Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Aug 1, 2011 1:48 PM

Oct 2008
Aleka said:
Damnit, for a second there I thought Shiemi was gonna get bitch slapped by Rins sword. Maybe next time?

Gurl you have no idea how much I was wishing for that. It would've been more interesting if Rin went all satanic on his friends.

But seriously. What up with the whole ShiemixRin love fest. It's not like I don't ship them now along with everyone else but it all seemed a bit cheesy.

And Bon. He accepted Rin way too fast. Sure they share a goal and Rin saves his ass once or twice but does that really mean he should accept Rin as a demon?

And Amaimon. That was his true form I guess? So are they gonna have another all out battle again or.

I should really check out the manga 'cause apparently his friends bitched at him about this and I like that more right now. And Rin didn't destroy the Cuckoo Clock in the manga did he.
Aug 1, 2011 1:57 PM
Mar 2011
4/5 ... That was before I re-watched it  ̄▽ ̄
Too bad I voted 4/5 .. I regret it (,_,*) --- 5/5
When you watch it again .. You feel like it's kinda setting up for an interesting episode .. episode 17 (≧∇≦o)
Mephisto is awesome .. he can keep up his poker face even at that time
My sister read the manga , And she always annoys me with her spoilers ..
When she was watching the episode with me she said :*SPOILERSxSPOILERSxSPOILERS* and then the manga was more interesting !
I will not watch the manga until the anime ends .. ( 'ヘ´)
I'm looking forward to the next episode <3
Aug 1, 2011 2:11 PM

Jul 2011
I was suprised when I saw this episode I thought it was still going to follow the manga I guess not anymore.

It dosen't really matter though so AWESOME!
Aug 1, 2011 2:21 PM
May 2011
Gahh, as much as I love RinxShiemi, I thought the way they changed it was INCREDIBLY LAME.. Like someone said, it was so much like Inuyasha where Kagome kissed Inuyasha to suppress his demon. @___@
THIS IS SO LAMELAMELAME. OTL
On the bright side, RinxShiemi are sooo canon. xD

Gahhhhhhhhhhh. Why didn't they just go with the manga?
Even though I dislike IzumoxRin a lot, that character development for her would have been so nice. ):

The new chick and Bon are hella cute tho.
I wonder if Konekomaru will get a chick now. LOL
Aug 1, 2011 2:30 PM

Mar 2010
Wtf that shiemi hug was a filler right? and that stupid speaking woman about nails was a filler too right?

damn it's turning into a filler? i hate fillers. Damn.

bskbob said:
seriously they screwed up the most important story point so far and changed it into a cliche huge fest that is bs....

exactly.. i'll quit anime if they change the storyline.. waste of time.
Aug 1, 2011 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
samuraigirl said:
So different from the manga. :/
I didn't like it...
Aug 1, 2011 3:18 PM

Sep 2009
Although the manga annoyed me with the way that no one could accept him, I dunno about this version. Overall these few phases of the plot were so-so with me so I guess I'll wait until the next episode before I form an opinion of how I like this deviation. :T
Aug 1, 2011 3:47 PM

Jul 2010
I need to read the manga version. But it's obvious that Rin's secret is exposed.
Aug 1, 2011 4:26 PM

Apr 2010
Well then, guess I'll read the manga instead.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Aug 1, 2011 5:13 PM

Jan 2010

This flawless bastard needs more screen time.
Aug 1, 2011 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
It's hard to say, because i love Ao no Exorcist, but this ep was really disappointing :(
I was expecting some sad moments (like in the manga) - this was supposed to be a huge blow for Rin and the overflow of different kinds of emotions, but instead of it, we got our heros completely out of character :/ Especially Bon. It annoyed me in the manga that they called themselves his friends and every one of them abandond Rin, but now I see that is was more "real" reaction, than what we seen here.

Hug at the beginning was nice (RinxShiemi fan here ^^) but... for God's sake, NOT NOW! What happend in this ep should be in about five eps forward *sigh*

I was hoping for a slow (and faithful to manga) development of the story, and maybe second season in the future, but now I just don't know what they want to do with this series anymore...
Aug 1, 2011 5:54 PM

Jul 2009
Huh. Thought this episode was great, but people's comments about the manga are making me curious. Will definitely check out the manga now...
Aug 1, 2011 7:08 PM

Apr 2010
Now that I'm caught up with the manga, I can see how deviating from the manga could make sense. The major arc that comes after Rin's fight with Amaimon is the current arc the manga is in. The current arc isn't even finished yet (although it seems to be getting close) and given the length of the arc there would probably not be enough room to complete in 26 episodes.

Although I do wish they did a better job.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Aug 1, 2011 7:15 PM

Jun 2007
I have mixed feelings. While I love the manga I was also not too fond of this part in it. It never really made much sense to me how
. This version seems a little more believable. Although I dont think Bon's resolve should have been so direct and decisive. Not this "We should help Rin even though I hate Satan!". He should have least been unsure of helping him.
Aug 1, 2011 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
It gets really annoying hearing people complain solely because its different from the manga. Well keep reading the fucking manga then and stay away from those that like the anime, there is no clause that the anime has to stay on track with the manga, did we NOT see that episode of Oreimo explain this thoroughly?
Aug 1, 2011 7:22 PM

Aug 2008
I like this episode..but the manga version was still better~ Like Everyone accepting him so soon was very unlike them....as said above. It was much cooler how they made up in the manga. Otherwise i like how other things going. Amaimon coming back to the vatican head quarter seems like a twist. But i wanted to see his true power as well. I am looking forward to the next episode :)
Aug 1, 2011 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
Lmfao Amaimon is pissed.

Shima : "We are already in Kyoto?"

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY SHIMA
[center]
Aug 1, 2011 7:42 PM

Sep 2006
The sword never cracked in the manga did it?
But anyway, I liked the anime version better because:
1. It shows that everyone truly cares about Rin.
2. The despise that the group originally had for Rin is now transplanted solely in Konekomaru. It keeps it realistic, after all, it's hard to warm up to that fact your friend is a demon.

I quite hated the manga for
Aug 1, 2011 8:45 PM

Mar 2009
i. love. mephisto.
Aug 1, 2011 8:58 PM

Aug 2010
lol the "female lead that is the only one that could calm him down" is so cliche but im kinda glad :D

Also Mephisto was win in this episode
Aug 1, 2011 9:12 PM

Jun 2008
Well, I really liked this episode too :3
I wanna know more about the puppet guy lol
And the principal, gah, he's my favorite I'm in love <3
Aug 1, 2011 9:36 PM

Jan 2011
SerenityB3128 said:
This is going very differently from the manga...

I hope they don't end up changing the plot completely...that would really suck!
I know right once noticed Bon wasn't Freaking out i knew the plot was changing Plus there already in Kyoto (for a different reason).
Aug 1, 2011 9:50 PM

Apr 2010
Meh, the manga is superior. Would have been better if Rin killed Shiemi & that calmed him down, heh.

At least there's still Mephisto.
Aug 1, 2011 11:05 PM

Jan 2011
the puppet guy didn't care that Rin was a demon in the manga or anime SO HE WINS!!
[center]
Aug 1, 2011 11:16 PM

Mar 2008
well that was shit...

they were doing pretty good with sticking with the manga and now they have seriously fucked it... They were all scared of Rin, yet they are all helping... That blacksmith shouldnt be there...

Which i guess were going to see the Right and Left eye?? gay..
No matter how many breaths that you took, you still couldn't breath.
Aug 1, 2011 11:23 PM

Mar 2008
cardin said:
The sword never cracked in the manga did it?
But anyway, I liked the anime version better because:
1. It shows that everyone truly cares about Rin.
2. The despise that the group originally had for Rin is now transplanted solely in Konekomaru. It keeps it realistic, after all, it's hard to warm up to that fact your friend is a demon.

I quite hated the manga for

Yea but it shouldnt been like the anime aswell... Their all trying to be exorcist to kill demons... yet i hate it how they made the anime all soft... everyone acted in the manga normal, because they were lied to and that they were friends with a child of the Satan.. who their trying to kill... I just think thsy made the anime now all happy and flowers >.>

plus yea I dont remember about the sword being broken in the manga... great another thing they effed >.<
Aug 1, 2011 11:25 PM

Mar 2008
Salinga said:
Now that I'm caught up with the manga, I can see how deviating from the manga could make sense. The major arc that comes after Rin's fight with Amaimon is the current arc the manga is in. The current arc isn't even finished yet (although it seems to be getting close) and given the length of the arc there would probably not be enough room to complete in 26 episodes.

Although I do wish they did a better job.

Even though the current arc hasnt finished, where the manga is now its basically like the end of the season you would see... but yea not happy how the rushed episode 16 and how bad it is >.<
Aug 1, 2011 11:57 PM

Jun 2010
Hmmm.. I didn't like the changes they made, some were unnecessary(Like, Arthur's sword talking, really?), while others were just not right(Shiemi & Bon). A few changes I let pass because they really won't effect the outcome of the series.(Kurikara; I was upset Ep. 15, but now that it's good as new, I don't care. I feel the same towards Amaimonl.)

I don't feel they actually rushed this episode. If anything, all they did was remix what happened in the actual manga to a more fanservice version that could prolong this point in the manga, as to avoid catching up with the current manga arc. Yet, still keep an action-like pace as to not bore the viewers. (Which is probably why non-manga viewers liked the episode. Nice animation, good pace, interesting, why not?) And with Shimei and Bon, since it really was all a misunderstanding in the end(of the manga), I'll forgive for now, as long as the show redeems itself.

So I'm not going to say it was bad. It was decent, just not up to my expectations. Although, I'm truthfully saving judgment until the next episode, because if I don't see Arthur cutting off Rin's leg and Rin speaking his mind to those old geezers, I will be thoroughly upset and throw a fit.
Aug 2, 2011 1:03 AM
Nov 2010
DaiTomodachi said:
"Dammnit! I've been foiled by the power of love!" lol

It seems like this series keep getting better and better. I was surprised that almost everyone is willing to help Rin despite knowing his secret.

I just hope the next episode will be pretty good....despite the fact that this is a filler arc.

This is not a filler arc. By now the show has gone so off tangent that it is obvious that Aniplex is pulling another Fullmetal Alchemist move here. It even seems like they set major battles up in the anime to be portrayed differently from the manga. That makes their job all the more easier should they decide to make a version that follows the manga.

Through out this entire anime there have been several minor differences that have popped up. the demon from the first episode never called himself Astaroth, let alone even give out a name. The sword never cracked and no possessed human has ever transformed so dramatically, like how Astaroth and Amaimon have. To be honest I like it better without the transformations. Demon kings are already plenty powerful without them, besides it makes them look silly.
Aug 2, 2011 1:45 AM

Sep 2009
Tenchi_Ryu said:
It gets really annoying hearing people complain solely because its different from the manga.
I think it wouldn't be a problem if anime version was nearly as good as manga. However they turned it out (imo of course) to a piece of crap.

That would be a way better ^^:
antonn said:
Would have been better if Rin killed Shiemi & that calmed him down, heh.
Aug 2, 2011 3:26 AM

Oct 2008
holypoop said:

This flawless bastard needs more screen time.

VioLink said:
the puppet guy didn't care that Rin was a demon in the manga or anime SO HE WINS!!

^THESE
Aug 2, 2011 3:54 AM

Jan 2011
Awesome ep! I want ep 17 NOW! :D

Aug 2, 2011 4:44 AM

Jul 2007
I'm surprised at the pace this episode set, they could have split this into 2 episodes (Removing the need for that filler episode earlier) and still had plenty to work with.
Aug 2, 2011 5:23 AM

Sep 2008
EveOReina said:
Hmmm.. I didn't like the changes they made, some were unnecessary(Like, Arthur's sword talking, really? ...

Have you even read the manga? The sword talks there too.
Aug 2, 2011 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
It gets really annoying hearing people complain solely because its different from the manga. Well keep reading the fucking manga then and stay away from those that like the anime, there is no clause that the anime has to stay on track with the manga, did we NOT see that episode of Oreimo explain this thoroughly?

Maybe you're reading too much into what manga readers are saying? - it's not that we don't like AnE anime - I for exeple, love it and I'm cool with any changes they made till now, but I'm just sad that what they did in this episode may
a) indicate that they want to diverse plot from the manga and I don't want any anime-original-ending because I still hope for second season ;)
b) waste an occasion for a great character development (something that was supposed to be a shock and a chance for moving forward with the characters, just went by without echo)

But all in all lets not argue and enjoy the show - i suppose there is no way I will ever come to hate Ao no Exorcist anyway ^^

Peace!
Aug 2, 2011 6:30 AM

Apr 2011
"It's deviating from the manga"

"It's deviating from the manga!!"

-_____-

Who gives a shit, it's still win, or else you wouldn't be watching it.
Aug 2, 2011 7:05 AM

May 2010
^
lulzy sig you got there. xD *saves *

Great ep. I don't care if it's deviating from the manga or what but still it looks fine to me.

Mephistopheles is such a glorious bastard!
Aug 2, 2011 8:22 AM

Sep 2010
Was it really Minako Kotobuki voiced the Kansai girl here? Can anyone confirm?
Aug 2, 2011 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
hmm so i keep reading that its deviating from the manga.. well its still great, and once the anime is over i would have the manga for more yay =]
Aug 2, 2011 9:46 AM

Sep 2009
They do change the story quite alot! And added alot of new stuff too. Look like i have to continue read the manga...
Aug 2, 2011 9:46 AM

May 2011
Any else else get annoyed when Shimei says Rin's name? It kinda grinds my gears a little.
Aug 2, 2011 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
zetsuboSensei said:

Yeah I think so, her voice sounded so much familiar, that it's been bugging me since yesterday (Kotobuki Tsumugi/K ON).

Aug 2, 2011 11:31 AM

Sep 2008
zetsuboSensei said:

No, credits say it was Koiwai Kotori. (小岩井ことり)
Aug 2, 2011 1:14 PM

Sep 2009
It's not the fact that it deviates from the manga that irks me. This I could live with. What pisses me off is that they ruin an arc that actually goes and develops most of the characters as individuals. They become distinctly different from one another as their reactions toward Rin clash and change over time. They become human. I mean, come on. They're all struggling to become exorcists and to rid the world of demons for one reason or another. Especially Bon and his trio. Nearly their entire family was wiped out in one gruesome night, by Satan no less. Do you honestly think anyone in their right mind wouldn't have at least SOME reluctance to help his son and future portal? A son who has been hiding his identity as he seeks to gain rank within the exorcists? Not knowing the details like we do, you don’t find Rin a little suspicious? Not only is mistrust and hurt a completely normal reaction, but this is Bon we're talking about. Everything they've given us about his character so far screams stubborn and seething with a passion to kill Satan. Yet he barely bats an eye when asked if he'll defend Rin.

Rin. Before he was awake during his trial; something to stress his struggle to do right when everyone else wants him dead. This is pretty important to his character, because his determination waxes and wanes throughout the story and its important to see the difference between those two sides of him.

Eyebrows girl. Great, well now she has no redeeming personality traits.

Shiemi. I’ve never liked her much due to her personality, but that’s something that’s already been established. She’s a scaredy-cat. Hell, she’s even terrified by minor demons. And, as much as some of you shippers may love the idea of ‘love conquers all’, she really doesn’t know Rin that well at this point in the show. Are you telling me this little, forming crush of his could extinguish that major beserking going on, when his own brother couldn’t? Once again we are out of character in a move so cliché it’s sickening.

The sidequest was a shameless filler. We go from a tense battle as the secret of Rin’s powers is finally revealed and reaches its climax—and instead of concentrating on the plot., hey, let’s kill some time and let you cool down for ten minutes or so with a story that likely will have little relevance in this story again. I could understand adding this in there if they really needed some episodes to fill—but by the look of things I think they could easily have made 25 episodes. And really, there’s no reason they should be grasping at straws filling air time when they just cut a large chunk out of the story by dropping Rin’s ostracization. I’m also wondering what this new plot will bring—because right now I’m spotting plotholes in the making.

The timing felt very rushed. At some points I could barely soak it all in, but that may have been from expecting the manga’s plot, so that’s all I really have to say about that.

But maybe you’re right. Maybe this anime should turn into just another generic friendship/ love always wins shounen. Where villains just bulk up for unnecessary and several-episodic-fight scenes, there’s no constant fear of losing control of your powers if you’ve got your eye-candy female lead by your side, and there’s no gray area between the black and white bland heroes and bland villains.

Sorry for the length. I needed to rant. :/
Aug 2, 2011 2:46 PM

Dec 2009
I found this episode a little boring, next episode looks better
Aug 2, 2011 3:51 PM

Nov 2008
nothing like adding anime only filler (garbage) and cutting out some good scenes <3

amazing_zia said:

I know how you feel.. though I hope they do keep eye brows good trait as she does show it when no one else does to Rin.
Aug 2, 2011 3:59 PM

Sep 2009
sirwence said:

I know how you feel.. though I hope they do keep eye brows good trait as she does show it when no one else does to Rin.

They did show her standing up for him for a second, which was nice. Like you I hope they keep that side of her.
Aug 2, 2011 9:06 PM

Mar 2009
Aug 3, 2011 12:40 AM

Aug 2010
Wow, that was a really nice episode. Your talks made me think about reading manga too.
Aug 3, 2011 12:54 AM

Dec 2010
THAT WAS TOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
arhh!!! I CANT WAIT FOR THE NEXT!!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 22, 2011

202 by XILG »»
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Zeando - May 1, 2011

239 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:43 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Apr 24, 2011

310 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Apr 17, 2011

302 by Animeinsight101 »»
Mar 24, 5:41 AM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

lzumi-chan - Jun 19, 2011

201 by Seraschi »»
Mar 15, 1:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.