Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2011 2:33 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this was a better episode than the entire series as a whole~
Dec 1, 2011 3:43 PM

Feb 2010
sayami said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think this was a better episode than the entire series as a whole~

lol I disagree :D
Sheepshaman.png
Mar 16, 2012 6:08 AM

Dec 2009
now I can see why this was cut

the idea of Basara turning an entire Meltradi fleet into fangirls of his with one song is a bit much
May 17, 2012 10:45 PM

May 2010
What did we learn about the characters? No facts, just more speculations.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Nov 6, 2013 9:03 AM

Apr 2012
In the Central Anime release, each episode circularly shows a preview for the next, indicating they're not numbered. Because of that, the first episode for ANN is Fleet of the Strongest Women, and for Central it's On Stage. I'll be talking about On Stage.

Fine little episode. Dramatization of the band's life was hilarious, and I liked seeing the two vice commanders (Miho and the other), they're part of the characters I wish had more development.
Aug 3, 2014 5:04 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
In my CA release, "On Stage" was the first episode as well. I love the over the top dramatization too. Makes you wonder how much of it is true? It reminds a lot of those "Behind The Music" documentaries that VH1 used to do
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 18, 2017 12:30 AM

Dec 2015
Accidentally watched this in place of the first episode of the series. And it actually worked well, I didn't even realize my mistake before a full watch.

I loved how it felt like a real TV show about stars. Dramatic "enhanced" re-enacted scenes included.
Design and music are fine, I just can't find them pleasant (90s drawings XC + some kind of rock music).

5/5 Looks like it will be fun. Let's hope there will be enough drama and scifi in it.
Rei_IIIAug 18, 2017 12:33 AM
Feb 14, 2018 8:46 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
This episode was necessary for the Series, I don´t understand how appears now how an Ova just!!!
It was a great Ova when we discover the origin of the Fire Bombers members, a halfway between the sad and the comical!!!
Aug 9, 2020 3:08 AM

Aug 2017
Nice "On stage" episode that made it difficult to distinguish facts from fiction xD I think the one with the mountain was the real story because it was also a flashback in the original show. The TV program made things up a bit.

Also nice addition of bridge bunnies
St0rmbladeAug 9, 2020 3:11 AM
Oct 22, 2020 11:15 PM

Jan 2010
Ray gets hit by a car

"For the two of them, this was extremely unfortunate."

I...I mean...yeah...?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross 7 Encore Episode 2 Discussion

sayami - Aug 24, 2011

11 by myrmidon_mamori »»
Oct 11, 2023 4:39 PM

Poll: » Macross 7 Encore Episode 3 Discussion

halcyon_rhapsody - Nov 22, 2009

17 by Shocked »»
Oct 22, 2020 11:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.