Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
May 19, 2019 2:35 AM

Oct 2012
Just like others anime in early 20s with over 40+ episodes
Nana have no proper ending
Quite "good" ending if they want to make us "I'll leave it to your imaginations"

Don't know if Nana ended up marrying Takumi or not
Or if Nana married with Ren
We only knew that Nana had a beautiful daughter called Satsuki, thankfully not Sachiko :P

In the end I still think Nana is the worst Nana xD
"Signature removed"
Jun 6, 2019 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
2ego said:
It's unfortunate that Nobu didn't end up with Nana, but oh well Nana ending up with Takumi was the most plausible and realistic outcome. I felt really hurt when Nobu didn't manage to bring himself to open the door, it was a life-changing regret, it's not something you should live with, really. Well, overall this was a great ride, was both amused and anxious while watching this, had never felt such a mix of emotions whilst watching an anime. Straight to my favorites!

@Chaet Loved every bit of this. Thanks for both recommending and telling me to continue, haha.

I really wished Hachi should have ended up with Nobu, Takumi is really bad guy imo but she was so unsure of her feelings :'/ , that made me hate Hachi a little bit. But I remember you saying something about the realistic aspect of some character trait once, that made me understand her better, thanks for that c':

Glad to know you loved it
Oh it's even in your favourites now hehe

To be honest, after episode 30, everything in that anime got so frustrating and each episode only made me feel more uneasy while watching it
However it was, I'm glad I completed it xd

Nice avatar btw x)
Jun 7, 2019 6:25 AM
Jul 2018
2ego said:
Chaet said:

I really wished Hachi should have ended up with Nobu, Takumi is really bad guy imo but she was so unsure of her feelings :'/ , that made me hate Hachi a little bit. But I remember you saying something about the realistic aspect of some character trait once, that made me understand her better, thanks for that c':

Glad to know you loved it
Oh it's even in your favourites now hehe

To be honest, after episode 30, everything in that anime got so frustrating and each episode only made me feel more uneasy while watching it
However it was, I'm glad I completed it xd

Nice avatar btw x)

I totally agree, after around 30 episodes it did get really uneasy, though while I was frustrated I couldn't stop watching.. Thanks, haha, wasn't sure whether it was good or not, glad you like my new avatar.
it has little goku in it, ofc it's good xd
Jun 16, 2019 7:16 PM
Jul 2014
Interesting how the Nana narrated what Hachi was thinking and Hachi narrated what Nana was thinking in the beginning.

IM SAD HOW COULD THEY TIME JUMP LIKE THAT TT^TT

But Satsuki is so cute uwu but where is Takumi >:(
I'd honestly rather have Yasu or Nobu as a dad lol they seem like good fathers.

I'm so happy they made meeting up in 707 a tradition ;_; but where's the bastard Takumi and Nana??? Yasu mentioned Ren, but no Nana and I don't like the way they're talking like she......... died.

ANOTHER TIME JUMP IM--------

THE LIE I------------------------------------------------------------
Nana is so chaotic. Pure chaos. The complete opposite of Nobu who's a pacifist like Shin said. What Nana doesn't understand or refuses to understand is that people love in different ways. Nobu's love isn't half assed. It's a selfless love that puts others before himself and I really, really, truly, honestly respect and love him for that. The way he is shows such humility and unselfishness TT^TT He is an angel and deserves all the happiness. My heart BROKE when Hachi called Shin and then it pans to Nobu sitting with his back to the door, defeated and just so sad TTTTTT^TTTTTT Hachi will never know that Nobu was there waiting for her on the other side of the door and IM DYING INSIDE He suffers on his own so others can be happy and IM DROWNING IN MY TEARS RIGHT NOW He sacrificed his own happiness for Hachi's happiness with bastard Takumi NO ONE TALK TO ME

THEY CAN'T END IT LIKE THAT WTF NO ONE WANTS TO SEE FIREWORKS THE AUDIENCE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO NANA?? WAS SHE AND THE WHOLE BAND INVITED TO THE WEDDING??? DID THE WEDDING EVEN TAKE PLACE???????? WHY DID THE TIME JUMP TO THE PAST AS SOON AS HACHI AND NOBU TOUCHED HANDS?????????? THEY WON'T EVEN LET US SEE SOME GOOD OL HACHI NOBU CUTE INTERACTION????????????? WHYYYY??????????????????? WHY DO THE WRITERS HATE NOBU TTTTTTT^TTTTTTT IM UPSET

Edit: I love how a lot of people in the oldest part of this forum is saying 'oop gonna wait for season 2 :D' and it's been over 12 years since this anime ended and no season 2 :'( I guess I have to read the manga like everyone else *sigh*
Sylvia_Beau019Jun 16, 2019 7:26 PM
Aug 15, 2019 11:26 PM

Aug 2014
I've never felt for someone more than Nobu, waiitttt actually maybe thats not true but man did he get fucked over. Anyways Nana is probably going down as my most despised characte, likeeeee jeeeeeez were you just annoying and selfish. I honestly only finished this, because I was hoping Nobu would get some sort of happy ending but fukkkkk I couldn't have been anymore wrong.
Aug 21, 2019 7:15 AM
Nov 2016
Great anime i dont know why i wasnt whatch it why i always whatch 1 or 2 ep and stop iam happy that i whatch it in this time .. i loved genko and her couple and for sure yassu❤ i think the most one get hurt is nobo cuz he love nana that she just run after mans 😅 but she learned her lesson 🙂 maybe...
I am going to read the manga to know what will happen with nana and ren and know what will happen with others too...
Sep 8, 2019 12:32 PM

Apr 2016
One of the better drama anime out there I'm glad I watched this.
Every character's problems were very down to earth and relatable. I believe anyone can find a part of themselves in these characters not just the main 2 but in support cast too. Their personalities had flaws even so-called perfect Osaki Nana is very insecure and has a lot of issues she's probably my favorite. I relate to Hachi's inferiority complex and her self-destructive behavior I relate to Nana's abandonment issue. Their dynamic is very complex and there is a lot that can be said it deserves its own analysis.

My biggest pet peeve about this series is that it has no ending. Many character arcs were just left open hanging without any conclusion whatsoever. Meaning they couldn't recieve substantial development therefore I couldn't bond with the character as much as I would like to. I also disliked all that Takumi/baby drama went on with Hachi but thankfully it quickly shifted to Nana's perspective. Aesthetic-wise I don't dig body proportions they are way too ridiculous. Soundtrack is stellar added many tracks to my list I listen to regularly.

Overall very solid drama anime that suffers from having no proper conclusion.
Sep 27, 2019 9:51 AM

Jun 2015
no what? what was that? I need answers. There's so much missing. I demand answers!
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 17, 2019 1:45 AM
Apr 2017
What? I didn't sign up for an uncomplete story like these, I hate it when it ends like this, it not as simple like because the Story didn't end Like I want,

But it is, The Story didn't even Complete yet, in the real meaning!!

Why did then even Start these Anime, if they didn't didn't have the will to Complete it?

What happen to Nana? it's looks like she's died?
What happen to BLAST?
What happen to TRAPNEST?
What happen to Reira? Shin?

I got so lost in the middle of the story for What? It's all got no meaning if the Story didn't even Finished like these! all Emotion that I feel had no meaning!

There is still a loot of unfinished,.... This is so Frustrating,....

if you just gonna said Go *uck read the manga, then you just make use of us!
it's so selfish

you won't get respect, if you don't respect, and I won't respect you because of it!
Nov 17, 2019 1:52 AM
Apr 2017
Intense said:
One of the better drama anime out there I'm glad I watched this.
Every character's problems were very down to earth and relatable. I believe anyone can find a part of themselves in these characters not just the main 2 but in support cast too. Their personalities had flaws even so-called perfect Osaki Nana is very insecure and has a lot of issues she's probably my favorite. I relate to Hachi's inferiority complex and her self-destructive behavior I relate to Nana's abandonment issue. Their dynamic is very complex and there is a lot that can be said it deserves its own analysis.

My biggest pet peeve about this series is that it has no ending. Many character arcs were just left open hanging without any conclusion whatsoever. Meaning they couldn't recieve substantial development therefore I couldn't bond with the character as much as I would like to. I also disliked all that Takumi/baby drama went on with Hachi but thankfully it quickly shifted to Nana's perspective. Aesthetic-wise I don't dig body proportions they are way too ridiculous. Soundtrack is stellar added many tracks to my list I listen to regularly.

Overall very solid drama anime that suffers from having no proper conclusion.

Totally Agreed, I am disappointed of that indecisiveness.
Nov 17, 2019 2:04 AM
Apr 2017
Sylvia_Beau019 said:
Interesting how the Nana narrated what Hachi was thinking and Hachi narrated what Nana was thinking in the beginning.

IM SAD HOW COULD THEY TIME JUMP LIKE THAT TT^TT

But Satsuki is so cute uwu but where is Takumi >:(
I'd honestly rather have Yasu or Nobu as a dad lol they seem like good fathers.

I'm so happy they made meeting up in 707 a tradition ;_; but where's the bastard Takumi and Nana??? Yasu mentioned Ren, but no Nana and I don't like the way they're talking like she......... died.

ANOTHER TIME JUMP IM--------

THE LIE I------------------------------------------------------------
Nana is so chaotic. Pure chaos. The complete opposite of Nobu who's a pacifist like Shin said. What Nana doesn't understand or refuses to understand is that people love in different ways. Nobu's love isn't half assed. It's a selfless love that puts others before himself and I really, really, truly, honestly respect and love him for that. The way he is shows such humility and unselfishness TT^TT He is an angel and deserves all the happiness. My heart BROKE when Hachi called Shin and then it pans to Nobu sitting with his back to the door, defeated and just so sad TTTTTT^TTTTTT Hachi will never know that Nobu was there waiting for her on the other side of the door and IM DYING INSIDE He suffers on his own so others can be happy and IM DROWNING IN MY TEARS RIGHT NOW He sacrificed his own happiness for Hachi's happiness with bastard Takumi NO ONE TALK TO ME

THEY CAN'T END IT LIKE THAT WTF NO ONE WANTS TO SEE FIREWORKS THE AUDIENCE WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO NANA?? WAS SHE AND THE WHOLE BAND INVITED TO THE WEDDING??? DID THE WEDDING EVEN TAKE PLACE???????? WHY DID THE TIME JUMP TO THE PAST AS SOON AS HACHI AND NOBU TOUCHED HANDS?????????? THEY WON'T EVEN LET US SEE SOME GOOD OL HACHI NOBU CUTE INTERACTION????????????? WHYYYY??????????????????? WHY DO THE WRITERS HATE NOBU TTTTTTT^TTTTTTT IM UPSET

Edit: I love how a lot of people in the oldest part of this forum is saying 'oop gonna wait for season 2 :D' and it's been over 12 years since this anime ended and no season 2 :'( I guess I have to read the manga like everyone else *sigh*

No He is not defeated, he is the winner, he chose happiness fo Haci,
Who dare hate Nobu?!!
but why he act like that on that future? Haaaaaahhh that make me doubt what I've said.
Nov 17, 2019 2:06 AM
Apr 2017
Aim1rR said:
Great anime but so much missing stories! what end was that? 47ep? Just read the manga instead of anime! 10/7

No I Won't!!
If I do that, it's like they have succeed to make use of me!!
Dec 8, 2019 2:06 PM
Nov 2019
Love this series. I have been re-watching it for the first time in years and I still love it as much as I did 10 years ago.

We need more Josei, this was a flawed but beautiful story about two women who chose each other as their family. Most characters were interesting enough , I overall enjoyed most of them.

Was it overly dramatic sometimes? Yes ofcourse, it’s anime. Was it also mature and one of the closest things to reality I’ve seen in anime in general? Yes.

A lot of things that I didn’t understand when I watched it the first time became very clear to me. I see a lot of hachi hate going on here which is in a way understandable because she’s flawed and doesn’t always make the best decisions. Now I’m older I understand it very well because she is in fact, japanese, it’s a conservative society with a lot of taboo’s. I actually love how they tried to take a realistic approach on the culture the story takes place in. If you take that into account, a lot of her choices actually make sense.

My favorite character is Yasu by far, I found myself rooting for him every time and for a moment I thought there was hope for him and Nana.

I could endlessly ramble on about this series. It was fun rewatching it, it gave a lot of new insights.
Jan 2, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
So... is Nana dead?
Feb 6, 2020 1:09 PM

May 2017
I CANT BELIVE that this show has an open ending.. I'm so mad right now.. KLFDSJNOKLFJN...

FFS Do I really have to read the manga now ? Fuck man. This show was extremely good. Loved the characters and the story but I CANNOT feel satisfied after an open ending.. I absolutely hate it.

EDIT: AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT NOT EVEN THE MANGA IS FINISHED!! It's been 11 years since the last chapter was released.. This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't even read the manga to get the complete story.. So so disappointed. I was really invested into these characters and the story.. I'm sad.
shayed__Feb 6, 2020 1:24 PM
Feb 19, 2020 12:29 PM

Jan 2015
Damn what an anime. It was a beautiful ride. Have been a long time since I watched such a good anime.
9/10
Mar 22, 2020 7:22 AM

Mar 2020
Damn that ending kinda pissed me off. This show had a lot of these annoying moments, but overall it was fun watching these fucked up characters.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
May 7, 2020 1:07 PM

Aug 2014
shayed__ said:
I CANT BELIVE that this show has an open ending.. I'm so mad right now.. KLFDSJNOKLFJN...

FFS Do I really have to read the manga now ? Fuck man. This show was extremely good. Loved the characters and the story but I CANNOT feel satisfied after an open ending.. I absolutely hate it.

EDIT: AND I JUST FOUND OUT THAT NOT EVEN THE MANGA IS FINISHED!! It's been 11 years since the last chapter was released.. This is absolutely ridiculous. I can't even read the manga to get the complete story.. So so disappointed. I was really invested into these characters and the story.. I'm sad.

well the author got really sick and physically couldn't write/draw. Clearly her illness is awful and all we need to do is wish her to be happy and healthy. She said that she really wanted to finish the manga, so I guess it's just waiting now.
Xtina is my mother!
May 30, 2020 5:16 AM
Oct 2019
i feel so empty and sad now
May 30, 2020 8:43 AM

Jul 2015
We've reached the end, bit suprised to see a scene in the future. Got a bit of a sad, nostalgic feeling there, longing for the good old times.. even though I marathoned this series in a couple of days....I kind of wished they showed a lot more in the end what some characters do, especially if Nobu found happiness... throwing away his last chance to make the girl he loved happy...quite the selfcontrol..

I have to say this series was pretty realistic in the way that life doesn't go always the way you want it to go. Also the way every character had its flaws with regrets (cheating, possesiveness, running away) and that they at some point had to face their problems. Pretty good story, didn't like certain things that happened but still entertaining to watch (*cough* people suffering *cough*).

Jun 5, 2020 3:39 PM

Nov 2010
Very nice anime. I was told I was gonna cry my eyes out, but it wasn't like that for me. I really loved it regardless. I've been reading some posts before mine and everyone complained about the open ending XD so while I'm at it Imma jump on that train as well: I'd have loved to see Nana in the scenes setted in the future (present?) and a bit happier conclusive conversation or something... but well, I'm very happy with this as it is.
Jun 5, 2020 4:47 PM

Jul 2019
Thought Hachiko was gonna fuck it up again there lmao. The reunion felt incomplete without Nobu though. My biggest praise on this show is that it really understands its viewers. When Hachi shifted to Takumi they just stop focusing the story on Hachi only.. from that point its more about the Blast members. Because well its still painful seeing her with Takumi knowing how he just wont her like that. Takumi is serious but Nobu, as you can again see in the ending, hes a very honest guy. Probably too honest for Hachiko. So yeah overall its a great show it doesnt really dumb you down, it knows when a character does/says something irrational they recall it again in future events and decide whether it was right or wrong. I wonder what happens to my Nana tho is she dead or what :/
leevJun 5, 2020 4:56 PM
Jul 20, 2020 10:41 PM
Jul 2020
Nana really left me anxious, depressed and uneasy. I literally couldn’t sleep until I finished the Anime. It was that good. It left a lot of questions in my head. It gave me this weird feeling at the pit of my stomach? It's like I could hear Hachi's pleading, solemn and soft voice at the back of my head saying "Nana". And don't even get me started with Kuroi Namida. It's one of the greatest anime songs I've ever came across with.

This series is so painful and frustrating because it’s too real. Hachi made the wrong choices but I don't have it in me to judge her. I mean after all she’s literally just a 20 year old who's trying to figure out life. I couldn’t bring myself to judge her choices especially when she chose Takumi over Nobu. Afterall, it’s most likely to be his kid since he wasn’t even using protection. And Takumi could obviously provide for the kid unlike Nobu. But, like any other hopeless romatic I prayed she could’ve ended up with Nobu. I wanted to see Hachi evolve and become mature and learn to stand on her own feet. But, I guess that’s too cliché and Ai Yazawa's not that predictable.

This anime taught me a lot of things that I can't even begin to decipher the emotions I've felt through out. There was a comment I came across with and it's stuck with me ever since and it's.
“Our choices shape our future. And it may be the future no one wants but we just have to live with it.”

hyacuntAug 12, 2020 1:23 AM
Jul 24, 2020 11:37 AM

Nov 2018
After all the good moments , you just end it like that?Really?

I haven't actually cry even once , but I really liked a lot of things about this anime , especially OSTs , openings and ending and of course dark realism and psychological parts.
It has some unforgettable style.
I hate everyone equally
Nov 4, 2020 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
i feel so let down by this ending :(

the pacing is whack.

despite these factors, i really enjoyed this anime overall, from the art to the music and 3/5 of the story...i believe this will remain with me for a long time.

the main reason i picked up this anime was because of the art style, i'd had it in my ptw for years but i am glad i finally completed (in 4 days lmao).

to the manga we go, i am ready to cry <3

Dec 1, 2020 8:40 PM

Oct 2014
this was, how do i put it, a rage-inducer
Jan 9, 2021 7:45 PM
Dec 2018
Finished in 2 days. Never watched so many episodes in one day.
10/10.
Jan 31, 2021 11:21 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Come on, this is such a bad point to end the show but there's no helping that sadly considering the manga is in hiatus too. Whatever, I'm definitely going to binge that too and just widen the emptiness because why not?

Takumi suggesting that only Ren and Nana getting married could solve the problem surprised the life out of me but I really should've seen it coming, he was being a little too "good" for the past few episodes, for one. Nobuo deciding to leave things in the dark was disappointing but a very human thing to do nonetheless, can't possibly blame him for pulling out of that.

Meanwhile, the Shoji - Hachi thing was honestly touching. Props to the two for seeing it through with the "proper closure". Couldn't help but pause for a few seconds there too. Maybe a little too late but better than never, I guess.

Nana trying to push things to break out of the halt was perhaps a little aggressive and selfish but well.

Sad we didn't get to see anything definitive across all fronts, I became especially curious on the aforementioned suggestion but the growing Nobuo - Actress-san & Reira - Shin relationships. Also, please give some happiness to Yasu-san, the best winger. He deserves the world and more, seriously...

Going to really miss the Op & ED artists though, some of the tracks like A Little Pain & Winter Sleep in particular are just gold! Ended up learning a little about the singers, Anna Tsuchiya and Olivia Lufkin, too which is always nice. For some reason, thinking about Shin and Reira hits differently with the insert songs now.

Anyways, it's time to plunge into the manga-verse now. One of my easiest 9/10s ever! Could bump it to a 10 in the near future but a 9 seems more appropriate to my experience right now.

It's a good thing I kept pushing this for the last 2-3 years since I just turned 20 last month, lol. Seriously though, I'm really glad I gave this a shot because it met and exceeded my expectations with ease. Gotta fix my seasonal watching soon but no regrets!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 4, 2021 1:50 PM

Dec 2014
this is a warning if both Nanas dont end up together i WILL cry
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2021 8:53 AM
Jul 2015
Caroline___ said:
THE SHOW IS NOT OVER.
There will be a Secound season next yr
lol that didnt age well
Mar 3, 2021 10:29 AM
Oct 2020
The ending's pretty underwhelming, but I had been warned. Still I think they should've cooked up an explanation for Nana's absence since they already bothered with the time skip anyway.

I'm glad for the closure with Shoji, and it's also good to know that Hachi's girl's healthy and on good terms with at least some members of the Black Stones. Love that they're still around after all that time, and that Nobu and Hachi reconciled to an extent. It would suck so bad if he left her as well.
Mar 25, 2021 7:06 PM
Feb 2021
mysimas said:
The ending's pretty underwhelming, but I had been warned. Still I think they should've cooked up an explanation for Nana's absence since they already bothered with the time skip anyway.

I'm glad for the closure with Shoji, and it's also good to know that Hachi's girl's healthy and on good terms with at least some members of the Black Stones. Love that they're still around after all that time, and that Nobu and Hachi reconciled to an extent. It would suck so bad if he left her as well.

You need to read the manga to find out but long story short. The band is put on hold because shin and layla are caught with weed.Yasushi tells Nana O to go single and follow her dreams. Ren heroin habit and exhaustion from work and the paparazzi cause him to crash. Nana O has a mental break down because of Ren death. Regarding nonu and nana K they dont actually get closure because nobu refused to meet nana at the fireworks display and nana k refused to explain her feeling smand decision to nobu. This is why they both cry and still harbour strong feelings for each other. But unfortunately nana is married to takumi and has his baby and loves her family. So there is no chance that nobu win her back which is why they both cry at their missed opportunity. I personally blame nobu because he chickens out twice when he had a perfect opportunity to win nana k. the first one is forgivable because it was when takumi surprised him with nana k pregnancy and made it look like she betray him. But his cowardice at the firework festival was terrible becaus ehe knew he tell liked nana k and could have at least declared his feelings and told her to pick between takumi + the baby or him and a future family.
Mar 30, 2021 8:41 PM

Mar 2021
Ahh... I am so sad that the anime ended at that point :(
I feel so bad about Nobu not getting with Nana; he was the best contender for her hand. I really didn't like Shoji but I am glad they resolved their issues. As for Takumi... I still don't like him at all. He started out bad and then got less bad. I guess I am happy he has (presumably) helped raise and taken responsibility for Satsuki.
This anime was so good. It was full of drama and wasn't ever too boring. The characters felt real and each had their own troubles and was fleshed out; I'm giving it a high score for sure!
Hoping for a season 2 despite the long hiatus! <3
Apr 1, 2021 6:40 AM
Aug 2016
If he only opened the door... i really used to ship them :///
I feel empty with this ending, should i start reading the manga even though I'm pretty sure ai yazawa will never finish(?)
Apr 19, 2021 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
Caroline___ said:
THE SHOW IS NOT OVER.

its 2021.. *cries*
May 13, 2021 11:57 AM
Mar 2021
AHHHHHHH NANA'S DAUGHTER OMG I WASNT EXPECTING THAT I WAS SO CONFUSED AND AND WHAT IS YASU DOING THERE
they're back in the old apartment ? and where is nana ? she's not like dead right
why is she thinking abt shoji :(
omg omg omg i really hope the reunition is really good
why is hachi taking so long hahahah im so nervous
OMG IM SO HAPPY WITH THE ENDING GOD IM REALLY GLAD IT ENDED THIS WAY THE END WAS CO COMFORTING IM SO HAPPY I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH AHHHHHH IT CAUSED ME SO MUCH PAIN BUT things could've ended better and stuff but idk at least they saw eachother and ofdenvfgdilsabdv im so ifsvusljbvlgwudrv
Jun 14, 2021 2:20 PM

Apr 2021
Honestly, even though this anime isn't complete, and probably wont ever be, I am pretty satisfied with the "ending". It followed the "life is messy and ambiguous" theme: everything isn't wrapped up in a bow, there are loose ends, unspoken feelings, unresolved trauma, things we the audience still don't know.... and all of that makes it feel real and kind of beautiful. Those are the things that give Nana it's charm. When Nobu left the door closed it was the ultimate expression of love.... really beautiful. I am definitely going to read the manga... even though that also doens't have a proper ending. But, I will continue to have hope. Praying for Ai Yazawa's health and prosperity, so Nana and Nana can finally realize that they are gay and in LOVE WITH EACHOTHER! And if anyone disagree,.... did we even watch the same show? Like how many times did they say I am so in love with you but you are a woman.... like hello.
Jun 17, 2021 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
My 85th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jul 4, 2021 9:11 PM

Jul 2017
I regret watching this series, I wish I could forget it all. It hurts a whole lot.
Aug 6, 2021 11:25 PM
Feb 2020
for a second I thought Nana Oosaki was dead, like she actually killed herself
Aug 28, 2021 5:51 PM
Jun 2021
Ahhhh too bad it ended now I feel empty. I have so many questions what happened to nana? What happened to blast? Are hachi and takumi engaged or married? Because she still has the same ring. Ahh it hurts too see it end and no second season🥲. I wanted too watch the show after the second season comes out but a few years later and still no new season T~T. But I guess I will read the manga because I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!
Sep 4, 2021 10:03 AM

Apr 2019
Rewatched recently...such a great series even without a ending,i really miss this anime and Nana Oosaki.She's one of the best female protagonists in anime for me.
Oct 5, 2021 7:25 PM

Apr 2020
The manga isn’t complete because the author became ill. I definitely recommend reading the manga, you think Hachi ending up with Takumi is bad, wait until you read where the manga stopped. I was absolutely devastated and I hope she continues it one day.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Oct 9, 2021 1:57 PM
Feb 2020
Stargazingx said:
The manga isn’t complete because the author became ill. I definitely recommend reading the manga, you think Hachi ending up with Takumi is bad, wait until you read where the manga stopped. I was absolutely devastated and I hope she continues it one day.

Where can I find the manga?
Oct 9, 2021 2:51 PM

Apr 2020
Kitsu_K said:
Stargazingx said:

Where can I find the manga?
You can search online for it
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Jan 1, 2022 3:56 PM

Feb 2017
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I DIDNT KNOW THE STORY WASNT DONE WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULDNT HAVE WATCHED THIS IF I KNEW THE STORY WASNT FINISHED DAMNNNNNNNNNN

but yeah anyways - bruh i feel let down :( the timeskip made me feel really sad because from what i see, that's not how i personally was hoping that things would go. also made me feel sad because it felt so incomplete and left me with a bunch of questions.

and okay so they did go see the fireworks but they just leave it at that?? obviously now it seems they get together every year to go see the fireworks but even still i was also left with a bunch of questions after that.

well at least no one died which was what i was worried about. from like the 3rd episode i thought this was gonna end with nana dying since hachi's monologues sounded as if she was talking to nana after her death. i haven't gone to go check out the manga as of writing this post so it's still totally possible that someone could die i guess.

regardless of how much i disliked certain characters, how many questions i was left with, and my immeasurable disappointment from this ending, i still enjoyed this anime

placeholder text
Mar 2, 2022 12:04 PM
Dec 2017
Sol_Ou said:
So... is Nana dead?

Series wise still on hiatus but otherwise still alive.

Mar 2, 2022 12:06 PM
Dec 2017
jojokzy said:
Caroline___ said:
THE SHOW IS NOT OVER.

its 2021.. *cries*

Its 2022 now and we all still cry to this day

Mar 29, 2022 2:01 AM

Dec 2020
I binged all the eps in a day. I just kept wanting more and more. Even though the ending was open ended I loved this series
May 15, 2022 8:47 AM

Jan 2021
Muow said:
I binged all the eps in a day. I just kept wanting more and more. Even though the ending was open ended I loved this series

Now it is time for the manga. Nana Anime is 10/10 for me, that music...
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

165 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:01 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

74 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Nana Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Koito91 - Jun 17, 2023

93 by Hailcoaster »»
Apr 27, 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.