exactly surprising.

Titor of OUR world also claimed to have come to stop World War 3 from happening(which would tear apart most of USA into warring states and pretty much set the world into wasteland).

Undoing the emails, we went back to that titor and that timeline.

Can't wait for next episode to see what happens and how this all ends. Not to mention Yay we will finally see this world's Suzuha.

also people:
rewatch episode 1 of this show like right now. Might give an idea on where this might go. It certainly gave and idea to me and it certainly would explain a lot of things that STILL do not make sense in first episode
Aug 30, 2011 8:41 PM
Mar 2009
Kurisu...waaa... kurisu...noooo!!! XD I can't see Okarin like that XD but I'm sure that suzuha will help him with something XD!!! But....why....kissing, love confession and...she just vanishes from everybody memories XD and... wasn't kurisu supposed to be part from SERN from suzuha's point of view???? something here is pretty annoying... the worst part is waiting for a whole week to know what's next...but, right now, I think we must stop crying...
Aug 30, 2011 9:01 PM

Nov 2008
Well my question was answered after watching this episode XDD

I was wondering why Suzuha time traveled in the beta world line. She doesn't have to travel back to change the future but now its clear. Its for a different cause this time.

PS: The ending really feels like a movie trailer XDD -prepares popcorn-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 30, 2011 9:03 PM

Jun 2007
Misheru-hime said:
Kurisu...waaa... kurisu...noooo!!! XD I can't see Okarin like that XD but I'm sure that suzuha will help him with something XD!!! But....why....kissing, love confession and...she just vanishes from everybody memories XD and... wasn't kurisu supposed to be part from SERN from suzuha's point of view???? something here is pretty annoying... the worst part is waiting for a whole week to know what's next...but, right now, I think we must stop crying...

I'm guessing that's what the next episode will be about. This beta world's Kurisu was the one with SERN. Suzuha was probably the one that stabbed her. Next episode may explain that to us since Suzuha is obviously back to prevent the future war from happening. What I want to know is what will happen if Kurisu survives...will the line diverge again causing Mayuri to die again?
Aug 30, 2011 9:19 PM

Jan 2009
LadyOrihime said:

shiromegami said:
lukas250 said:
Oh, what the hell, here's my guess...

I hope I'm wrong though, or I'd have spoiled myself...

youre nearly as crazy as okarin

I'm going to go on the fact you spoiled it and this IS what happens. Also the last time he sees Kurisu in episode 1 before death he says "The next time we meet we will be enemies" SO FML On 999 different levels since im a diehard kurisu fan. OH SH*T BRAIN BLAST

OH I JUST CHECKED

THIS is speculation that i believe to be true.
kokopuffs591Aug 30, 2011 9:24 PM
Aug 30, 2011 9:42 PM

Oct 2010
LadyOrihime said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Like everyone says the thing with Suzuha could be a original ending where I see Okabe either going into the future to finish off SERN or do something to cut them out in the present like invading their HQ. It's possible the last 2 episodes may outdo the VN if the action is EPIC.

Watch out VN people, you may get impressed.

Yumekichi11 said:
Confirmed but not impossible to change a few things in it to make it more EPIC like putting in action and stuff. That makes whether True Ending into an Original Ending. Perhaps it may be so to some.

No thanks. Okabe is a Mado Scientisto, not an action hero XD
Yeah I know but that those not meant he can't pull out guts when it needs to be.
kaimax said:
MorningGlory said:
kusushi said:

can't wait next. she's gonna come back.
Suzuha the warrior.

freedom fighter vs warrior
Suzuha in beta is much more cool
She's Older too.
But still really cool. I loved that flashback of hers and how she looked like hence the pic but she still can kick ass no problem! She looks like a G.I. Jane!
kenken55 said:
DragonsWhip said:

spoiler for visual novel
And that is exactly why I liked and wanted to have Mayuri kiss him this time. That's why Mayuri will be always #1, because of that first kiss and what she took she took.
Fai said:
also people:
rewatch episode 1 of this show like right now. Might give an idea on where this might go. It certainly gave and idea to me and it certainly would explain a lot of things that STILL do not make sense in first episode
I will try but still busy on my side. I will try, it looks like it is becoming important.
kokopuffs591 said:
I'm going to go on the fact you spoiled it and this IS what happens. Also the last time he sees Kurisu in episode 1 before death he says "The next time we meet we will be enemies" SO FML On 999 different levels since im a diehard kurisu fan. OH SH*T BRAIN BLAST
I can go with that from the conversation of Makise being given but that other man and time machine. I know who it is.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 30, 2011 9:46 PM

Apr 2008
Nooo......Kurisu ><
Okarin could nearly hear Kurisu confess her feeling before the world line was changed T_T
Aug 30, 2011 9:57 PM

Oct 2010
Here is my take on it in point format:
  • Looks like the red life line of Makise is back in the spoiler
    I am still puzzled as to what its meaning exactly is.

• Blood leaking in the spoiler
    is total WTF. Could be Makise may be stabbed in front of Okabe this time? At least the reveal part of the person who did it with a strange file folder..... why I wonder what it means "sarcasm" cause I know the answer exactly! The gear spinning is interesting to see what it means exactly.

• From the looks of the fuzzy stuff in the spoiler
    folks! I think we have our Okabe within the reaches of Steins Gate itself. Now if they could include some crazy guardian of that Gate from Saturn would be amazing but I know they would not wild like that. /shot!
The preview looks really exciting and since it's the episode before the last one, it looks really promising.

Aug 30, 2011 10:01 PM

Oct 2007
Mayuri may have been saved but it looks and feels like epic loss, all in all I never felt like Mayuri was a strong character...maybe she's meant to be lost in time *evil heh*. I sense a lot of hesitation, regret, and denial just to cross that 1%. I mean that loud speech after crossing the 1% barrier, that's remorseful denial, not a victory. If Okabe's already numb from all the Mayuri deaths, why open up a new wound like losing the one you love o.O ...sadist!
Aug 30, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2008
I'm just to say this SERN doesn't have anything related with the True end.. and kill all the new Kurisu is with SERN in the Beta Worldline speculations.

In the Beta Worldline they don't have any "reason" to go gung-ho and kill people for knowledge. They're basically back to being "nerds in a lab".
kaimaxAug 30, 2011 10:16 PM

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Aug 30, 2011 10:12 PM

Aug 2010
IM GOING NUTS!!!! IM JUST ECSTATIC!!! i barely can stop screaming! this episode was AMAZING so much happened and it feels so depressing that Kurisu actually had to die but at least they had their farewell kiss so I'm a little glad now :]

So Mayuri actually knew what was going on?? or at least she had a hunch but still something feels wrong especially for that ending what the hell WWIII?!?!

GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT EPISODE!!! I may actually bang my head against the wall D:
Aug 30, 2011 10:23 PM

Feb 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
I think we have our Okabe within the reaches of Steins Gate itself. Now if they could include some crazy guardian of that Gate from Saturn would be amazing but I know they would not wild like that.

What is it with you and Saturn? Not hating, it just intrigues me. What does Saturn have to do with Steins Gate?
Aug 30, 2011 10:30 PM
Aug 2011
Mattymcg112 said:
It's wierd. 21 episodes and 22 is the first time I decide to watch the ending song. Good thing I did!

Exactly! They must have mind controlled us to make it happen.
Aug 30, 2011 10:47 PM

Aug 2010
kenken55 said:
DragonsWhip said:

spoiler for visual novel

didnt okabe also technically kissed shining finger while struggling to get her phone ._.? or did my memory fail me lulz
anyways okabe x kurisu episode was brilliant, an episode of pure okabe x kurisu :D
i almost teared up when kurisu reappeared again at the end and when okabe's lab coat didnt have the pink stiches T__T
and wow world war III and suzuha returns :3
10/10 in my book
Aug 30, 2011 10:50 PM

Oct 2010
RedMage23 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I think we have our Okabe within the reaches of Steins Gate itself. Now if they could include some crazy guardian of that Gate from Saturn would be amazing but I know they would not wild like that.

What is it with you and Saturn? Not hating, it just intrigues me. What does Saturn have to do with Steins Gate?
It's a theory I came up with upon investigating Saturn and its mystical nature. Apparently it is the Planet that is governed by a God that is master of space and time. He has many names depending on the culture. It is also believed that is why in Steins Gate it is shown constantly on the calendar IMO. That's all really. It's a constant mystical reference.

Aug 30, 2011 10:54 PM

Aug 2007
bakuramariks said:
DragonsWhip said:

Moeka. Poor guy.
*tries not to burst laughing*
Oh yes, thanks for the reminder. Haha, poor him. I was probably so traumatised by the event that I forgot ;P
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Aug 30, 2011 10:55 PM

Feb 2010
OMG Kurisu...
I just imagine what Okabe is feeling... T_T
I Freaking love this anime.
Aug 30, 2011 11:01 PM

Jun 2011
Those Radio Hall and kissing scenes. Great adapation. It's much emotional than the VN. But I hoped that they mend Kurisu route with Mayuri's one. Okabe told Mayuri the truth and they rush to Akihabara station to catch up with Kurisu. Mayuri hugs Kurisu and cries that she's useless and feels terribly sorry for Kurisu's sacrifice. Kurisu smiles and says it can't help, and that she wishes her happiness with Okabe. After the shift to Beta Worldline, when Okabe and Mayuri walk by the Radio Hall, Mayuri suddenly feels that there was a close friend of her said he/she wishes her happiness, and wonders who that might be. Okabe is shock that she "recalls" the past events. Then with a bittersweet feeling, Okabe says it's probably God. Mayuri reaches out to the sky like she always does and says "Thank you". Now that's one hell of a touching scene. And I hoped they use the song Butterfly of Fate instead of Gate of Steiner as the ending theme.
Aug 30, 2011 11:02 PM

Oct 2008
This episode was... breathtaking.
Music was top notch. The episode did not once lose my attention.
Chalk full of emotion. To have such a beautiful declaration love to only be torn apart.
2011 must be the year of legendary anime.

I can honestly give it one of the highest honours I can possibly give.
Episode 22 of Steins Gate was the closest any anime has gotten to the legendary level of Madoka episode 10.

OmniknightAug 30, 2011 11:06 PM
Aug 30, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
Omg... I still could believe what I just saw lol. And to think that Okabe wanted a second kiss... Pretty bold of him LOL

<3 this.
Aug 30, 2011 11:19 PM

Sep 2009
Kurisu T.T

can't wait for the next eps

and okaeri suzuha
Aug 30, 2011 11:20 PM

Jun 2010
Omniknight said:
This episode was... breathtaking.
Music was top notch. The episode did not once lose my attention.
Chalk full of emotion. To have such a beautiful declaration love to only be torn apart.
2011 must be the year of legendary anime.

I can honestly give it one of the highest honours I can possibly give.
Episode 22 of Steins Gate was the closest any anime has gotten to the legendary level of Madoka episode 10.

Same here. The feelings I got from this episode, were exactly like how I felt when I watched Madoka episode 10. 2011 sure is shaping up to be a great year for anime.

Steins;Gate, if it ends well, will also probably become one of my top favorites.
Aug 30, 2011 11:31 PM

Apr 2011
Steins;Gate is my favorite anime of the year and easily on my Top 10 of all time ... what an emotional wringer, saying goodbye to Kurisu just as he realizes she's the one he's in love with. :'( I don't understand why he chooses to save Mayuri instead of her, if she's the one he truly loves. I don't see him and Mayushii as a couple, but maybe things are different in the beta worldline, where Okarin never acquired his 'harem'.

Of course 'Who do I save' isn't the same as 'Who am I in love with', necessarily ...

I honestly got a little faked out by the sequence before the end credits. I had no idea where they were going to go from here ... everything seemed wrapped up pretty nice and tidy. Then I watch the ED, the hourglass DOESN'T come back together, and then Daru gets a call :D

World War III you say? Fucking EPIC. Wonder how Okarin'll pull this one off, especially without the Time Leap, the IBN or the D-Mail. And with only two episodes to do it in, too ... to say nothing of figuring out a way to save both Mayuri and Kurisu, if such a path even exists.
Aug 30, 2011 11:43 PM

Sep 2010
Well it was bound to happen...
Aug 31, 2011 12:23 AM
May 2011
A bit too much romance for my taste, but a great episode nonetheless.
Aug 31, 2011 12:23 AM

Aug 2010
Q_________________Q I just have a lot of feelings....
That WW3 was ... surprising...
This episode made me love this anime even more and I didn't think it was possible Q^Q <3
Aug 31, 2011 12:38 AM
Aug 2010
Steins;gate for baif. Best episode aired yet. Cannot wait for the last two episodes x_x
Aug 31, 2011 12:38 AM
Aug 2010
RyuKirin said:
...that was awful -_- the kiss and romance just ruined this whole episode. All I found good was the end.

u mad
Aug 31, 2011 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
kokopuffs591 said:
LadyOrihime said:

shiromegami said:
lukas250 said:
Oh, what the hell, here's my guess...

I hope I'm wrong though, or I'd have spoiled myself...

youre nearly as crazy as okarin

OH I JUST CHECKED

THIS is speculation that i believe to be true.

Maybe

Seriously, it's impossible to guess how this will end, because a couple of things haven't been explained AT ALL yet. I will tell you that there are two clues in the preview, that are in the first episode, and they will have a HUGE impact in episode 23 (maybe even into episode 24...I don't know how they can expand the epilogue)

If you go back to episode 1, note down things that seemed odd, or have not been explained at all in the past 20 episodes.
LadyOrihimeAug 31, 2011 12:57 AM
Aug 31, 2011 12:59 AM

Aug 2010
I'm out before/after spoilers, but this episode was fantastic. It has been quite some time since a show had this much impact on me. Well done, can't wait to see how things will turn out. I have high hopes for a grand finale. 5+/5.
Aug 31, 2011 1:23 AM
Jun 2009
Even though they shaved stuff from the VN for the anime, this episode was just perfect. The voice acting,the dialogue was a tear jerker; something the visual novel couldn't offer in terms of emphasizing emotions btw the 2 characters. Okabe's raw emotions and borderline breakdown throughout this episode was 10/10
Aug 31, 2011 1:30 AM

Apr 2010
So... They will bring Kurisu back somehow. She'd have something to do with WWIII though.
Aug 31, 2011 2:07 AM

Jul 2007
badbluesplayer said:

So Mayuri actually knew what was going on?? or at least she had a hunch but still something feels wrong especially for that ending what the hell WWIII?!?!

WW3 stuff was NOT in the world in which Okabe was before this shift. In that line, it was a CERN-caused dystopia with CERN ruling the world. In this line, CERN has literally not started doing bad stuff since Okabe's actions are what triggered it.

And we already know that those around Okabe are starting to experience multiple memories, either as fullblown dual memory set(Feyris) or dreams(Mayuri has dreamed her every death and Kurisu had dreams of her death too)
Aug 31, 2011 2:10 AM

Jan 2008
Im so glad Suzuha is back, and I wonder whats going to happen now.. Things are getting really interesting now haha.
Aug 31, 2011 2:26 AM

Mar 2011
omg, kurisu x okabe :D
so happy and sad.

omg wth WW3?
10 - [A+] Personal favourite: Best of its genre.
9 - [A] Excellent: Highly enjoyable and memorable.
8 - [B] Great: Genuinely liked and worthwhile.
7 - [C] Average: It's average, still entertaining.
6 - [D] Poor: It's aight. Flawed show.
5 - [E] Bad: Why did i even watch this.
< - [F] Uhh: Nani the fuck?!
Aug 31, 2011 2:43 AM

Jun 2010
Dear gods, if this keeps going like this, its definitely making my top 5. MAN this series hasn't failed a bit yet!

Props on Okabe not stumbling / failing the confession even a bit.

World War III? OHSHI-
Aug 31, 2011 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
;___; probably my favorite episode of all the episodes (just have to see if the final episodes will be even better? Still, I doubt it).

That episode just made me love the pairing even more -- it's now officially one of the few favorite pairings. <3

Just. Freaking. Amazing.
Aug 31, 2011 2:51 AM

Jun 2011
Fai said:
badbluesplayer said:

WW3 stuff was NOT in the world in which Okabe was before this shift. In that line, it was a CERN-caused dystopia with CERN ruling the world. In this line, CERN has literally not started doing bad stuff since Okabe's actions are what triggered it.

Oh SERN is just as evil as usual. This doesn't eliminate the facts that they still run the Program Zeta, they still throw people into micro blackholes, there are still Echelon and Rounder. It's just they failed to perfect time travel technology before the war broke out. You will be surprised to know their "noble" involvement in the post-war era. I have a feeling that this whole WWIII mess is also the doing of the Committee of 300, despite SERN has failed to do their biddings. No worldline can escape the grip of the Illuminati.
Aug 31, 2011 3:26 AM

Dec 2010
This anime is so awesomely awesome that I'd shed my some of my awesome manly tears.

Those scenes just cant get out of my head right now. Just goosebumps.

[SIZE="2"]
Energizer Bunny is caught speeding and charged with battery.
Aug 31, 2011 3:31 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode. Now i ship Kurisu with Okabe :)
Told you Suzuha will be back! Maybe not the same Suzuha...but there are still many suzuha around. Hehe. I hope they will save Kurisu somehow.
Aug 31, 2011 3:40 AM
Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
Oh SERN is just as evil as usual.
I don't think SERN is evil, they are just doing for the "greater good" .SERN is too good and they created a dystopia which is a boring place and Suzuha want to change it.
On the contrary, WW3 is a evil place and many people die, but its at least not as boring as in Dystopia and Suzuha want to change it as well ....
Its very hard to achieve people's ideal world =P
Aug 31, 2011 3:52 AM

Jun 2011
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:
I don't think SERN is evil, they are just doing for the "greater good" .SERN is too good and they created a dystopia which is a boring place and Suzuha want to change it.
On the contrary, WW3 is a evil place and many people die, but its at least not as boring as in Dystopia and Suzuha want to change it as well ....

So is the Illuminati behind SERN any good? They might be aimed for the greater good, but in turn they have done many diabolic things. People are suffering. IMO the process is more important than the result. And WWIII just simply spells doom for humanity...
Aug 31, 2011 3:54 AM

Oct 2010
Kansokusha said:
Fai said:
badbluesplayer said:

Oh SERN is just as evil as usual. This doesn't eliminate the facts that they still run the Program Zeta, they still throw people into micro black holes, there are still Echelon and Rounder. It's just they failed to perfect time travel technology before the war broke out. You will be surprised to know their "noble" involvement in the post-war era. I have a feeling that this whole WWIII mess is also the doing of the Committee of 300, despite SERN has failed to do their bidding. No world line can escape the grip of the Illuminati.
In regards to speculation will there be any interference whatsoever from Chaos Head materiel somehow. I would love some of the cast to swoop down and start something up with Okabe's group but I highly doubt that.

Aug 31, 2011 4:12 AM
Jul 2008
i best WW3 happens in beta world and kurisu will be the cause of it working with SERN. That's why suzuha has always hated kurisu and wanted to kill her, and she was from future so she knows this. inb4 season 2
Aug 31, 2011 4:24 AM

Jan 2010
damn cliffhanger.
Aug 31, 2011 4:25 AM
Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
MorningGlory said:
Kansokusha said:

So is the Illuminati behind SERN any good? They might be aimed for the greater good, but in turn they have done many diabolic things. People are suffering. IMO the process is more important than the result. And WWIII just simply spells doom for humanity...
Its just a 100+ people who willing to sacrifice for SERN's experiment.If the public dunno about it, then there is no problem and no one will be suffering.Take those proud Kamikaze bomber as a example.
Aug 31, 2011 4:32 AM

Jun 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Kansokusha said:
Oh SERN is just as evil as usual. This doesn't eliminate the facts that they still run the Program Zeta, they still throw people into micro black holes, there are still Echelon and Rounder. It's just they failed to perfect time travel technology before the war broke out. You will be surprised to know their "noble" involvement in the post-war era. I have a feeling that this whole WWIII mess is also the doing of the Committee of 300, despite SERN has failed to do their bidding. No world line can escape the grip of the Illuminati.

In regards to speculation will there be any interference whatsoever from Chaos Head materiel somehow. I would love some of the cast to swoop down and start something up with Okabe's group but I highly doubt that.

Nah, Nishijou "Knight Hart" Takumi(C;H MC) is just being mentioned in the main series. You might be interested in the upcoming Steins;Gate 8bit for the PC. Takumi is the main villian that has stolen the IBN5100 and turned the future into a moe paradise. LOFL. 8bit MOE. GJ Mages.

MorningGlory said:
Its just a 100+ people who willing to sacrifice for SERN's experiment.If the public dunno about it, then there is no problem and no one will be suffering.Take those proud Kamikaze bomber as a example.

I'm referring to their doings during the dystopian future. All the suppression and massacres. People are like walking dead, live without any freedom. It's worse than death. How come it's not evil? And btw, all those test subjects didn't know they will turn into jello. =)
KansokushaAug 31, 2011 4:49 AM
Pages (17) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1826 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 10:22 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.