Forum Settings
Forums

Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »
Sep 6, 2011 6:09 AM

Feb 2008
All done.

@bilibili: Didn't add Mahō Shōjo Erena as nobody searches for titles with macros and as such, we don't list synonyms with macrons.
Sep 6, 2011 7:20 AM

Nov 2007
kuroshiroi said:
@STM & tsubasalover: Prequel/sequel relations follow the story timeline. The special occurs in the middle of K-On!!, the movie happens after the end of K-On!!. So, not changing.

Oh, I know you have reason for not approving, so I didn't insist on it then. It's ok. :)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 6, 2011 11:59 AM

Jun 2009
something happend with http://myanimelist.net/anime/9943/Ore-sama_Kingdom -> unknown episodes
fix to 2, as it was in some day
Sep 6, 2011 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
Fixed. Weird...
Sep 7, 2011 3:32 AM

Jul 2009
Guilty Crown is a two-quarter series. (source) Given that it's a Noitamina series, this means it will have 22 episodes.

On the other hand, Un-Go should be 11 episodes because Black Rock Shooter was already announced for January.
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Sep 7, 2011 5:42 AM

Feb 2008
Done, thanks.
Sep 7, 2011 12:05 PM

Jul 2009
Not sure how to confirm, but according to this, Morita-san wa Mukuchi (TV) has the 12th episode as the last scheduled episode on September 21.
Sep 7, 2011 2:32 PM

Jun 2009
http://myanimelist.net/anime/11103/Busou_Shinki_Moon_Angel
change status to Currently airing
1st episode is available already
Sep 7, 2011 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
There is something wrong with Happy Kappy. When I updated as watching at 21 I got reset back to zero. It's the same for all the most recent updates.

Sep 7, 2011 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
@arsonal: Syoboi doesn't have a confirmed last episode yet, only a schedule for 12 episodes, so leaving it as is for now.

Otherwise done. I don't understand why Happy Kappy didn't have an episode count and I'm starting to suspect there might be a bug somewhere that keeps resetting episode counts. I'm also not sure why it had a finished date even set, I can't find a definitive episode count anywhere, so I'm leaving it empty for now, unless somebody knows something I don't?
Sep 8, 2011 10:26 PM
Sep 2011
No. 6

http://myanimelist.net/anime/10161/No.6

IS Shonen-Ai, no doubt about it.

Most of the anime is about the main two characters relationship and they even kissed, and they're going to kiss again next episode...
Sep 9, 2011 12:46 AM

Nov 2007
MeitDeist said:
something happend with http://myanimelist.net/anime/9943/Ore-sama_Kingdom -> unknown episodes

That is because I requested before to be unknown episodes (long time ago, in several pages ago) because there are not just 2 eps. (preview to 2nd ep. confirmed it) And the next ep. should be released during the summer, I remember.
tsubasaloverSep 9, 2011 1:10 AM
Sep 9, 2011 2:25 AM

Nov 2006
deave112 said:
No. 6

Most of the anime is about the main two characters relationship and they even kissed, and they're going to kiss again next episode...
naw. of course it has shounen-ai elements, but it is not in the shounen-ai genre.
Sep 9, 2011 9:14 AM
Sep 2011
windy said:
deave112 said:
No. 6

naw. of course it has shounen-ai elements, but it is not in the shounen-ai genre.

I thought so too at first, but when almost each episode focusing on the relationship between the two main characters, and they kiss twice, and only in the final few episodes the real action starts, then yes, It's a Shonen-Ai.
Sep 9, 2011 10:03 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I have some extra pictures for Dance in the Vampire Bund

The pictures are at the limit, and some of these are nice, so yeah lol
-renn-Sep 9, 2011 10:25 PM
Sep 11, 2011 6:43 PM

Jul 2009
Could the following pictures for Guilty Crown be replaced with their textless/higher quality versions?

pic 1 with official image

pic 2 with official image

pic 3 with official image

Additionally, some other changes:

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai official website to http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/haganai/

Mirai Nikki (TV) to http://www.future-diary.tv/
Sep 11, 2011 10:46 PM

Nov 2006
deave112 said:
windy said:
deave112 said:
No. 6

I thought so too at first, but when almost each episode focusing on the relationship between the two main characters, and they kiss twice, and only in the final few episodes the real action starts, then yes, It's a Shonen-Ai.
i don't really feel like arguing or questioning your personal interpretation, so i'm just going to reiterate my "no." it is not.

did everyone else's requests.
windySep 11, 2011 11:22 PM
Sep 12, 2011 1:01 AM

Jul 2009
Pardon the picky/convoluted request.

Could this image be deleted from the Shakugan no Shana III? That's actually a Shakugan no Shana S announcement image, and I just uploaded the clean version of that image to the S gallery (pending approval).

Additionally, I'd like the volume 3 image in the S gallery to be substituted with this one because the Blu-ray cover is somewhat wider and should match better with the volume 4 image I just uploaded (pending approval). This would also make it in sync with the other volume images.
Sep 12, 2011 5:40 AM

Feb 2008
Done~
Sep 12, 2011 7:00 AM

Nov 2007
1. Sekaiichi Hatsukoi 2
Please add More Info. for following.
An event to show ep.1 of season 2 (along with 1st OVA) happening on September 24, 2011.
Source

2. Chao Related OVA:

tsubasalover said:
MeitDeist said:

That is because I requested before to be unknown episodes (long time ago, in several pages ago) because there are not just 2 eps. (preview to 2nd ep. confirmed it) And the next ep. should be released during the summer, I remember.

Well, I found a source that supports what I said here (though not reliable), but there are more than 2 eps., so please change back to unknown episodes instead of 2 episodes. (episode 3 was out August, 2011, and the titles to two more episodes have been announced.)
Source

Hime Gal♥Paradise, too, has more than one episode, according to Chao TV (where they also stream Ore-sama Kingdom and Chocolat no Mahou, the streamings only avalable in Japan, though).

Thank you~
tsubasaloverSep 12, 2011 10:15 AM
Sep 12, 2011 10:26 AM

Feb 2008
I think I got it all.
Sep 12, 2011 8:23 PM

Jul 2009
Digimon Xros Wars: Aku no Death General to Shichinin no Oukoku is ending on September 25 at episode 24 (actually 54, but we split the two halves of this series here). The sequel series is already scheduled for the following week on October 2.
Sep 13, 2011 2:17 AM

Feb 2008
Done.
Sep 13, 2011 12:17 PM

Feb 2011
Hi, i want to request a person's modification. Toshio Masuda hasn't got an avatar. I have checked with firefox and ie but i can not see the avatar. It will be nicer if an avatar is uploaded.

Edit: Opps, sorry to post in here i didn't know there was a person modification thread. Thanks arsonal.
MuukunSep 13, 2011 12:37 PM
Sep 13, 2011 12:17 PM

Jul 2009
I uploaded a clean version of the Shakugan no Shana III (Final) picture from Animate. Perhaps it could be swapped, but I'll leave it up to you guys.
Muukun said:
Hi, i want to request a person's modification. Toshio Masuda hasn't got an avatar. I have checked with firefox and ie but i can not see the avatar. It will be nicer if an avatar is uploaded.

This should go in the Character and People Picture Change Requests thread.
arsonalSep 13, 2011 12:27 PM
Sep 14, 2011 9:00 AM

Aug 2008
arsonal said:
Not sure how to confirm, but according to this, Morita-san wa Mukuchi (TV) has the 12th episode as the last scheduled episode on September 21.

Actually Morita-san wa Mukuchi (TV) is going to be 13 episodes long according to the DVD release and the broadcasting on AT-X announcement
cat_clanSep 14, 2011 9:51 AM
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Sep 14, 2011 9:22 AM

Aug 2008
Yuruani has ended with 22 eps (confirmed in final episode and here). Requesting episode count updates to Shuukan Shimakou, Puu Neko, Rinshi! Edoka-chan, Shiodome Cable TV and Honto ni Atta! Reibai Sensei. Double J has already been updated correctly.

The other Yuruani anime, Hato no Oyomesan, aired the exact same content most weeks. In total I believe there were 4 different versions, though I'm not sure what should be done with that. The last of the different versions aired in episode 21.

With Shiodome Cable TV the first 11 episodes were 7mins each, while the final 11 were 4m30s each.

Also this has had a typo in the name for over 6 months, it should be Ring ni Kakero like the previous seasons. Shows how much anyone cares for the series...
llamabenSep 14, 2011 9:37 AM
Sep 14, 2011 9:43 AM

Aug 2008
The Yuru Ani? Television block has ended at 22 episodes this past 13/09/2011, according to their news. Which affects the following Anime:
Honto ni Atta Raibai-Sensei ended with 22 episodes
Hato no Oyomesan ended with 4 music videos
Genki!! Ekoda-chan ended with 22 episodes
Shiodome Cable TV ended with 22 episodes
Shuukan Shimakou ran for 11 episodes plus a Web special. Then it changed its name to その時、シマコーが動いた! (Sono Toki, Mashiko ga Ugoita!) running for another 11 episodes (numbered as 12-22).
Puu-Neko ran for 11 episodes before changing its name to プ〜ねこ小劇場 (Puu-Neko SHOW TIME) ending at episode 22.
Double-J ended with 11 episodes
cat_clanSep 14, 2011 10:07 AM
Sep 14, 2011 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
I think I got it all, except for Shuukan Shimakou and Puu-Neko. I think we'll need to add 3 more entries to accommodate all that or maybe only 2, depending on the details of that web special?

@arsonal: We prefer pictures with logos but we also don't like pictures with a lot of text on them so I'm a bit conflicted and so I left the default as is.

Edit: Added a second entry for Puu-Neko, let me know if we need 1 or 2 for Shuukan Shimakou, i.e. would we include the web special in the first "season" or not?
kuroshiroiSep 14, 2011 4:39 PM
Sep 15, 2011 9:03 AM

Aug 2008
kuroshiroi said:
let me know if we need 1 or 2 for Shuukan Shimakou, i.e. would we include the web special in the first "season" or not?

Shuukan Shimakou should be divided using the two titles described above. At least that's my own opinion.

The web special should be in the first season, since is just another 3 minute web episode that was released as a promotional for the Yuru Ani? block (01/04/2011).

Also, Rinshi!! Ekoda-chan should be renamed to Genki!! Ekoda-chan, Rinshi is the title of the Manga and TV live action series (TV Drama). The Anime that was included on Yuru Ani? is Genki!! Ekoda-chan (元気!!江古田ちゃん).
Sep 15, 2011 9:10 AM

Aug 2008
According to the news on Mayo Chiki site, the series will be 13 episodes total. They are going to celebrate with the fans the finalization of the 13 episodes on September 22th at Loft Plus One in Tokyo.
cat_clanSep 15, 2011 9:39 AM
Sep 15, 2011 11:09 AM
Sep 2007
http://myanimelist.net/anime/7458/Watashi_no_Shiranai_Mesu_no_Kao

According to AniDB, this title have only one episode.

Considering first episode was out almost 2 years ago, I'd say second episode was most likely cancelled.
Sep 15, 2011 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
@cat_clan: Does that web episode have an episode number and does it contain new animation?

Otherwise done, thanks.
Sep 16, 2011 12:59 PM

Aug 2011
about No. 6,
deave112 said:

how's that! while showing the hearty development relationship between the main characters takes more than anything else in the story, add to that the 2 kisses and many other evidences!
it's a CLEAR Shounen ai even more than any other genre this anime could tag in!
it not like as if it's just me or you but if you took a look on discussion threads of no.6 you will see what other people opinion say, and it's not only in myanimelist but people in all of other sites known this anime as Shounen ai!
pureromanceSep 16, 2011 1:26 PM
Sep 16, 2011 3:19 PM
Sep 2011
pureromance said:
about No. 6,
deave112 said:

how's that! while showing the hearty development relationship between the main characters takes more than anything else in the story, add to that the 2 kisses and many other evidences!
it's a CLEAR Shounen ai even more than any other genre this anime could tag in!
it not like as if it's just me or you but if you took a look on discussion threads of no.6 you will see what other people opinion say, and it's not only in myanimelist but people in all of other sites known this anime as Shounen ai!

YUP!

What he said.
Sep 16, 2011 3:34 PM

Apr 2011
As I described in threads on the No. 6 forum, I'd call any story that devotes either plot or character development to a romantic pairing a "romance" in addition to whatever other genre labels accurately describe it. The Sci-Fi thriller No. 6 devotes the majority of its time to the two main characters' relationship, which is most definitely a romantic one. Their relationship is also the main driver of their character development-- it changes them and it influences most of their choices. Since the romance happens to be between two young men, it should be called shounen ai. Also, its target audience is josei. Too many people on the boards complain about how "gay" the show is because it seems they didn't know what to expect when they started watching, and missed most of the show being about character development because they were only looking for the sci fi/action.
Sep 16, 2011 5:41 PM

Nov 2006
no.6 is not a romance. it is not shounen-ai. that's all there is to it. please stop asking because it will not be added to the entry.

regardless of how you PERSONALLY FEEL about their relationship, it is not in the shounen-ai GENRE - something that isn't assigned based on public reception.

if we had a "themes" or whatever section, it would be more fitting there than under genres.
windySep 16, 2011 5:55 PM
Sep 16, 2011 6:26 PM

Aug 2011
windy said:
no.6 is not a romance. it is not shounen-ai. that's all there is to it. please stop asking because it will not be added to the entry.

regardless of how you PERSONALLY FEEL about their relationship, it is not in the shounen-ai GENRE - something that isn't assigned based on public reception.

if we had a "themes" or whatever section, it would be more fitting there than under genres.

personal feel?! most of the viewers have the same personal feel?!
anyway, all what we wanted is to make the things clear in this anime genre, that's all.
thanks for answering us.
Sep 16, 2011 6:31 PM

Nov 2006
pureromance said:
windy said:

personal feel?! most of the viewers have the same personal feel?!
anyway, all what we wanted is to make the things clear in this anime genre, that's all.
thanks for answering us.
there are quite a few people in the thread about this in the no.6 board (and elsewhere) who think it isn't... so yes. personal interpretation.
Sep 16, 2011 7:18 PM

Aug 2011
windy said:

there are quite a few people in the thread about this in the no.6 board (and elsewhere) who think it isn't... so yes. personal interpretation.

ok, for these "quite a few people" regardless of how they interpretated the main characters feelings, just by think of. both. of. the. main. characters. did. kiss. twice. each. other. (as a slightest evidence) I just wonder what anyone could interpret such an action!
it's so funny how we argue about something this clear while "Togainu No Chi" tagged as a shounen ai and I don't even why!!
anyway, "whitetear" described the position exactly like as how it is in the anime and I can't add more.
again, thanks for answering.
pureromanceSep 16, 2011 7:48 PM
Sep 16, 2011 7:56 PM

Nov 2006
pureromance said:
windy said:

ok, for these "quite a few people" regardless of how they interpretated the main characters feelings, just by think of. both. of. the. main. characters. did. kiss. twice. each. other. (as a slightest evidence) I just wonder what anyone could interpret such an action!
it's so funny how we argue about something this clear while "Togainu No Chi" tagged as a shounen ai and I don't even why!!
anyway, "whitetear" described the position exactly like as how it is in the anime and I can't add more.
again, thanks for answering.
because togainu no chi was originally a VN in the BL genre ...?

i guess i can use pictures to illustrate the point?

togainu no chi

no.6

no.6 is not in the BL/shounen-ai/whatever genre, end of story. that's it.
Sep 17, 2011 6:41 AM
Sep 2011
windy said:

Well, No. 6 has more shounen-ai elements than those shows...

http://myanimelist.net/anime/8449/Togainu_no_Chi

http://myanimelist.net/anime/553/Yami_no_Matsuei
Sep 17, 2011 9:41 AM

Apr 2011
windy said:
because togainu no chi was originally a VN in the BL genre ...?

togainu no chi

no.6

Can I ask for a link to the source site (or is it Wikipedia)? And is it the same site used for all programs on this website?
Sep 17, 2011 12:02 PM

May 2007
windy said:

togainu no chi

no.6

If that's so, then I guess loveless should have the "shounen-ai" tag removed too:

If we are going to be judging the genre of a series according to the correct Japanese genre system, slang words invented by Westerns like "hentai" and "harem" should be removed from the database and we should use the proper terms lovecomi [ラブコメ] and 18-kin [18禁] and seijin manga/anime [成人漫画/アニメ] instead.

Also, the examples you are using are wrong. In Togainu no chi it clearly says ボーイズラブゲーム. So why are using the genre's tags for the game to judge the anime? If that's a new policy, then you should also change Tantei Opera Milky Holmes genres since the original VN is listed as "detective romance" [探偵ロマン]:

Of course, doing so will ignore the fact that in the anime adaptation the producers not only removed the "romance" aspect of the series, but also the main character himself (Opera Kobayashi ) making you wonder why they decided to keep the "Opera" part in the title.

Lastly, BL and shounen-ai are not synonymous words. If you want to use BL to categorize the series (Japanese genre conventions), you should remove "shounen-ai" and "yaoi" from the database since those are Western genre conventions. Also, just because "BL" wasn't listed in the JP wikipedia page for No. 6 it doesn't mean that it doesn't belong to that genre, since the Japanese just list the main genre for that series in the ジャンル part, they are not like us Westerners who like to list all the possible genres for a given title. For example, Saber Marionette J is listed in this site as Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Martial Arts, Mecha, Romance, Sci-Fi, Shounen, and Harem while in the JP wikipedia page is merely listed as ラブコメ、アクション (lovecomi and action.) Are you telling me that Saber Marionette is not adventure, comedy, drama, martial arts, mecha, sci-fi, and shounen and thus those genres should also be removed from its genre's list?
Sep 17, 2011 12:49 PM
Sep 2011
"So why are using the genre's tags for the game to judge the anime? If that's a new policy, then you should also change Tantei Opera Milky Holmes genres since the original VN is listed as "detective romance""

Or School Days as "Hentai" since the VN is listed as such (and many more VN too)?
Sep 17, 2011 2:03 PM

Nov 2006
yeah, this has evolved into the real problem - that our genres are totally screwed up. i'm going to go through our list and sort them, clean them up, and propose an addition of a "themes" section. this will hopefully keep genres truer to what they are supposed to be while allowing room for everything else that isn't a genre by definition, but is still undeniably present in the show.

and yeah, using a BL game in the argument was not a good idea, but she used togainu no chi as an example so i went with it. didn't mean to imply that game genres should be automatically transferred to their anime adaptations.
Sep 18, 2011 6:50 PM

Aug 2011
may you please reading what lack of anime genera clarification could cause?
here some opinions that I quoted them from a discussion thread
v
v
Chiggy said:
whitetear said:
What are you waiting for? Do you need for them to both stand up and say "I love you in a specifically romantic and potentially non-platonic way" ? People reading sites like this need to know these things as they're going in. Otherwise you've got some people who are dying to see this kind of relationship in an anime who may never find it, and you've got other people giving 2 out of 10 or whatever without even considering the story, just because they don't like the BL element which took them completely by surprise.

100% agreement.

I found this show by total accident, but as a shonen-ai fan I actually prefer this type of relationship, and it irks me considerably when I don't find a show I would have loved because of someone being too conservative with the labelling.

As for the X comment up there, you don't need to label a CLAMP series shonen-ai... it's pretty much assumed, right? But all joking aside, other stories (like X) may have a lot of BL subtext, but they don't hinge on it like No. 6 does. And let me just point out that Legal Drug is classified as shonen-ai, and that series certainly isn't as worthy of that label as No.6, unless you're only looking at the promo art.

I don't really care if No.6 is classified one way or the other, really. I just want to encourage more liberal labelling, so that when I go looking to see if any interesting shonen-ai anime are out there that I haven't watched, I don't get the same seven series that have been out since the early 90s because everyone's too afraid to mark it shonen-ai becuase they didn't declare their love in absolutely indisputable terms and then sleep toegether.
Sep 18, 2011 7:01 PM

Sep 2009
sorry, wasn't aware of this thread . . so I posted this in the main Support forum.

The runtime for the movie Junkers Come Here is listed as 2 hours, but according to my officially released DVD as well as it's Wikipedia Page it's only 100 minutes. Plus I just watched it... it is indeed only 100 Minutes.

Great film by the way, beautiful heartfelt coming of age slice-of-life :-)
Sep 18, 2011 8:05 PM

Apr 2011
windy said:
yeah, this has evolved into the real problem - that our genres are totally screwed up. i'm going to go through our list and sort them, clean them up, and propose an addition of a "themes" section. this will hopefully keep genres truer to what they are supposed to be while allowing room for everything else that isn't a genre by definition, but is still undeniably present in the show.
So you're proposing a strict single-entry listing for the main genre and then a themes section with everything else that applies? If so, I applaud this idea. As long as both genre and "themes" are searchable in the database, that would be awesome. Good luck and thank you! :)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (196) « First ... « 59 60 [61] 62 63 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

695 by Cyberos »»
Yesterday, 5:34 PM

» Recently found century old anime

Silverlight41 - May 8

3 by Kwanthemaster »»
Yesterday, 11:22 AM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8715 by JohnnyNumbuh28 »»
Yesterday, 8:22 AM

» will the Scott Pilgrim anime be added to the database? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ganji_No_Tensai - Mar 30, 2023

759 by deg »»
May 8, 9:30 AM

» Ai Mai Mii Surgical Friends special (episode 13)

RayleighW - May 4

2 by Leknaat »»
May 7, 12:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.