Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 13, 2011 6:26 PM

Nov 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just to make sure i make this discussion over the "Volcanic Panic" episode (making sure cause of the banned episodes kind of confuses me which is which ._.

Oh well.. Just really wonder here everytime i watch this episode... Isnt stone type pokémons supposed to be weak against water?.. Then how come they needs and dont react about being cooled down by the water when they try to stop the magma flow? O.o i just get sooo confused... Does that even make sense? xD

Plus when Ash first tried to get his pokemons to help that guy said that only fire type could stand the heat... but suddenly Pikachu and the others help without any problems at all O.o

Just some stuff i really cant figure the point of ^^'
Mar 16, 2015 2:44 PM

Aug 2013
Tathagata said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just to make sure i make this discussion over the "Volcanic Panic" episode (making sure cause of the banned episodes kind of confuses me which is which ._.

Oh well.. Just really wonder here everytime i watch this episode... Isnt stone type pokémons supposed to be weak against water?.. Then how come they needs and dont react about being cooled down by the water when they try to stop the magma flow? O.o i just get sooo confused... Does that even make sense? xD

Plus when Ash first tried to get his pokemons to help that guy said that only fire type could stand the heat... but suddenly Pikachu and the others help without any problems at all O.o

Haha Pokemon isn't exactly the most cleverly written story based show. It's not uncommon for plot no jutsu to show up here and there.
Aug 17, 2017 2:52 AM

Jul 2008
Charizard is awesome, that is all.
Aug 14, 2019 6:25 AM

Mar 2014
Charizard is overly overrated and I hate its behaviour and how it's the key to salvation to win this gym badge.
CountWrAug 15, 2019 10:35 AM
Sep 3, 2019 5:01 AM

Nov 2015
this magma pokemon is a butt, seriously i am turned off by that design :s

💢

Jul 18, 2020 3:42 PM

Nov 2016
Nice bro moments between Charizard and Magmar.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 6, 2020 3:28 PM

Mar 2011
Damn Rocket Team, they destroy everything. I like them, but...
Charizard only does what he wants. xD

Tathagata said:

Inside the volcano the temperature is so high that the water just refresh the stone pokémons and doesn't weaken them. And Pikachu is Pikachu, he can bear anything. The same for Togepi.
May 30, 2021 3:39 AM

Dec 2007
best gym battle, too bad that the other good battles in this season is only in the league.

though you have to give little credit for ash, it's charizard who won this battle, not ash.
May 31, 2022 11:33 AM

Jan 2013
Cute Pickachu enjoying it's bath by Ash :3
Man, such a lovely episode, all the Pokemon working together to stop the lava :D
The fight between Magmar and Charizard was so good too.

This episode together with episode 1 are definitely the highlight of the season for me.
Aug 15, 2023 12:46 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Team Rocket casually destroying a volcano lol, finally Charizard helped and fought, of course he won he's too OP

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 12 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Mar 21, 2010

32 by Crowfinger »»
Apr 11, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 61 Discussion

Anyrection - Sep 18, 2012

6 by Shrimp_Tail »»
Apr 5, 7:25 PM

» Meat in Pokemon

CNile - Jan 11, 2013

5 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 5, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Pokemon Episode 143 Discussion

Tombo - Jan 18, 2012

5 by Matheus050 »»
Feb 25, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Do you consider pokemon a Shonen?

infinite_Shadows - Feb 14

12 by Theo1899 »»
Feb 17, 12:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.