Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 5, 2011 7:36 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LAME
Aug 5, 2011 9:02 PM

Mar 2011
What teh hell is Mystogan planning?...
Anyways, this episode definitely wasn't one the better ones.
Although, somehow Wendy magically found some new powers to buff her friendlies..
--Dread Knight Torac, Destroyer of Grammar Nazis--
Aug 5, 2011 9:47 PM

Oct 2009
Wow..Now wendy becomes useful...huh who knew. But either way, can't wait till next episode :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 5, 2011 10:51 PM

Jan 2010
This episode reminds me a lot of RPGs, kinda fun!

And yeah, Wendy being useful for once is a good change of pace. Hopefully she'll stay that way.

Not the best episode but not the worst either.

3/5

Aug 5, 2011 10:53 PM
May 2011
Rivkah94 said:
What teh hell is Mystogan planning?...
Anyways, this episode definitely wasn't one the better ones.
Although, somehow Wendy magically found some new powers to buff her friendlies..

What Mystogan is planning was kinda selfish of himself to do. That's all Im going to say.

Actually Wendy SPECIALIZES in support magic... Grandeeney taught her those buffs when she was a little girl. She didn't fight anyone during the Oracion Seis arc maybe that's why she didn't display them earlier ( she was also afraid and lacked confidence )
ban1o.jpg
Aug 5, 2011 10:53 PM

Feb 2008
Healing, Buffing and so on, yeah indeed RPG style haha.

Knave: You are now breaking a rules and get 3 days banned from MAL, at least I did it for just posting like that.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 5, 2011 11:09 PM
Sep 2007
Yeah, it reminded me of RPGs as well - Wendy being support mage, while Natsu and Gajeel are attackers.

Three of them against big boss Droma Anim, or whatever is that mecha dragon called.
Aug 5, 2011 11:10 PM

Apr 2011
Hmmm..... I hope they pull out some sick uber move to own Droma Anim instead of it being like the Oracion Seis arc where Natsu didn't really do a flashy move.
Aug 5, 2011 11:13 PM

May 2009
So this is my favorite Wendy episode. She was amazing!!!
And anyone who has played Final Fantasy XIII will understand this:

Natsu: Ravager
Gajeel: Ravager
Wendy: Synergist
Aug 5, 2011 11:14 PM

May 2009
H** F**in YEAH! Favorite episode! Loved Wendy!!!
What confused me is how Wendy tripped foward when she was flying backwards...
iiSatouAug 5, 2011 11:19 PM
Aug 5, 2011 11:22 PM

May 2009
iiSatou said:
H** F**in YEAH! Favorite episode! Loved Wendy!!!
What confused me is how Wendy tripped foward when she was flying backwards...

I just noticed that!!!!!!! LOL Wendy.
Aug 5, 2011 11:46 PM

May 2010
It was a cool epi! not lame. >.>

But is it just me or did the characters have more blackness around the edges of the body then normal ? XD
Like someone too a sharpie and out-lined them. lol
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Aug 5, 2011 11:47 PM
Nov 2010
Loved Wendy in this epi.
As for her tripping forward when she was flying backwards, I think she stopped and tried to manoeuvre forward without noticing the rock and that's when she tripped.

Although her stunt tripping over the rock was only meant to show that while she's finally gained confidence and strength to use her magic to the best of her abilities, her clumsiness (even though it's kawaii ^.^) still remains.

As for the preview for next weeks epi, Earthland FT fighting alongside Edolas FT = Awesomeness!! And Earthland Gray fighting alongside Edolas Juvia = Uber Awesomeness!!! <-- Can't wait to see what happens when they meet, because Edolas Juvia is like an even more perfect match with Earthland Gray since their personalities are practically the same!! Can't waittt!!!!!
Aug 6, 2011 12:20 AM

Apr 2009
Great episode, i particularly liked seeing Wendy in action this episode. She was awesome. Definitely felt very RPG like.lol. I kind of figured Mystogan bowed out on purpose when i first saw it and show nuff he did. Glad to see the cat is alive of course but we all knew he wasn't going to die:). lol i laughed when they showed Gajeel chewing on Droma's tail also. Finally at the end we got to see the start of the fight we been wanting to see since it was teased(ErzaxErza), the ED song blends in so well with it.lol.
DreddAug 6, 2011 12:27 AM
Aug 6, 2011 12:50 AM

Apr 2011
I really like this episode especially Wendy helping Natsu and Gajeel with her powers... And also the begining of battle between Edolas Erza and Earthland Erza. I'm looking forward to next episode... :)
Aug 6, 2011 1:17 AM

Jan 2011
This bit was awesome in the manga and it's as awesome when it's animated. Freaking loved it when 'Dragon Slayer' music played when Wendy, Natsu and Gajeel started fighting Droma Anim. Dragon Slayers stole the show this episode, but Wendy was the highlight =D

Next episode seems like a good one. Edolas Fairy Tail gang helpin' out.
LucarioDudeAug 6, 2011 9:01 PM
Aug 6, 2011 2:27 AM

Feb 2010
good action paced ep!
Aug 6, 2011 3:11 AM

Jul 2010
That was a good episode but I'm excited for the next episode!
Aug 6, 2011 4:22 AM

May 2010
ah,erza knightwalker looked so beautiful before.why did she had to cut her hair on top of that it is the hairstyle i hate most.loved the whole episode btw.
Aug 6, 2011 5:10 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
Ah. Wendy ♥
Good episode.

ahmed_great2005 said:
ah,erza knightwalker looked so beautiful before.why did she had to cut her hair on top of that it is the hairstyle i hate most [...]

I know TT__TT But it was neccessary, so everyone would know which Erza was Knightwalker, and which one was Scarlet. Although they could have just look from the scars they have..

Did anyone else notice the blue thingy when Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel was fighting against Dorma Anim?
<Picture of that thingy..>
SnowAug 6, 2011 10:01 AM

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Aug 6, 2011 5:12 AM

Apr 2011
How can someone call it LAME? It was the best episode in the edolas arc so far!

How can someone not like a three kick@ss dragon slayers fighting dragon knight as a boss? And even the start of the between Scarlet and Knightwalker again?

I like Knightwalkers new outfit this episode. DAT ASS!

Good to know Lily is okay.
Aug 6, 2011 5:49 AM

Feb 2010
Snowical said:

Did anyone else notice the blue thingy when Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel was fighting against Dorma Anim? Picture

LOL indeed, what was that? XD

I really disliked it when Knightwalker cut her hair, but suprisingly it looks better in the anime than in the manga. ;o
Aug 6, 2011 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
This one was a real letdown for me. Been looking forward to the dragon fight so much and it ended up being mostly stills. Wendy's bits were alright and the music was great (although it always is) but otherwise I'm quite sad this didn't get adapted as well as it could have been.
Aug 6, 2011 7:38 AM
Feb 2008
This was definitly not the best episode. And I still don't get this whole Jellal-thing. First he was thought to be dead, then alive, then dead, then we saw that Mystogan looked exactly like Jellal, but he said, he would be a different person ... And now the king calls him by that name? Why can't just someone cut off his head so that he would be dead for sure?
Aug 6, 2011 9:16 AM
Jun 2011
nice episode!!! really liked it!!

3 dragon slayers fighting together nice!!!

I didn't knew that Wendy Had that strong dragon slayer magic!! =)

Looks like next week will be the continuation of Erza vs Erza eh??!
Aug 6, 2011 9:46 AM

Sep 2009
What is Mystogan trying to do?
Glad Lily is alive! Gajeel cat!!
Wendy was awesome this episode :D Hope she will do more support in the future...but make it more cooler...because they somehow make her supoort look really lame -.- but its cool when she's shouting.
Three dragon slayers are epic XD Natsu eating fire is expected, but Gajeel eating the tail!!! LOL! Haha...i thought they will show wendy eat air too.
Aug 6, 2011 9:53 AM

Sep 2009
Caydra said:
This was definitly not the best episode. And I still don't get this whole Jellal-thing. First he was thought to be dead, then alive, then dead, then we saw that Mystogan looked exactly like Jellal, but he said, he would be a different person ... And now the king calls him by that name? Why can't just someone cut off his head so that he would be dead for sure?
Lol you are confusing yourself. Mystogan is the Edolas Jellal. His name is Jellal too, but he use Mystogan as his name in Earthland. They are different people.
Aug 6, 2011 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
Snowical said:
Ah. Wendy ♥
Good episode.

ahmed_great2005 said:
ah,erza knightwalker looked so beautiful before.why did she had to cut her hair on top of that it is the hairstyle i hate most [...]

I know TT__TT But it was neccessary, so everyone would know which Erza was Knightwalker, and which one was Scarlet. Although they could have just look from the scars they have..

Did anyone else notice the blue thingy when Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel was fighting against Dorma Anim? Picture

the more beautiful one was knightwalker it was easy to understand xD ( but now she sux...)
Aug 6, 2011 10:17 AM

Jan 2011
Reminded me of my Ragnarok Online days... "Buff me please!!!!" It's like a Boss fight.../gg
Aug 6, 2011 11:47 AM

Jul 2010
Im almost done with this show :/ I hope it ends after edoras the home of the horse lords. But I highly doubt it.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Aug 6, 2011 12:16 PM

Mar 2008
I have been waiting for this fight for a while now. I am so glad Wendy is finally becoming part of the action. She's my favorite character by far.

All the Natsu/Wendy moments made me die a little on the inside. OTP imo.
Aug 6, 2011 2:28 PM

Apr 2010
Wendy is tougher then i imagined she was acting pretty boldly in that fight and i wonder how she will turn out in future fights.
It seems like we finally get are Erza vs Erza fight and it seems Mystogan is up to something as well.
Aug 6, 2011 3:32 PM

Mar 2011
Snowical

Did anyone else notice the blue thingy when Natsu, Wendy and Gajeel was fighting against Dorma Anim?
<Picture of that thingy..>[/quote said:

The anime team puts those blue things in every episode. I guess its a way they have fun with the viewer.
Aug 6, 2011 4:53 PM

Apr 2011
+ : Edolas Jellal (Mystogan) is planning something
+ : Hot Edolas Erza
+ : Finally Wendy can do other things than healing. Now she's officially a real support wizard
+ : Giant mecha dragon immune to magic getting its fire explosion and tail eaten by Dragon Slayers, then transforming again into a super mecha dragon that can cast some kind of ultra dark spell
+ : Erza vs Erza soon

- : The episode is over after 20 min

Finally a fairy tail episodes that deserves a 5/5 after a loooooooooooong time.
Aug 6, 2011 6:57 PM
Mar 2010
The fight scenes were really half-assed, practically every attack was a still shot.
Aug 6, 2011 7:35 PM

Apr 2011
Atleast it was the best in my opinion.

And wendy is sure is a kickass supporter.

"Buff me hot!" /gg
Aug 7, 2011 1:43 AM

Apr 2011
Loved the support role of Wendy. She looks cute when she cast spells <3
Aug 7, 2011 3:02 AM
Jan 2011
since when did Wendy become so powerful?? She is becoming really strong. Go Wendy!
Aug 7, 2011 4:18 AM
News Team
꙳•❅*°⋆❆.ೃ࿔*:・*❆

Apr 2010
OneTail said:
Snowical said:

<Picture of that thingy..>

The anime team puts those blue things in every episode. I guess its a way they have fun with the viewer.

What, they do? O_O
Oh, now I'll start to keep a lookout for those, haha. Thanks for the info mate :3

Submit News × GuidelinesPart of U × Color Your Night × Limelight × Headline˙⊹܀⁺☁︎˚˙⊹⁺.˙⁺
Aug 7, 2011 7:44 AM
Aug 2011
wendy was so surprising us in that episode with her revealed powers that is really cool

but fairy tail seems to be stretched in the arc , can not wait to see next episode .
Aug 7, 2011 7:54 AM
Jan 2008
shinki7 said:
Caydra said:
Lol you are confusing yourself. Mystogan is the Edolas Jellal. His name is Jellal too, but he use Mystogan as his name in Earthland. They are different people.

That doesn't make any sense. How can they be different people if Mystogan is the Prince, Jellal. ?
Aug 7, 2011 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
Dez said:
shinki7 said:
Caydra said:

That doesn't make any sense. How can they be different people if Mystogan is the Prince, Jellal. ?

Now you're further confused. Everybody in Earthland has a counterpart in Edolas and vice versa with the same name. The most obvious and recent example are the two Erzas, Erza Scarlet from Earthland and Erza Knightwalker from Edolas. Same with the Edolas Fairy Tail guild version, almost every guild characters were there with same name though with very different personality or circumstances.

The same also applies to Jellal, the Edolas version of Jellal who is also an Edolas prince went to Earthland and joined the Earthland Fairy Tail guild, to oppose and close the Anima plan of his father, the king of Edolas. He used Mystogan as a name while in Earthland, in this and last episode he just came home. The Earthland Jellal who we all know, a former Magic Council member and related to Erza Scarlet, etc. is currently imprisoned by the Magic Council and AFAIK is still in Earthland.

Anyway LOLed at Natsu for not getting motion sickness because he thinks Legipyon is one of them and not a transport. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 7, 2011 5:01 PM

Sep 2007
I don't get how people are confused at the whole Mystogan/Jellal thing.

Mystogan/One of Fairy Tail's strongest wizards = Edolas Jellal/Prince of Edolas
Jellal from Erza's past/Former council member = Earthland Jellal/Imprisoned by council

The Jellal from Erza's arc and the Oracion Seis arc is the Earthland Jellal. Mystogan has always been the Edolas Jellal in disguise.
Aug 7, 2011 7:22 PM

Oct 2008
Didn't realize from previous arcs that Wendy was that useful as a support.
Aug 7, 2011 10:22 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah, the change in the usefulness of her magic was the opposite of subtle.

I noticed that there were lots of inconsistencies in the episode too, but since I forgot to comment after watching it, I can't name them now anyway. Buuut I was looking forward to this episode, didn't really meet my expectations but oh well. xD
Aug 7, 2011 10:38 PM

Apr 2011
As I suspected, Wendy starting to get involved, however more so than I ever would have thought. She was great this episode.

Gajeel and Natsu were funny as always. Funniest part for me was Happy holding Lucy. Erza vs Erza once again, and hopefully will be put to rest.

I thought Lily was done for, but then I remembered it's Fairy Tail. Next episode looks interesting, can't wait.
Aug 8, 2011 12:27 AM

Aug 2010
Since when did Wendy get so powerful?
Aug 8, 2011 1:54 PM

Apr 2009
Wasabi said:
I don't get how people are confused at the whole Mystogan/Jellal thing.

Actually it's easy to get confused since there are two Jellals (I suppose that applies to all Earthland Fairy Tail characters who have counterparts in Edolas as well) and they look the same too! The identity confusion was worse on the Jellals because they were both in Earthland and were operating on their own agendas in close proximity to our main characters. Even Wendy mistook Earthland Jellal during the Oración Seis arc to Edolas Jellal (Mystogan) who once saved her life before she joined Cait Shelter Guild.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 8, 2011 3:32 PM
Jan 2008
tofei said:
The same also applies to Jellal, the Edolas version of Jellal who is also an Edolas prince went to Earthland and joined the Earthland Fairy Tail guild, to oppose and close the Anima plan of his father, the king of Edolas. He used Mystogan as a name while in Earthland, in this and last episode he just came home. The Earthland Jellal who we all know, a former Magic Council member and related to Erza Scarlet, etc. is currently imprisoned by the Magic Council and AFAIK is still in Earthland.

When you say it like that I get it. Thanks for that. I guess what confused me more here was the fact that the King adressed Mystogan as Jellal, which I understand is his name as well, but it didn't make sense at first. Because that made me believe The Prince was Jellal (earthland maniac) and not Mystogan, which didn't make sense. He also said "so that's what they call you in earthland, Jellal!", and I was like what.. is this the Jellal and he is actually the Prince, while Mystogan is a Earthland dude counterpart..

Nah forget it, I know it sounds odd but the whole Jellal thing just made it weird in my head, until I actually knew -Mystogan- was ALSO called Jellal. Anyways thanks tofei, your explanation made me understand the whole Jellal thing for the first time, haha.

Oh and I forgot since it's been a while, what was the dealio with this Siegrain guy, was he a twin, the same guy, another guy, a bad guy, or what ? And what actually made Jellal (not mysto) go berserk ? He turned out a good guy as I recall, but was obviously taken by The Council.

As for Wendy I would think it more odd if she didn't have such powers, she's a dragonslayer, so not really that surprising. I wondered how she was so helpless as a DS.
DezAug 8, 2011 3:44 PM
Aug 8, 2011 3:53 PM
Sep 2009
Gajeel can just eat the whole thing... jk... Wendy being the healer and buffer is kinda cool... then Natsu and Gajeel as the tank/DD aha, RPG style~ but then Natsu and Gajeel have to protect Wendy =]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 169 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2013

103 by aod-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 167 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2013

186 by aod-kun »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

garfield15 - May 31, 2010

150 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 31 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ReaperEXE - May 24, 2010

103 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2012

101 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 2:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.