Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 4, 2008 6:09 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I don't know how many of you had a similar reaction up until know in this anime but in this episode I have never in my life been shaken, angry, pissed off, wanting to kill that bitch who detonated the dimension eater and feeling helpless in front this event because I doubt anyone can stop such a process when this thing got activated. The Vajra have gone too far! I hope 14 will be pay back 100 times! Since I am kind of moe towards Ranka, I am worried what's going to happen to her. By the way people does not that scene with the eggs look a little like Aliens? Seems what happened with 117th looks to be like a case of Starcraft Zerg Queen infesting Terran base? Anyone..opinions to this???? Anyone share my feelings? Once again very impressive art imageries.
Jul 4, 2008 6:18 AM
Mar 2008
God, awesome episode. And the next looks like the 7th. Can't wait.
Jul 4, 2008 9:49 AM

Feb 2008
Man, this episode was so freaking awesome!

It seems that Claire is now the main antagonist of this series, and her goals seem to be the creation of more wars between humans and Zentradi
Also, I'm wondering what happened to Ranka, and now I'm really curious to know what is her relation with the Vajra.
Jul 4, 2008 10:02 AM

Jan 2008
I don't know how many of you had a similar reaction up until know in this anime but in this episode I have never in my life been shaken, angry, pissed off, wanting to kill that bitch who detonated the dimension eater and feeling helpless in front this event because I doubt anyone can stop such a process when this thing got activated. The Vajra have gone too far! I hope 14 will be pay back 100 times! Since I am kind of moe towards Ranka, I am worried what's going to happen to her. By the way people does not that scene with the eggs look a little like Aliens? Seems what happened with 117th looks to be like a case of Starcraft Zerg Queen infesting Terran base? Anyone..opinions to this???? Anyone share my feelings? Once again very impressive art imageries.

I have to agree with some of what you said.....sheryls manager, we have yet to find out what her objective is. She should die......anyway i get your starcraft analogy, i have to agree.

Overall the ep was full of mixed emotions as well as the feeling, OMG the universe is screwed. I enjoyed the ep as the dl took up the last of my drive space. XD

Jul 4, 2008 10:19 AM
Mar 2008
I forgot to ask... who are those "Kei"? A new fansub for macross?
Jul 4, 2008 10:25 AM

Aug 2007
Great episode, at the end the Macross was seemingly from some batch of ships not documented in the Macross timeline up to now and the "Global" thing was just referring to the ship's name. It's still a mistery why they refer to it as a "first generation" Macross..
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jul 4, 2008 10:36 AM

Jan 2008
draky said:

Im assuming its just another group of ppl who enjoy the series and wanted to sub it.

Jul 4, 2008 10:37 AM

Jan 2008
Bard said:
Great episode, at the end the Macross was seemingly from some batch of ships not documented in the Macross timeline up to now and the "Global" thing was just referring to the ship's name. It's still a mistery why they refer to it as a "first generation" Macross..

It kinda made sence because at the distance they where at it looked like the 1st generation ship.

Jul 4, 2008 10:37 AM

Mar 2008
kiraclyne said:

I have to agree with some of what you said.....sheryls manager, we have yet to find out what her objective is. She should die......anyway i get your starcraft analogy, i have to agree.

Overall the ep was full of mixed emotions as well as the feeling, OMG the universe is screwed. I enjoyed the ep as the dl took up the last of my drive space. XD

Didn't Sheryl's manager die? I though she got sucked along with the Dimension eater.
Jul 4, 2008 10:40 AM

Mar 2008
Bard said:
It's first generation because it looks the same as in the Macross movie. Also looks the same as in the first series. What this tells us though is that there were many of them build so I am thinking this one is made right after the war in the first movie. Opinions on this?
Jul 4, 2008 10:42 AM

Mar 2008
Kayro said:
Man, this episode was so freaking awesome!

It seems that Claire is now the main antagonist of this series, and her goals seem to be the creation of more wars between humans and Zentradi
Also, I'm wondering what happened to Ranka, and now I'm really curious to know what is her relation with the Vajra.

I think what is happening to Ranka is similar to Lynn Min Mai in the first movie when she got captured by Zentradi but I think those guys are way more harsh. Ultimately they are keeping her inside for unknown reasons (reasons cause she is alive).
Jul 4, 2008 10:59 AM

Dec 2007
AAHHHHRRGGGHH
it feels like the guy with the bad hair is in this too.
...and is there something special about Sheryl's earring(s)? (the one she gave Alto?)

can't wait for a proper face-off between Brera and Alto!!! :P
Jul 4, 2008 11:08 AM

Jun 2008
Ranka X Valkyrie guy! Are the perfect pair. I hate it when the treacherous snakes die the way they want to die... it just makes me hate them more. Ahh! I remember in the past episode when the treacherous snake gave Sheryl the pills, I immediatly wanted micahel-kun to realize that shes a bitch.. but it was all too late...
Kirameite, yurameite, aoki yumi, maihanatsu, hana mo-e yu-kuuu!!!
Jul 4, 2008 1:33 PM

Aug 2007
darkside099 said:
It's first generation because it looks the same as in the Macross movie. Also looks the same as in the first series. What this tells us though is that there were many of them build so I am thinking this one is made right after the war in the first movie. Opinions on this?

As far as the information on the macross universe go, after the first Macross (SDF-01 Macross) there were a bunch of huge/not transformable ships of the Megaroad class (like the one that got lost with Minmei on board), the next "batch" of Macross-like ships was built on ~2030 if I recall well, and each of them was in a pair with a colony ship (like Battle 7 and City 7), they were called New Macross class and were 13 afaik (and of the same size of the old Macross except the smaller Battle 7). They actually were the first group of ""mass"" produced Macross-like ships.
My best hypotesis is that the Q4 Global is the 4th ship of the New Macross class...

Edit: also it seems that after the initial 13 ships, they built more after some years, and between them there was the "New Macross 25 Frontier".This would explain why they'd refer as a ship of the "first 13" as first generation.
BardJul 4, 2008 1:36 PM
Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Jul 4, 2008 2:25 PM

Mar 2008
Bard said:
darkside099 said:

As far as the information on the macross universe go, after the first Macross (SDF-01 Macross) there were a bunch of huge/not transformable ships of the Megaroad class (like the one that got lost with Minmei on board), the next "batch" of Macross-like ships was built on ~2030 if I recall well, and each of them was in a pair with a colony ship (like Battle 7 and City 7), they were called New Macross class and were 13 afaik (and of the same size of the old Macross except the smaller Battle 7). They actually were the first group of ""mass"" produced Macross-like ships.
My best hypotesis is that the Q4 Global is the 4th ship of the New Macross class...

Edit: also it seems that after the initial 13 ships, they built more after some years, and between them there was the "New Macross 25 Frontier".This would explain why they'd refer as a ship of the "first 13" as first generation.
Bard said:
darkside099 said:

Bard said:
darkside099 said:

Edit: also it seems that after the initial 13 ships, they built more after some years, and between them there was the "New Macross 25 Frontier".This would explain why they'd refer as a ship of the "first 13" as first generation.[/

Domo arigato for the information. So that's what happened so this thing really was only 11 years old. That would make sense since Ranka is like 16 or 17 years old. Hmmmmmmmmm. So out of the 13 the Q4 is the fourth one. Thanks again and too bad this one got destroyed.
Jul 4, 2008 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
Great episode, the twist was really good, I liked very much Brera. Also Alto was cool, hope we'll see some good fighting scenes
Jul 4, 2008 6:01 PM
Apr 2008
I just wonder that Brera is Ranka's brother?
Jul 4, 2008 6:09 PM

Dec 2007
kiraclyne said:
By the way people does not that scene with the eggs look a little like Aliens? Seems what happened with 117th looks to be like a case of Starcraft Zerg Queen infesting Terran base? Anyone..opinions to this???? Anyone share my feelings? Once again very impressive art imageries.

Actually, I've been getting the impression that the Vajra were created by the 117th fleet, with that being the real reason they were there. There's just so much obvious conspiracy being portrayed, and a good chunk of it hints in that direction.
And yeah, I did half expect Ripley to just jump in out of nowhere with a flamer/pulse rifle combo when the queen appeared - it even somewhat resembles the creature from Aliens . . .
Jul 4, 2008 11:53 PM
Jun 2008
wow...all i can say is wow...great eps...were getting closer to finding out about rankas past & about her brothers objective...these next few weeks are looking prettty good...cat wait!!!!!!!

kiraclyne said:
draky said:

Im assuming its just another group of ppl who enjoy the series and wanted to sub it.

I WAS WONDERING THE SAME THING...I GUESS GG FANSUBS ARE CELEBRATING THE 4TH OF JULY HARD...BUT KEI CAME THROUGH WITH THE ONLY SUB...PROPZ TO THEM..
Jul 5, 2008 12:27 AM

Feb 2008
Anim3LOVER said:

Most likely, since he appeared on Ranka's dream:
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/Macross/Macross%20Frontier%20-%2013%20-%20Large%2004.jpg
And he said that he had a strange feeling of wanting to protect her, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was really her brother.
Jul 5, 2008 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
This is my impression of episode 13.

Making the world go 。・゚・(ノД`)・゚・。 since 1990.
Jul 5, 2008 5:05 AM

Jun 2007
Good and pretty exciting episdode in my opinion for most parts( :stareup: at oboveposter)
I was worried in the beginning that Sherly might take good advantage of the situation that Alto choose to go with her but I'm glad Ranka did good work interrupting that and making him go back with her as well as managing to give him the birthday present before Sherly could do.
Also great to find out Ranka will probably have a strategic role in the future as she seems to carry something important and so she will most likely not stay under the name 'a citizen' forever.

Else the scene of her coming in the shuttle and making the enemy fall for her by singing bubblegum pop standing in that mecha-thing as well as those 'totally unprepared suddenly appearing monitors that popped up and had her on screen (wow I envy those electricians and it-technicians there D: )
was totally cheesy and dragging the episode down.

Still pretty interesting and waiting for next episode.
Jul 5, 2008 7:54 AM
Apr 2008
Kayro said:
Anim3LOVER said:

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/Macross/Macross%20Frontier%20-%2013%20-%20Large%2004.jpg
And he said that he had a strange feeling of wanting to protect her, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was really her brother.

I agreed with this and in episode 10 when Brera protected her from the wild beast's attack, Ranka called him "Oniichan" ?
Jul 5, 2008 2:43 PM

Mar 2008
whoa, it was...jaw-dropping at the end...

And the Air combat scene closely mirrors Macross Zero's last ep.

I'm speechless at this ep...seriously.

and, Ranka-chan D:

and seriously, Alto, you suck.
FotonJul 5, 2008 2:48 PM
Jul 5, 2008 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
darkside099 said:
Didn't Sheryl's manager die? I though she got sucked along with the Dimension eater.

I'm guessing since she's a cyborg she can just have her consciousness put into another body. I doubt that's the last time we see Grace.
Jul 5, 2008 3:29 PM

May 2008
Best episode since the first one.
Jul 5, 2008 4:44 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, that episode was unbelievable.

Does anyone know more about Grace? I'm a little confused about her... bad memory. So she's apparently a cyborg, do they have anything to do with the other series or whatnot?
Jul 5, 2008 9:32 PM

Dec 2007
now that was a really good episode,i am really waiting for next week ep

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Jul 5, 2008 11:20 PM

Mar 2008
even know i know it didn't happen.....i hope ranka died. it would make me so happy. she annoys the crap out of me.

good episode though.
Jul 5, 2008 11:40 PM

Mar 2008
M_A said:
even know i know it didn't happen.....i hope ranka died. it would make me so happy. she annoys the crap out of me.

good episode though.

let's hope Sheryl doesn't screw up while she's riding shotgun <_<
Jul 6, 2008 2:48 AM

Oct 2007
LAH-Foton said:
M_A said:

good episode though.

Sheryl and Alto will be doing their best Max and Millia impersonation by the end of the series.
Jul 6, 2008 3:42 AM

Mar 2008
Westlo said:
LAH-Foton said:
M_A said:

good episode though.

Sheryl and Alto will be doing their best Max and Millia impersonation by the end of the series.

That'll be nice.

...wait, what am I saying <_<
Jul 6, 2008 9:39 AM

Sep 2007
WOW... a great episode. I always knew something was odd about Sheryl's manager but I didn't think she worked for Vajra. Well in any case shes dead... unless she can survive being sucked into the dimension eater.

Is anyone else getting tired of Ranka's magical living/moving hair? It was amusing at first but now its more of wtf!?
Jul 6, 2008 12:39 PM

Mar 2008
well the moving hair is due to her being quarter zentradi? (or was it 1/8)

well im not sure if grace is on the side of the vajra, i rather think she's using them as tools to incite wars since vajra dont have their own concience (they are like fighting machines, no brains, right?)

i think we'll see Grace again, didn't she say to Brera he will have to keep following her orders, so i suppose she will be reborn in a new cyborg body?

see i thought it was funny wth her belly glowing...looks like there is some big connefction between that and the Vajra

MAL list updates
Jul 6, 2008 2:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I doubt if Ranka is actually connected to the Vajra...She responded to the mothership's call, after all....She could be partially Vajra for what we know....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jul 6, 2008 3:08 PM

Mar 2008
Firefox265 said:

Is anyone else getting tired of Ranka's magical living/moving hair? It was amusing at first but now its more of wtf!?

yeah. =/
Jul 6, 2008 10:55 PM

Mar 2008
M_A said:
Firefox265 said:

yeah. =/

I'm not. o-o
Jul 6, 2008 11:48 PM

Nov 2007
Hanpusu said:
genius

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! That was aweosme. That was the most pumped I've been in an episode of anything in a long time, just awesome.
Jul 7, 2008 2:15 AM
Dec 2007
Wooo, terrific animation/art for this one and just a wonderfully entertaining episode overall. I wonder if Frontier can keep the same level till the end of the series because right now it's probably even better than the first Macross and tied up with Macross Plus as best Macross ever.

LAH-Foton said:
M_A said:
Firefox265 said:

yeah. =/

I'm not. o-o

Nope I find it great, it's very Miyazaki-like. All his heroes have hair that change depending on their emotions, that's a very interesting way of animating characters I think.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 7, 2008 8:13 AM

Aug 2007
I'm loving Macross F, its already half over though...
Jul 7, 2008 9:56 AM

Mar 2008
Toya said:
I'm loving Macross F, its already half over though...

where's my Missile Massacre? Needs more of them D:
Jul 7, 2008 2:00 PM

Mar 2008
Jacut said:
Wooo, terrific animation/art for this one and just a wonderfully entertaining episode overall. I wonder if Frontier can keep the same level till the end of the series because right now it's probably even better than the first Macross and tied up with Macross Plus as best Macross ever.

LAH-Foton said:
M_A said:
Firefox265 said:

yeah. =/

I'm not. o-o

Nope I find it great, it's very Miyazaki-like. All his heroes have hair that change depending on their emotions, that's a very interesting way of animating characters I think.

but miyazaki characters are interesting. O_O
Jul 7, 2008 2:26 PM

May 2008
Prolly the Best Episode by far in this series but i can't wait to get all these q's i have answered but unfortunately this episode added a lot more q's to the bank...

14 looks promising for ppl hungry for the action
including me until then i guess i can hold on and wait
Jul 8, 2008 6:20 AM

Jun 2008
oh man, this ep was so good. i really hope they can keep up this level of interest. and i really hope the story goes somewhere meaningful. i'm slowly starting to like Alto, if only cuz the dude is pretty there when it's clutch. he's like on autopilot when a girl is in danger, i guess that makes him useful...?
Jul 10, 2008 2:20 AM

Apr 2007
Fantastic episode, and my favourite up to this point. Hopefully 14 doesn't disappoint.
Jul 10, 2008 7:05 PM
Apr 2008
You can watch 14 RAW online now.
Jul 10, 2008 8:46 PM

Mar 2008
Firefox265 said:

It's jarring, especially during scenes of dramatic tension. Moreover, it comes off as trying way too hard to be cute. Given Ranka's stereotypical moeblob personality and ersatz-moe looks (the character animators are very good with men and older women, but are obviously out of their field with moe bishoujo style,) there's this whole aura of pandering about her that pretty much mitigates any cool or original traits of hers.
Jul 17, 2008 8:18 PM
Mar 2008
Kayro said:
Anim3LOVER said:

I'm starting to wonder if Brera isn't actually an AI like grace, made to look like Ranka's brother (still just assumptions at this point, unless I missed something in the subs). He looks strikingly similar to what he did 11? years ago when their ship was attacked/destroyed. We at least saw a mechanical arm during the 'Zero' episode And he's in cahoots with Grace... its all so confusing.

*sorry if someone else already asked. i'm jumping around LOT of boards atm reading up on the eps, etc.*
Nov 18, 2008 2:12 PM

Aug 2007
Great ep! Apart from the fountain scene... I kinda liked Ranka this episode.

Breara... is wow hott
Mar 28, 2009 6:17 AM

Jan 2008
I have a feeling that Brera is Ranka's brother D:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Lalolan - Dec 24, 2007

116 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.