Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 26, 2011 12:01 PM
Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I'm so moved.

I'm only small polish female, so don't be so rude to me :<
I'm doing the best i can in english :>
Jul 26, 2011 12:09 PM

Apr 2008
Pretty good episode, loved it was a Feyris (Rumiho) centric episode.

Is next week going to be genderbending Ruka/ko?
My Blog: Oasis Crossing ~The Book of Friends~

Forum Avatar: Fram Nara from Gundam AGE
Jul 26, 2011 12:21 PM

Aug 2009
Another solid episode. Not as good as Suzuha's episode a week ago, but this was also really good. I felt really sorry for Faris. Now she's lost her dad again.
I didn't know her dad died though. Did they tell that earlier on?
Jul 26, 2011 12:24 PM

Oct 2010
STM said:
I felt really sorry for Faris. Now she's lost her dad again.
I didn't know her dad died though.
I know dude! So sad! D: Feiris fan sad here.
STM said:
Did they tell that earlier on?
No, not at all. Not before this part happened even in the VN itself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 26, 2011 12:25 PM

May 2010
Okabe's harem.

We're back to Nyan Nyan Rumiho<3 which I'm sure most of you hate

Things are looking a bit brighter now. Next up, Ruka's D-Mail...Which might be an awkward episode, having to deal with his/her gender...
Jul 26, 2011 12:25 PM

Feb 2010
How sad that they have to undo everything connected with old D-mails. Seems Ruka will be Rukako again next week.

𝓜𝔂𝓐𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓛𝓲𝓼𝓽

The inner sea of the planet. The platform of the watchtower. From the edge of paradise you shall hear my words.
Your story shall be full of blessings. ━Let only those without sin pass. "Garden of Avalon"!
Jul 26, 2011 12:37 PM

Feb 2008
Sure it be but it would never be like that if he didn't used D-mails in the beginning but you never realize your misstake after it happend.

It would be hard to undo Ruka D-Mail becuase his dream was always want to be a girl, well about lottery I think he can solved that.
If they used IBN 5100 to deleted SERN datebase it would never be like this.

Her real name seem to be Rumiho

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 26, 2011 12:43 PM
Apr 2011
At least Feyris remembers.

I can see where all of this is going now though.

Also, what's up with this?
Notice how it says "2011" when this show takes place in 2010. This is obviously a mistake, right?
This was the scene where Okabe was supposed to send his mind back, but apparently it went to the future because it stops at 2011.
a6342164Jul 26, 2011 1:25 PM
Jul 26, 2011 12:57 PM

Jan 2008
I'm pretty sure Moeka's d-mail is the key
Jul 26, 2011 12:58 PM

Jan 2009
Tihihi, all of them people who thought Mayuri was saved. ( ¬‿¬)
Anyway, there isn't really much of worth happening in this episode, but a Faris-episode is always a win episode.
Like, her imitating Okarin is like, full of win.

RealScreamer said:
Only faggots hate her.
I'm positive that I'll end up dead for that.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 26, 2011 1:20 PM

Oct 2009
We're reversing the time frame OVER and OVER again.

Moe Akiba is back interestingly enough.

Jul 26, 2011 1:43 PM

Aug 2010
What a hard decision for Feyris? I really like her character too. Thanks goodness for the moe though, I guess.
Jul 26, 2011 1:53 PM

Jan 2010
great episode but at the same time im becoming sad...each episode draws closer to the end and i want this to go on forever D: anyways Feyris made a good choice despite how hard it was...and while i still like the idea of mayuri x okarin....i think okarin x Feyris would be nice too...ijs is all >.>
Jul 26, 2011 1:57 PM

Jun 2007
SwordWielder said:

And I'm sure she'll gladly reverse it, especially without a gun to her head...
Jul 26, 2011 1:59 PM

Jun 2011
This episode was definately a good one!! :p

Let's hope it stays that way 'till the end, and S;G will most likely be one of the best shows I've seen.
Jul 26, 2011 2:01 PM

Nov 2009
I too want this anime to go on forever, but at the same time i don't want to, because otherwise waiting will send me into a mental hospital xD.
I let a tear in this episode. It was so sad. I want to beat the cr@p out of those guys who hurt Okabe. Poor him ;_;.
KurisuxOkabe love is in the air! I squealled! xD
Jul 26, 2011 2:02 PM

Jun 2010
That was so sad. I can't believe that she had to send that D-Mail in order to save Mayushii. But there was no other way, she had to forgot about her dad. I think in order to get their memories, Okabe has to talk to them slowly and show them places where they were in the other worlds.

Jul 26, 2011 2:06 PM

Apr 2011
Good episode, but last week with Suzuha was better.. especially, when they read her note... "full of fails!" I was so sad for her, went back almost 40 years, but I did like Mr. Braun and her connection, I wonder what he look like as a kid! XD

I wonder what Ruka change has to do with all this? Anyone explain this to me?
Jul 26, 2011 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
SwordWielder said:

Most likely, since Okabe doesn't know what she sent.

I really love how this series is turning out with the element of 'consequence'. I loved Feyris' episode and hopefully Ruka's will be just as great!
SuperbluntJul 26, 2011 2:18 PM
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 26, 2011 2:20 PM

Dec 2010
Juin said:
SwordWielder said:

Really loving how this series is turning out, I want to see Ruka's episode next week already haha!

maybe they'll just have to find some way to trick her to not sending her D-mail lol.

Anyway, it looks like with each undoing of D-mails, that character may as Feryis did retain their memory of the different timeline. I find this trade off, knowledge between the different worlds better than anyone of them actually sending a D mail to do whatever they do.
Jul 26, 2011 2:27 PM

Oct 2007
Would you chose your friend over your beloved father? I know I wouldn’t. But Feyris did, and quite frankly I can’t believe that.

If I were her, I wouldn’t have willingly let Okabe send that D-mail to make it so that her dad still died 10 years prior to the story. No matter how much she and everyone else loves Mayushii, trying to save her like this isn’t worth her father’s life. They don’t even know for sure whether or not it will save her. No one would have blamed Feyris for being ‘selfish’, as she put it.

And did anyone else think it was strange that Okabe didn’t really pick up on how Feyris also managed to retain her memories post-D-mail? :/
Jul 26, 2011 2:29 PM

Apr 2011
taro_sado said:
Juin said:
SwordWielder said:

Really loving how this series is turning out, I want to see Ruka's episode next week already haha!

maybe they'll just have to find some way to trick her to not sending her D-mail lol.

Haha indeed! Since her D-mail being 'not changing her cell phone' I find hard to believe would trigger any massive change. Thus I believe Okabe will find out she tricked him by sending a different D-mail related to the IBN5100 and will have to trick her before he gets tricked ha.
SuperbluntJul 26, 2011 2:42 PM
hey hey hey hey no
Jul 26, 2011 2:36 PM

Aug 2010
Awesome episode as always. Feyris centered to boot! This just keeps getting better and better.
Jul 26, 2011 2:40 PM
Nov 2009
SwordWielder said:

meby..
Jul 26, 2011 2:54 PM

Sep 2009
Oosran said:
Like, her imitating Okarin is like, full of win.
Lol true. She aced at it too XD

This episode made me like Feyris a lot. There wasn't much to her character before this hence glad to see something important/nice correlating her with the plot.
Losing her dad again for Mayuri was really sad. No one would want to give up a loving parent for someone else, let alone a friend.

And watching Okabe getting beaten up like that was just cruel. Those guys should just die.
Do want to see how Okabe deals with Moeka's D-mail. I detest her so much >.>
Jul 26, 2011 2:57 PM
Aug 2010
I'd been thinking its been a while since we've seen Feyris-nyan nyan. And she returned it style, ending every sentence in nyan. But, how did she start to "remember" the other world line. And can she remember now that she has changed world lines twice? What's the divergence number after the shift?
Jul 26, 2011 3:11 PM
Dec 2007
I didn't really mind Feyris until this episode but she's a very good character after all. Great script developments also as always.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 26, 2011 3:14 PM

Jul 2010
I never expected Feyris to remember before and after the world line changing.
Jul 26, 2011 3:34 PM
Jun 2011
Good episode, but still some things not very clear:

1) Why is Mayuri's death shifted of one day after sending the D-mail?

2) How is it possible that Feyris remembers what happened in the other two worldlines?
Jul 26, 2011 3:44 PM

Oct 2010
wow, this could become one or even my favorite animes ever. i love time traveling and its getting really in depth.
Jul 26, 2011 4:23 PM

Jan 2010
I felt bad for Feyris. Now she lost her papa again :(

Good episode. But if Okabe is correcting the old dmails, then that means Ruka is going to be a trap again :(
Jul 26, 2011 4:47 PM

Dec 2009
RealScreamer said:

I hate weak girls that are in a show solely for the stupid fanservice. Cat eared maids included.

But lets be serious now, shall we. Feyris/Rumiho is strong-willed , independent ( she did a lot of things in 10 years, without her father's help) and considering the length of her skirt & her attitude clearly not fanservice material. How can anyone hate an interesting character like that ;) ?
Jul 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Oct 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
STM said:
I felt really sorry for Faris. Now she's lost her dad again.
I didn't know her dad died though.
I know dude! So sad! D: Feiris fan sad here.
STM said:
Did they tell that earlier on?
No, not at all. Not before this part happened even in the VN itself.

They may have never mentioned it, but the anime made it really really obvious to the point that I almost felt insulted.
At first she had a butler and her father was never mentioned, right after she sent her dmail we meet her father. 2+2=4
Jul 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Jan 2010
I have a feeling they're going to go back to the original timeline and mayuri will still die in the end. Or perhaps Okarin? I know there's a going to be a twist in the end.
Jul 26, 2011 5:04 PM
Nov 2010
:O I just though of something if Okabe has to fixed every d-mail, would that mean that the "trap" will return to being a "trap" again.
Jul 26, 2011 5:13 PM

Sep 2009
Within the first damn minute of the episode--
Jul 26, 2011 5:24 PM

Oct 2010
punkster90 said:
I have a feeling they're going to go back to the original timeline and mayuri will still die in the end. Or perhaps Okarin? I know there's a going to be a twist in the end.

If they go back to the original timeline Mayuri won't be the one dying...
Jul 26, 2011 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
kinda felt bad for Feyris to get her father back and then taken away to fix things and Kyouma has to repeatedly do this. interesting Feyris had mixed memories of it all.... thought only Kyouma could?

also betting Moeka's d-mail is key.

I doubt the traps one was that important. I don't see how their gender could change the world much, hopefully they stay female.

just a prediction but originally Kurisu was the SERN spy no? maybe something in Moeka's mail messed up their roles and it made Moeka the spy and not Kurisu?

I liked this episode but it seemed to have less impact than the really depressing one last week with Suzuha.
Jul 26, 2011 5:36 PM

Feb 2010
It so depresing.. and her demand painful
Jul 26, 2011 6:00 PM

Jan 2011
So in order to fix the timeline, and get the IBN 1500, they have to send D-mails yet again to cancel out the recent ones sent.

Seems, easy yet tough xD
so who knows. anyways, this episode says a lot of Feyris, yet, I feel somewhat bad for her having to loose her father :c
oh well sacrifices must be made
I just hope Mayushii doesn't die in the end, but who knows someone might die xD?
mystik said:
I liked this episode but it seemed to have less impact than the really depressing one last week with Suzuha.

same, it didn't feel too much of an impact
Jul 26, 2011 6:00 PM

Sep 2009
After watching the entire episode, that was just... wow. Feyris is totally likeable now, and not just some annoying moe side character.

Onii said:
Also, what's up with this?

I'm also wondering about this as well. I'm pretty sure it's a typo, though.

We just witnessed something quite phenomenal, too, (so much so that I'm kind of surprised no one's discussed it yet)--

Kuromii said:
Would you chose your friend over your beloved father? I know I wouldn’t. But Feyris did, and quite frankly I can’t believe that.

Not to downplay the enormity of Feyris' sacrifice for Mayuri and Okabe's sakes, but ultimately, given she is able to retain the Reading Steiner ability after the D-mail change, Feyris herself felt that it would be alright:
She mentioned earlier that she was painfully unaware of her father's love for her, and that was what she had regretted most. Now that she's realized it AND can retain 10 years' worth of memories spent with her father in that reality, she seemed to be able to cope with that, if only to save Mayuri's life.
AngrydrummergirlJul 26, 2011 6:06 PM
Jul 26, 2011 6:09 PM

Aug 2008
And1ce said:
SwordWielder said:

meby..

this^

“The impossible could not have happened, therefore the impossible must be possible in spite of appearances.” 
― Agatha Christie
Jul 26, 2011 6:19 PM

Nov 2010
Sacrifices must be made, and there are more to come. At the beginning of the episode i was like, oh Mayuri is still alive then it happened again...Just gotta redo a whole bunch of D-mails and avert everyone's life to back to way it was, and in the end maybe not screw up the timeline once more.
Jul 26, 2011 6:24 PM

Nov 2008
So Feyris has Reading Steiner too? Impressive. At least someone will be able to understand him regarding the changes. Okarin is not alone anymore :D

Kid28 said:
And1ce said:
SwordWielder said:
meby..
this^
^I was thinking the same too. It's because Okarin didn't read what's inside the mail and Moeka only told him the content without showing him. And we already know the true colors of Moeka. She probably lied to him about changing her phone and wrote the location of the IBN, thus, not in the shrine anymore.

I think if they skip to Moeka's d-mail and bypass Feyris and Ruka's d-mail, IBN might still exist in the shrine though I want moe in Akiba too XDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jul 26, 2011 6:39 PM

Dec 2010
Karasuchan said:
RealScreamer said:

I hate weak girls that are in a show solely for the stupid fanservice. Cat eared maids included.

But lets be serious now, shall we. Feyris/Rumiho is strong-willed , independent ( she did a lot of things in 10 years, without her father's help) and considering the length of her skirt & her attitude clearly not fanservice material. How can anyone hate an interesting character like that ;) ?

I think her attitude is purrfee--*shot*

This episode wasn't nearly as depressing as last week's, but it was definitely there. It was really sad, but I'm happy Feyris got to retain her memories even after shifting WLs.

Also, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not about the length of her skirt and her personality. Her skirt is actually longer than most fanservice ductates, and her personality is largely quirky, cat-like, and mouthy. The maid uniforms are obvious sex appeal, though there isn't any issue since steins;gate has had evry little in the way of fanservice.

Anyways, I loved her imitation of Okabe. That was cute as hell, and she even pegged him.
Jul 26, 2011 6:44 PM

Jul 2008
Question: Would it not work for Okabe to send himself a D-Mail saying not to let anyone else send a D-Mail?

Great episode though.
Jul 26, 2011 6:56 PM

Sep 2008
Kyouma was such a badass getting beat up.
I wished there was an actual hug in the end though...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 26, 2011 7:12 PM

May 2010
Great. Now we're back on sending D-mails to undo the sent D-mails in the past.

Moeka's D-mail is going to be a tough one.
Jul 26, 2011 7:21 PM

Jan 2011
GarLogan78 said:
Question: Would it not work for Okabe to send himself a D-Mail saying not to let anyone else send a D-Mail?

No because technically he never sent that original D Mail in this world line or let others send one, so there would be nothing to NOT SEND. What Okarin is doing is making another D mail to OVERWRITE changes previously made, cause those said changes still have impact on how the world is now.

Lets say you make a D-Mail to yourself in another world line saying "Go and put in these lottery numbers". You can't tell that you who received the message to not send it, cause HE never did, YOU sent it. But you CAN tell that other you to disregard that previous message and DON'T do what you just told him to do, thus successully CANCELING out the D Mail and getting one step closer to returning back to the original World line.
Jul 26, 2011 7:23 PM

Oct 2010
poor feyris that choice must have been unbelievably tough on her
she's such an awesome character i hope to see more of her
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

saxophone15 - Apr 26, 2011

241 by GatchiShoppo »»
Apr 20, 4:33 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Apr 3, 2011

550 by Dyphz »»
Apr 17, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1825 by fentphantom »»
Apr 12, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.